Wargamimg please remove SPG from the game

spg arty artillery Arty Artillery Remove remove hacks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Should SPG be in this game.? (167 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should SPG be in this game.?

1. Yes (85 votes [50.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

2. No (82 votes [49.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.10%

Vote Hide poll

MagicalFlyingFox #261 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:28 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35461 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

WG decided to add armour to everything which made people play the Type 5, 4005 and Arty because then you don't need to care about armour thickness to do damage. 

Now WG are wondering why we are complaining about arty and high alpha derps again when they haven't actually done anything to change either of them and are not doing so if you look at the 4005 for example. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

mttspiii #262 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 09 April 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

WG decided to add armour to everything which made people play the Type 5, 4005 and Arty because then you don't need to care about armour thickness to do damage. 

Now WG are wondering why we are complaining about arty and high alpha derps again when they haven't actually done anything to change either of them and are not doing so if you look at the 4005 for example. 

WG wouldn't have taken the #MakeArmorGreatAgain route had they not opened up 100% loadout gold rounds for everyone, against everything.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

EXterminateX #263 Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:16 AM

Sergeant

• 5530 battles
yah they are a headache but i think they should not be removed. because if arty got remove it will be no longer World of tanks it will become world of campers. lol.. pls don't put too much salt tears on arty. i play HT and i got no problem with them.

R6I7P9 #264 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Corporal

• 2780 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

View PostEXterminateX, on 02 May 2019 - 01:16 AM, said:

yah they are a headache but i think they should not be removed. because if arty got remove it will be no longer World of tanks it will become world of campers. lol.. pls don't put too much salt tears on arty. i play HT and i got no problem with them.

its because of spgs other types of tanks all hide behind cover and camp 

Ezz #265 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:27 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostR6I7P9, on 02 May 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

its because of spgs other types of tanks all hide behind cover and camp 

Yes and no. It's a common view that arty force camping, but given some of the corridors and armor you get in the upper tiers people learn pretty quick that pushing is going to get you killed. Well some people learn that at least. Most of the draws i've had on places like prok are when there are no arty because the map design has a lot of defensible hull down spots that basically make pushing impossible.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

R6I7P9 #266 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:32 AM

Corporal

• 2780 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

View PostEzz, on 02 May 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Yes and no. It's a common view that arty force camping, but given some of the corridors and armor you get in the upper tiers people learn pretty quick that pushing is going to get you killed. Well some people learn that at least. Most of the draws i've had on places like prok are when there are no arty because the map design has a lot of defensible hull down spots that basically make pushing impossible.

​people in upper tiers camp the most due to arties and u can always flank hull down opponents its just a matter of teamwork

Ezz #267 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ah yes, teamwork. I remember when i still believed in teamwork. It was a good time. It made me feel warm. But then i realised the majority of pubbies have the awareness of a heavily intoxicated sea slug that's been dragged from its home in the depths somewhere near the mid atlantic ridge to sit blinking into the bright sunlight of a battle.

Edited by Ezz, 02 May 2019 - 07:39 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #268 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Captain

• 50019 battles

i didnt read any of you guys comment, i just want (to try) to make a point here.

some people must think that arty is good for the game because of super heavy tanks, but most arty players are really bad players and they want easy damage, few people will admit it but i am pretty sure they just want easy damage at the confort of the red line of the base without needing to trade shots in a normal vehicle (since they cant play normal vehicles because theyre bad...)

so the result is, instead of focus firing mauses, type 5s, some weird turreted tank like that russian obj (700 something i dunno) or killing some hulldown conqueror etc (for example) they will instead, focus some tier 8 TD like su130 or scorp g, even when theyre playing tier 10 arty... Or they will focus leopard 1s or some other no armor medium.

so did arty filled its purpose in the game? nope. People are still spamming gold at type 5s and mauses and those russian hulldown tanks, all because their team's artillery is too busy focusing some bottom tier TD or no armor medium looking for some easy damage (some people will call it "helping the team by taking one tank out from the enemy team" blablabla kind of convenient excuses)

Some people will say that if u can one shot or take almost all HP from a medium tank while playing spg, then u are in fact helping ur team even if u are not gonna shot the type 5 or maus or the russian strong turret hulldown tanks...

but even if that was true (that take that one leopard 1 of the game or that scorp g or that sup130 is of good help for your team) then it just doesnt matter, because arty main purpose of helping to kill the armor meta tanks is just not being full filled and therefore there is no more reasons for arty to be in the game...

or in other words, if arty main purpose incidentally is to one shot low armor tanks instead of stunning strong armor tanks, then arty is in fact OP, or have never been nerfed after that patch that brought the stunning mechanics to the game, i have always been saying, since the old times, arty was and still is op and completly useless for the game, just annoying. They are not being played like the High explosive shell mechanics in this game allow them to, they are like the old AP shell arty before patch, because they can still almost one shot or even one shot most of the tanks they shot (thats why they only choose low armor tanks). 

TL;DR So that was my point, and dont come to me with you "learn to hide and camp more like me" kind of useless advice because changing my playstyle doesnt change the fact that arty isnt being used like it was intended, therefore arty shells must be adapted to perform well only against heavily armored tanks, which is impossible because of the HE mechanics, which is why i think arty can be removed from the game and bring something else to help us to deal with heavily armored tanks or hulldown fortress tanks, because only normal players (not those freaks arty players) will have the will to use the system like its intended, not for our own benefit or for selfish/bad player's own convenience of dealing easy damge (like arty players do by seeking low armor tanks)

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 03 May 2019 - 09:57 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

R6I7P9 #269 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:55 PM

Corporal

• 2780 battles
  • [SIX] SIX
artie is one of the if not the easiest tank to play, spgs were the last type of tanks i played and it was easy doing damage in all maps cuz i always just find good spots to camp, tier 6 american spg i usually do about 600-1100 damage i believe its too easy to do damage easpically in maps like prok were even when no one is scouting i tend to get alot of blind splash damage in simply cuz there is no cover in the entire map, spgs r just to easy to play. plus i still dont understand how spgs depromote camping no one moves anymore when u get matched with 3 spgs on both sides its 50% of the time a draw 

Ezz #270 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
To be fair the m44 is one of if not the easiest arty to play. Not that the class really differentiates much between people of different ability, but that's a very poor baseline to make an assessment of the lot of them.

Edited by Ezz, 02 May 2019 - 08:08 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #271 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35461 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

How to find a good spot to camp in arty:

Press S for 5 seconds. 

imma_rage_quit #272 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

First lieutenant

• 29892 battles

i love arty, playing it a lot lately

turning happy people into unhappy people.... what more can you ask for

Edited by Bash_sh, 13 May 2019 - 04:15 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #273 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Captain

• 50019 battles

The image bellow speaks for itself. Arty was never nerfed, and its finally making me lose the joy of playing this game. Wont spend a cent here until they fix this (fix it for real this time)

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

mttspiii #274 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 18 August 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

The image bellow speaks for itself. Arty was never nerfed, and its finally making me lose the joy of playing this game. Wont spend a cent here until they fix this (fix it for real this time)

It's an IS-3A. It deserves its daily dose of skyarrhea.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #275 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Captain

• 50019 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 18 August 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

It's an IS-3A. It deserves its daily dose of skyarrhea.

Listen, i dont know if its just me or this tank doesnt deserve it all. The tank isnt op like people thinks, its a situationally op tank, but in the hands of most players who have it, its still a slow and boringly moving tank, the gun aims like shit and the accuracy is so bad that my shots miss even at face to face engagements... If you have one you will know what i am talking about.

I didnt like this tank, shit crapp tank to be honest. I play it alot now because i accidently played 2 games last week in the IS3a (while kinda drunk) and lost both matches in a horible fashion. Since then i have been trying to fix my statistic in that tank but it just keep droping with matches that ends in 5 minutes most of the time, whatever side of the map i go, its like the other side collapse in 3 minutes... So I did everything i could, removed fire extinguersh because i noticed the tank never burn, then i equipped it with food, even removed my Santa claus white camo from that tank and put on a simple-low profile skin that would stop dragging attention of arty, but it didnt work, every game same thing, its like arty waits the whole game holding its shots until i appear again...

Saying that this tank deserves to be crapped in the head by arty is the same than saying that arty deserves to farm ease damage in first place... (they dont, they dont deserve nothing in this game besides being deleted forever)

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 19 August 2019 - 12:12 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

mttspiii #276 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

^Arty deserves being pushed into the nearest body of water within the 1st 5 minutes. Which is why I drive a KV-5 instead.

Don't worry, IS-3A isn't the only tank in the perpetual-skyarrhea list. 430 and 430U's also deserve any arty hate they get. And Skorps.

MagicalFlyingFox #277 Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35461 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

And Defenders. And Shameless'. And Bobjects. And Chieftains. 

There's no shortage of targets!

Profanisaurus #278 Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:26 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Due to distractions I played some arty in fronties yesterday. Still picked up the 100 points plus of capping medal while on attack. Light tanks seemed surprised when they turned around to find a Professor on cap with them.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

bowie031962 #279 Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27082 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostRITZ_GodSpeed, on 28 March 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

SPG nowadays are so irritating for any other class, not also that all other class needs skills and for SPG all it takes is just a click on a red tank, and every time there are 2 or 3 SPG in every match, also most of the time all SPG players prefer to focus single tank. so I wonder does WG wants all players to camp base.? all I want to say is if this SPG class will stay in this game for long they gonna lose so many player base from the game.

I am going to leave this game just because of the SPG, And those who agree with me please show your support in the comments

NO SPG or NO GAME

[Content removed]

Insults.  Content removed, user warned.  

Thread closed.

~Wasaabi

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

Don't kill all the stupid people, leave some for the other guys!

May RNG and MM be forever in your favour! (like that will happen).

Also tagged with spg, arty, artillery, Arty, Artillery, Remove, remove, hacks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users