Wargamimg please remove SPG from the game

spg arty artillery Arty Artillery Remove remove hacks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Should SPG be in this game.? (167 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should SPG be in this game.?

1. Yes (85 votes [50.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

2. No (82 votes [49.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.10%

Vote Hide poll

basil_liddell_hart #61 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• 40721 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
close the door on your way out.  

Puggsley #62 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Major

• 76088 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostEzz, on 01 April 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

Do any non good players stream as they'd make a nice comparison? 

​Thought about this over a few beers after a very pleasant paddle this morning.

If the large majority of replays submitted fall into the two categories that I think they will then they will support the hypothesis. If it has some predictive ability then it should be valid.

I am well on the way to being convinced that arty is not targeting based on the player. They target specific areas. One of the streamers I watched played some arty and this is exactly what he did. Not blowing my trumpet in any way but that is how I play arty. Its how every arty game played on the high damage youtube channels plays.

xXRainbowAssassinx #63 Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostPuggsley, on 01 April 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

​Thought about this over a few beers after a very pleasant paddle this morning.

If the large majority of replays submitted fall into the two categories that I think they will then they will support the hypothesis. If it has some predictive ability then it should be valid.

I am well on the way to being convinced that arty is not targeting based on the player. They target specific areas. One of the streamers I watched played some arty and this is exactly what he did. Not blowing my trumpet in any way but that is how I play arty. Its how every arty game played on the high damage youtube channels plays.

I think people do take the XVM focus thing out of context. The fact of the matter is this:

Does XVM focus happen? Yes. Players with purple statistics stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of red, so the only two reactions people can have towards that is either "focus that purple" or "run, there is a purple and he's going to kill us". Most times since SPG players cannot be immediately countered (i.e, they don't need to worry about being shot by the purple), if a SPG player sees a purple tag they will most probably default to the "focus that purple" choice.

Now that we know it can happen, it's a matter of how often it can happen. This is where the doubt comes from and why so many non-purples try to deny it is a thing. 

I think it comes right down to how smart the SPG player is. If they are a decent player they will factor in the purple statistics with the tank he is driving. If a SPG player sees a purple in something like a 268v4, Obj. 430U, etc, or any other tank that is known for being a powerful (or overpowered) enemy, they will be given top priority and focused like hell (personal experience). Also include uni clan tags in this (YETI for example) and you have got a recipe for disaster. 

Another reason purples get aimed is because they're often the first tank spotted because of their aggressive playstyle. I have noticed in multiple games if I make sure I am the 2nd or 3rd tank spotted I will get focused far less than if I am the first tank to poke a ridge and do damage. In my WZ 111 5A game you can notice I did not poke the ridge immediately and let the other 5A poke first, and he got focused by the arty.

It's only rare that arty will focus a purple in an insignificant tank such as a LT but it still does happen on the occasion as I have personally witnessed it happen to a purple on my team in a LT multiple times.

Puggsley #64 Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

Major

• 76088 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 01 April 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think people do take the XVM focus thing out of context. The fact anecdote of the matter is this:

Does XVM focus happen? Yes. Rather than just saying it how about providing some data? You claim these are facts but they are simply opinions. Apparently untestable by anyone other than unicums who just know... Everyone else just needs to trust..... Players with purple statistics stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of red, so the only two reactions people can have towards that is either "focus that purple" or "run, there is a purple and he's going to kill us". Maybe to the minority of players who use XVM. Most times since SPG players cannot be immediately countered (i.e, they don't need to worry about being shot by the purple), if a SPG player sees a purple tag they will most probably default to the "focus that purple" choice. This is far from what you really observe. SPG players almost always tend to shoot easier targets. 

Now that we know it can happen, it's a matter of how often it can happen. How often are you saying this happens? This is where the doubt comes from and why so many non-purples try to deny it is a thing. Just run a stream on twitch and we can see for ourselves that this thing exists or it doesn't. Really simple. 

I think it comes right down to how smart the SPG player is. Smart players target specific choke points and shoot targets regardless of who the tank is being driven by. Again if you have any data showing what you claim is happening I'd be very happy to review it. If they are a decent player they will factor in the purple statistics with the tank he is driving. If a SPG player sees a purple in something like a 268v4, Obj. 430U, etc, or any other tank that is known for being a powerful (or overpowered) enemy, they will be given top priority and focused like hell (personal experience). They certainly target specific tanks. Also include uni clan tags in this (YETI for example) and you have got a recipe for disaster. Except this has never happened in the 134 games (all of YETI players) I have reviewed over the last few days. I will continue this study because it is interesting. I hope to be able to provide advice about how to play to negate most of the impacts of arty based on actual observable data rather than anecdotes. 

Another reason purples get aimed is because they're often the first tank spotted because of their aggressive playstyle. Watching some of the best players on the server this is simply not true. They play incredibly aggressively and hardly get any arty damage. I have noticed in multiple games if I make sure I am the 2nd or 3rd tank spotted I will get focused far less than if I am the first tank to poke a ridge and do damage. In my WZ 111 5A game you can notice I did not poke the ridge immediately and let the other 5A poke first, and he got focused by the arty. This statement totally opposes the contention that purple players get targeted. If XVM sniping is happening then it will not matter when you poke.

It's only rare that arty will focus a purple in an insignificant tank such as a LT but it still does happen on the occasion as I have personally witnessed it happen to a purple on my team in a LT multiple times. Please provide replays when this happens next so we can see this. I am getting sick of watching super unicums streams waiting for the mythical XVM sniping.

​OK, but I have specifically reviewed YETI players, ones really well known because of high twitch/youtube profiles because they are the ones who should be targeted the most. Very few people run XVM so I did not want simply to be relying on XVM stats to recognise the player. And in 134 games so far I have seen exactly 1 case which might be XVM sniping. That is despite these players being spotted a huge amount of times because of their hyper aggressive style. The number of times they are spotted, combined with their ability to live for longer and thus be more exposed to arty simply on a time basis should mean that they give arty ample opportunity to shoot at them.  

I mean plenty of people say it happens but there is never ever any actual data to back it up. That is what I am trying to do. I don't really care one way or the other, but I do want my view based on data. This is because there appears to be a strong indication of how to play to very much negate arty.

I'm not going to say that it never happens but it seems to be, based on actual data and not some anecdote which cannot be tested, a very very rare event. And much rarer for unicums than dumb players.

This forum leaps all over any noob players for suggesting a theory which cannot be backed up. And to be honest claiming that "non-purples" don't understand is as ridiculous a statement as noobs trying to claim that players with high WR do so because of favourable MM. Its the classic appeal to authority tactic (similar to dressing actors up in white coats to lend an air of sciency-ness in advertising). "Trust me, I'm purple!" doesn't hold much water. 

Show us the data to help us understand, don't rely on an argument which falls apart when you actually watch streams and see what happens to the very players who are supposed to be targeted. 

xXRainbowAssassinx #65 Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:33 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostPuggsley, on 01 April 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 01 April 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think people do take the XVM focus thing out of context. The fact anecdote of the matter is this:

Does XVM focus happen? Yes. Rather than just saying it how about providing some data? You claim these are facts but they are simply opinions. Apparently untestable by anyone other than unicums who just know... Everyone else just needs to trust..... I would consider the fact that every good unicum player complains of XVM focus once in a while is a good indicator that it happens. Large amounts of people *generally* don't complain about something if it doesn't exist. If it was only one or two unis then yeah, I'd understand that you don't believe it but the fact that most unis I see and know complain of focusing means I would consider it to at least be possible to happen. Besides,  I've seen it happen myself multiple times, not necessarily to me but to other unis I've seen in battle. Players with purple statistics stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of red, so the only two reactions people can have towards that is either "focus that purple" or "run, there is a purple and he's going to kill us". Maybe to the minority of players who use XVM. I am only talking about XVM users in this case. Most times since SPG players cannot be immediately countered (i.e, they don't need to worry about being shot by the purple), if a SPG player sees a purple tag they will most probably default to the "focus that purple" choice. This is far from what you really observe. SPG players almost always tend to shoot easier targets. This was said with a more competent SPG player in mind, someone who would prioritise the more dangerous tank if they knew (i.e, with XVM for statistics combined with what tank said unicum is driving). 

Now that we know it can happen, it's a matter of how often it can happen. How often are you saying this happens? Not often at all. That's not the point of my post, I will not deny the fact that actual 'focus' rarely happens. This is where the doubt comes from and why so many non-purples try to deny it is a thing. Just run a stream on twitch and we can see for ourselves that this thing exists or it doesn't. Really simple. I would if my inet was good enough to stream and I didn't play like a potato all the time. 

I think it comes right down to how smart the SPG player is. Smart players target specific choke points and shoot targets regardless of who the tank is being driven by. Again if you have any data showing what you claim is happening I'd be very happy to review it. The smartness of SPG players is talked about in the following sentences, don't take that one tiny sentence out of context, it's meant to be read with the rest after it. If they are a decent player they will factor in the purple statistics with the tank he is driving. If a SPG player sees a purple in something like a 268v4, Obj. 430U, etc, or any other tank that is known for being a powerful (or overpowered) enemy, they will be given top priority and focused like hell (personal experience). They certainly target specific tanks. Also include uni clan tags in this (YETI for example) and you have got a recipe for disaster. Except this has never happened in the 134 games (all of YETI players) I have reviewed over the last few days. I will continue this study because it is interesting. I hope to be able to provide advice about how to play to negate most of the impacts of arty based on actual observable data rather than anecdotes. I saw a clan tag focus the other day, a YETI member was behind me in a Skoda T-50 while I was up doing damage in my IS-7 on Steppes. I didn't get focused but the YETI dude was shot at. Maybe it was because he would have been easier to damage but I guess we'll never know for sure unless the arty player sees this thread and remembers. Also, unfortunately that was back in 9.22 and I didn't save the replay as I didn't think it'd ever be useful.

Another reason purples get aimed is because they're often the first tank spotted because of their aggressive playstyle. Watching some of the best players on the server this is simply not true. They play incredibly aggressively and hardly get any arty damage. Aggressive play is always rewarded with being shot at, regardless of your colour. That's just a basic fact of this game. If you don't get artied while being aggressive you're very lucky. Ever tried being aggressive on the hill on Malinovka with multiple arty? Ever tried poking the ridge in the middle of Prok with arty on the enemy team? Ever tried aggressively working the middle ridge on Fisherman's Bay with arty? As soon as you get spotted you're shot at, especially if you're in a slower tank. I have noticed in multiple games if I make sure I am the 2nd or 3rd tank spotted I will get focused far less than if I am the first tank to poke a ridge and do damage. In my WZ 111 5A game you can notice I did not poke the ridge immediately and let the other 5A poke first, and he got focused by the arty. This statement totally opposes the contention that purple players get targeted. If XVM sniping is happening then it will not matter when you poke. Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough, if you read it again I'm strictly talking about a connection between 'purple focus' and how purples tend to be much more aggressive players. This has nothing to do with XVM sniping and as I said, XVM sniping rarely happens and arty focus in general is a combination of XVM (should the user have it), tank class and type and also their clan tag if they have one.

It's only rare that arty will focus a purple in an insignificant tank such as a LT but it still does happen on the occasion as I have personally witnessed it happen to a purple on my team in a LT multiple times. Please provide replays when this happens next so we can see this. I am getting sick of watching super unicums streams waiting for the mythical XVM sniping. Like I said, it's rare and the last time I witnessed it was a while ago which I never saved the replay of. Before you say that I'm pulling this out of my bum, I'd like to just say that I've seen a lot of things happen in the game and have never saved the replays because I never thought that I'd need them later to prove a point. Especially stuff that happened in games months ago.

​OK, but I have specifically reviewed YETI players, ones really well known because of high twitch/youtube profiles because they are the ones who should be targeted the most. Very few people run XVM so I did not want simply to be relying on XVM stats to recognise the player. And in 134 games so far I have seen exactly 1 case which might be XVM sniping. Ok so it exists. That's all I'm trying to say. That is despite these players being spotted a huge amount of times because of their hyper aggressive style. The number of times they are spotted, combined with their ability to live for longer and thus be more exposed to arty simply on a time basis should mean that they give arty ample opportunity to shoot at them.  

I mean plenty of people say it happens but there is never ever any actual data to back it up. That is what I am trying to do. I don't really care one way or the other, but I do want my view based on data. This is because there appears to be a strong indication of how to play to very much negate arty.

I'm not going to say that it never happens but it seems to be, based on actual data and not some anecdote which cannot be tested, a very very rare event. Yep, it doesn't always happen. I simply am acknowledging the fact that it is a thing. And much rarer for unicums than dumb players. I honestly can't give an opinion on how often it happens to unis vs baddies. I have no idea.

This forum leaps all over any noob players for suggesting a theory which cannot be backed up. And to be honest claiming that "non-purples" don't understand is as ridiculous a statement as noobs trying to claim that players with high WR do so because of favourable MM. Its the classic appeal to authority tactic (similar to dressing actors up in white coats to lend an air of sciency-ness in advertising). "Trust me, I'm purple!" doesn't hold much water. Never claimed that non purples don't undersand. I did however say that a lot of non purple players claim that it doesn't happen because it's a rare to be ultra focused simply based on stats alone.

Show us the data to help us understand, don't rely on an argument which falls apart when you actually watch streams and see what happens to the very players who are supposed to be targeted. I don't need to prove the point to anyone, I've seen it happen sometimes to others and have experienced it myself on occasion, in fact Maverick from the forums here focused me one time he was on the other team instead of shooting anyone else simply because he knew I was a good player- case in point of sniping. Before you say "well that's only because you are known on the forums", keep in mind his reason for shooting me was somewhere along the lines of "his only chance of winning was to make it hard for me". If I was a 45%er on the forums he simply wouldn't have bothered but he saw me playing my 3 marked M48 and knew that I should be top priority (which worked, I had a terrible game). 

Either way the TL; DR; version of what I am saying is:

- Does XVM focus happen? Yes.

- Does XVM focus happen often? No.

- Do I care about how often it happens? No. 

- What kind of 'arty focus' happens? A big stupid mix of stats, tanks and clan tags... and it does not have to be every single one of those at the same time.

- Am I going to keep discussing the matter? No, I've said my thoughts and you're free to believe what you want. :)

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 02 April 2018 - 01:33 AM.

MagicalFlyingFox #66 Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Arty focus is not the issue.

Indirect fire is

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #67 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Any game with indirect fire class/equip came with huge advantage of gunning enemy down from safety. The main drawback are they all shit at cqc. WoT arty are no different.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

AmbushPredator #68 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Corporal

• 58211 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

View PostRITZ_GodSpeed, on 28 March 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

SPG nowadays are so irritating for any other class, not also that all other class needs skills and for SPG all it takes is just a click on a red tank, and every time there are 2 or 3 SPG in every match, also most of the time all SPG players prefer to focus single tank. so I wonder does WG wants all players to camp base.? all I want to say is if this SPG class will stay in this game for long they gonna lose so many player base from the game.

I am going to leave this game just because of the SPG, And those who agree with me please show your support in the comments

NO SPG or NO GAME

​So what you're saying is: "Wah, Wah Wah, Wah"? Nice. Council of Armoured Forces what a joke. "We are the leaders of this community so we want to completely kill a whole class of vehicle because we don't like it". Take a concrete pill the game has been around for years, with arty, and you are still here so suck it up. Anyone who actually plays arty knows it is not as simple to do well as you seem to think and when you stop pushing a mouse button to fire you can call arty "clickers" until then please shut up. How many years of morons bitching about arty are we required to put up with before they get over themselves?

IMC_Jimmy #69 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21538 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 01 April 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

Do any non good players stream as they'd make a nice comparison? 

That would be me.... i am the most undankest streamer going around 

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

IMC_Jimmy #70 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21538 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAmbushPredator, on 03 April 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

​So what you're saying is: "Wah, Wah Wah, Wah"? Nice. Council of Armoured Forces what a joke. "We are the leaders of this community so we want to completely kill a whole class of vehicle because we don't like it". Take a concrete pill the game has been around for years, with arty, and you are still here so suck it up. Anyone who actually plays arty knows it is not as simple to do well as you seem to think and when you stop pushing a mouse button to fire you can call arty "clickers" until then please shut up. How many years of morons bitching about arty are we required to put up with before they get over themselves?

all i would say is limit matches to max of 2 arty's but would prefer 1. 3 is to much.
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Buck3t #71 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20185 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
You don't need xvm to focus players on ANZ. It's pretty obvious who the good players are and who the rest are...? 
To say that arty focusing doesn't happen is a joke. The fact some players get chased around game after game even when unspotted or technically "safe" from the arty (behind a building or structure only to get splashed for 300+ because the game is bad) is proof enough.

To be honest, arty players who are smart will focus the better players on the other team in some situations which is completely understandable. I think there is a misconception of what people actually get frustrated and angry about when it comes to arty "Xvm" or whatever focus where people think that any shot taken at them is focus... That's not really true. It's when the arty player purposely focuses a certain player not because it will help the arty player's team win, but just out of spite. Taking shots against unspotted or "safe" good players just because they are good doesn't do much for the arty player's team when they could be contributing full hits of damage on other enemies. There's also the issue of which tanks to focus which "good" arty players should often prioritise over player stats such as focusing an S Conq who has a hull down position farming your team would be a better target even if hes 1k wn8 compared to shooting the half HP tier 8 premium tank of a player with good stats.

I personally get frustrated when I count arty reloads and notice that my team is spotted but they are holding their shot... Serene Coast is a great example of this if you play the hill area on the North West side of the map. Quite often I'll play aggressively at the start, expect to take initial hits from arty but in return spot their team giving our arty the same opportunity. I will usually stay aggressive until I know the enemy arty is almost off reload and stay unspotted until they fire only to wait 10-30seconds, assume they are shooting else where so I peak up and as soon as I'm lit, I get hit again. 

The most unfair thing about arty is the complete lack of skill it takes to play. How dare some shitter with literally no brain cells and mechanical or decision making skills be able to deal ridiculous amount of damage to me whenever they want and stop me from playing for the next 15-25seconds because of stun? For most maps, there is no counter play, especially when the above mention happens and you get shot through buildings and structures. People are defending arty by saying "they don't do that much damage" but that's coming from average and below players who don't appreciate their HP and will throw it away in terrible trades because they don't understand how the game works. Really good players (Val, Party etc) have consistently GREAT games because of how they use their hitpoints. They won't trade 300hp for 300hp...  they probably won't even trade 300hp for 100hp unless it comes at an advantage in another way (i.e. a kill which allows more damage/better trades directly after). When you consider this and factor in arty doing anywhere up to 800 damage for sometimes no trade at all, you can understand why good players complain about the whole idea of arty. 

For anyone who actually believes WG's stance on arty which is that it prevents camping, I actually feel sorry for you. Arty only prevents and punishes aggressive play and with 1.0 Maps, it's even more biased towards arty and TD players (those with the least amount of skill). I think arty is good for Clan Wars/Advances/Competitive but think it's disgusting to have such a mechanic in pubs.

imma_rage_quit #72 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 30413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

played a few arty games yesterday (only have 2 arty's in total, 1 a prem, the le..fff...fark) and i actually enjoyed it. even blind shotted a arty as i know where they camp !

and funny how 43%ers all seem to camp in the same spot, splash them like flie's

i dare all of the 50+%ers and old timers to play arty for a few games,

focusing the "good" players on the opposing team, of-course, why would an arty player not do it, they are the biggest thread after all, and if anybody installed xvm, that is just an indication that they have a deeper interest in the game then pure pew pew pew pew, hit battle button ... and repeat  like some of the sub 40%'ers i saw last night, all with more the 5k battles

Edited by Bash_sh, 03 April 2018 - 11:48 AM.

Profanisaurus #73 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
I'd focus a good player but usually I'd smack a top tier tank with heavy armour that my team might have problems penning before I went hunting Saffee even for the giggles.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Buck3t #74 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20185 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostBash_sh, on 03 April 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

focusing the "good" players on the opposing team, of-course, why would an arty player not do it, they are the biggest thread after all, and if anybody installed xvm

If you read my post... It's perfectly fine to do this in some situations but not all situations if you actually have an interest in winning. Won't repeat what I've already said.

Puggsley #75 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

Major

• 76088 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

So rather than just saying it happens, please show it. I would totally believe you if you post just one replay showing what you claim is happening. I've watched hours and hours of games watching for the same thing. I don't understand why its so hard to post a game.... Its looking like you just don't want to provide any support to a position which looks totally incorrect when you watch random streams. 

I have seen that arty focus might happen 1% of the time max. I think there are way more important things to resolve in the game.

People can stat deny all they like but what I have seen from really watching people who should be the number 1 arty focus, it just doesn't happen. And its also the reason why WG will not get rid of arty when they havwe access to a lot better data than anyone. It is not nearly the threat the whingers think it is. You can see this yourself by watching and recording arty on good players for a couple of hours. Just pick any random stream and you can see it for yourself. I got pretty excited watching Bol last night thinking he was going to get targeted by arty after his first 2 games where he got shot quite a few times. I thought this was it. Arty didn't shoot him consistently, switching targets between him and 2 others, but he got 5 shots in his first game and 4 in the second. But at the end of the session of 12 games he had been shot on average once per game (the highest i have seen) for about 250 damage and 18 damage while stunned per game.

People who complain about arty are really suffering a massive case of confirmation bias. Otherwise, instead of telling stories about how bad it is, they would show you examples of it.

Puggsley #76 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:06 PM

Major

• 76088 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 03 April 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

That would be me.... i am the most undankest streamer going around 

You will be on the monitor tonight Jimmy!!

The_Salty_Brit_ #77 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 02 April 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

Either way the TL; DR; version of what I am saying is:

- Does XVM focus happen? Yes.

- Does XVM focus happen often? No.

- Do I care about how often it happens? No. 

- What kind of 'arty focus' happens? A big stupid mix of stats, tanks and clan tags... and it does not have to be every single one of those at the same time.

- Am I going to keep discussing the matter? No, I've said my thoughts and you're free to believe what you want. :)

​it is a pity that I can't reply to your 'blue' comments..   

Look, in every game there are good players and bad players, some of the good players are exceptional some just good, some of the bad ones are exceptionally bad, some just bad..  That goes for the type of player too, there are good SPG players, there are bad ones, the bad ones make bad choices and for some reason decide to focus on a particular player, the good ones try to aid the team to a victory by using their advantage (indirect fire) to stop enemy teams pushing or to hinder a particular player. 

Sometimes it is just a damage game, sometimes you can force a situation to be turned around, but SPGs aren't the big OP tanks that everyone claims they are, they NEED a good team to be able to survive and deal damage, and with bad RNG they are crap, really crap, 26s reload time for nothing mostly..

You really have to play them for a longer period of time, battle after battle to understand this,  currently (I am trying to grind the 60K XP for the top gun on the FV3805) I am at 1/8 , yes that is a 12.5% win rate, with a hits/shots ration of  27.9% .. utter crap..    

@BuckeThe most unfair thing about arty is the complete lack of skill it takes to play. How dare some shitter with literally no brain cells and mechanical or decision making skills be able to deal ridiculous amount of damage to me whenever they want and stop me from playing for the next 15-25seconds because of stun?

​Did I just mention utter crap, seems like a fitting way to describe that statement,  as with some of the other stuff you wrote, my personal opinion is that you probably upset someone and your reputation is taking a beating not your tank..  

​Guys, I agree that SPGs have a massive advantage with their indirect fire , however, they don't if RNG doesn't play along, or if the target moves often enough, or if the target knows how to hide as to offer as little a chance as possible of being hit..   of course there are those 'special' moments but my experience is that they are few and far between, is it at times unfair, certainly, is it unfair ALL the time, certainly not.. 

​You don't win battles by wasting shells on some sub-par O-HO slowly bringing up the rear if a Blue / Purple WZ 5A is blasting your heavies at the front,  and you certainly don't win if your team is unable to keep a flank from being infiltrated by a LT or fast MT.. 

​To be honest, if you think about it, SPGs are sometimes the only tanks that keep you players (purples / teals) from running riot and gaining a TG every battle, unfortunately SPGs are a bane of the game but a necessary bane, and the best thing to do is to outsmart and outplay them, which I figure most of you Purples (who complain) should be able to do! 

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

Doomsday1243 #78 Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Private

• 2137 battles

I don't believe arties are the problem I believe most slow tanks have it unfair specifically HTS. I play alota big HTS cuz there fun like on blitz I got a 60% wr on my maus R6I7P9 Asia server but when I stated to play pc I found a problem and after a while I started to realize its not the arties its the maps, they don't provide enough cover some maps all the hts can do is sit behind a hill hoping they don't get spotted and most maps are MT dominated , whoever scouts first wins and only mt, lt and spgs have a say in who wins the game hts u cant do anything in because of the fact once u get spotted you'd get tracked by splashed to death. also spgs have it really easy u sit at the back splash and or stun people with no effort yet they get the same amount of xp and credtis as if you were a ht trying to bounce get shots in and avoid being hit by spgs so why do spgs get the same amount of xp and credits as other tanks that require more skills (note I said more skills I am aware it does require some skills to be an arty). war gaming could ether redo most maps since not all are mt and spg dominated like those city maps but even then mts and spgs still play a role whereas other maps that have very little cover hts have no option other than to snipe and hope there camo holds up this is also from a hts point of view.

life of a ht:

HT: get to your position unspotted

SPG: just sit back and wait for a ht to get spotted

HT: get to ur spot bounce a shot here and there hiding from spgs

SPG: hey look if I shoot 50m away from him it'll do atleast 10 sec stun and thts like 10,000 credits and boom no effort required ( spg players here about the forum 'don't be so salty, SPGS are ok';)

HT: gets stunned bounces other hts two tier higher than it other ht teammates die

SPG: know my team will push him out

HT: realizes his about to get pushed after teammate dies tracks enemies

SPG: well he aint budging so guess imma have to splash him again

HT: gets 200 damage on splash and 20 sec stun

SPG: I'm a pro

HT: gets swarmed and killed

results

SPG= mastery badge 100,000 xp and credits

HT= no badges -100,000 credits 96 xp

that's the life of a ht ty for reading I hope u enjoyed

hts r nothing to wargaming so i'd like to challenge the developers if ur reading this 1v1 me don't be deceived by my wr  

Edited by Doomsday1243, 04 April 2018 - 03:42 PM.

AmbushPredator #79 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

Corporal

• 58211 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

View PostDoomsday1243, on 04 April 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

I don't believe arties are the problem I believe most slow tanks have it unfair specifically HTS. I play alota big HTS cuz there fun like on blitz I got a 60% wr on my maus R6I7P9 Asia server but when I stated to play pc I found a problem and after a while I started to realize its not the arties its the maps, they don't provide enough cover some maps all the hts can do is sit behind a hill hoping they don't get spotted and most maps are MT dominated , whoever scouts first wins and only mt, lt and spgs have a say in who wins the game hts u cant do anything in because of the fact once u get spotted you'd get tracked by splashed to death. also spgs have it really easy u sit at the back splash and or stun people with no effort yet they get the same amount of xp and credtis as if you were a ht trying to bounce get shots in and avoid being hit by spgs so why do spgs get the same amount of xp and credits as other tanks that require more skills (note I said more skills I am aware it does require some skills to be an arty). war gaming could ether redo most maps since not all are mt and spg dominated like those city maps but even then mts and spgs still play a role whereas other maps that have very little cover hts have no option other than to snipe and hope there camo holds up this is also from a hts point of view.

life of a ht:

HT: get to your position unspotted

SPG: just sit back and wait for a ht to get spotted

HT: get to ur spot bounce a shot here and there hiding from spgs

SPG: hey look if I shoot 50m away from him it'll do atleast 10 sec stun and thts like 10,000 credits and boom no effort required ( spg players here about the forum 'don't be so salty, SPGS are ok';)

HT: gets stunned bounces other hts two tier higher than it other ht teammates die

SPG: know my team will push him out

HT: realizes his about to get pushed after teammate dies tracks enemies

SPG: well he aint budging so guess imma have to splash him again

HT: gets 200 damage on splash and 20 sec stun

SPG: I'm a pro

HT: gets swarmed and killed

results

SPG= mastery badge 100,000 xp and credits

HT= no badges -100,000 credits 96 xp

that's the life of a ht ty for reading I hope u enjoyed

hts r nothing to wargaming so i'd like to challenge the developers if ur reading this 1v1 me don't be deceived by my wr  

​Boo Hoo, ARTY wah wah Arty unfair cry cry. Try doing some of those arty missions, top exp BOTH teams and see how the exp gets doled out. Arty do not get as much as you think. You can get most kills and top damage and still be beaten by an LT or other class of tank quite easily. More goes into it than what you seem to appreciate. As with all classes there are "clickers" and "drowners" and "whingers" but I don't see you complaining about the LT/MT/HT guys who camp BEHIND the Arty and TD's the whole game and then do a "hero run" to clean up all the half-dead enemy AFTER the rest of their team is DEAD! What about the "passive spotters" who never leave a bush on the Base? Don't you love the wolf-pack of LT's who all go one way and leave 3/4 of the map unspotted? How about the joy of being in Arty when your team pulls a lemming train and you get raped by the enemies LT's because there is no-one to defend most of the map as your team sets up camp halfway up one flank because they saw an LT and got all frightened? Plenty to whinge about in this game so why don't you just suck it up like the rest of us?

AmbushPredator #80 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• 58211 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 03 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

all i would say is limit matches to max of 2 arty's but would prefer 1. 3 is to much.

​I'm with you Jimmy, I play arty a bit and I hate having too many as well. 1 or 2 is a better balance and I too think 1 is best. They did change it before but when they changed the mechanic and nerfed the class it seems they removed the limit. They would also need to review the Campaign Missions and Medals again so I don't know how keen they are to play around with it. Arty seems to be the one class they just can't figure out what to do with. 1 per game and give us back the hitting power, accuracy and reload time or multiple and just keep nerfing it until it is completely unplayable? At least I know you understand the difference between a skilled arty player and a "clicker" unlike some on here. Like all classes, there are good players and bad but it's annoying when everyone else ignores this obvious fact for their own biases. Funny how they love us when they are facing hull-down HT's and TD's they can't pen all the time bitching about the enemy arty lol 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users