Play the way WoT requires or get banned

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

User_000125661 #1 Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 22600 battles

Well I've been classified as a Bot.  For the record I do not run bot apps, programs, macros or whatever else they claim so it would appear that WoT are now making decisions on how you, the player, play the game and if they don't like it - ban you.  I am not a good player, I am in fact a bad player so there are days when the RNG is just too bad to bare that I just do suicide runs or give myself goals other than winning (see how many tanks I can spot, how many tanks I can ram or see how high a cliff I can fall off and still survive (the Hawk has surprised me in this last category).

Yes most of you will agree with WoT and say good riddance but as a paying customer (and I don't know how many paying customers are out there) I think they are setting a dangerous precedent.  But it is their game so their rules it would seem.  Don't say you haven't been warned!

For those of you out there who take this game seriously - battle on and enjoy with the knowledge that there is one less tomato to deal with.

Cheers

(I wonder how long this post will stay up!  Well I won't be around to find out....)

The_Goblin_King #2 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• 50137 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

I agree with you. People should be able to play how they want. But others have obviously got frustrated with your play style and hit the ban button enough times the automated system kicked in and gave you a ban.

They should have the ability to review cases manually on submitting a ticket.

Edited by The_Goblin_King, 03 April 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Profanisaurus #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:11 AM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
There's a man who's clearly played a team sport before. Thanks for all the help you have given the other 14 people on your teams, you're an asset to the game.

_Rune #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12455 battles

This again points out the problem with the Pay to Win scenario.

The game allows you no matter how bad you play to eventually gain enough xp and credits to keep getting to the next tier of vehicle without any skill required.

So you have bad players playing in tier 10 tanks and basically doing nothing and throwing the game from the start.

Tier 8 is worse since bad players without any skill or actually learning how to play the game can just purchase one of these so called Gold tanks and just do what they want, however at tier 8-10 is where the most competition is and where high level players play. There is a sense of understanding at these tiers that players should infact have some experience in tanks and actually be half decent - or even average and help the team push for the win.

In most cases this is incorrect, more than enough times when i play my tier 8 tank and watch all my tier 9's and tier 10's go off and die doing ether 0 damage or less than 50% of there tanks HP a game this basically makes it impossible to get a victory. Even if you do double your hp in your tier 8, you still rely so heavily on your top tiers to do their jobs.

Until the model changes and a skill based MM system is introduced this will continue and higher skilled players will continue to be annoyed and pissed off.

Chieftain_NZ #5 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

The Senate

• Beta-Tester
  • 13969 battles

View Post_Rune, on 03 April 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

The game allows you no matter how bad you play to eventually gain enough xp and credits to keep getting to the next tier of vehicle without any skill required.

So you have bad players playing in tier 10 tanks and basically doing nothing and throwing the game from the start.

Tier 8 is worse since bad players without any skill or actually learning how to play the game can just purchase one of these so called Gold tanks and just do what they want, however at tier 8-10 is where the most competition is and where high level players play. There is a sense of understanding at these tiers that players should infact have some experience in tanks and actually be half decent - or even average and help the team push for the win.

In most cases this is incorrect, more than enough times when i play my tier 8 tank and watch all my tier 9's and tier 10's go off and die doing ether 0 damage or less than 50% of there tanks HP a game this basically makes it impossible to get a victory. Even if you do double your hp in your tier 8, you still rely so heavily on your top tiers to do their jobs.

Until the model changes and a skill based MM system is introduced this will continue and higher skilled players will continue to be annoyed and pissed off.

SBMM will kill the game man. The server doesn't have the population to sustain a true SBMM system, and it will be even more obvious at the higher levels. Going to use Halo 5 as an example of this, which had a similar population as WoT ASIA, and finding a game once you reached the higher ranks became nearly impossible outside of peak hours, and even during peak hours, you waited for 5-6 minutes just to find a game.

AxcrVSP.jpg

​#ChieftainMk6.2018 ​#GetChiefaChieftain

"We think that the Types don’t break the game, because they’re hard to play". - Actual Wargaming Dev's                                           

MagicalFlyingFox #6 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28360 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You actually need to play the game if you don't want to be banned.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Ezz #7 Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61582 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ouch, you know it's time to find a new game when you are mistaken for a bot.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #8 Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20755 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Strangely the Game Rules specify what will eventually happen to players who exhibit this behavior, and those are the rules you accept each time you download a new patch before you can play the game. Ignorance of the rules is not a defence. 

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #9 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66457 battles
You do realize that you're the one that lost your original server... so who is not wanting who...?

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

neokai #10 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 36971 battles

View Post_Rune, on 03 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

I'm going to point out that you have gotten the Pay-to-Win definition wrong. Either that, or I'm completely misunderstanding your point.

Pay to win means literally that, you pay real life cash for the tools to win battles. What you just described is more fail-to-win or Pay-to-Lose, depending on which group you subscribe to.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 03 April 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

You do realize that you're the one that lost your original server... so who is not wanting who...?

This is not a Korean transferee. Those are marked with User_3000XXXXXX prefixes.
Spoiler

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #11 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• 25696 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View Postneokai, on 03 April 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

I'm going to point out that you have gotten the Pay-to-Win definition wrong. Either that, or I'm completely misunderstanding your point.

Pay to win means literally that, you pay real life cash for the tools to win battles. What you just described is more fail-to-win or Pay-to-Lose, depending on which group you subscribe to.

This is not a Korean transferee. Those are marked with User_3000XXXXXX prefixes.

Its an NA transfer..

Pubbie: "a three marked tiger 2, what the?"

Me: "meh, im  just grinding this tank. theres marks on the gun barrel? "

Fendalton #12 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11116 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Let's be real though, if you decided to yolo and die, you're deliberately griefing your team, so good riddance. 

Glad this was the first thread I read on a trip back. 

azmania3000 #13 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• 41407 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostUser_000125661, on 03 April 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

I am not a good player, I am in fact a bad player so there are days when the RNG is just too bad to bare that I just do suicide runs or give myself goals other than winning (see how many tanks I can spot, how many tanks I can ram or see how high a cliff I can fall off and still survive (the Hawk has surprised me in this last category).

I can understand your perspective. You like tanks. You like looking at tanks. You like shooting the tank's gun. You like watching tank tracks move over undulating terrain. But you don't actually enjoy playing World of Tanks, do you?

The match rules are:

"team deathmatch" 

"no respawns"

"capture enemy base"

"friendly fire: on"

"Time limit: 15 minutes"

It's not a hardcore sim. It's a modern FPS shooter tied to vehicle combat.

It's not a twitch shooter. Its a tactical shooter emphasising time management.

If you want to get good at this game;

Don't bother reviewing any media relating to tank history (unless you are a tank hobbyist:P)

Play lots of speedchess (promotes memory, observation and decision-making ability)

Hit a tennis ball against the wall (for motor skills, and recital of basic physics principles.........now you have merit to use curse-words to describe rng)

Scary is seeing your survival rate; 5% recent and 10% overall. You keep getting worse at this game dude; worse than bots apparently

Edited by azmania3000, 03 April 2018 - 10:53 AM.

BadAtLightTanks #14 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• 3735 battles

View Post_Rune, on 03 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

I agree with everything you said except the SBMM system. It is not good for the game as the lower skill players will probably never get to improved and in fact, it gives them a false sense of competence as the best of the worst will have the wrong perception that they are better or at least equal to the worst of the best because you cannot improve if you are always placed with the worst, I think you will get what I mean.

FramFramson #15 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Major

• 36146 battles
If you don't want to play as a member of a team, don't play a team-based game. It's that simple.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #16 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66457 battles

View PostBadAtLightTanks, on 03 April 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I agree with everything you said except the SBMM system. It is not good for the game as the lower skill players will probably never get to improved and in fact, it gives them a false sense of competence as the best of the worst will have the wrong perception that they are better or at least equal to the worst of the best because you cannot improve if you are always placed with the worst, I think you will get what I mean.

So you're saying allowing lower skill players to win higher skill players 40% of the time while camping purely due to MM is better...?

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

Fendalton #17 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11116 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostBadAtLightTanks, on 03 April 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Nearly every competitive online game has a SBMM. But yeah not the population here for it. 

BadAtLightTanks #18 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• 3735 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 03 April 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

So you're saying allowing lower skill players to win higher skill players 40% of the time while camping purely due to MM is better...?

Without them lower skill players, the higher skill players will have a much harder time achieving their 60% win rate :trollface: Let's be brutally frank about it. If you are a higher skill player and you are placed with a similarly skilled player, you want to tell me you have a 60% chance or better than 50% chance of beating him all or most of the time? SBMM should logically bring down the win rates of all the higher skills players.

Sir_Direkin #19 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• 9492 battles

View PostBadAtLightTanks, on 03 April 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Without them lower skill players, the higher skill players will have a much harder time achieving their 60% win rate :trollface: Let's be brutally frank about it. If you are a higher skill player and you are placed with a similarly skilled player, you want to tell me you have a 60% chance or better than 50% chance of beating him all or most of the time? SBMM should logically bring down the win rates of all the higher skills players.

Right, but with SBMM win rate won't be the e-peen, it'll be ELO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

BadAtLightTanks #20 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Corporal

• 3735 battles

View PostFendalton, on 03 April 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

Nearly every competitive online game has a SBMM. But yeah not the population here for it. 

I have now come to terms with 15:0 & 0:15 matches that end in under 5 minutes. I just try my best to be the last to die and do as much damages as I can before it is my turn to be gangbanged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users