World of Tanks- 1.0 Intel event problems

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

ToddGaming #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:54 AM

Private

• 11952 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Hello everyone, this is my first time on this forum after 2 years playing this game. As all of you know theres an event in world of tanks and if you get to 1st place you get a 3000$ laptop (pretty nice) and 2nd-251st you get intel i7 processor (pretty good). So the requirement  of the event is to win and the lowest tier you can play to get stamps is tier 4, that is a problem. I know wargaming want new player to get the MTLS so the new players keep playing the game and enjoy it. If you are giving away a 3000$ laptop you need to make it hard. Make the mission separate between the free tier 3 premium and the intel leaderboard. The top guy on the leaderboard literally spam tier 4 and yolo rammed the enemy then repeat. That is killing the low tier matches and it is unfair for the better player because nobody wants to play tier 4, it is boring as heck and if wargaming want to make another event like this please consider that people will literally do anything to win anything, maybe after you finished the MTLS grind, then open a new mission call "intel leaderboard" or something and the requirement to get stamps is tier 5+, do 1000 damage(no yoloing if you need to do 1000 damage) and at least a kill. Make it fair for others that doesnt have time to play the game 24/7. I cant even keep up with Steel_Recon that have 550+ stamps, I only have 304 stamps playing tier 6+ and sometimes tier 5, my M4 sherman(grinding for the E8 and E2) and pz 4 h(grinding for the vks)  This event is good because it give you exp multiplier so you can grind your tanks and thats what i've been doing since day 1 of the event. Anyway that's my opinion on this event, its great that you only have to play the game several times to get credit and exp boost but for a 3000$ laptop, you really need to think that through. Wargaming, you are giving a 3000$ laptop to someone who spams tier 4. That ain't fair, well hopefully some of you out there sees this and give an opinion on it.

Ezz #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64521 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
If it is any consolation, at least on sea they included the win requirement. It's apparently even worse over on the other servers.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Defiance_ #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:45 AM

The Firestarter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 24618 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Agreed, I was just about to make a thread...on this..

but as Ezz said, it is WAY worse on other servers.

signature.png ?username=Defiance_WoT&theme=dark

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(14) : Obj 140, IS-3, T32, Panther 8.8,Comet, T20, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, T-34-85M, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

Profanisaurus #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Also included a minimum of tier 4... which I'm pretty sure I spotted Defiance losing in last night.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 04 April 2018 - 09:58 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70301 battles

In Chinese, there is a saying

The guy who ran 50 steps away from the battle laughed at the guy who ran 100 steps.

It is a competition, it is supposed to be hard. And people join when they think they have the chance. And they will meet other people who have more chance. And everybody will do what they can within game rules to win.

If you find the competition rules not in your favor, why not find another competition where the rules are in your favor?

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 04 April 2018 - 11:20 AM.

Ezz #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64521 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's going to be interesting to work out the number of hours someone would have played to win this, and then figure out how much they could have earned at minimum wage.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ToddGaming #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

Private

• 11952 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 04 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

In Chinese, there is a saying

The guy who ran 50 steps away from the battle laughed at the guy who ran 100 steps.

It is a competition, it is supposed to be hard. And people join when they think they have the chance. And they will meet other people who have more chance. And everybody will do what they can within game rules to win.

If you find the competition rules not in your favor, why not find another competition where the rules are in your favor?

It's an easy competition, WG should make it harder. you are not going to find any competition that give you a 3000$ laptop for such an easy task.

TE_maaw_ #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 44202 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostEzz, on 04 April 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

It's going to be interesting to work out the number of hours someone would have played to win this, and then figure out how much they could have earned at minimum wage.

alr give up to get 1st place, even 12 hrs/day not enough to get into top 5

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70301 battles

View PostToddGaming, on 04 April 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

It's an easy competition, WG should make it harder. you are not going to find any competition that give you a 3000$ laptop for such an easy task.

So it's an easy competition.

So will you review the laptop when you win?

ToddGaming #10 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Private

• 11952 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 04 April 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

So it's an easy competition.

So will you review the laptop when you win?

review? why ?

Profanisaurus #11 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Allow me.  Whooosh

kl19442 #12 Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Upholder of Russian Bias

• 7193 battles

Down here in Asia, we have tier 4 restrictions, and top ten in xp (as well as win) and whatnot. As Ezz has mentioned, it is really worse on the other servers, as they do not have such restrictions - so we see bot spam galore on the other servers. 

To quote WG: "While all in-game rewards will be delivered during the event, the physical rewards may take a little longer to arrive as fair play checks will be carried out."

Fair play checks? I'd assume they would check for botting and whatnot.

"The longer the battle lasts the more force we'll have to use!"  

"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem."

Zhukov

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30588 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 04 April 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Its probably worth it for some people running 10y/o potatoes on mobile data in some places. 

Not sure what they would do with it. Maybe try to sell it off asap. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

kl19442 #14 Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Upholder of Russian Bias

• 7193 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 April 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Challenge accepted! (I'm assuming your're talking about winning the laptop)

Seeing as WG is rather vague about the specs of the Alienware 17 they are giving out to first place, I'm going to have to assume which model they will give away.

Quoting WG: "Pricing over $3,000, ALIENWARE 17 with an Intel® Core™ i7 processor is the brand's most powerful 17-inch gaming laptop designed for VR. It will let you experience tank battle like never before with NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 10-Series graphics and Tobii Aware software. "

We can narrow the model down to roughly two: (from the Dell AUS websitehttp://www.dell.com/...re-17-laptop/pd)

The Alienware 17 model /w GTX 1070 or the Alienware 17 model /w GTX 1080, at $3,149 AUD and $3,869 AUD respectively.

For the purposes of calculation I will assume that WG is giving away the GTX 1070 model, at 3,149 AUD, seeing as Intel is presumably giving WG both the laptop and the cores - and they want to do it for cheap :).

Ok.....

I will also have to assume the player earns money at the average Australian wage for 2017, which is $1164.60 AUD  (seven hour work days) weekly (https://www.lifehack...earn-in-a-year/) (I would prefer median, as mining is rather skewed, but ehhhhh)

This means it should take said player roughly 2.7039 weeks to earn enough money for the Alienware 17 laptop (assuming that all the money earned goes towards the laptop, completely disregarding living and travel costs), or  2 weeks five days worth of working days (seven hour working days, please read further down),  (and if they work Mon-Fri) which equates to 3 weeks 4 days in total (including Sat/Sun). 

Hours worked = 133 hours.

TD:DR so it will take 3 weeks, 4 days to earn enough money to buy the Alienware 17, disregarding living costs, and assuming said person works Mon/Fri, on average wage in Australia.

but how about stamps?

(*sighs* I'm going to have to assume a lot for this.)

Let's use the top player (Steel_Recon) as a test subject.

At the moment of writing, Steel_Recon sits on 618 stamps. (his stamp about is vastly higher than no.2, about 88 more, compared to the other players, which are neck to neck between 1 - 40 stamps).

Grand Extravaganza started 30th March 18:00 (UTC + 8) and ends 10th April 18:00 (UTC + 8). (Thus comp lasts for 11 days)

If we assume Steel_Recon started at exactly 30th March 18:00 UTC + 8 (a bit of a stretch), his average stamps a day must be  (618 / 5) 123.6 stamps a day (time of writing is 4th April). 

Assuming Steel_Recon keeps the pace up, when 10th April rolls around, Steel_Recon will have 1359.6 stamps. (and we must assume he wins). 

Now, it's time to assume the hours Steel_Recon must have played WoT for.

In March 2017, average working hours per week were 34.66 hours.

Divide this by five, and we get roughly 7 hours a day work. Now we must assume Steel_Recon's life habits. Let's say he works 9 am to 4 pm every day. (and he/she/it takes 30 minutes to travel to work)

How much time will he get to game? I'll assume he sleeps average adult sleeping time (which is 7 - 9 hours in AUS). We can assume Steel_Recon sleeps for 7 hours.

Therefore, he has 7 hours to play WoT. (deducting 1 hour for self care needs i.e eating, toiletry, etc, and 1 hour for travel times to work).

123.6 stamps / 7 is 17.65 stamps an hour, on average.

Thus, he must spend 77 hours (roughly) to get the Alienware 17 Laptop. (by stamps)

Theoretically, how much does he earn weekly via stamps? (if we convert stamps to AUD)

Let's thus convert these amounts of stamps to IRL money. 1359.6 stamps = $3,149 AUD

$3,149 / 77 hours is $41 AUD per hour (....) and thus $1431 AUD a week, thus earning more than working.

FINAL TL:DR

133 hours to earn enough money for Alienware 17.

77 hours to get enough stamps for Alienware 17.

Working nets $1164.60 AUD weekly, while stamps net $1431 AUD weekly.

To answer Ezz, (if you mean the time the person played WoT, the person could have worked) Steel_Recon could have netted $2,562 AUD instead of playing WoT, which is not enough for the Alienware 17.

I would love for someone to read over my calculations, and check for errors, as I am still in high school :p

(*sigh* now i can rest)

Edited by kl19442, 04 April 2018 - 04:21 PM.

Zhukov

Ezz #15 Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64521 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Like it...

One thing tho... almost 18 stamps an hour? 18 wins an hour would be tough for pretty much anyone on the server. Further if we assume the gent isn't employed this will afford him more play hours, hence number of stamps / hr will be significantly lower and more achievable. Further, if we assume 'hours played' could be converted to 'hours worked' where by we use an avg hourly wage i suspect his potential earnings would be significantly higher. But then of course there is the limitation of avg hourly wage wherever the gent is from, which again may change things significantly.

Scrubba #16 Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• 32643 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Kudos to Steel_Recon if its just one person playing the account, however i'm skeptical....very skeptical. If there's one thing I've learnt playing on this server, where there's real life cash involved, eg selling a laptop and dividing the profit, there is usually a clear plan and dedication to exploit the rules for such gain.

Edited by Scrubba, 04 April 2018 - 04:59 PM.

kl19442 #17 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Upholder of Russian Bias

• 7193 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 April 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Like it...

One thing tho... almost 18 stamps an hour? 18 wins an hour would be tough for pretty much anyone on the server. Further if we assume the gent isn't employed this will afford him more play hours, hence number of stamps / hr will be significantly lower and more achievable. Further, if we assume 'hours played' could be converted to 'hours worked' where by we use an avg hourly wage i suspect his potential earnings would be significantly higher. But then of course there is the limitation of avg hourly wage wherever the gent is from, which again may change things significantly.

Good point.... Let's assume Steel_Recon does not work, and thus plays WoT as much as possible. He still sleeps for seven hours, and I can deduct 4 hours for eating and other needs, like rest. Thus, the maximum he can play for is 13 hours (welp).

Then, the stamps per hour will thus reduce down to a possible 9.5 stamps per hour, which seems manageable. (win big on any maps nets you 2 for first win)

He will then need 143 hours for that Alienware 17 Laptop,

If this Steel_Recon is an average aussie with $1164.60 AUD weekly earnings, thus $33.27 AUD an hour (seven hour work average day)

However, we have not accounted for weekends, where wages are increased.

By inserting this factor, we get 4 weekends in the comp period, which equals 52 hours of increased wage multiplier. I'd assume the multipler is 1.5x the wage, thus the 52 hours will now net 

$49.9 AUD per hour, which means in total about $2594.8 AUD

Thus, 143 hours will be needed for the laptop, and possible money that could have been earned during such time is (143 - 52 hours = 91 hours normal wage, 52 hours 1.5x wage, thus adding up to) $5,622.37 AUD (possibly earned if working), which means...

No longer more profitable than working, unless said Steel_Recon does not work during time period. However, we are then assuming Steel_Recon works 13 hour days, which is illegal.

tbh, it might be possible for 18 stamps /hour, because that might mean winning big on 9 different maps, hence 9 wins and double stamps, or some combination of win big missions and keep em coming missions (one stamp per win, repeatable).

Edited by kl19442, 04 April 2018 - 05:15 PM.

Zhukov

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #18 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70301 battles

That's your average salary? I get the same amount as a senior engineer in an MNC producing actual stuff that goes into computers and phones.

Gotta love the salary vs GDP ratio.

wasaabi #19 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 21575 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postkl19442, on 04 April 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Good point.... Let's assume Steel_Recon does not work, and thus plays WoT as much as possible. He still sleeps for seven hours, and I can deduct 4 hours for eating and other needs, like rest. Thus, the maximum he can play for is 13 hours (welp).

Then, the stamps per hour will thus reduce down to a possible 9.5 stamps per hour, which seems manageable.

He will then need 143 hours for that Alienware 17 Laptop,

If this Steel_Recon is an average aussie with $1164.60 AUD weekly earnings, thus $33.27 AUD an hour (seven hour work average day)

However, we have not accounted for weekends, where wages are increased.

By inserting this factor, we get 4 weekends in the comp period, which equals 52 hours of increased wage multiplier. I'd assume the multipler is 1.5x the wage, thus the 52 hours will now net 

$49.9 AUD per hour, which means in total about $2594.8 AUD

Thus, 143 hours will be needed for the laptop, and possible money that could have been earned during such time is (143 - 52 hours = 91 hours normal wage, 52 hours 1.5x wage, thus adding up to) $5,622.37 AUD (possibly earned if working), which means...

No longer more profitable than working, unless said Steel_Recon does not work during time period. However, we are then assuming Steel_Recon works 13 hour days, which is illegal.

Maaw has already said he couldn't stay in the top 5 playing 12 hours per day, so the current leaders must be smashing it or as Scrubba said sharing the accounts.

Also the $3K prize will be a USD value so slightly more than you have calculated for.

Edited by wasaabi, 04 April 2018 - 05:18 PM.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

kl19442 #20 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

Upholder of Russian Bias

• 7193 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 04 April 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Maaw has already said he couldn't stay in the top 5 playing 12 hours per day, so the current leaders must be smashing it or as Scrubba said sharing the accounts.

Also the $3K prize will be a USD value so slightly more than you have calculated for.

yeah, 13h is quite a stretch. But like I said, Steel_Recon only needs 123.6 stamps a day. Perhaps he could be playing for 9 hours - with stamps an hour at 13.7. Possible to achieve, seeing as win big nets 2 stamps, so maybe 6 different win big maps, with a 2- 1 stamp win for an already "won for the day" map. I don't really know how long Steel_Recon plays for.

I got the cost of the Alienware 17 laptop off the Dell AUS store, as I was pretty sure the person who wrote the desc. for the Alienware 17 here: https://wotonereward.asia/en/

for the comp is writing in Aussie dollars. (as 3 k USD is roughly 3,910 Aussie dollars, and the model of the Alienware 17 which costs the most is only $3,869 AUD, unless WG was lying about the over 3k price tag :)

Edit: nvm, it's possible that WG is giving out the GTX 1080 model, as it is on discount on the DELL AUS website, and it normally costs $4,299 AUD

Edited by kl19442, 04 April 2018 - 05:33 PM.

Zhukov

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users