Let's try this again...

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

FramFramson #61 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Not really the best game for me - a too-aggressive start (thought i'd try to spot for the 4005) meant I spent a long time frustrated, though I got some okay damage/kills in the endgame.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4440276#sand_river-framframson-strv_103b

Just a simple question. At about 12:10, after I fire, I know my camo net hasn't kicked in yet (jumped the gun by just a fraction of a second since the IS7 was backing off), but I have a full camo skill crew, with BiA and paint and everything else... HOW in the [edited] was I spotted? I am literally on the very edge of the IS7's spotting range and while the IS7 has good view range for a heavy, I though I'd be okay to fire a shot at LITERAL MAXIMUM SPOTTING RANGE in a tank with one of the highest camo ratings in the game. Nor did I see any other tank that might've done the spotting when I looked at the replay.

Was it another tank? What the hell happened here?

Edited by FramFramson, 11 July 2018 - 01:23 PM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

FramFramson #62 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Alright. Help me the [edited] out here. Please.

Following the exact same trend every tank I've ever played has followed, my Progetto was at 55% win rate at about the 230-250 battle mark (around there), and is now at FOURTY-SIX PERCENT. In the most busted T8 there is (with the possible exception of the Defender, which I hilariously terrible in). I'm regularly doing 1.5-2k damage and hit 3k and even 4k occasionally. I'm claiming territory and keeping my gun firing. Yet every match is loss after loss. In fact I'm at about 5 wins in my last 50 games! It's quite possibly the worst instance yet of my never ending pattern of doing well for a couple hundred games and then going into stat freefall. Every team just falls apart. Every team is behind 2-3 tanks before I can blink. I've maxed out my report limit for AFK/bot players for the past THREE DAYS SOLID.

I haven't been playing tilted (most of the time). I've spread sessions out over several days (weeks even!) and play other tanks in between Prog matches more often than not. I've played other tanks and even played some low tiers to loosen up and just have some clubbing fun. Nothing works. I have never seen a team-cursed tank quite so thoroughly. Even my previous low of my M53/55 wasn't getting teams this atrocious. And THEN at least you can play team commissar.

Just... [edited] I don't even know! It's not like replays will help (they usually don't get watched anyway). I don't even know what to ask for! Should I ask for someone to plat with me? Will that even do anything? Should I load full gold? Help!

Why can't I escape the freefall curse? Why does it have to happen again and again?

It also happened with my Strv 105B - went fro 56% Win Rate at about 150 games to a present 41% (!!!). But that's not a TX carry tanks and I seem to be getting ENDLESS Tundra/Ensk/Paris matches, and have also been playing poorly in it in general. Maybe I don't know why my play went to shit all of a sudden, but at least I know I deserve THAT drop. But the Prog... I'm doing so well in it. [edited]?!

FengQingQingZhuang #63 Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 10888 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Have you considered watching https://www.twitch.tv/starboy0509 ?

He plays a lot of tier 8 tanks similar to the Progetto 46 , I am not sure if he has it . The one thing about him is mainly him only firing Gold shells only when it is needed so he a good example to learn from I guess . One good player told me , if I want to win . I need to secure early damage rather than mid-late game , early impact will influence the battle to your favor .

Playing K-91 makes me happy XD

Angus775n #64 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

Sergeant

• 53495 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostFramFramson, on 11 July 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Not really the best game for me - a too-aggressive start (thought i'd try to spot for the 4005) meant I spent a long time frustrated, though I got some okay damage/kills in the endgame.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4440276#sand_river-framframson-strv_103b

Just a simple question. At about 12:10, after I fire, I know my camo net hasn't kicked in yet (jumped the gun by just a fraction of a second since the IS7 was backing off), but I have a full camo skill crew, with BiA and paint and everything else... HOW in the [edited] was I spotted? I am literally on the very edge of the IS7's spotting range and while the IS7 has good view range for a heavy, I though I'd be okay to fire a shot at LITERAL MAXIMUM SPOTTING RANGE in a tank with one of the highest camo ratings in the game. Nor did I see any other tank that might've done the spotting when I looked at the replay.

Was it another tank? What the hell happened here?

My IS-7 has view range of 426 mts. BIA,vents, recon. So you were well inside the view range if it is similarly equipped, and if it was running optics as well which is another 10% which would take it to max of 445.

Not sure what the camo stats are on your 103B? Maybe check on one of the comparison sites that tell you detection range for various tanks?

FramFramson #65 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAnninTofuXD, on 19 July 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

Have you considered watching https://www.twitch.tv/starboy0509 ?

He plays a lot of tier 8 tanks similar to the Progetto 46 , I am not sure if he has it . The one thing about him is mainly him only firing Gold shells only when it is needed so he a good example to learn from I guess . One good player told me , if I want to win . I need to secure early damage rather than mid-late game , early impact will influence the battle to your favor .

Yep all correct.

I only run 9 gold shells on the Prog and have only loaded and fired any three times in 400 games. The occasional bounce is not what's making the difference between winning and losing (it shouldn't if you play right anyway, because bounces will happen, gold or not).

Edited by FramFramson, 20 July 2018 - 01:23 AM.

FramFramson #66 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:34 AM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAngus775n, on 19 July 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

My IS-7 has view range of 426 mts. BIA,vents, recon. So you were well inside the view range if it is similarly equipped, and if it was running optics as well which is another 10% which would take it to max of 445.

Not sure what the camo stats are on your 103B? Maybe check on one of the comparison sites that tell you detection range for various tanks?

I ran the numbers on WOTINFO and the only way the IS7 could have spotted me after a shot at max view range is if his crew is running food, AND has BiA, 100% Recon, 100% Situational Awareness, AND has BOTH vents and optics (which means he's either not running gun rammer or Vstab, which seems absurd in the IS7), which would give it an effective view range of 508. I.E. he is running literally every possible method of increasing view range.

The only other possibility which comes close is if he was running optics over vents (which seems still unlikely, but is possible I suppose, since you'd still be able to run vstabs and ) in which case he would spot me at 439 m - but I'm not sure if I was at that distance? Looked to me like he was right on the edge of the VR line - but it's hard to read 6m on the minimap, obviously. 

I suppose it's also possible that he was running Improved Vents, or Vent purge. So there's that.

TL;DR. It's not *impossible* but it just seems so unlikely that I'm still wondering if there was another unspotted tank nearby.

Edited by FramFramson, 20 July 2018 - 01:35 AM.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #67 Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:07 AM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21130 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 19 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Alright. Help me the [edited] out here. Please.

Following the exact same trend every tank I've ever played has followed, my Progetto was at 55% win rate at about the 230-250 battle mark (around there), and is now at FOURTY-SIX PERCENT. In the most busted T8 there is (with the possible exception of the Defender, which I hilariously terrible in). I'm regularly doing 1.5-2k damage and hit 3k and even 4k occasionally. I'm claiming territory and keeping my gun firing. Yet every match is loss after loss. In fact I'm at about 5 wins in my last 50 games! It's quite possibly the worst instance yet of my never ending pattern of doing well for a couple hundred games and then going into stat freefall. Every team just falls apart. Every team is behind 2-3 tanks before I can blink. I've maxed out my report limit for AFK/bot players for the past THREE DAYS SOLID.

I haven't been playing tilted (most of the time). I've spread sessions out over several days (weeks even!) and play other tanks in between Prog matches more often than not. I've played other tanks and even played some low tiers to loosen up and just have some clubbing fun. Nothing works. I have never seen a team-cursed tank quite so thoroughly. Even my previous low of my M53/55 wasn't getting teams this atrocious. And THEN at least you can play team commissar.

Just... [edited] I don't even know! It's not like replays will help (they usually don't get watched anyway). I don't even know what to ask for! Should I ask for someone to plat with me? Will that even do anything? Should I load full gold? Help!

Why can't I escape the freefall curse? Why does it have to happen again and again?

It also happened with my Strv 105B - went fro 56% Win Rate at about 150 games to a present 41% (!!!). But that's not a TX carry tanks and I seem to be getting ENDLESS Tundra/Ensk/Paris matches, and have also been playing poorly in it in general. Maybe I don't know why my play went to shit all of a sudden, but at least I know I deserve THAT drop. But the Prog... I'm doing so well in it. [edited]?!

Luck, thats probably the best thing I could say about that :P.

We are pretty much at the same skill lvl, so I think i can say few thing. Unicum playstyle are fancy for sure, but its very hard to do. So maybe you can try 50% skrub harassing playstyle instead.

My only t8 prem im running now is edel. Its better then 252 for 3/5/7 MM for me. Dunno how far above spaggeto grade compared to edel, but I still can win at ok lvl with edel solo. Currently at 54%, quite upgrade from early 200 game at around 43%ish. I play it as heavy anti-scout most of the time, focus on tracking shot or harassing enemy LT view lane. Pretty much a mosquito playstyle? You know, try to deny red team early spot by going to challenge their scout, but back down last min just so he wont spot much. Instead of going for need the damage style, maybe change it to reduce your team early hp lost. So go to that common spot area, make sure enemy scout see you coming, bluff like theres td covering you back, it works against most average and below player, but wont against good player who can figure how fast those td is.

If you end up have to trade hp, try to do it with enemy fastest top tier you can find. I always have to trade hp, yeah [edited] that. I not good enough to save my hp while doing damage, I can accept that. So the best trade for win is by doing it against enemy fast top tier, ram it if you can, that increase dmg dealt by at least 500 :playing:.  You be ded for sure, but it will works wonders late game for your team.

Win both game in edel tonite, but mostly due to nice team arty who hits real hard.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

FramFramson #68 Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Yeah, I like the Edel. Heavy anti-scout is a good description of the way I play it. Use it in a scout role but it can beat other scouts. Plus it makes a great ramkiller, hehehe... Isara's currently training up controlled impact...

Main drawbacks are how high it is and the humongous tracks.

Edel was yet ANOTHER tank which I had an initial winning record on, only to have it drop after a couple hundred games. Though it only dropped to 50% in this case and was only around 53% after a couple hundred games, so not AS bad as it sometimes goes for me.

I just don't understand. Why can't I have a tank which starts out with a winning record and which I get BETTER in for a change? Why do I only ever get worse at tanks I own?

Edited by FramFramson, 20 July 2018 - 05:29 AM.

Angus775n #69 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• 53495 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostFramFramson, on 20 July 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

I ran the numbers on WOTINFO and the only way the IS7 could have spotted me after a shot at max view range is if his crew is running food, AND has BiA, 100% Recon, 100% Situational Awareness, AND has BOTH vents and optics (which means he's either not running gun rammer or Vstab, which seems absurd in the IS7), which would give it an effective view range of 508. I.E. he is running literally every possible method of increasing view range.

The only other possibility which comes close is if he was running optics over vents (which seems still unlikely, but is possible I suppose, since you'd still be able to run vstabs and ) in which case he would spot me at 439 m - but I'm not sure if I was at that distance? Looked to me like he was right on the edge of the VR line - but it's hard to read 6m on the minimap, obviously. 

I suppose it's also possible that he was running Improved Vents, or Vent purge. So there's that.

TL;DR. It's not *impossible* but it just seems so unlikely that I'm still wondering if there was another unspotted tank nearby.

I reckon the IS-7 was inside 400mts on the replay? In any case, nothing else was even anywhere near that close, so had to be the IS-7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users