Constant FPS drop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mem84 #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Corporal

• 12866 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

I have had a logged ticket for the last week or so in regards to massive FPS drop. 150 down to sub 30fps.

I have tried setting hte lowest of low settings and it still just drops significantly to the point that I have moved my mouse, but the cursor is still way off left of field.

Moving the tank feels like I am back on dial up, jittery and jumping all over the place.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

WG are constantly just blaming my machine &or my settings.

But here is the kicker, I log off and go play Dying Light which is a much more resource hoggier game and its completely fine! 120fps no worries on high resolution.

Tanitha #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMem84, on 13 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

I have had a logged ticket for the last week or so in regards to massive FPS drop. 150 down to sub 30fps.

I have tried setting hte lowest of low settings and it still just drops significantly to the point that I have moved my mouse, but the cursor is still way off left of field.

Moving the tank feels like I am back on dial up, jittery and jumping all over the place.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

WG are constantly just blaming my machine &or my settings.

But here is the kicker, I log off and go play Dying Light which is a much more resource hoggier game and its completely fine! 120fps no worries on high resolution.

One of the possible issues, is.... with the new graphics, and settings on high, ETC.. the graphics is large.. And thus there is a lot of loading in of graphics..

So if the WOT is stored on a slow storage device, then there can be issues with the storage device being able to load in the graphics quick enough, and keep up.

Where do you have the game installed, and whats the speed of that storage device.
And do you have a SSD device to store the game on.

Have a look through those topics ^^ and see how you go..

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

The_Salty_Brit_ #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

One simply does not..

• 14858 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

I posted a thread about the same thing yesterday, mine dropped to 40-50 fps, so I changed to the recommended settings and unchecked the extra graphics, no change, next day, back up to 114fps..  

My game is on an SD drive so it wasn't that..   

Hope you can sort your game out soon .. 

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

NeoOne #4 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 21457 battles
  • [-DSD-] -DSD-
same thing happens to me a few days ago, frames dropping to low 9fps, lowered graphic setting, same low fps, uninstalled, reinstalled, game is ok, frames drop again, didnt play for a day, suddenly frames is normal again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users