Constant FPS drop

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Mem84 #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Corporal

• 13160 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

I have had a logged ticket for the last week or so in regards to massive FPS drop. 150 down to sub 30fps.

I have tried setting hte lowest of low settings and it still just drops significantly to the point that I have moved my mouse, but the cursor is still way off left of field.

Moving the tank feels like I am back on dial up, jittery and jumping all over the place.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

WG are constantly just blaming my machine &or my settings.

But here is the kicker, I log off and go play Dying Light which is a much more resource hoggier game and its completely fine! 120fps no worries on high resolution.

Tanitha #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMem84, on 13 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

I have had a logged ticket for the last week or so in regards to massive FPS drop. 150 down to sub 30fps.

I have tried setting hte lowest of low settings and it still just drops significantly to the point that I have moved my mouse, but the cursor is still way off left of field.

Moving the tank feels like I am back on dial up, jittery and jumping all over the place.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

WG are constantly just blaming my machine &or my settings.

But here is the kicker, I log off and go play Dying Light which is a much more resource hoggier game and its completely fine! 120fps no worries on high resolution.

One of the possible issues, is.... with the new graphics, and settings on high, ETC.. the graphics is large.. And thus there is a lot of loading in of graphics..

So if the WOT is stored on a slow storage device, then there can be issues with the storage device being able to load in the graphics quick enough, and keep up.

Where do you have the game installed, and whats the speed of that storage device.
And do you have a SSD device to store the game on.

Have a look through those topics ^^ and see how you go..

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

The_Salty_Brit_ #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

I posted a thread about the same thing yesterday, mine dropped to 40-50 fps, so I changed to the recommended settings and unchecked the extra graphics, no change, next day, back up to 114fps..  

My game is on an SD drive so it wasn't that..   

Hope you can sort your game out soon .. 

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

NeoOne #4 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 21726 battles
  • [-DSD-] -DSD-
same thing happens to me a few days ago, frames dropping to low 9fps, lowered graphic setting, same low fps, uninstalled, reinstalled, game is ok, frames drop again, didnt play for a day, suddenly frames is normal again.

Barrage_ #5 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Private

• 13128 battles

I've been running the game on max settings for several months now and its been working great up until the large updates came out for and roughly at the same time for frontline/windows and now the game runs at ~9FPS for most of the time, there has been the occasional evening where FPS is back up to 100+. 

Wargaming please take note: this is not a computer settings issue. My other games- some more GPU intensive than wot- all run perfectly! Please stop dismissing this issue and telling players its their game settings. If your clueless or just trying to lie to reduce potential player loss, at least tell players that you are aware of the issue and it is something you are in the process of fixing. Then we can all stop wasting our time trying to fix our own systems that are running perfectly well and be patient while you rectify the issue. 

trouble shooting I've done includes: during each FPS test the game has been run using minimal settings and max (recommended) settings, reinstall game, reinstall mods, play without mods, play at times throughout the day/night on both asia and oz servers, my computer is hardwired to fiber optic internet- reset modem, tested playing other games AND wot at the same time (other games still run ideally, wot doesn't), updated all my drivers, all my games are on an independent HD with over 200GB of free space. If your going to put the blame on it not being run from a SSD please explain why it's an intermittent issue and if that really is your solution please update the required computer settings you advertise to include that wot must be played of a SSD.   

Edited by Barrage_, 29 May 2018 - 06:12 AM.

Rogue01au #6 Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Private

• 4345 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

8700k, 1080Ti, ROG 144hz monitor, 32gb RAM, 500gb Samsung SSD about half full.

4x different nvidia driver versions. Full clean re-install of drivers, and WoT.

Still down to 32-34 FPS.

Have tried various levels of refresh rate, vsync, etc settings. Recommended sets everything to Ultra. Up until this latest patch I was getting 120fps on Ultra.

What is going on?

Edited by Rogue01au, 18 June 2018 - 05:38 PM.

LeGrognard #7 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 11137 battles
At least you can get the game to start...unlike a lot of us.

funkle17 #8 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17349 battles
Same issue for me.  I'd sure love to know a fix!
Have a high end machine that has zero issues with other games.
When it WoT works I can push 150+ fps but then Ill get a night and it's stuck at 25fps.  Not enjoyable so I switch to a different game.
Didn't have this problem at all until last few weeks.
Nvidia optimises the game to max settings but even if i set everything to lowest settings the 25fps does not change.

Running a 6700K, 1080 GPU, ASUS 165htz G Sync monitor, 16GB RAM with WoT installed on an M.2.
Optus 4G internet also.

Aussie_Deano #9 Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• 26367 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Ditto FPS down to approx 20, started recently and the game is run on a SSD.   Prior to this FPS drop, I had the game running on max without any issues, now I've tied running it on minimum settings and there is no improvement.   Stopped playing altogether (apart from a single game ever few days to see if its recovered).  Was hoping that the new patch would have fixed it.

Ok just tried the new patch (with aslains) & the asia server seems fine. now for the Aus

Edited by Aussie_Deano, 20 June 2018 - 05:45 PM.

pfzzzer #10 Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 22394 battles
  • [NZ4AD] NZ4AD
I am experiencing same issues, Two machines doing same thing, I can not upgrade my computer as already running high end, 1080 card etc.... only happened since last big update, I have even let my premium account slip until game is playable again. No mods being used, reinstalled and same.

Edited by pfzzzer, 28 June 2018 - 04:32 AM.

Mem84 #11 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• 13160 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

Love their dipshit tech support.

Every case I raised was "Your machine is shit, fix your machine"

I essentially stopped playing the game for a few months and come back and do an update of THEIR software and all of a sudden the game works fine.

Guess my shit machine, just couldnt run your shit code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users