Jump to content


so how to do well in soft medium


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

adamloh #1 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 10444 battles
  • 70
  • [1-GAB] 1-GAB
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012
as the title suggest i need some guide or tips on some soft medium esp the STA 2 got it quite long but i still suck on it.(do less than 800 dmg per game).the mutzs for me is still ok though i play it like a t20 with 90mm so still ok with it.so guys any tips to play the STA 2 well?i do refer sliphantom video unfortunately the 275 pent gold round is not good as it used to be already because of the MM and unpentable HT

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #2 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

    Destroyer of WoT

  • Member
  • 20034 battles
  • 2,561
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
STA2 gun are as derpy as edelweiss and 252 without any sort of armor or alpha to make up for it. The skill floor to perform well in it are pretty high. Worst T8 prem ive ever bought.

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:25 PM

    Is the order a blue mountain?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65881 battles
  • 7,088
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

 

Hardhead mediums (Mutz is relatively hard) are doing well in the current goldspam meta and 357 MM because their heads still can't be penned. (Exceptions are when a 268-4 used a gold round through my Type 59 turret.)

 

How to do well in soft medium in this MM? Just give up.

 

 

Even if you manage to do as much damage as in the past, enemy has way more HP now so your team still loses.

 

And if you're top tier in the 357, you are penned by all the lower tiers. Yet if you don't push, your team loses. Yet if you push, you get killed.


You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated


Nooblessness #4 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 1012 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018
You have the speed to zip around. Don't play peek-a-boo if you're one-on-one, because you will get penned. You have 10 degrees of gun depression, which is good for poking around ridge lines. DON'T go on the first line attack.

don_WarDaddy_AVI #5 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

    No Party, Without Arty!

  • Member
  • 13938 battles
  • 124
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View Postadamloh, on 21 April 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

as the title suggest i need some guide or tips on some soft medium esp the STA 2 got it quite long but i still suck on it.(do less than 800 dmg per game).the mutzs for me is still ok though i play it like a t20 with 90mm so still ok with it.so guys any tips to play the STA 2 well?i do refer sliphantom video unfortunately the 275 pent gold round is not good as it used to be already because of the MM and unpentable HT

 

For soft mediums like STA-2 or fv4202 or Guard or Lorr40t etc, try to avoid front line combat. Use equipments like Vents, Coated Optics, stabliser/rammer, for better camo values and view range... Try to snipe in the start and push along with team later.  Platton up with friends who has hybrid HTs like Patriot which can absorb some shots and can give you little bit extra protection to maximize the effectiveness. Thats all!
:bush:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

adamloh #6 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 10444 battles
  • 70
  • [1-GAB] 1-GAB
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View Postdon_WarDaddy_AVI, on 22 April 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

 

For soft mediums like STA-2 or fv4202 or Guard or Lorr40t etc, try to avoid front line combat. Use equipments like Vents, Coated Optics, stabliser/rammer, for better camo values and view range... Try to snipe in the start and push along with team later.  Platton up with friends who has hybrid HTs like Patriot which can absorb some shots and can give you little bit extra protection to maximize the effectiveness. Thats all!
:bush:

 

the problem is i cant avoid most frontline combat becuz if i try to snipe i end up being useless,but if i try to brawl with other HT i cant pent them.and for most map u just cant go other side or flank becuz there will always be camper.thus i die very fast in situation like this.

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • 12,990
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Postadamloh, on 22 April 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

 

the problem is i cant avoid most frontline combat becuz if i try to snipe i end up being useless,but if i try to brawl with other HT i cant pent them.and for most map u just cant go other side or flank becuz there will always be camper.thus i die very fast in situation like this.

 

Medium range, look for opportunistic shots if you can. 

 

 

Put up some replays if you want some more detailed advice on positioning and what you should do, its much more easier for me personally to help and its probably a lot more beneficial than blanket statements.

 

 

But the blanket statements i can give is basically:

Medium range combat if you can, get early positions to farm enemies as you would if you were top tier as long as its a position where you can easily pull back as soon as you are lit and take no damage (do this in every game anyways, some tanks can get away with staying but paper mediums cannot). 

 

Stick around your heavies in the front line.

 

Look for opportunities to move up into a flanking position while taking little to no damage.

 

Take advantage of enemy reloads to poke out and shoot them in the side if you can.

 

Make sure to look for a different angle of attack to make it easier for you to pen and to make it difficult for the enemy to do anything without taking damage. 

 

Remember the tank has good gun depression, so ridgelines are very powerful and are positions you should be trying to take whenever you can. Remember this when you are doing all of the above since its easier to hide your tank and to poke up and shoot behind a ridgeline. 

 

 

 

Pretty much be as annoying as you can be and do not be afraid to take a 400 alpha shot if you can get into a really good position to farm multiple shots while be sorta safe and you can sacrifice some HP to drag your team into the enemy by making them aim at you as you go past for your team to push into them.

 

 


http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


kickim #8 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41556 battles
  • 659
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013

I would suggest try to take out the enemy LTs first, or any aggressive yolo tanks.

Once you kill a couple and your team have the numerical advantage, the team magically gets more courageous and more aggressive, the momentum builds and if no one screws up badly, the rest should be ok.



skintsaint #9 Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles
  • 963
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
Watch some replays of good players in similar tanks, look to see where they take initial positions and how they move around during the round. Can learn a lot from that. Also remember if your team is folding quicker than the English cricket team, retreat back and try and farm up some damage before the inevitable.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users