• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

DerRegenbogen #21 Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32694 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 April 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Which are the WG recommended mod website?

https://wgmods.net/
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K)

The_average_tanker #22 Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10268 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 25 April 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

https://wgmods.net/

Ya.

I checked this website after 1.0 released and aslains was not up. i think they take some time to update it on the website after each patch. I just download directly from aslains website.

DerRegenbogen #23 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32694 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 April 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Ya.

I checked this website after 1.0 released and aslains was not up. i think they take some time to update it on the website after each patch. I just download directly from aslains website.

needs to be verified 
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K)

Gen_Richo #24 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Forum Moderator
  • 23178 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

Please be aware that if you chose to share your account with someone who was using banned/illegal mods.. and this player was playing your account.. it is likely you received the resulting penalty (as the owner of the account).

For this reason and for security of your account - account sharing is not recommended.

EDIT: In theory, they should also have received a penalty on their own account (if they were the ones who used the mods - whilst playing their own account).

Edited by RlCHO, 25 April 2018 - 04:12 PM.

Ezz #25 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63874 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRlCHO, on 25 April 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Please be aware that if you chose to share your account with someone who was using banned/illegal mods.. and this player was playing your account.. it is likely you received the resulting penalty (as the owner of the account).

For this reason and for security of your account - account sharing is not recommended.

That's like a cherry on top.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

s70blackhawk #26 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 21731 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 25 April 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Or you could just download from the recommended WG mod website, which should be more advertised. People like health rings on minimap, HP of teams, MOE mods, wn8 in garage and in game, being super lazy with crews, etc.

All, please be aware.. although Rainbow posted the correct link.. it comes with the caveat of:

*Note : Some mod packs such as Aslain's XVM Mod, while mostly legal, may still contain some features which may be prohibited on this server. So please check the list below to make sure that what you are installing and what options you are installing is permitted.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

The_average_tanker #27 Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10268 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View Posts70blackhawk, on 25 April 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

All, please be aware.. although Rainbow posted the correct link.. it comes with the caveat of:

*Note : Some mod packs such as Aslain's XVM Mod, while mostly legal, may still contain some features which may be prohibited on this server. So please check the list below to make sure that what you are installing and what options you are installing is permitted.

Can you also share the list? just to see what mods may be not be legal. but i think right now all servers have the same policy when it comes to mods that are not allowed. It has been like this since the fair play policy came in to effect.

conquisador21 #28 Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Noob on World of Forums

• 15833 battles
Just to be safe... Use the mods from WGMODS which is "approved" by them (hopefully).

LEEK

s70blackhawk #29 Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• 21731 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 April 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Can you also share the list? just to see what mods may be not be legal. but i think right now all servers have the same policy when it comes to mods that are not allowed. It has been like this since the fair play policy came in to effect.

This is the thread I copied that note from.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/56400-prohibited-mods-list-asia-server/

However, the thing that annoys me is WG has to stop doing these threads apart from perhaps only a FAQ. Update the Fairplay Policy Webpage only. There is too many multiple threads on this topic and it's confusing.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/announcements/fair-play-policy/

View Postconquisador21, on 25 April 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

Just to be safe... Use the mods from WGMODS which is "approved" by them (hopefully).

I still don't trust this fully. There are still illegal aspects, or grey areas as I've stated before, that can bite someone in the rear if they aren't careful. For example I would say things like Safe Shot, white tanks/white tracks, HP pools/last known HP and the extra zoom functions shouldn't be included. But hey, that's just my opinion. And one day they can be legal, and then the policy changes and bam, ban hammer. That's why I stay away from Mods in game.

I seem to remember Quicky Baby got a few people in trouble for having the "Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables."

But you'll notice his modpack is not on that portal.

In the end, WG are trying to do their best by having this mod portal, and the fact that the file is on the mod portal means you are technically safe I guess. So well done WG for that.

I would just like them to have the detection system working for illegal mods better. Surely this is a quick check of the integrity of the user's game client before the game loads?

Presuming WG are working on that, hopefully that will stamp out the unfair play.

Edited by s70blackhawk, 26 April 2018 - 08:41 AM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users