Sneak peek! Missions and specials starting 4 May 2018 @ 14:00 UTC+8

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Elphaba #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

Greetings, commanders!

Welcome to 1.0.1! :honoring: Here’s what’s coming up, starting this weekend!

• x3 EXP for the first victory
  • A mission for x2 EXP (kicks in after the x3 EXP has been claimed)
  • Discount on consumables.
  • Discount on regular equipment.
  • Discount on garage slots.
  • Special missions for Military Month!

Full details when the official article goes live tomorrow!

SaltyBob_ #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
OK what about the Chrysler K is going to be on sale here as it is on NA ?     :popcorn:

The_average_tanker #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

Ok, I do not know if this is the right place to post this, but i did not want to create a separate thread for this.

Yes we are getting the patch with the other servers (yay). And the patch brings with it the Italian tree, also Yay!

Now the other servers are getting a special missions to usher in the new line.

NA: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/progetto-m35-mod-46-bundle-extension-0518/, this mission is limited to the tech tree tanks from the italian nation.

EU: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/month-long-prizes-week1-may2018/. This mission is not limited to the italian nation tanks.

So i went over to the asia server site and checked the news. And there was an article and i was hyped! this meant we may be getting the special too.

Asia: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/ps-italians-coming-may2018/

Yay? Well not exactly. i was hyped for a second until i read the fine print: Note: These missions will only be available to you if you purchase Mamma's Bundle!

So what about us guys who do not purchase this bundle? Most of the guys i assume may have purchased the progetto with the discount from the marathon. If EU and NA can have a mission for everyone why does Asia have to lock it behind a paywall? I mean getting 1.5 times the xp and 2 times the crew xp is a big bonus for anyone moving up that line. Can we expect any mission for the guys who purchased the progetto earlier. Or are we going to be the only server having a month long special behind a paywall?

Elphaba #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 03 May 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Ok, I do not know if this is the right place to post this, but i did not want to create a separate thread for this.

Yes we are getting the patch with the other servers (yay). And the patch brings with it the Italian tree, also Yay!

Now the other servers are getting a special missions to usher in the new line.

NA: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/progetto-m35-mod-46-bundle-extension-0518/, this mission is limited to the tech tree tanks from the italian nation.

EU: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/month-long-prizes-week1-may2018/. This mission is not limited to the italian nation tanks.

So i went over to the asia server site and checked the news. And there was an article and i was hyped! this meant we may be getting the special too.

Asia: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/ps-italians-coming-may2018/

Yay? Well not exactly. i was hyped for a second until i read the fine print: Note: These missions will only be available to you if you purchase Mamma's Bundle!

So what about us guys who do not purchase this bundle? Most of the guys i assume may have purchased the progetto with the discount from the marathon. If EU and NA can have a mission for everyone why does Asia have to lock it behind a paywall? I mean getting 1.5 times the xp and 2 times the crew xp is a big bonus for anyone moving up that line. Can we expect any mission for the guys who purchased the progetto earlier. Or are we going to be the only server having a month long special behind a paywall?

This is a sneak peek, so not all details of specials and missions are fully released. Do remember that portal articles for weekend specials (in-game and premium shop) go up on Fridays.

The_average_tanker #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostElphaba, on 03 May 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is a sneak peek, so not all details of specials and missions are fully released. Do remember that portal articles for weekend specials (in-game and premium shop) go up on Fridays.

I really hope the missions are good. Because the mission in this bundle is too good. to put it into perspective iirc the top of the tree/ on track will give a 1.5 xp bonus only up to tier 7. and the bonus will not be available on the tier 8-10 or the premium tanks. here in the bundle you can get 1.5 times the xp on the premium as well as all italian tanks tier 1-10 tanks. This is the first time i am seeing a huge bonus like this on a bundle in the shop where the maximum is generally 15 x5 missions for victories.

This is basically a on track+ without the crew xp for the higher tiers (only 10 times) and the tech tree tank discounts! Basically has me wishing i had not bought the tank on discount and could have had bought this package and power grind the italian tech tree!

User_1001512720 #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Private

• 29427 battles
Pay to have Italy missions, LOL

_WorldConqueror_ #7 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:27 AM

More Rage Than Skill

• 31702 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Aren't these essentially the same as we've had all week?

Profanisaurus #8 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Well much of what we have this week is through to the Monday change if you check the mission ends.

southerner #9 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

More x 3 days to help our daily grinds

:honoring:

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

stewiejp #10 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 39825 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Star Wars Specials today? 

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

Clerin #11 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• 22367 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View Poststewiejp, on 04 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Star Wars Specials today? 

Deathstar in prem shop :trollface:

PMC_Ltd #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• 4511 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostElphaba, on 03 May 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

So now it's Friday, and what's the new special to do with Italian tanks? He was talking about those missions in that Mama's bundle or something.

The_average_tanker #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostPMC_Ltd, on 04 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

So now it's Friday, and what's the new special to do with Italian tanks? He was talking about those missions in that Mama's bundle or something.

Well the military month specials are here and they are the same as on EU. No missions for the italian tanks though. they are stuck behind a paywall as far as i am concerned.

I never minded the x5 xp for victory boosters as they inflated the price of the bundle and did not have a very great value (other than getting a good crew). But here we have a mission which applies to tech tree tanks when you buy a premium bundle. Something which no one else gets unless they spend a ridiculous amount of money. x1.5 xp for all italian tanks (premium and tech tree) has huge potential for anyone grinding the line.

I am personally disappointed by the mission only for those who pay, but i guess i am the minority.

As far as i am concerned this sets a dangerous precedence. Pick up a premium tank with a pseudo top of the tree for the related tech tree for money, while no one else has that benefit. lets see how this pans out.

Edited by The_average_tanker, 04 May 2018 - 02:33 PM.

PMC_Ltd #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• 4511 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 04 May 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

Well the military month specials are here and they are the same as on EU. No missions for the italian tanks though. they are stuck behind a paywall as far as i am concerned.

I never minded the x5 xp for victory boosters as they inflated the price of the bundle and did not have a very great value (other than getting a good crew). But here we have a mission which applies to tech tree tanks when you buy a premium bundle. Something which no one else gets unless they spend a ridiculous amount of money. x1.5 xp for all italian tanks (premium and tech tree) has huge potential for anyone grinding the line.

I am personally disappointed by the mission only for those who pay, but i guess i am the minority.

As far as i am concerned this sets a dangerous precedence. Pick up a premium tank with a pseudo top of the tree for the related tech tree for money, while no one else has that benefit. lets see how this pans out.

I'm not going to grind those Italian tanks so personally I don't really care, just feel bad for those who rushed to pick up the tank on day 1 of the marathon without any discount. And I agree this is a rather dangerous and ridiculous way to sell a bundle, WG's greediness is beyond my imagination...

The_average_tanker #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostPMC_Ltd, on 04 May 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

I'm not going to grind those Italian tanks so personally I don't really care, just feel bad for those who rushed to pick up the tank on day 1 of the marathon without any discount. And I agree this is a rather dangerous and ridiculous way to sell a bundle, WG's greediness is beyond my imagination...

NA server did it quite better imo. they put up a bundle on sale but they have a mission which is active for everyone (but the boost are less,  30% extra xp, only for tech tree tanks). https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/progetto-m35-mod-46-bundle-extension-0518/

Something like this is ok as everyone is getting the benefit of the mission which directly helps with grinding a line. Ours is not even close. I understand that asia is a small server and they have to monetize more, i also get that many of the guys just bought the progetto during the marathon and hence selling it again so soon will be difficult and may not get many customers, hence maybe missed targets. But the carrot you dangle to attract people should be thought out properly.

Edited by The_average_tanker, 04 May 2018 - 03:13 PM.

kookookichoo #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

the ginchiest

• 17696 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
...and no italian girl missions :( ...even less reason to grind out the italian tree

LightOfDawn #17 Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Corporal

• 17404 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
and the line isnt that good anyway

Edited by LightOfDawn, 04 May 2018 - 06:31 PM.

FramFramson #18 Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:55 AM

Major

• 35224 battles

This is plain ridiculous. Nearly everyone who got a marathon Prog - whether they purchased it or ground it out - will now be wondering why they bothered (with a few exceptions like me, who don't give a damn about any of those missions - as lucrative as they are - because spending minimum cash on this mess was what I valued most).

I'm probably just going to go back to working on personal missions, so I can pick up more female crew, enough so that I won't worry about throwing a couple at a line which might not be any good.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #19 Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• 5429 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

I'm not even remotely concerned about the bonuses applying only after buying the bundle. I got the 46 at a steal, and I know we'll also get the non paid for tree discounts ar a later date anyway. If people want to pay for them, well thats there choice.

Besides I'm getting the x2 just about every game anyway, which is way better if you're not just pushing the Italians.

Don't we also have the IS7 and cent line already in play at the moment. It kinda defeats the purpose of them with 3 in play.

Ensign

Forever fighting the endless war against those blasted reds!

British Line (Conqueror), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Indien Panzer), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34

kookookichoo #20 Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

the ginchiest

• 17696 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View PostFramFramson, on 05 May 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

This is plain ridiculous. Nearly everyone who got a marathon Prog - whether they purchased it or ground it out - will now be wondering why they bothered (with a few exceptions like me, who don't give a damn about any of those missions - as lucrative as they are - because spending minimum cash on this mess was what I valued most).

I'm probably just going to go back to working on personal missions, so I can pick up more female crew, enough so that I won't worry about throwing a couple at a line which might not be any good.

no regrets with the marathon prosciutto...it’s a great tank that’s very fun to play...anyway, who wants to pay for missions?

im also farming personal missions to get another girl, but I’ll probably get 6th sense before that happens cos i’m doing ok in it with x3s etc

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users