Tank Fortnite

Huge map

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

peternt2001 #1 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
Hi, i just thought i would pop up an idea here. 

I thought if WOT made a massive map and had a Fortnite style game as an option. Massive map with 50 or 100 tanks all identical and the game is over when there is only 1 player left alive. No teams, every tank for itself ? 

Just thought it would be an interesting game as a change. Maybe if they dont want to make a new huge map, stitch 6 or so of the maps they already have together  ?

wasaabi #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 21256 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Moved to the appropriate forum.

~Wasaabi

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Napalmer #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 42922 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

You mean a Battle Royale style mode?

This was briefly tested on the Sandbox server, before WG called it an April Fools joke.

Unlikely to be implemented, sadly.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

CelestiaLudenberg #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 18214 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Don't be another battle royale normie.

I honestly can't wait for the genre to die out.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

stewiejp #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 41215 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Though the Battle Royale Map has made a comeback..... 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

Wolvenworks #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

hate to break it with you kid, but Battle Royale is overrated. also, something trending doesn't always translate to "oh this will work in my game". in the sense, the mode will be interesting for maybe a month, and then completely ignored for the rest of its lifetime until it's removed. that's generally what happens to Team Battles and TC (Tank Company); aside from the issue of getting a bunch of people to gang up, most people didn't really liked it.

a major problem with BR/Arena mode in WoT is that the economy is incapable of making it profitable enough to outweigh the fun factor. Take Domination as an example: is it fun? perhaps. does it make money? with stuff like tier 8-10 limitation, and the way WG handles hightier income, you would lose at least 10k creds per battle as standard back then. with regard to the critical loss of creds per battle, would a normal player, who's more money conscious than those ultra-competitive prem-shellled fools, have fun? i say nay, because i'm losing creds that i could spend on other things, like a new tank (anything above tier 5 is never cheap) or equipment (GLD and LV3 vents+rammer are 500k each, in total with 1.5m creds you can buy a tier 7 tank).

to summarize, before WG does anything stupid like adding a new game mode with a very likely limited income gain and of questionable sustainable popularity to maintain a constant player population, i would advise them to thoroughly revise (read:increase) hightier credit income before they try something crazy like adding a BR mode into the game (with due exception to event modes, which WG always limits the monetary impact they incur)

Edited by Wolvenworks, 08 May 2018 - 09:25 AM.

U12D13 #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 35265 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostDefendingTheFatherland, on 07 May 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Don't be another battle royale normie.

I honestly can't wait for the genre to die out.

Why be normie? 50 arty rumble lets go.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

peternt2001 #8 Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
I just thought it would be an interesting change. I like the different surprise games they have from time to time. It just adds a little bit of variety, i loved Tank Soccer and Tank Racing, i would love to see like a Tank Bi-athalon where tanks traverse an obstacle course as fast as they can with some target shooting in between levels. 

It is nice to change things up. 

Wolvenworks #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Postpeternt2001, on 12 May 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

I just thought it would be an interesting change. I like the different surprise games they have from time to time. It just adds a little bit of variety, i loved Tank Soccer and Tank Racing, i would love to see like a Tank Bi-athalon where tanks traverse an obstacle course as fast as they can with some target shooting in between levels. 

It is nice to change things up. 

technically tank racing WAS a tank biathlon. congrats, you played yourself.

also, while something diffrent might be good for Wot, i still insist that BR more is but mere chicken ribs: good for a couple laughs, not good enough to keep it around profitably. Devs don't work for free after all; whatever content they make for the game better guarantee profits in the future. in a way, all good game devs are good merchants, for businesses don't normally run on a loss...

peternt2001 #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
If you understood what a biathlon was in the real world you would understand that tank racing wasnt that. 

In the real world a biathlon is cross country skiing combined with marksmanship rifle shooting. 

My idea of a biathlon for WOT would be the tanks racing across an obstacle course and then have to stop, take 5 shots for accuracy and then back to the obstacle course and then another 5 shots at targets for accuracy. And do this 3 or 4 times in a game, then the time and the accuracy points are added up for a score.

Going by your logic, if it dont make a profit dont do it. Ok , so lets start by making WOT a pay to play game, you dont pay money you dont get to play at all. Any members now who havent spent a cent on the game, boot them now. Developers dont work for free, so get the freeloaders out now. 

pokeranger24 #11 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 9630 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View Postpeternt2001, on 14 May 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

In the real world a biathlon is cross country skiing combined with marksmanship rifle shooting. 

My idea of a biathlon for WOT would be the tanks racing across an obstacle course and then have to stop, take 5 shots for accuracy and then back to the obstacle course and then another 5 shots at targets for accuracy. And do this 3 or 4 times in a game, then the time and the accuracy points are added up for a score.

This reminds me of the tutorial when I joined the game

Your idea would work if Wot was a simulator game but this is more of an arcade one and the ever present RNG would make accuracy more of an luck game combined with the various gun handling and mobility characteristics of various vehicles few tank would dominate this mode 

This idea is similar to Canadian Army Trophy and Tank Biathlon World Championship but again this would work in the real world not in a game and even if this works players would play this at most 2 to 5 before getting bored

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

peternt2001 #12 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
It wouldnt have to be a permanent thing, just one of their novelty games they have throughout the year . And as for tank choice, it would be a set tank. Everyone gets the same tank to do it in. I see i already have 2 new tanks in my garage that i cant use yet. Looks like it is getting ready for another of their novelty games. 

Wolvenworks #13 Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Postpeternt2001, on 15 May 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

It wouldnt have to be a permanent thing, just one of their novelty games they have throughout the year . And as for tank choice, it would be a set tank. Everyone gets the same tank to do it in. I see i already have 2 new tanks in my garage that i cant use yet. Looks like it is getting ready for another of their novelty games. 

​you have to understand that even fun modes count as extra  work for the devs. so unless there's a few hundred thousand peternt2001s who think that a legit tank biathlon is fun to play for a week, and able to compete with other currently standard game modes (like Ye Olde Random pubs), i can see it not happening. the Chaffee Race back then was the closest thing i think WG can do to a proper biathlon without making it super dreary.

i want you to realize that fun modes are used to increase active player count in order to increase the chance of someone paying, but equally important it must be fun. should a fun mode fail to do either, it could be a potential loss for the company. as devs and servers aren't cheap to pay/maintain, the effect of a success of whatever the devs make is now ever more apparent than 5 years ago (where the scale of WG is big but isn't as big as today). i believe that this new suggestion subforum, which allows discussion (as opposed to back then where replies aren't allowed) will put your suggestions through the gauntlet that is peer review, and us other players (including veterans like me) are part of the "peer" that debates your argument. and to be honest right now none of your suggestions would work in my opinion.

if anyone can just copy-paste game modes and THINK it will work, we call that the mobile games market. and from what i've seen so far on that, it's a cut-throat world out there. i seriously urge you to think whether your proposal would make the game any better/more interesting for everyone before you consider wasting MY time on having to type this lecture for you. after all, WoT SEA isn't just there for your one and only exclusive interest...

peternt2001 #14 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
OK i will contact WOT's and tell them that they can not do their novelty games seasonally anymore because you say so and it costs too much money. 

EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do understand you are arguing against something that they already do ?  What have there been already 4 novelty games ?  Soccer, racing, block tanks, and the other one where you had the 3 tanks in your garage to compete in the novelty game. 

CelestiaLudenberg #15 Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 18214 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
It is very clear that you are new to both the forums and how WG operates/pays attention to said forums.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Wolvenworks #16 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 17 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

It is very clear that you are new to both the forums and how WG operates/pays attention to said forums.

dude's from 2013 but only has 11 posts and has no profile pic. must be your ordinary weekend warrior. anyway, he's clearly not used to how the forum works here, or how stupid he sounds now.

View Postpeternt2001, on 16 May 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

OK i will contact WOT's and tell them that they can not do their novelty games seasonally anymore because you say so and it costs too much money. 

EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do understand you are arguing against something that they already do ?  What have there been already 4 novelty games ?  Soccer, racing, block tanks, and the other one where you had the 3 tanks in your garage to compete in the novelty game. 

i'm not saying they shouldn't do it. i'm saying that they will do it if they think it's worth the trouble and people will like it. what i'm saying is your idea is dumb, and the topic of BR more in WoT shouldn't be brought up ever again. i'm also saying that you should think and/or read more before you post (which you obviously didn't do). i swear, it's easier to talk to my younger cousins than you...at least they listen, and they're like what, primary school? you tellin me you can't behave better than a hyperactive kid with a motor mouth?

peternt2001 #17 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
Wow look at that, they have just installed something like i asked for, and something you were adamant that they wouldn't do, because it was to much effort and cost money. 

Wolvenworks #18 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:22 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Postpeternt2001, on 02 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Wow look at that, they have just installed something like i asked for, and something you were adamant that they wouldn't do, because it was to much effort and cost money. 

?

i wasn't aware that WG had added a BR mode. i WAS aware that they kinda had that as a joke back then, and as a form of testbed for stuff. from what i know, the newest battle mode is FL, and that's totally not battle royale...the next patch only contains fixes and adjustments, so i'm not sure where you get your info, or what kinda loopy-land you went.

peternt2001 #19 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Corporal

• 16280 battles
where i get my information ?  maybe from the game i have been playing for the last few weeks on WOT called Frontline

Its ok even KNOW IT ALLS like you arent always right

Edited by peternt2001, 04 June 2018 - 04:08 PM.

Puggsley #20 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• 61900 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

So Fortnite = Frontlie ???

I suppose they do both start with F and end with e......

If I squint hard enough they kind of look the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users