Need advice for Frontline

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Underhook #1 Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 30152 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

Hi Tankers,

I'm getting smashed in Frontline and I need some advice.

I have played 15 matches and been on the winning team twice.

I'm finishing about middle of the field which I think means I'm doing really badly because from what I can see half the players quit as soon as things go bad (I play the full match).

I frequently loose credits (with a premium account).

So my tactics so far. 

1) Get in my Super Pershing and try to cap.  Taker a lot of hit but eventually get killed .....  usually 0 players try and help or cover me.

2)  Out flank the enemy and get shots.  Suddenly I am surrounded by 5 tanks

3)  Smash a hole through enemy defences and move through.  My teams mate sit back and watch, so, of course I get killed.

4)  find a bush or a hill and try to get shots.  Almost all of my shots miss and I get tagged 5 times every time I peep.

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

Proloser_The_Atomistic #2 Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26676 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

If you are attacking I find its a good idea to get as many tanks on the cap as you possibly can. The cap is only reset when a tank dies so if you get like 6 on there then there's no way they will be able to reset. If no one is keen on capping then just sit back and farm as much as you can because you still can make a profit on a loss. 

If you're defending go as far as you can to their side of the base, the idea is you want to stop them even getting onto the cap circle because it's hard to defend and reset once a bunch of tanks are on it capping (as per previous sentence). 

I would suggest don't play your SP but if you got something else that is fast & has an autoloader (Lorr. 40T, Progetto, etc) it will be MUCH more effective. Let your HTs cap and you can farm/clip and stop anything trying to defend. 

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 12 May 2018 - 11:14 PM.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #3 Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
If atck, let some1 else cap, farm dmg from enemy trying to reset, shoot no gold if can. I like being atck side, real easy to play tbh.

If defend, keep your distance while farming. If some1 can shoot you, just run away to find some1 else to shoot. They will find something else to shoot, youll find yours. If cap almost captured by half, run out of sector. Dont do yolo reset shit, most of the time its a waste of tank and credit.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

LoKingOn #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Private

• 6467 battles
  • [EMW] EMW
after playing a reasonable amount of battles in this mode, there are certain advices i think i could give:

1. Playing in a platoon increases your chance of wining massively (with good players of coz). especially in pushing a flank or trying to reset.

2. All round-armoured heavies / fast mediums with hulldown capabilities are very good for this mode

3. Don't try to reset if you're alone. Better run to the next zone and get ready to farm damage

4. If you want teammates to push with you, activate inspire, and spam the "attack" command

Underhook #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

First lieutenant

• 30152 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

Thanks for the advice.

I actually dont know how to use inspire or any of that stuff.  So, I guess I could look that up :)

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

Puggsley #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Captain

• 63173 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Slow tanks are a pretty bad idea as there are so many options to flank people. 

Profanisaurus #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

If you are running something with more than one consumable slot try engineering.  Capping and repairs sped up.  Capping in particular is very useful.

I usually start with something slow* while the battle is bogged down initially then move to mobility once in breaks open and then revert to slower armoured tanks for late game. Particularly on defence.

*I will qualify this as I'm grinding a couple of slower tanks so trying to justify playing them.

FramFramson #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Major

• 40726 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
I put Engineering on my heavily armoured HTs, because I only drag them out to force or block stubborn caps.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Sir_Direkin #9 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10980 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

I've had an experiment with engineering for a while. Decided to use something else there as (either arty or airstrike, haven't decided which to settle on) as most of the time when I cap, I'm literally the only one on it, meanwhile allies are around pro sniping, but doing nothing to protect the cap from reset. It helps a bit with defense, but again when allies are doing nothing to protect those going for the reset, it really doesn't matter in the end.

Apparently the purpose of the cap circle is to have both teams sit around it and sing camp fire songs; you don't need engineering for that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

AussieGenesis #10 Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

Private

• 5050 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A

View PostUnderhook, on 12 May 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Hi Tankers,

I'm getting smashed in Frontline and I need some advice.

I have played 15 matches and been on the winning team twice.

I'm finishing about middle of the field which I think means I'm doing really badly because from what I can see half the players quit as soon as things go bad (I play the full match).

I frequently loose credits (with a premium account).

So my tactics so far. 

1) Get in my Super Pershing and try to cap.  Taker a lot of hit but eventually get killed .....  usually 0 players try and help or cover me.

2)  Out flank the enemy and get shots.  Suddenly I am surrounded by 5 tanks

3)  Smash a hole through enemy defences and move through.  My teams mate sit back and watch, so, of course I get killed.

4)  find a bush or a hill and try to get shots.  Almost all of my shots miss and I get tagged 5 times every time I peep.

Your Super Pershing will never in history cap by itself when under pressure. Like any medium tank, you're supporting your tanks. Support the heavy tanks, because they're the ones with the hitpoints and the armour, and that ones that can cap. You just support them, and help them out, because you depend on them. 

You're probably getting outflanked when you attempt a flank because you push too far forward without adequate teammate support. Think of the tank spawns like supply drops. You don't want to stretch out your supply line too far forward, otherwise you give the opposition the advantage because they're closer to you while your teammates are further from you. You don't want that.

Frankly mate, you're playing your tank wrong and you're not allowing adequate time for your teammates to actually assist you. It seems like you're pushing too fast and too hard. 

You're in a medium tank. You require help. You will very rarely be able to outflank completely by yourself behind all the TD's and HT's on the opposition. You need assistance. 

Alternatively, you can always jump into a heavy tank. It is a lot more capable of the outflanking and capping bases under pressure, as they actually have adequate hitpoints and generally enough armour (unless you have a Tiger II) to take hits while your teammates to their thing.

There's no such thing as a one man army in Frontline. This isn't random battles anymore, and you actually need to be with your teammates to be effective in this mode.

MagicalFlyingFox #11 Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:57 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30912 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Superpershing has too many weakspots to be up the front. Unless you are pushing with your team, avoid being on the front lines.

An IS-M or something with extremely good frontal armour would be better to start a solo cap because then your team is able to work with you and join in the cap as well. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users