Removal of preferential tanks... breach of Australian Consumer Law?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Aussie_Deano #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• 25773 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The news article "Perfecting preferential premiums" from 22 May proposes to remove all Preferential Tanks and replace them with a standard reworked tank or give the option to pay additional gold to get a different tank.     The article suggests that this proposed change is to mitigate issues with its MM.    

I bought my Preferential Tanks because there is a waranty that you will NOT see a tank two tiers higher & it was with that in mind that the purchase was made.    The removal of this guarantee is worrying to me and I would expect that the option would be to accept a replacement or the removal and a refund of the real money spent on the purchase, failing to do so could be a breach to the consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law.

Ultimately the tank for me was purchased for a reason and if that reason is removed then I don't want it anymore and am happy to accept a refund.   The right to spend additional gold for a different premium tank I don't want is rather insulting, as if I wanted it I would've already bought it.

The issue to WG appears to be it's broken MM rather than the tanks itself, and suggest that this (plus gold/premium rounds) is the pain factor for the players and should be addressed rather than remove the premium mm on tanks that were purchased specifically for that purpose.

Cheers

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67324 battles
How long does that warranty last? 6 months? 1 year? Can I return my iPhone 6 after iOS update made it slower?

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 23 May 2018 - 04:04 PM.

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

wasaabi #3 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20973 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAussie_Deano, on 23 May 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

The news article "Perfecting preferential premiums" from 22 May proposes to remove all Preferential Tanks and replace them with a standard reworked tank or give the option to pay additional gold to get a different tank.     The article suggests that this proposed change is to mitigate issues with its MM.    

I bought my Preferential Tanks because there is a waranty that you will NOT see a tank two tiers higher & it was with that in mind that the purchase was made.    The removal of this guarantee is worrying to me and I would expect that the option would be to accept a replacement or the removal and a refund of the real money spent on the purchase, failing to do so could be a breach to the consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law.

Ultimately the tank for me was purchased for a reason and if that reason is removed then I don't want it anymore and am happy to accept a refund.   The right to spend additional gold for a different premium tank I don't want is rather insulting, as if I wanted it I would've already bought it.

The issue to WG appears to be it's broken MM rather than the tanks itself, and suggest that this (plus gold/premium rounds) is the pain factor for the players and should be addressed rather than remove the premium mm on tanks that were purchased specifically for that purpose.

Cheers

If you read the EULA you will see that nothing stated by WG can override your consumer rights.  Ask for a refund and if they don't then take it to your state Consumer Affairs office.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #4 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62540 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
To be fair none of this is final. You never know, WG may simply rubicon it or even better look for actual ways to fix the MM.

Edited by Ezz, 23 May 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #5 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• 47372 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I reckon WG were flying a kite to see the reaction and it seems that there will be a excreta storm if it is implemented.

What happens if a player already has the replacement tanks that WG want PMM players to upgrade to?

What will happen to the low tiers when the E25 gets its buff?

I dont think that WG has really thought this through.

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

Hype_ #6 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Captain

• 7884 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
You're completely in your rights to contract the ACCC if they go ahead and this affects you. The product you bought will no longer suit its purpose that you bought it for due to an alteration by the company.

Edited by Hype_, 26 May 2018 - 09:22 PM.

Philharmonic #7 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

Private

• 35294 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

I am tired of these discussions about this game and the way WG 'moderate' everything, purely to suit themselves. I understand it is a business - they sell Premium tanks with a black skin (ffs) as an example! But, this current flavour regarding Preferential Premium Tier 8 tanks is a complete and utter breach of consumer law as it stands in Australia ( and most likely in most countries).  How about this for an idea WG - +/- 1 MM - end of story. I guarantee, if you go ahead with your stop-gap and quite frankly, pathetic offer, I will raise a class action against you. Simply put - I bought a product. You changed the parameters of the game. Now you expect me to retain my purchase or spend money to replace it - you are '[edited]' joking.

Good luck - and see you in litigation...

neokai #8 Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 37556 battles

View PostPhilharmonic, on 23 May 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

I am tired of these discussions about this game and the way WG 'moderate' everything, purely to suit themselves. I understand it is a business - they sell Premium tanks with a black skin (ffs) as an example! But, this current flavour regarding Preferential Premium Tier 8 tanks is a complete and utter breach of consumer law as it stands in Australia ( and most likely in most countries).  How about this for an idea WG - +/- 1 MM - end of story. I guarantee, if you go ahead with your stop-gap and quite frankly, pathetic offer, I will raise a class action against you. Simply put - I bought a product. You changed the parameters of the game. Now you expect me to retain my purchase or spend money to replace it - you are '[edited]' joking.

Good luck - and see you in litigation...

You might want to word your statement more neutrally, especially considering that nothing is official. Raising a class action on an event that has not occurred (yet) is beyond silly- you have suffered no damages to sue over. Explore your options with the consumer protection group operating in your jurisdiction before you issue statements.

Spoiler

Bash_sh #9 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 26953 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postneokai, on 24 May 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

You might want to word your statement more neutrally, especially considering that nothing is official. Raising a class action on an event that has not occurred (yet) is beyond silly- you have suffered no damages to sue over. Explore your options with the consumer protection group operating in your jurisdiction before you issue statements.

neokai, he has a point, WG might be forgetting that they operate in geographical regions that are governed by consumer laws vastly different from where they are located.

take facebook and mark zukkerprick, finding himself having the EU rip him another one just recently.

WG did make a statement that they intend to do it.

WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

wasaabi #10 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:19 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20973 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostBash_sh, on 24 May 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

neokai, he has a point, WG might be forgetting that they operate in geographical regions that are governed by consumer laws vastly different from where they are located.

take facebook and mark zukkerprick, finding himself having the EU rip him another one just recently.

WG did make a statement that they intend to do it.

And WG also published the EULA amendments earlier this year I referred to above http://legal.asia.wargaming.net/en/end-user-license-agreement-new-aunz

5. Non-Excludable Rights

5.1 Nothing in this EULA is intended to have or has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of any applicable law of any local jurisdiction that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement between us (collectively, "Non-Excludable Rights"

5.2 Non-Excludable Rights may include rights to replacements, refunds, compensation or other remedies to which consumers may be entitled and that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified under:

(a) Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) (Cth); or

(b) the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.

(collectively, "Consumer Guarantees"

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Bash_sh #11 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 26953 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

besides all the spin by WG, i suspect the proverbial has hit the fan .,..

https://ritastatusre...nake-oil-by-wg/

and

https://ritastatusre...5/22/good-news/

My reckoning is that their EULA will hold as much water as a sieve when the rubber hits the road

WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

MM_is_Broken #12 Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

Sergeant

• 15323 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

The new Eula is coming out in June i wondered why a new one is comming out ,, now i know why

WG have taken away so many tannks it dont even bother me anymore i just expect them to do it anyway

I just learn to find a new tank that works to suit me

They nerf and buff tanks secretly without telling you anyway so if you go back and try old tanks you thought were xcrement  you might be surprised how they now performe

qutoe as much consumner laaw as you like you probally wont get anywhere making them aware of comsumer laaw is a better idea and you are doing that which in todays world telling them before hey do it gives them the informaion of how to get around such laaws

I personally would prefer you didnt say such things and hen they could actually stuff it alll up so you then could crush them with consumner laaws and actually have a good case for all

End of the day they will do what they want they always have they always will it  wont change 

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28879 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Is F-S a breeding ground for tin foil hat theories?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

MM_is_Broken #14 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• 15323 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Is that on topic? 

Umm no 

Reported

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

MagicalFlyingFox #15 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28879 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 24 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

They nerf and buff tanks secretly without telling you anyway 

Yes it is.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Rayzza007 #16 Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

Private

• 14194 battles
  • [RSVP] RSVP

why make all these changes to the tanks when all they really have to do is drop the Pref matchmaking tanks a tier and remove the pref matchmaking, wouldnt that be simpler??

spacewolf #17 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

Space Yolo Best Yolo

• Beta-Tester
  • 68155 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Well yes it would be simpler for WG, but you need to consider the people that owned them paid for a tier 8 tank that sees only as far as tier 9.

So if they dropped them to tier 7, and they kept their credit earning potential, their xp earning potential, and everything else they would have got if they were a tier 8, then maybe they might be able to appease the masses. 

*disclaimer: I'm aware there's more to a pref tier 8 than my simple points above.

Mudguts4710 #18 Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 39790 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostPhilharmonic, on 23 May 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

How about this for an idea WG - +/- 1 MM - end of story. 

Time to start a thread - "I can't shoot Tier 10's in my non-pref MM Tier 8's anymore - WG compensate me for lost credits..."

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

jumphonner #19 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• 47372 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Drafted your application to the ACCC Deano?

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

ForbiddenName #20 Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

Corporal

• 33389 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View Postneokai, on 24 May 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Except, warfailing announced it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users