Removal of preferential tanks... breach of Australian Consumer Law?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

wheturangi #21 Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

Private

• 12179 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postspacewolf, on 24 May 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well yes it would be simpler for WG, but you need to consider the people that owned them paid for a tier 8 tank that sees only as far as tier 9.

So if they dropped them to tier 7, and they kept their credit earning potential, their xp earning potential, and everything else they would have got if they were a tier 8, then maybe they might be able to appease the masses. 

*disclaimer: I'm aware there's more to a pref tier 8 than my simple points above.

That idea has merit, but that would mean Super Pershings, IS-6s, KV-5s and Jagdtiger 88s could face tier 5s! Imagine your KV-1, Sherman, T67 or even the humble Russian T-34 against these tanks.  The pain, oh the pain.  By fixing one problem, they would create another.

Capt_Howdy #22 Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 32760 battles

So I have a question...After the "fix" tier VIII pref prem tanks by removing the preferential part..what will happen to the lower tier pref prem tanks?  Such as the tier II Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f), Tier V KV-220-2, Tier V   Excelsior  (to name a couple)?

Wont these end up "screwing MM" as well?? Or are WG going to "Balance" these tanks as well?. I dont think WG thought this out very good

Profanisaurus #23 Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
The tier II Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 now has standard tier 2 MM.

Freedom4KEK #24 Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• 32740 battles
So 25 percent of the player base are the ones who put money into the game. I wonder if the 25 percent will shrink rapidly to about 4 percent. I am not aware of what the business strategy is where the paying customers are the ones you purposefully irritate. I wonder if they have realised that when you don't want to buy a prem tank anymore as it's left you with a bad taste in your mouth you aren't buying gold, prem account and just watching your prem account run out. 2 years plus of prem runs out in 3 hours to never be renewed. 

ProvoBob #25 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 36070 battles

View PostPhilharmonic, on 24 May 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

How about this for an idea WG - +/- 1 MM - end of story. 

I like this very simple fix to MM.

But will you then get people complaining that they bought a certain premium because it had better chances due to it having a Preferential, and now it doesn't have that over other tanks. 

Or will WG drop the prices of those tanks that they remove the Pref from, then offer a small compensation for the price difference to existing owners?

Common sense would say to go the +/- 1 MM. 

Ezz #26 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProvoBob, on 13 June 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

I like this very simple fix to MM.

But will you then get people complaining that they bought a certain premium because it had better chances due to it having a Preferential, and now it doesn't have that over other tanks. 

Or will WG drop the prices of those tanks that they remove the Pref from, then offer a small compensation for the price difference to existing owners?

Common sense would say to go the +/- 1 MM. 

The problem then is the pref MM tank owners not only lose the thing that made them special, but they are by and large poor for their tier so would need a buff anyway.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bitter_Night #27 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Corporal

• 7572 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostFreedom4KEK, on 11 June 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

So 25 percent of the player base are the ones who put money into the game. I wonder if the 25 percent will shrink rapidly to about 4 percent. I am not aware of what the business strategy is where the paying customers are the ones you purposefully irritate. I wonder if they have realised that when you don't want to buy a prem tank anymore as it's left you with a bad taste in your mouth you aren't buying gold, prem account and just watching your prem account run out. 2 years plus of prem runs out in 3 hours to never be renewed. 

You

can

get

a

refund

SinLoi #28 Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

Private

• 40015 battles

View PostFreedom4KEK, on 11 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Actually you are right on the money with this. I have stopped puchases of any kind and I know many others that have to.

Chibbi_Dani #29 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

Private

• 0 battles

Call-up to all interested tankers...

This goes out to all who like to help their fellow tankers worldwide. I guess you all had read the article or heart about the changes which seems WG is still head on, for the preferantial match making tanks.

We... and by that it means the most owners of pmm tanks in EU, especially germans, came to a point were we have to call-up all tankers worldwide.

The problem with WG's dumbest advance since release ever and no answer or even a statement since weeks, leave it to us to act.

Our suggestion is it, show WG how serious we are all together about their customer politics and communication.

Just stop playing the game for just 30 mins 3:00 pm ACST(UTC +9:30) every day til they come with solution for their selfmade problem.

I can't and i won't suggest it, cause it would harm WG financially, so it's upon you to decide how far you like to go with your protests. But for example, a lot of players in EU fully stopped playing, playing only necessarily matches, stopped paying or buying any of WG's stuff since WG is unbale to react propper and pull back with their plans for pmm tanks.

So if you have CW's or Campaign play on, if you have to grind further your tanks, feel free to do so. But please show WG once a day, even if it's only around that time and less than 30mins, that we are all tankers together. And that we won't accept everything WG throwing at us.

(@ WG, screens are made, so don't edit or delete :trollface:)

Duplicate thread.  Threads merged, user warned.

~Wasaabi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users