Muppets and morons

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #161 Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Captain

• 9295 battles

Sometimes I really wonder why I ever bother pressing the battle button. 100% loss rate so far, and not through any lack of effort. If anything it seems every team I was in just wasn't trying. At least the football mode was a fun break from that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #162 Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 19 June 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

Yeah separating arty would let the tomatoes still feel good about shooting things from the redline and all the non bot-like individuals can actually have fun in randoms. Win win.

This. When both god player and skrub can play without having their feeling hurts, the game would be better. Even newbie wont have much problem going up tier, they'll stay longer ingame.

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

Puggsley #163 Posted Today, 08:26 AM

Captain

• 59735 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Arty is highly unlikely to be separated because WG have actual data on how much of an issue it is...........

Not much but boy does it generate salt.

Ezz #164 Posted Today, 08:48 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60926 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 20 June 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Arty is highly unlikely to be separated because WG have actual data on how much of an issue it is...........

Not much but boy does it generate salt.

~5% right?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #165 Posted Today, 09:32 AM

Captain

• 59735 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Spot on Ezz!!

Wotzilla did have great info on how many times you were splashed by arty (on a tank by tank basis) and from that you could back calculate the total impact of arty.

Lets just say if you looked at the data, a bad case of cognative dissonance is required to think arty is much more than an occasional annoyance.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #166 Posted Today, 11:59 AM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 20 June 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Spot on Ezz!!

Wotzilla did have great info on how many times you were splashed by arty (on a tank by tank basis) and from that you could back calculate the total impact of arty.

Lets just say if you looked at the data, a bad case of cognative dissonance is required to think arty is much more than an occasional annoyance.

You can get into wotzilla? How much arty hit me btw?

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

Puggsley #167 Posted Today, 01:09 PM

Captain

• 59735 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I only used it for a week before it went down.

It gave you the number of times splashed for each non arty tank, then you could work out the number of times hit by looking at arty and comparing the ratio of direct hits to splashes.

A big number was 0.7 to 0.8 times per game to be hit by arty (splash + direct hit). This was for an uber aggressive, super unicum, top clan player. IE pays no attention to arty, pokes in same spot over and over in a completely exposed position and will not retreat when spotted, has no xvm cover. There is a time factor for great players as well, they typically spend more time fighting in each game than average players so are exposed to more arty minutes per game but I ignored this effect.

More typical players were between 0.5 and 0.6 times per game for an arty hit (splash + direct hit).

Some players would complain vociferously about how bad and game breaking arty was when getting hit by it 0.4 times per game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

luftkopf