Muppets and morons

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Ezz #121 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62540 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Anime tanks have a design flaw whereby their special anti gravity armor is actually magnetic to friendly shells. Weird design but then they are anime freaks.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

JOC469 #122 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:52 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66799 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostGordo_G, on 14 June 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

Some players are simply ****ers - I've had some players who actually had good stat's and from well known Clans made a point of turning to my SPG and deliberately shooting it at point blank range.

Absolutely no reason for it except their "**** for brains" attitude as there was no history between us. Worse, they were open maps where I usually do top 3 damage, with kills, and would definitely have helped carry the game and, in 2 instances, they took themselves out with a temp' suspension, so we were 2 down from the start.

umm, looking at the stats in your arty that is highly unlikely

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

crusin_custard #123 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Private

• 113 battles
Anime tanks easy to kill. Just whisper sweet little nothings to them. :D

Proloser_The_Atomistic #124 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25641 battles

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 14 June 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Also tk are justified when some1 are using op metatank, how dare they bully me with that :P

The only time I'd agree with you here is if said player is driving a 268v4. Other than that, most other 'meta' tanks still require a bit of skill to do well in and aren't so much bully tanks. 

Sir_Direkin #125 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

Captain

• 9758 battles

View Postcrusin_custard, on 14 June 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Anime tanks easy to kill. Just whisper sweet little nothings to them. :D

I was thinking of tentacle tanks, but I doubt we'll ever see those.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #126 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20422 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 14 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

The only time I'd agree with you here is if said player is driving a 268v4. Other than that, most other 'meta' tanks still require a bit of skill to do well in and aren't so much bully tanks. 

Nah, every meta are equal. Also depends on how well they do, if they do well, I shoot them, if not, I let them be. 

P.S- issa joke, i dont do tk based on personal "unfair hurtz feel" shit. I might be skrub, but im not pathetic :D.

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED

Gordo_G #127 Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

Corporal

• 37008 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_

View PostJOC469, on 14 June 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

umm, looking at the stats in your arty that is highly unlikely

Do you lack the basic comprehension skills to understand the bolded part of my statement? Do you understand that many of the maps render arty, especially the German with a low trajectory, effectively useless? Do you understand that SOME maps are open and arty can provide very effective support? Do you understand that arty, on those open maps, can regularly get top 3 damage and several kills?

Do you understand that statistics can be very misleading - even with the problem of the built up and hilly maps, which frequently come up, severely reducing their effectiveness, the damage ratios for my arty averages around 3.5:1 and the kill ratio is comfortably above 1? That those statistics would be greatly improved if one could just count the open maps, the very type of maps the sh*t-for-brains teamkilled the SPGs on?

Yeah, I thought not...

Edited by Gordo_G, 16 June 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Ezz #128 Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62540 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostGordo_G, on 16 June 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Do you lack the comprehension to understand the bolded part of my statement? Do you understand that many of the maps render arty, especially the German with a low trajectory, effectively useless? Do you understand that SOME maps are open and arty can provide very effective support? Do you understand that arty, on those open maps, can regularly get top 3 damage and several kills?

Do you understand that statistics can be very misleading?

His point was pretty clear i thought. If you were the sort of arty player who would help carry regularly, you'd have better stats in arty.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Gordo_G #129 Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• 37008 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 13 June 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Well if you play arty a lot you gotta expect to be TK'd occasionally. If you can't handle the occasional bully TK to you, play another class that doesn't bully others & isn't hated by most competent players. Just sayin'. 

Anyone who TK's a team-mate is a friggin'sh*t-for-brains, regardless what vehicle it is - except when the person is deliberately interfering and, even then, it is usually better to just leave them alone*!

Why?

1/ because it automatically reduced one's side by one player - two if the idiot gets his/her account suspended and taken out of the game.

2/ because any damaging hit makes it easier for the enemy vehicle to be taken out and may also result in them using a repair kit that they can't use until it is re-spawned (terminology?).

3/ because it is another target for the enemy that might, otherwise, be targetting you.

4/ because it may win the game for you. A good example is - couple of nights ago I was playing on Sand River and it came down to an enemy TD with 8 kills by that point and my SPG with a single kill - some of you may have decided the game was lost but I shot-gunned it and won the game for us - that was the most extreme example I've had, but I have killed the last enemy several times before with an SPG. I have also seen games where a single light' (not me) two tiers down has won a game after killing several higher tier vehicles.

5/ because it is damned bad manners!

6/ all the reasons I missed out...

*We've all had games where kiddies (of all ages) try shoving you out of a sniping spot, park beside you but exposed so the enemy hits you, park in front of you blocking your shots, drive around shooting their guns off like schoolboys in a brothel and hit you, etc. - there are ways of dealing with that sort of crap, if you really feel the need to, like blocking their retreat when they're taking enemy fire (then using them for cover), accidentally pushing them off cliffs, etc, that don't penalise you.

Gordo_G #130 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• 37008 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_

View PostEzz, on 16 June 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

His point was pretty clear i thought. If you were the sort of arty player who would help carry regularly, you'd have better stats in arty.

Read what I said - sure, they aren't as good as yours for the kill ratios (don't see damage?) but still >1:1, so I don't consider them that bad - especially as they are almost all pub' games, I run a vanilla game and the aformentioned map limitations.

Edited by Gordo_G, 16 June 2018 - 03:18 PM.

CaptainNoch_01 #131 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• 19223 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostGordo_G, on 16 June 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Anyone who TK's a team-mate is a friggin'sh*t-for-brains, regardless what vehicle it is - except when the person is deliberately interfering and, even then, it is usually better to just leave them alone*!

Why?

1/ because it automatically reduced one's side by one player - two if the idiot gets his/her account suspended and taken out of the game.

2/ because any damaging hit makes it easier for the enemy vehicle to be taken out and may also result in them using a repair kit that they can't use until it is re-spawned (terminology?).

3/ because it is another target for the enemy that might, otherwise, be targetting you.

4/ because it may win the game for you. A good example is - couple of nights ago I was playing on Sand River and it came down to an enemy TD with 8 kills by that point and my SPG with a single kill - some of you may have decided the game was lost but I shot-gunned it and won the game for us - that was the most extreme example I've had, but I have killed the last enemy several times before with an SPG. I have also seen games where a single light' (not me) two tiers down has won a game after killing several higher tier vehicles.

*We've all had games where kiddies (of all ages) try shoving you out of a sniping spot, park beside you but exposed so the enemy hits you, park in front of you blocking your shots, drive around shooting their guns off like schoolboys in a brothel and hit you, etc. - there are ways of dealing with that sort of crap, if you really feel the need to, like blocking their retreat when they're taking enemy fire (then using them for cover), accidentally pushing them off cliffs, etc, that don't penalise you.

That makes you no different from them. You do it to them, they will do it back and it will be a vicious cycle of [insert 'a' word] who thinks they are doing something right because someone did it to them. As far as I see it, people only do that if you yourself are poorly positioned. A LT playing on a HT corner deserves to be nudged and if he dies, that's his fate. But given the rarity of them occuring, I don't see how this is a big point.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Ezz #132 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62540 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostGordo_G, on 16 June 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Read what I said - sure, they aren't as good as yours for the kill ratios (don't see damage?) but still >1:1, but they are far from bad - especially as they are almost all pub' games, and I run a vanilla game.

It's the win rates that are the most worrying. As you mentioned arty can indeed be a help to your team, but the issue is your helping doesn't look to be working very often - hence joc's comment. And yeah, there are shit arty maps and shit RNG, but players are able to win quite a bit in arty.

Primed_Noob #133 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

Private

• 276 battles

View Postpokeranger24, on 24 May 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

It can also be the fact that the opponent team is that good

People are always blaming their own team not looking at the fact that this a PvP game and you have been outplayed and outmatched by the enemy

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... infinitum. You should be in stand up comedy.

Wodka_Warrior #134 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17452 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

View PostPrimed_Noob, on 16 June 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... infinitum. You should be in stand up comedy.

It's not that funny...quite a reasonable statement actually.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #135 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25641 battles

View PostGordo_G, on 16 June 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Why?

What I'm saying is, the chance of getting team killed is much higher if you play arty simply because it's an unfair class. Most arty players don't care about their team mates and shoot anyway and stun their allies just to get extra damage. Add that to players getting constantly crapped upon by arty and it builds up enough frustration to negate any good reason to not teamkill that you might have. 

If you get TK'd or team damaged in any other class, I agree, it's unfair and very unsportsmanlike. However, if you're playing arty and ruining games for the people you shoot at (note: there's a big difference between shooting someone with line of sight when they make a stupid move and unfairly lobbing shells over the top of cover), you really shouldn't complain when you get TK'd because you bring it upon yourself by playing the most hated & controversial class in the game. 

It's just common sense; you can't expect to use something people hate and not expect to be subjected to the hate that comes along with it.

Note that I'm not condoning TKing; I'm simply stating why it happens and that you should be expecting it every once in a while... and if you want to avoid it, play a real class! 

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 16 June 2018 - 09:18 PM.

Wodka_Warrior #136 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17452 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

What pro said...

3 times in the last 3weeks I've been TEAMKILLED by my own arty whilst I'm doing the hard yards circle jerkin the reds by a no neck window lickin arseclown clicker cowboy that's trying to help so yeah...accidents happen.

DISCLAIMER: not all clickers are knobs.

Sir_Direkin #137 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• 9758 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 16 June 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Add that to players getting constantly crapped upon by arty and it builds up enough frustration to negate any good reason to not teamkill that you might have.

Plus it's a great way to reset Battle Buddy. Bonus points if it's a leFH or FV304.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

Proloser_The_Atomistic #138 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25641 battles
M40, M53 and CGC also are viable battle buddy resets!

Ezz #139 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62540 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Honestly tho, getting TK'd is part of the game. The difference is when it's at an important time of a battle and usually by a subbie as compared to after the battle is won and usually by someone who is competent.

azmania3000 #140 Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

Captain

• 41837 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostEzz, on 17 June 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Honestly tho, getting TK'd is part of the game. The difference is when it's at an important time of a battle and usually by a subbie as compared to after the battle is won and usually by someone who is competent.

I would love to see the stats on TK by class.......

I'm going to make a wager that arty Tk's more than every other class combined, and that the tank they most commonoly TK are light tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users