• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #41 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28827 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMoshyman, on 25 May 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

That moment you realise you admitted that you watched someone else unload into other people's faces... ;)

beats being unloaded onto.

Besides, hellvn had a bad case of projectile dysfunction. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

The_average_tanker #42 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9932 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

Take it from someone who came from a 400 wn8 and 44% win rate to where I am today, The only way you will improve, is to realize that the only constant in all your battles is you. Yeah, you will get below average players on your team. But there is an equal chance of getting them on the enemy team. Now a lower win rate just indicates the inability to cash in on those situations. I am still not a great player and have a long way to go. But i no longer blame my team for my failures. Maybe I should have stayed alive longer. If I stay alive longer I can have a greater influence on the battle. Maybe I should be positioned better to keep my gun talking. No point in being the last person alive if I am not keeping my gun active and driving home the advantage for the team. 

I also stopped using xvm. Everyone on my team and the enemy team is the same to me. I just see what tanks are there in the battle and play of that. I can easily guess how good the player is a minute into the battle by seeing their positioning etc. Removing xvm has reduced all the salt to a great extent. no longer do I find thinking why do have more tomatoes on my team and other rubbish thoughts. 

Take advice from the really great players giving you advice here and try to really improve, you will find yourself carrying more.

I am no where near a great player. I mean i still get called out to be a shitter/ bot in some battles (thanks to the 48% overall) and on reddit sometimes. But the main thing for me is that i am really improving and i can feel it and if someone underestimates me for my stats, they will get a rude shock (sometimes :hiding:).

Proloser_The_Atomistic #43 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:05 AM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25641 battles

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 May 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

Take it from someone who came from a 400 wn8 and 44% win rate to where I am today, The only way you will improve, is to realize that the only constant in all your battles is you. Yeah, you will get below average players on your team. But there is an equal chance of getting them on the enemy team. Now a lower win rate just indicates the inability to cash in on those situations. I am still not a great player and have a long way to go. But i no longer blame my team for my failures. Maybe I should have stayed alive longer. If I stay alive longer I can have a greater influence on the battle. Maybe I should be positioned better to keep my gun talking. No point in being the last person alive if I am not keeping my gun active and driving home the advantage for the team. 

I also stopped using xvm. Everyone on my team and the enemy team is the same to me. I just see what tanks are there in the battle and play of that. I can easily guess how good the player is a minute into the battle by seeing their positioning etc. Removing xvm has reduced all the salt to a great extent. no longer do I find thinking why do have more tomatoes on my team and other rubbish thoughts. 

Take advice from the really great players giving you advice here and try to really improve, you will find yourself carrying more.

I am no where near a great player. I mean i still get called out to be a shitter/ bot in some battles (thanks to the 48% overall) and on reddit sometimes. But the main thing for me is that i am really improving and i can feel it and if someone underestimates me for my stats, they will get a rude shock (sometimes :hiding:).

Keep thinking like that and you'll be dark purple in no time!

JOC469 #44 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:39 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66798 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Guise you have to wonder how bad some pub games are when 46%ers are complaining about bad teams. Does this mean a skill based MM would not be appreciated by these types? 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

JOC469 #45 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 66798 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostJusta_Target, on 24 May 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I would have loved to see your statics at the 8-9000 game mark to see if you were as good as you are now.  If you weren't, then you are a hypocrite and if you were, then you haven't improved in some 54k of games.

So which one are you, hypocrite or a player who has not improved in 54k of games?  If you have improved, then try to remember back when you were a player of some 8-9k of games.  Were you so good and wonderful that you could dispense your wisdom on all us mere peasants way below your skill, or is it now that you have played so many games that we are supposed to be in awe of your playing ability?

JT

Some people aren’t able to dispense their wisdom effectively due to a number of factors including a lack of desire to share knowledge, not understanding adult learning principles, or some people just not wanting to acknowledge their own shortcomings and learn new things.

You don’t have to be in awe of players wi better stats (but it is OK if you are). What you should do is listen and try and replicate what they do where possible and adjust your own style to take on some of the better aspects of their game play.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

BadAtLightTanks #46 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:58 AM

Corporal

• 3735 battles

View PostJusta_Target, on 24 May 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

I would have loved to see your statics at the 8-9000 game mark to see if you were as good as you are now.  If you weren't, then you are a hypocrite and if you were, then you haven't improved in some 54k of games.

So which one are you, hypocrite or a player who has not improved in 54k of games?  If you have improved, then try to remember back when you were a player of some 8-9k of games.  Were you so good and wonderful that you could dispense your wisdom on all us mere peasants way below your skill, or is it now that you have played so many games that we are supposed to be in awe of your playing ability?

JT

EzioAuditore platoons regularly with super unicums including a player in the top 10 rankings to boost and/or maintain his stats. Perhaps you may want to copy his strategy instead of calling him a hypocrite. :hiding: 

Edited by BadAtLightTanks, 25 May 2018 - 05:58 AM.

AlexTheKid72 #47 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• 13388 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

I am one of those "muppets" ....SOMETIMES - usually when in a bottom tier light and I try for a bush too far, or in my Maus, or any TD .... medium .... everything really lol including arty. Love those counter-arty sniper deaths after one shot. It started happening less around 5k games when someone with experience in a random with me sent a friend request and offered advice. Before that was 5k games of insults and uninstall requests. I feel sorry for anyone stuck with me as top tier when driving Maus, it's a coin toss every time :(

I apologise when I die early, and usually stay and watch from a better player's pov till the end hoping one day to not suck completely.

Compare our stats please Just_A_Target. Mine are slightly better than yours, roughly the same number of games. I struggle to contribute when bottom tier above t6. I have terrible games where I completely get it wrong. You are consistently below average by a little bit every game of your 10k, or you have brainfart games every now and then like me, and have no right  to be complaining about others. You contribute as much as I do. I am a muppet.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 25 May 2018 - 06:24 AM.

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

jumphonner #48 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• 47349 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Had plenty of those for the second night running.

Helped contribute to a 13 game losing streak last night.

You must be on the Black List, just like me.

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

AlexTheKid72 #49 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Corporal

• 13388 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

You see yourself as Rambo amongst sheep

But really it's all

:great: also GREAT signature, Jumphonner  ........Claus is my hero.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 25 May 2018 - 07:14 AM.

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

CelestiaLudenberg #50 Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

First lieutenant

• 16783 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

The best thing to do is to simply listen to and learn from those who are better than you.

I remember back to when I was stupidly elated to see my recent WN8 hit 1000, now I reliably pull well over 3k, all thanks to those who gave me advice back when I was no more than a pubbie, many of whom are in this very thread. Being Proloser, MFF, Ezz etc.

Something that I do often enough is that when I can tell that a match is going to be a loss, or even just close, is I play more passively and take extremely opportunistic shots, always make sure you focus off the low health targets first, removing a gun from the game is always what you should prioritise in a losing situation. The only exceptions would be if you are in a high alpha tank with a long reload and there are team mates with you who can [hopefully] finish off the low hp tanks instead.

WN8 itself is directly related to damage, so in the end game whether it is going to be a win or a loss, you should just farm damage as oppose to securing the last few kills if you know your team will deal with the ~100hp tanks.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

_DeI_ #51 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

Corporal

• 2391 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostJusta_Target, on 24 May 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

JT

I completely agree with Heman, and idk about his stats at low battles.

but this is my first account

, at 4500 battles I had 4x your overall :)

maybe its you bud

Righteous_End #52 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 11027 battles
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-

We all get angry in this game. It's frustrating when at least 90% of the time you are on a team of noobs and the other side has 

unicums and blue and green players. Most of us would be guilty of going off on a rant, I know I do.  I was just in a game where

a player was calling the team [Removed] and other things I cannot remember. That is what the language filter is used for in the 

in-game chat. Have you not all seen it there. I'm sure Wargaming knows that some people have had language around them all

their life and these habits are almost impossible to break. For instance I use it little in every day life, but for some reason

when frustrated or angry overdrive.

Please excuse my Teammate. He like most of us is more frustrated with how the Game Play has been for some time now.

Also we both come here from the US server because of the much, much better ping and the game play there is more resonalbe

"Most of the time". It has it's issues too.

I don't believe he means to sound racial, he's just not communicating it the right way. I get worried when I say something like

"You're all just lemmings on this [Removed] Asian server" not a raciest comment but stating what I see on the SEA server and Aussie

for that matter.

now you lot can [edited] about me and my rants in game, I own that. I get angry and then someone come out saying "it's just a game"

Yeah maybe it is, but some of us want to win, some of us want to make money to buy equipment or tanks.

It's no fun when you are left alone buy lemmings who decide to all go one way and you get taken on the other side and lose.

Use your brains and statagise a little. Divide and conquer is the term. Then you have so much other stupid stuff happen

in game that just make is more unpleasant.. E.g, getting shot because someone "Thinks" your doing nothing or your not doing

what they think you should. Hell I will tell that person what I think they should be doing, if they chose to sit there and do nothing,

it's not my place to go on and on calling him a [Removed] or shoot him. But you see this happen so much. It' happened to me a few time

and even though I was team killed, I still was in the top 6 for damage.. I must have been sitting on my [edited] doing nothing hey?

I had an almost unicum team player with me yesterday, because he said I was the only one in the team who was willing to help 

out teammates. He said lets toon because I know you'll have my back.

First time such a good player with a high rating has said that to me and I appreciated it. good to see there was someone with

commonsense in this game. He said in the game I hate how everyone is out for themselves in this game and there is no teamwork.

I could not agree with him more!

That's my 2c... Well maybe it should be 5c now we no longer use 2c... lol

I'll see you on the field and if I rant, never take it personal I'm frustrated by the game play.

I only get personal if people make it personal.

P.S. I'm working on it... lol

Mostly got it down to Stupid bloody team or something like that. hahaha

So calm down all of you. 

Filter Bypass; Content Removed, User Sanctioned.

Please be aware that bypassing the automatic censoring filter is a direct violation of the Game Rules.

/Bounty

Edited by Bounty, 25 May 2018 - 03:35 PM.

struth #53 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

Crikey

• 43589 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 25 May 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

Sammich seems to really struggle in his Biggus Dickus.

Seems to get too droopy and point down too much when really he should be trying to unload forward. 

I told him to carry at the start of the game, he showed instant doubt regarding his ability to carry with the Maximus dickus.

I didn't really think too much about that until now ;)

Edited by struth, 25 May 2018 - 10:08 AM.

BadAtLightTanks #54 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• 3735 battles
I did 0 Damage because my team was overwhelmed and all dead within 3 minutes. I did 0 Damage because my team overwhelmed the enemy team and left me with no viable targets within 3 minutes. Welcome to WOT Muppets Edition. :sceptic:

Proloser_The_Atomistic #55 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25641 battles

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 25 May 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

I am one of those "muppets" ....SOMETIMES - usually when in a bottom tier light and I try for a bush too far, or in my Maus, or any TD .... medium .... everything really lol including arty. Love those counter-arty sniper deaths after one shot. It started happening less around 5k games when someone with experience in a random with me sent a friend request and offered advice. Before that was 5k games of insults and uninstall requests. I feel sorry for anyone stuck with me as top tier when driving Maus, it's a coin toss every time :(

I apologise when I die early, and usually stay and watch from a better player's pov till the end hoping one day to not suck completely.

Compare our stats please Just_A_Target. Mine are slightly better than yours, roughly the same number of games. I struggle to contribute when bottom tier above t6. I have terrible games where I completely get it wrong. You are consistently below average by a little bit every game of your 10k, or you have brainfart games every now and then like me, and have no right  to be complaining about others. You contribute as much as I do. I am a muppet.

I'm loving how everyone is calling OP out, not just unis. Take my +1.

_Sammich_ #56 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Major

• 29459 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Poststruth, on 25 May 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

I told him to carry at the start of the game, he showed instant doubt regarding his ability to carry with the Maximus dickus.

I didn't really think too much about that until now ;)

Problem with the Maximus Dickus, is once you shoot your load it takes ages to reload.

I'm sure you understand.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

The_average_tanker #57 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

• 9932 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 24 May 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

Keep thinking like that and you'll be dark purple in no time!

Thanks man, that is my aim but like my platoonmate said the other night, at this rate it may take me 30 years to get there (he is my brother and terribly frank). :trollface:

There are some things i noticed, i have better stats in tanks i have my 4 skill crews compared to tanks in which i have started fresh crews. In the few tanks i run food, i can manage better stats than the same tanks without food, but i generally avoid food in interest of profit making. Obviously these things do not help me get unicum stats, but sure help me get slightly better, which is expected since they do give direct buffs to your tanks and crew performances.

The main thing required is the attitude. That is why something skill4ltu said stuck with me. He said " I am just a normal player, if anyone puts in 100k battles in this game like me they can be just as good as me". You can get there, but you have to be willing to learn and implement. And it has to be about you. where you went wrong and what you could have done better.

After studying stats for some time i noticed that for getting 1200 Wn8 you have to do roughly 4 shots of damage with a tanks top gun (may vary a little from tank to tank). Is it that hard? Can you not stay alive to get at least 4 shots out? this is a question i asked myself. I now find myself trying to stay alive for atleast 4 shots of damage. Do not take unnecessary damage, do not poke against 5 guns. on open maps move around carefully to remain unspotted and it is working out imo.

And it does not take that much time.

Am i watching streams from all the big streamers for 100s of hours? No. I rarely get time. I have followed a lot of guys but i rarely get time to watch them all play even though i would want to because of the lack of time, but i do manage to catch 3-4 hours a month (i am not joking).

Am i just scouring youtube for all the videos i can find  and incessantly watching them? No. i have subscribed to a few guys and turned on notification for them. this way i get notified when the guys upload something. it does not take more time, as most of the videos last only 15 mins. I may spend a max of 30 mins a day that too while i do stuff like eating.

Am i no lifing and playing all the time? No. i play 2 hours a day, maybe 4 on weekends. Most of the times i am playing randoms. get maybe 10-14 battles in a session. that is the most time i spend on this game.

I do spend a time on reddit. and beneath all the salt you can get really good advice there (if you ask nicely). i think it has helped me grow the most along with approx 2 months of watching zeven when my family was away.

It does not take a lot of effort. I, someone who has never played video games till i was 25 and only strategy like age of empires and rise of nations even then. Who always sucks at shooters like CoD, CS, etc can be semi decent at this game, anyone can be.

Try to find something that gets you in the zone. i can feel some evenings that my brain is that little bit sharper. i will be making plays that amaze even me. And i have noticed that it generally happen when i workout before i play. So i have made it a point to work out before i play. I just play better. it may be something else for you. it may be listening to music before you start, or maybe watching anime, something i see is common among a lot of unicums. :hiding:

Op you can blame proloser for this long post! he encouraged me. :teethhappy:

Puggsley #58 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• 60062 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostRighteous_End, on 25 May 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Use your brains and statagise a little. Divide and conquer is the term.

I had an almost unicum team player with me yesterday, because he said I was the only one in the team who was willing to help 

out teammates. He said lets toon because I know you'll have my back.

First time such a good player with a high rating has said that to me and I appreciated it. good to see there was someone with

commonsense in this game. He said in the game I hate how everyone is out for themselves in this game and there is no teamwork.

I could not agree with him more!

Divide and conquer is almost exactly the opposite of what actually works.

Gang up and overwhelm was good enough for most great historical tank commanders, and was what the almost unicum you played with was admiring.

The moment you realise that not spreading your team all over the map is good, and that winning your little fight fast by attacking the same tank with 2 or 3 allies is good, is the moment when your win rate takes a permanent and significant jump. 

MagicalFlyingFox #59 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28827 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

or maybe watching anime, something i see is common among a lot of unicums. :hiding:

Correlation = causation. 

Do eet.

:hiding:

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

The_average_tanker #60 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

• 9932 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 25 May 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Correlation = causation. 

Do eet.

:hiding:

If i was younger i may have tried it, but i am not and i find it to be cringy. But i do not judge people who like it, everyone has something that rocks their boat. :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users