cheat or WOT issue?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Righteous_End #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Sergeant

• 12323 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

So I was in a game yesterday in a city. A tank was aound the corner with his back to me and he was looking forward.

I went out and shot him. Penned and tracked him at the same time. Now he turned his turret around while I was 

moving back down the alley.  Now in real life there is no way he can now shoot me, But.............

I watch his gun go through the corner of the building so it was a few meters in, and he shot me and killed me.

Now guns should not go through buildings.

A few months back I had a similar issue.. There was a large dead HT between me and another player.

I was like if he comes around that tank I'm going to shoot him. Instead his gun went though the tank

it was literally half way though the body of this dead tank and he shot me. Like [edited]?

Solid objects cannot go through solid objects like they are a hologram, but in WOT

it's a real thing that can happen and I'm not happy about it.

What's next snipe though buildings like they are not there?

Edited by Righteous_End, 25 May 2018 - 10:42 AM.

teysanook #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Forum Moderator
  • 31303 battles
  • [T1RKX] T1RKX
Do you have a replay?

Righteous_End #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

Sergeant

• 12323 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postteysanook, on 25 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Do you have a replay?

I stopped replays a few months ago.. Never use them... lol

would be handy for this.

Bash_sh #4 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

First lieutenant

• 26972 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

cheat, nope, there is no cheat available that could make shells go thru walls

however

since patch 1.0.X

most of the maps have serious bugs in them

some bushes give zero camo

some obstacles are not what they appear

spotting ranges at some positions are not what they supposed to be

the list goes on

neokai #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 38501 battles

There are some buildings with open windows or archways that you can shoot through.

Without a replay it's hard to check the issue and follow up.

Spoiler

DanLBob #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23727 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostRighteous_End, on 25 May 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

So I was in a game yesterday in a city. A tank was aound the corner with his back to me and he was looking forward.

I went out and shot him. Penned and tracked him at the same time. Now he turned his turret around while I was 

moving back down the alley.  Now in real life there is no way he can now shoot me, But.............

I watch his gun go through the corner of the building so it was a few meters in, and he shot me and killed me.

Now guns should not go through buildings.

A few months back I had a similar issue.. There was a large dead HT between me and another player.

I was like if he comes around that tank I'm going to shoot him. Instead his gun went though the tank

it was literally half way though the body of this dead tank and he shot me. Like [edited]?

Solid objects cannot go through solid objects like they are a hologram, but in WOT

it's a real thing that can happen and I'm not happy about it.

What's next snipe though buildings like they are not there?

Was the gun actually still in the wall when he shot you or did it just pass through the wall on its way coming to bear upon you. I suspect it was just a case of he was able to target a small portion on the front front of your tank that was still exposed. AFAIK guns have never been obstructed by buildings etc when the turret is turning.

Dan

Righteous_End #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• 12323 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostDanLBob, on 25 May 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Was the gun actually still in the wall when he shot you or did it just pass through the wall on its way coming to bear upon you. I suspect it was just a case of he was able to target a small portion on the front front of your tank that was still exposed. AFAIK guns have never been obstructed by buildings etc when the turret is turning.

Dan

He was tracked an still not moving.. I was reversing and was already well out of his range, but I keep the view out so I can see what he is doing.. He had started to turn his turret around

straight after I shot him. But when I was back 3/4 to almost half way down the short alley way, I watched his gun co through the corner of the building and kept comeing till it was aimed on me.

No windows just wall so he did not shoot through a window. I just watched his gun going through the building (brick wall) I was like Hell no, he can't then boom I was dead.. Only the nozzel of his

gun was showing though the wall. No tank it was on the other side of the building and had no moved.

Edited by Righteous_End, 25 May 2018 - 02:16 PM.

s70blackhawk #8 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 21959 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostRighteous_End, on 25 May 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

He was tracked an still not moving.. I was reversing and was already well out of his range, but I keep the view out so I can see what he is doing.. He had started to turn his turret around

straight after I shot him. But when I was back 3/4 to almost half way down the short alley way, I watched his gun co through the corner of the building and kept comeing till it was aimed on me.

No windows just wall so he did not shoot through a window. I just watched his gun going through the building (brick wall) I was like Hell no, he can't then boom I was dead.. Only the nozzel of his

gun was showing though the wall. No tank it was on the other side of the building and had no moved.

Just for correctnessness sake... the end of a barrel is called a muzzle.. not a nozzel. And if it has a funny looking shape on the end, that's the muzzle brake or recoil compensator.

Moving right along... you can't make cheat Hackusations without a replay. So you are wasting your time here.

Usually it's caused by lag. Wassaabi can usually screenshot that moment you got shot, and the trace will show it was actually just before you took cover.

Annoying as hell, but how game lag works... even if you had 30ms ping, there could of been a packet loss.

Could even come down to what Bash_Sh said.. a bug in the wall... Hey I know a song! "Another Bug in the wall." !!!!!!

Edited by s70blackhawk, 25 May 2018 - 02:53 PM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

Zynth #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 24098 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postneokai, on 25 May 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

There are some buildings with open windows or archways that you can shoot through.

Without a replay it's hard to check the issue and follow up.

To add further to the whole confusion. Some buildings you can shoot through windows, some others you cannot.

I remember there was a building in Krakow that I liked to shoot through. Oh and the tiny gaps between buildings on Ruinberg.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles

it could be so many things, you lagging, him lagging, the server laggin. It could be that when his shell hit your tracks you are still in perfect line of fire. There is also as someone said holes in the walls and windows that the shelll can go through.

without replay u shouldnt be concerned about finding an answer to this, the last thing ppl will believe is that it was wallhacks. wallhacks cant work in wot unless the wall is not well modeled, in that case it isnt a wall hack, its a bug, so yah it might also be bugg

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 25 May 2018 - 05:55 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

_EzioAuditore_ #11 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:59 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58203 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Its probably not a cheat since guns in WoT can go through other tanks and buildings. And not sure but I think they can fire too. This sort of thing is based on server side, so no cheating possible, its not like tree down where your cilent makes use of information provided to it that normally is not conveyed to players through the UI.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

DanLBob #12 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23727 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 25 May 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

it could be so many things, you lagging, him lagging, the server laggin. It could be that when his shell hit your tracks you are still in perfect line of fire. There is also as someone said holes in the walls and windows that the shelll can go through.

without replay u shouldnt be concerned about finding an answer to this, the last thing ppl will believe is that it was wallhacks. wallhacks cant work in wot unless the wall is not well modeled, in that case it isnt a wall hack, its a bug, so yah it might also be bugg

It if were hacks then there should be a lot more people complaining about being shot behind cover (by vehicles other than arty)

Dan

AKASHA178 #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:24 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 33479 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
if he use HE he can damage u, when u close to building wall, he will shoot the inner side of the building and u get damaged at other side of it but only happens with a single wall not two walls 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Clerin #14 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:36 AM

Winner Winner chicken Lover

• 23861 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostAKASHA178, on 26 May 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

if he use HE he can damage u, when u close to building wall, he will shoot the inner side of the building and u get damaged at other side of it but only happens with a single wall not two walls 

Ahh explains why I keep getting splash damage from HE Shells. 

neokai #15 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 38501 battles

View PostAKASHA178, on 26 May 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

Unless you go double whammy.

Spoiler

AKASHA178 #16 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Smurfette

• 33479 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostClerin, on 26 May 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

Ahh explains why I keep getting splash damage from HE Shells. 

have u taste Hesh on 183 ? i shoot the tank at back of solid wall but his gun was showing boom 430 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

Clerin #17 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

• 23861 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostAKASHA178, on 26 May 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

have u taste Hesh on 183 ? i shoot the tank at back of solid wall but his gun was showing boom 430 

i always say a little prayer for my possible knocked out  crew when facing it.

basil_liddell_hart #18 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• 33926 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
the hitboxes on buildings are not perfect since the hd maps came out.  Yes it would be nice if players could not turn their turret when the gun will strike a (solid) object.  But thats unlikely to be changed 

AKASHA178 #19 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Smurfette

• 33479 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostClerin, on 26 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

i always say a little prayer for my possible knocked out  crew when facing it.

its so much fun to play with it, sometimes enemy french tanks like bat yolo you to kill you because 183 hp is 7% and boooom one hit the bat 

Clerin #20 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

• 23861 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostAKASHA178, on 27 May 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

its so much fun to play with it, sometimes enemy french tanks like bat yolo you to kill you because 183 hp is 7% and boooom one hit the bat 

I completed my HT 15 for T28HTC cos some played thought AP round was the best. Stalin blessed my side armour and bounced it. He shot me again with AP. Thanks to him doing that I blocked 2.3k damage if he were to use prem or normal HE I would have been in garage raging on how stupid tanks like deathstar and S**TBARN are ruining the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users