MM RNG Luck WNEzz

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

CHAKA24 #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 9700 battles
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS

Hello guys, Ezz and AdrianK made the website of MmRngLuck and stuffs, and... there are many of it.

like mine from this picture or my forum signature:

Enjoy. :great:

About WNEzz

WNEzz is a metric that determines player skill by comparing their 'Reliable Commrade' (RC) and Kamikaze (K) stats. Reliable Commrade is also known as 'Battle Buddie'.

Part of the skill is in keeping the RC count low without getting banned or affecting WR.

Edited by CHAKA24, 25 May 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Zynth #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23652 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

2nd highest WNEzz (for now) reporting.

https://mmrngluck.az...crubometer.aspx

Website in case anybody wants to make their own.

Edited by Zynth, 25 May 2018 - 04:13 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

jumphonner #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• 47346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Mine is too red :bush:

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

Ezz #4 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Just for clarity, all credit for the site and building the metric goes to AdrianK. My input was primarily the inspiration due to ramming lots of stuff and experiencing relatively frequent lag induced friendly fire (especially after i realised the battle buddy award had been introduced).

Side note, i think Aids has it running on a potato so it can be a bit slow generating new sigs when there are a few people hitting the site. I think it's also limited to tracking 100 people so might fill up. I think adrian was going to look at expanding that. Will see if i can find him to expand on all this.

And me...

Edited by Ezz, 25 May 2018 - 04:24 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20405 battles
I should be deep red :P

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

First lieutenant

• 35079 battles

edited. It doesnt matter what was written here. It was not offtopic i guarantee. Keep up the good works guys!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 25 May 2018 - 06:24 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

First lieutenant

• 35079 battles

ops i just tried to edit the comment above to add some missing commas and then all of the sudden the comment disappeared like magic!!!! I saw even foch and skilltu in the list and the website looks pretty..

battle buddies can be farmed using mod that prevent from shooting at allies. I disabled this mod long ago because that mod prevents me from shooting enemies if they are hidden or taking cover behind an ally, one wanting to farm wnezz points may have to disable it too i guess... Also disabled the wreck shot block mod coz of the same reason.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 25 May 2018 - 07:34 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #8 Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20405 battles
Those troll sure will cry alot in forum when team dmg got removed.

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED

MagicalFlyingFox #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28823 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 25 May 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Those troll sure will cry alot in forum when team dmg got removed.

As long as battle buddies are gone with it, meh. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

_HoPeY_ #10 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

Major

• 90684 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF
The stupidity of those wanting to reset BB amazes me. Pathetic.

AdrianK #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

Morally obliged to fire gold

• Beta-Tester
  • 23268 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Hi Folks,

Post your questions here and I'll try an answer them.  In case you're interested...

• I work in IT, I used to be a developer but now I'm less hands-on (Architect).  The only coding I do is in my spare time (and sometimes during particularly boring meetings).
  • Want to contact me?  I'll add some "contact me" info on the MM-RNG-Luck website, otherwise you can PM me.  Note, I'm more active on the forum at wotlabs.
  • Got an idea for the site?  Happy to hear from you, but no promises, ok? 

The Technology:

• The site runs on Microsoft Azure, on my "free" subscription.  As long as the costs remain low I'll keep the site running, but obviously I reserve the right to manage it and the costs it accumulates.  But we're some ways off that for now.  
  • The Azure instance I am using is a "cheap" one - so the spec's will be comparatively low, but it seems to do the job, most page requests are fairly quick, sometimes you'll get a lame one.  
  • One of the longest page loads you'll probably get is when you update the Scrubometer - the reason it's so long is that the update makes 8 API calls to WG servers to get the necessary data; 1 gets basic player info, 1 gets achievement data (RC & K), x 4 for the four regions I support (Asia, EU, NA and RU).  Once the data is in the rest of the processing is relatively fast.
  • The site has a 'catch-all' error page, if you get an error and flicked to the error page, I get the technical details automagically sent to me, so I *should* see it.  That said, I'm always happy to hear from you directly as well - PM me.  

Forum Sigs:

• Your biggest enemy is your browser's cache; your new sig not appearing?  Try clearing your browser's cache: CTRL + F5 (on Windows).
  • The forum signature generation thing is new-ish for me.  It works, but I have noticed that sometimes people sigs just end up as empty images -  I have no idea why.  I'm still getting to grips with the complexities / differences between developing/testing/running it on my computer vs when it runs on Azure.

If you are unable to generate a forum sig, try these steps, in this order:

1. Try again.  
  2. Try again with different settings.
  3. Control refresh and try again.
  4. Logging out and in again is unlikely to have any affect, but you could try.
  5. Waiting a while and trying again might work.
  6. Drop me a PM.  In the meantime I'm going to add some more error logging to the sig generator specifically.

Team Damage:

For the record, my personal stance on WNEzz is that it's a 'fun' metric, not a serious-face metric like WN8.  Therefore, the metric and the site I built for it, is not there to encourage team damage.  WG, please don't ban me.

Data Privacy

•  Most of the data collected is publicly available already, all the site does is bring convenience.  
  • When you register, the API passes back the access-token that WG need if you want to access private information via the API's - such as how much gold you have.  The privacy notices around what data I can access via the API is called out by WG when you go off to their site to login.  I don't do the login or know your password - WG handles all of that.
  • When you register with MM-RNG-Luck you can optionally provide your email address.  At the moment I have no plans for using this, but thought it was a good idea to collect; e.g. one thing I might do is allow you to subscribe to email notifications.
  • I will NEVER release any of your personal data, including your email and private WG data, to ANYONE.
  • In the future I could add functionality to MM-RNG-Luck to pull back your personal info, but I don't have any solid plans to do that in the short-term.

Spoiler - WG Official notices when you confirm login:

Edited by AdrianK, 26 May 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Hope is not a strategy

Pray here to MM, RNG and Luck : http://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

First lieutenant

• 35079 battles

View PostAdrianK, on 26 May 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hi Folks,

Post your questions here and I'll try an answer them.  In case you're interested..

hi i have a question:

is there a way i can see my wnezz stats without loggin in the website? if no, is there any risk related with logging my account to a third party website regarding security or the potential leak of password or login information? I am talking about all third party websites that requires to login with wargaming account, not only yours.

good work on the website!

Hype_ #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Captain

• 7884 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
This is the only form of stats that matters after trees fallen.

The fact I can have my name in comic sans enhances the experience 10 fold.

Edited by Hype_, 26 May 2018 - 07:29 AM.

AdrianK #14 Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 23268 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 26 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

hi i have a question:

is there a way i can see my wnezz stats without loggin in the website? if no, is there any risk related with logging my account to a third party website regarding security or the potential leak of password or login information? I am talking about all third party websites that requires to login with wargaming account, not only yours.

good work on the website!

You don't need to login to see your stats, but you will need to login to update them.

Is there any risk?  Well, when you go to login you'll get the notices (on the WG page), which I've included above in the spoiler.  The only data anyone like me will get access to, if you login to their site/app, is the data listed in those notices.  So the risk is really around how comfortable you are in people potentially sharing any of that.

In terms of "can they hack my account" type risk, I'd think it was on the low-side, you're more likely to be hacked via social engineering.  That's because third party sites/apps like MM-RNG-Luck do not get any chance to see your login info, because the process is basically this: 

1. You click on "Login" on the MM-RNG-Luck site, it sends a request to the WG server.
  2. The WG server displays you it's own login / confirmation screen. 
  3. You login/confirm to the WG server directly, if successful it generates a login token and sends you back to the site you came from (MM-RNG-Luck).
  4. When that happens, MM-RNG-Luck also gets some data which it will only get if you've successfully logged in: your account id, nickname, access token and when it expires.

If a third party site requests your username and password - rather than what is unmistakably the WG website - do not trust it.

Hope is not a strategy

NameWasStolenStresslevel #15 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

First lieutenant

• 35079 battles

View PostAdrianK, on 26 May 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

You don't need to login to see your stats, but you will need to login to update them.

Is there any risk?  Well, when you go to login you'll get the notices (on the WG page), which I've included above in the spoiler.  The only data anyone like me will get access to, if you login to their site/app, is the data listed in those notices.  So the risk is really around how comfortable you are in people potentially sharing any of that.

In terms of "can they hack my account" type risk, I'd think it was on the low-side, you're more likely to be hacked via social engineering.  That's because third party sites/apps like MM-RNG-Luck do not get any chance to see your login info, because the process is basically this: 

1. You click on "Login" on the MM-RNG-Luck site, it sends a request to the WG server.
  2. The WG server displays you it's own login / confirmation screen. 
  3. You login/confirm to the WG server directly, if successful it generates a login token and sends you back to the site you came from (MM-RNG-Luck).
  4. When that happens, MM-RNG-Luck also gets some data which it will only get if you've successfully logged in: your account id, nickname, access token and when it expires.

If a third party site requests your username and password - rather than what is unmistakably the WG website - do not trust it.

wow very interesting, thank you for the info!!! im going to check my stats later then after the relief information.

DanLBob #16 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23297 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Hmm. I think I broke it.

Dan

MagicalFlyingFox #17 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28823 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That's some interesting stats you have there Dan. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

AdrianK #18 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 23268 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDanLBob, on 26 May 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hmm. I think I broke it.

Dan

Ahhh!  Thanks Dan, I saw you had some errors come through but I couldn't see what was going on.

Try it now.  

Basically you had registered, but hadn't done the update to fetch your WNEzz score.  I've done that now so you *should* be good to go.

Hope is not a strategy

Ezz #19 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Just quietly these sigs could be the new tank barbie.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Wodka_Warrior #20 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17424 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

Good for a larf innit?

Well done youse two.

Also tagged with MM, RNG, Luck, WNEzz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users