Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Pictish #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:25 AM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

Matchmaking is total $#%%%#@

In pretty well 90% of games you can look at the relative experience of players in each team and pick the winner before the battle has even started

Just played a game 1 green v 1 blue and 5 green - result 2-15 Surprise? no, just a waste of time for everyone

Played a series of games the other day in tier X where we were waaaaaay outmatched on experience every time. results - 0-15, 3-15, 0-15

Explain how I am meant to enjoy that when my own skill matters nothing in the context of those around me and against me

The tanks in the battle make no difference what makes the difference is who is driving them

When oh when will WG acknowledge this?

For their bottom line I am playing tanks less and less because of this and as a result I am spending less and less. I am sure I cannot be the only one

EDIT - Just played a tier 8 game where we had 2 Blues, 1 Green, 8 yellow and ZERO REDS, They had 0 Blue, 1 Green, 4 Yellow and SIX REDS - I will let you guess who won that one

Edited by Pictish, 28 May 2018 - 05:43 AM.

Clerin #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

Winner Winner chicken Lover

• 23861 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostPictish, on 28 May 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

In pretty well 90% of games you can look at the relative experience of players in each team and pick the winner before the battle has even started

Just played a game 1 green v 1 blue and 5 green - result 2-15 Surprise? no, just a waste of time for everyone

Played a series of games the other day in tier X where we were waaaaaay outmatched on experience every time. results 

EDIT - Just played a tier 8 game where we had 2 Blues, 1 Green, 8 yellow and ZERO REDS, They had 0 Blue, 1 Green, 4 Yellow and SIX REDS - I will let you guess who won that one

The one with the reds.

Pictish #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View PostClerin, on 27 May 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

The one with the reds.

Close lol they came second and got the silver though :medal:

Edited by Pictish, 28 May 2018 - 08:36 AM.

_EzioAuditore_ #4 Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58203 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Firstly xvm doesn't show their recents. I know some green players who had superunicum recents, they are going to outplay everyone who is teal and below. Not to mention that the weaker team can win if they play well together.
On the other hand the better you play, the better your stats will be and thus obviously you will be winning more (which means you will be on the side with better players more often because of yourself).

So stop complaining and better yourself. MM doesn't take into account player skill anyway, it just dumps tanks of tier and type in.

Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 28 May 2018 - 09:04 AM.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Hype_ #5 Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8198 battles
  • [CHE] CHE
Use this as motivation to get better and become the reason that your team wins :medal:

Edited by Hype_, 28 May 2018 - 09:08 AM.

Pictish #6 Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 28 May 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Firstly xvm doesn't show their recents. I know some green players who had superunicum recents, they are going to outplay everyone who is teal and below. Not to mention that the weaker team can win if they play well together.
On the other hand the better you play, the better your stats will be and thus obviously you will be winning more (which means you will be on the side with better players more often because of yourself).

So stop complaining and better yourself. MM doesn't take into account player skill anyway, it just dumps tanks of tier and type in.

Complete rubbish

The weaker team in these match ups don't stand a snow ball's chance in hell no matter how well they play because even if they do play their best games ever that still isn't good enough to beat an over-matched team playing below average

I am not talking about marginally better teams I am talking about ridiculously better ones hence the scores I posted

I know MM doesn't take consideration of player skill - That is my point !!!

Pictish #7 Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View PostHype_, on 28 May 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Use this as motivation to get better and become the reason that your team wins :medal:

I always try to get better but as I said in the OP it doesn't matter how well I play I could have my best game ever and in these match ups my team will still lose

NameWasStolenStresslevel #8 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles

View PostPictish, on 28 May 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Played a series of games the other day in tier X where we were waaaaaay outmatched on experience every time. results - 0-15, 3-15, 0-15

Explain how I am meant to enjoy that when my own skill matters nothing in the context of those around me and against me

The tanks in the battle make no difference what makes the difference is who is driving them

For their bottom line I am playing tanks less and less because of this and as a result I am spending less and less. I am sure I cannot be the only one

this is not the rule, although its mathematically or statistically higher chance of winning/losing depending on individual player statistic across the team, there are many other  factors that define the outcome of a battle.

I have won an uncountable number of battles against blues and even unicums and even platoons of them while being the only green on the team. Most of the time when i won against skilled players, i only come to notice i am the only green in the team by the end of the battle. The less you pay attention for it, the better it will be. Getting kills is very important when you team seems to be statistically unlikely to deal dmg/kills to enemy team.

Also there is the recent stats factor that XVM doesnt show, and there are also the blue and unicuns on the enemy team that are just low tier unicuns, so if u are fighting them in higher tiers u know that they arent that threat at all.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 May 2018 - 10:30 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

jumphonner #9 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

First lieutenant

• 48427 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostPictish, on 28 May 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Congratulations. You have made The Blacklist

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

Pictish #10 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View Postjumphonner, on 28 May 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

Congratulations. You have made The Blacklist

eh?

jumphonner #11 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 48427 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostPictish, on 28 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

eh?

The Blacklist.

You know, the black list of players that WG trolls incessantly with sub par MM like you have described in your original post.

Discussed in detail here: http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/79854-convinced-there-is-a-blacklist/page__p__1728732#entry1728732

I was on it last week. I had a 13 game losing streak. It all happened about the time I went pinko with my signature.

What did you do to get on it?

Edited by jumphonner, 28 May 2018 - 11:55 AM.

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

CelestiaLudenberg #12 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• 18154 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostPictish, on 28 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Complete rubbish

The weaker team in these match ups don't stand a snow ball's chance in hell no matter how well they play because even if they do play their best games ever that still isn't good enough to beat an over-matched team playing below average

I am not talking about marginally better teams I am talking about ridiculously better ones hence the scores I posted

I know MM doesn't take consideration of player skill - That is my point !!!

Another classic case of a pubbie believing that they know better than the players who know how to sway battles in their favor and as a result have good stats.

How's about you actually listen to the good players rather than think we are just talking shit.

If what we say is not true, then how do we do so well at the game? Oh that's right, it's because it is true. 

If you do refuse to learn from what we tell you, then please refrain from plaguing the forums any further.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Pictish #13 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 28 May 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Another classic case of a pubbie believing that they know better than the players who know how to sway battles in their favor and as a result have good stats.

How's about you actually listen to the good players rather than think we are just talking shit.

If what we say is not true, then how do we do so well at the game? Oh that's right, it's because it is true. 

If you do refuse to learn from what we tell you, then please refrain from plaguing the forums any further.

What the hell has your rant got to do with subject at hand or are you just a unicum troller?

Please stay away unless you have something to say that pertains to the subject of the thread

Arrogant much?

Edited by Pictish, 28 May 2018 - 01:37 PM.

Pictish #14 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View Postjumphonner, on 28 May 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

The Blacklist.

You know, the black list of players that WG trolls incessantly with sub par MM like you have described in your original post.

Discussed in detail here: http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/79854-convinced-there-is-a-blacklist/page__p__1728732#entry1728732

I was on it last week. I had a 13 game losing streak. It all happened about the time I went pinko with my signature.

What did you do to get on it?

Who would know but there's a fair chance i am on it for tier X games today I can tell you. Another 5-15 flogging to a totally mismatched side

CelestiaLudenberg #15 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• 18154 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Your lack of experience in the use of the forums is very apparent.

Yes, the matchmaking is not perfect, it is far from. Either way, literally every player has to deal with it and we still are able to overcome the supposed imbalance. 

Basically the way to look at the matchmaking system is that 33% of games are a guaranteed loss, 33% of games are a guaranteed win and the remaining 33% hang in the balance and it is up to you to sway them in your favor. 

That is where what I said in my prior post comes in to play, you clearly do not have much interest in bettering yourself through listening to us, so don't complain about losses if you aren't willing to put the work in yourself.

Edited by CelestiaLudenberg, 28 May 2018 - 02:11 PM.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Pictish #16 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 28 May 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Your lack of experience in the use of the forums is very apparent.

Yes, the matchmaking is not perfect, it is far from. Either way, literally every player has to deal with it and we still are able to overcome the supposed imbalance. 

Basically the way to look at the matchmaking system is that 33% of games are a guaranteed loss, 33% of games are a guaranteed win and the remaining 33% hang in the balance and it is up to you to sway them in your favor. 

That is where what I said in my prior post comes in to play, you clearly do not have much interest in bettering yourself through listening to us, so don't complain about losses if you aren't willing to put the work in yourself.

I am not here to better myself I am here to state my opinion on the matchmaking as I was told to do in the ticket I submitted to wargaming about this. So please skip the holier than thou act if you have nothing to contribute

This thread is intended purely to express my opinion that the current method of matchmaking is unfair and takes away from the enjoyment of the game

Just played tier X another total mismatch that meant us losing 2-15 in UNDER 4:30 - who's having fun there?

Mystblade #17 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11605 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

My Honest to god opinion? 

Turn of XVM and focus on your own game play.. Ever since I started doing that I have been playing so much better (most of the time) in myself. 
Still not winning everygame but most games come down fairly close. But of course you still get the odd steamroll. But I bet you don't realise how many time you steam roll over the enemy either.

spacewolf #18 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 69046 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Firstly, turn off xvm.

Second, and this is probably the most impactful statement about this game you can read:
30% of the games you'll win.

30% you'll lose.

30% your result is directly proportional to your contribution.

The last 30% is where you need to focus your energy. Everything else is landscape - but do try to do as much as possible in the other 60%...

Pictish #19 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

Corporal

• 51343 battles

Thanks guys for you input it is appreciated and yes I agree that will help handle the current situation.

My point here is that the current system of matchmaking could be improved if the XVM ratings of the players were taking into consideration

I put a ticket in to WG to give my thoughts and they said thanks they would pass it on to....... but I should open a thread here on the forums about it which is what I have done

_EzioAuditore_ #20 Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58203 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
You do realise skill based MM has already been thought of, debated and often discarded in many threads. The same thing that keeps popping up is that it doesn't reward players for playing well and then wr of all players will tend to 50% (or 49% etc with draws). If you put a 44%-er vs a 44%-er they are both going to win half the time, same thing when you take a 60%-er vs 60%-er. We already have "skill" based MM in clan wars, and some measure of it in tournaments and apac league. Random battles rely on your own skill. There's nothing to stop someone just driving around in circles and farming exp to get to higher tiers since no matter how bad he plays he still will average a win every other game.

The point about lopsided teams is that once a team loses one tank it is far easier to lose another, advantage of numbers/terrain is something that has been well known as a major factor in wars for ages. I have been killed countless times by weaker players who rushed me at the same time leaving with me with no chance to outplay them, enemy having better players is not a autowin, even the best players on this server rarely go above 70% wr (and that is in a platoon of 3). Which means that even against a triple superunicum platoon you have a 3/10 chance of winning, which isn't much of a difference from 5/10 if you are an average player. Consequently, the better you are, the better your team has chance of winning, if you are a 60%-er instead of a 50%, you win more due to carrying them even if statistically your team has weaker players than the enemy, your own stats can skew it in favour of your team. And I already have mentioned about recents, I don't give a [edited] if there's a superunicum on the enemy team or even someone with 4k recents, I just try to play my best and I usually can win 60%-70% goofing with friends, or close to 60% when soloing(before i was away at any rate, rn grinding low tiers and i cbf to play them properly).

Play better every match>your winrate and other stats go up>your team is statically better than average due to your own stats.
XVM is stupid anyway.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users