Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

JOC469 #21 Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 67759 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

As a 49%er you aren’t having that much of a positive impact on your teams chances as you think.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

s70blackhawk #22 Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 21959 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

Another thread on this?? Really?

Step 1.  Uninstall XVM... WN8 is not the be all and end all of a players skills base. Look at an LT that does 5K spotting damage, but 0 Damage... WN8 of ZERO!!!! Really? you think they didn't do a good job?

Step 2. Get Gud.... :facepalm: 

Step 3. Didnt' get Gud? Play something else and stop complaining about a topic that has been around and around the roundabout for many years... It's great! and no one can hurt you with pixel tanks anymore....

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

Pictish #23 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Corporal

• 51182 battles

I have to say I am disappointed that me creating a thread to express my personal opinion on matchmaking has turned into personal attacks on myself and my skill level

Yes I know this matter has been raised before but surely that doesn't or shouldn't prevent me from expressing my opinion about it without being vilified for my ability to play the game

How about just limiting comments to the topic?

If you think the current Matchmaking is fair then say so and why

If you do not believe it is fair then say so and how you think it could be better

This is to provide feedback to WG that they either have it right or they should be heeding player feedback and looking to do it better

CelestiaLudenberg #24 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• 18154 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

The matchmaking whilst not balanced per se, it is balanced in a way that literally every player is subject to its shortcomings and there are no ways of avoiding it.

I am at just as much of a disadvantage due to matchmaking as you are, same goes for anyone else, it is just that for me it has gotten to the point where I simply don't care and focus more on doing my best in the battle as I know that if I play right, I can overcome the imbalance.

Focus less on the matchmaking and more on how you play, you'll notice your win % go up.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Ezz #25 Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
SBMM would need a mechanism to boost rewards for good players and reduce for bads to help retain the incentive to get good / not bot. Eg goods get double xp and credits vs average players who get double vs bads. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CaptainNoch_01 #26 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Sergeant

• 19386 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

The less you care about who is in your team and more about what you should do in the game, the higher your chance of winning and playing better than crying on forums that you installed XVM which to be honest, is like rubbish salt and alchohol in a wound.

I think I remember daki from EU posing a video on youtube where a 47%er in an E4 led them to victory by being active and relevant in the game. Red players are not always the cause of defeat. I've seen unicums being over aggressive and throwing off the game early.

Edited by CaptainNoch_01, 30 May 2018 - 10:52 AM.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

ChiliMan #27 Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Corporal

• 6695 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 28 May 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Firstly xvm doesn't show their recents. I know some green players who had superunicum recents, they are going to outplay everyone who is teal and below. Not to mention that the weaker team can win if they play well together.
On the other hand the better you play, the better your stats will be and thus obviously you will be winning more (which means you will be on the side with better players more often because of yourself).

So stop complaining and better yourself. MM doesn't take into account player skill anyway, it just dumps tanks of tier and type in.

4574 posts and this is what you come up with? Surely your last sentence proves that MM is just that — crap! How can I be in a team with all red while the other team has two blues? Easy because matchmaking is rubbish.

Ezz #28 Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostChiliMan, on 07 June 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

4574 posts and this is what you come up with? Surely your last sentence proves that MM is just that — crap! How can I be in a team with all red while the other team has two blues? Easy because matchmaking is rubbish.

Easy, because it's random. That's the beauty of randomness - it allows for player ability to influence outcomes. If there was a SBMM the result itself would be more random and player skill would matter less.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ChiliMan #29 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

Corporal

• 6695 battles

View PostEzz, on 07 June 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

Easy, because it's random. That's the beauty of randomness - it allows for player ability to influence outcomes. If there was a SBMM the result itself would be more random and player skill would matter less.

Surely you're not serious? As I keep saying and you people who seem to live on the forum fail to understand is that the MM is crap. Do you honestly think that everyone who is in a team below the level of 50% has the ability or the inclination to play at their best? Of course they don't and because matchmaking is so random the results in most cases are appalling.  

Ezz #30 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostChiliMan, on 07 June 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Do you honestly think that everyone who is in a team below the level of 50% has the ability or the inclination to play at their best?

Obviously not, that's why they are sub 50%ers.

View PostChiliMan, on 07 June 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Of course they don't and because matchmaking is so random the results in most cases are appalling.  

So you're saying they don't have the ability and get appalling results, and that's a bad thing? Seems like that means MM is working. Goods should win more, bads should lose more. That's the basic framework of any competitive game.

MagicalFlyingFox #31 Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 29825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The bad thing about MM has never been the players it allocates to each side, its always in the template. 

The players don't matter because the players are all completely random. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users