• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

wasaabi #41 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postsoutherner, on 02 June 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

So that means WG cannot force this new eula on us players in Australia and New Zealand then wasabi ? So we dont  get our PMM tanks molested then ?

I wouldn't' say that, however it reinforces that your rights as a consumer and the remedies available to you under your local laws can not be overridden by terms of the EULA. 

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

southerner #42 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

I wouldn't' say that, however it reinforces that your rights as a consumer and the remedies available to you under your local laws can not be overridden by terms of the EULA. 

Hmm okay i will make sure that i read the new eula and ToS when it comes out 15th june. If the wording says that i give up rights of ownership on my pmm tanks then i probably wont sign and see how everything pans out with WoT customers word wide before I do anything else. I guess I will have to read up on NZ consumer rights laws

Edited by southerner, 02 June 2018 - 03:59 PM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

FramFramson #43 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Major

• 35235 battles
Man, I wonder what EULA I'll even be sent... Never bothered to check what region it was before!

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

MagicalFlyingFox #44 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

This information was emailed to players on April 27 including an updated privacy policy in line with the new EU regulations to take effect on May 25.  As noted in the email there is a separate EULA for Australia and New Zealand to reference directly the Consumer protection laws in those countries.

Ahem.

These changes have gone much much much more further than keeping it in line with the new EU regulations. Those are specifically on the new privacy laws that have passed in the EU, and I'm 100% sure warranties and what you own from your account wasn't in the EU privacy laws, nor was any of this:

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

9.3.7 except as expressly permitted in this EULA, you shall not rent, lease, reproduce, modify, translate the Fansite Content, or make an adaptation of (including without limitation fiction or visual art), or in any way exploit, any of the Content without our express written permission;

Frankly, i call BS to what you have said, it looks like you haven't even read the contents of this thread let alone the EULAs. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

J_A_Potato #45 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• 22654 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

On a note, while I do recognise the term "disparaging", meant "expressing the opinion that something is of little worth; in a derogatory tone."; I am also aware that one can choose to interpret something as disparaging could based on where they are from. i.e. in certain countries on this planet, any negative feedback about anything not toeing the political-elite/corporate-high-management's stance is considered an insult or a disparaging remark.

I am pretty sure it's well known in the games industry, that players have great emotional and financial investments in their accounts. This point in the EULA could simply be used to stifle dissent and dissatisfaction among the player-base, with the threat of deleting the dissenting player's account(s). Therefore, I consider this clause in the upcoming EULA as; emotional blackmail to stifle expression.

Since my country does not have that kind of consumer protection laws regarding digital goods being changed without consent.. The consumer will have to take matters into their hands. I will be sure to let my friends and relatives know about this matter now even when they do not visit the forums or fully read the EULA (it's well-known that ppls just click through) . I do know some who are intending to transit from free-to-play to paying (i.e.buying some digital goods, as stated in the EULA, which may be modified without consent) and would prefer, to be fully informed. Section 9 of the upcoming EULA does not encompass WG's goodwill gained/lost in real life/external or non-WG forum interactions, only on fan-sites.

On a scale of 1 to 10 on WG's previous survey where 10 is I will introduce this game to friends & family, it's therefore changed from 3 to 1 (more like -\infty, avoid like the plague).

*wobble* *wobble*

wasaabi #46 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 June 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ahem.

These changes have gone much much much more further than keeping it in line with the new EU regulations. Those are specifically on the new privacy laws that have passed in the EU, and I'm 100% sure warranties and what you own from your account wasn't in the EU privacy laws, nor was any of this:

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

9.3.7 except as expressly permitted in this EULA, you shall not rent, lease, reproduce, modify, translate the Fansite Content, or make an adaptation of (including without limitation fiction or visual art), or in any way exploit, any of the Content without our express written permission;

Frankly, i call BS to what you have said, it looks like you haven't even read the contents of this thread let alone the EULAs. 

If you read what I wrote I said that a new privacy policy was included in the email, not the EULA. Seeing as you don't understand what was written, the privacy policy that came into effect on May 25 as at the following link http://legal.asia.wargaming.net/en/privacy-and-cookie-policy/

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #47 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

If you read what I wrote I said that a new privacy policy was included in the email, not the EULA. Seeing as you don't understand what was written, the privacy policy that came into effect on May 25 as at the following link http://legal.asia.wargaming.net/en/privacy-and-cookie-policy/

so can we report you for off topic because that clearly is off topic. 

Laserdisc #48 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

First lieutenant

• 11167 battles

View Postsoutherner, on 02 June 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

So that means WG cannot force this new eula on us players in Australia and New Zealand then wasabi ? So we dont  get our PMM tanks molested then ?

As long as ANZ plays in the same game client as Asia, any changes to the game would extend to ANZ server.

To really know whether WG will be able to change paid "goods"(premium tanks) with the consumer having no say in it would be when it happens and the consumer(s) affected take it to a court of law.

MagicalFlyingFox #49 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

There is a ANZ specific EULA, I brought up the differences earlier on. Basically it allows us ANZ players to ask for a full refund if they mess with premium MM. 

wasaabi #50 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 June 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

so can we report you for off topic because that clearly is off topic. 

You questioned the privacy policy statement and that is all you can come back with?

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

wasaabi #51 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 June 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

There is a ANZ specific EULA, I brought up the differences earlier on. Basically it allows us ANZ players to ask for a full refund if they mess with premium MM. 

It doesn't really matter what the issue is, your remedy under the consumer law is to ask for a refund.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #52 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

You questioned the privacy policy statement and that is all you can come back with?

Tell me how a privacy policy statement is relevant to a discussion on the EULA. 

MagicalFlyingFox #53 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

It doesn't really matter what the issue is, your remedy under the consumer law is to ask for a refund.

I know, WG have the ASIA/NA one to cover places where consumer law is not as strong as ours. 

Law will override the EULA anyway, so in an attempt to validate everything else, they will just make one for us without those bits. 

wasaabi #54 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Tell me how a privacy policy statement is relevant to a discussion on the EULA. 

It was mentioned as included in the email that announced the EULA

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Muds_Revenge #55 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 31635 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

The changes that are suggested as being applied to the NA EULA would also allow WG to continue to sell "loot boxes" and promote "gambling" within their online games, as a form of cash flow generation.

This is because all players using their games after the date June 15 or whatever will all have agreed they don't own anything.

You cannot gamble for something you don't own.

All future marketing strategies and campaigns would be free to continue without interference from individual countries' legal jurisdiction.

In this way, WG are seeking to protect themselves so they can continue to "sell" their economies to players in "events" and "competitions" and the like.

However, any words that suggest trade, purchase, selling or ownership of anything, become null and void.

Perhaps "loot boxes" and "online gambling" is about to become a very big Bill in the House before the Senate, in the USA, and WG are preemptive striking.

Unfortunately it leaves a player with no recourse, should they find themselves (speaking hypothetically here) banned for illegal mod use, yet they didn't use any mods.

*Disclaimer: I do not know any player who has irrefutable evidence that they were banned for illegal mod use, while not actually having used an illegal mod. I do not know of any illegal mods, I have not seen irrefutable evidence of this, I have however seen the WG fairplay policy which states there are routine and reasonable steps taken by them, to ensure their product remains in fair use. I must emphasis the no recourse example is purely hypothetical and an example of an example for an example. For example: a player may now lose their account permanently for theoretically damaging the goodwill of any WG product, if deemed potentially damaging by WG themselves.

We are going to need the opportunity to self impose bans on forums. You know that right?.

Edited by Muds_Revenge, 02 June 2018 - 04:51 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #56 Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 02 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

It was mentioned as included in the email that announced the EULA

Interestingly enough, i have not received any email. 

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 02 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

The changes that are suggested as being applied to the NA EULA would also allow WG to continue to sell "loot boxes" and promote "gambling" within their online games, as a form of cash flow generation.

This is because all players using their games after the date June 15 or whatever will all have agreed they don't own anything.

You cannot gamble for something you don't own.

All future marketing strategies and campaigns would be free to continue without interference from individual countries' legal jurisdiction.

In this way, WG are seeking to protect themselves so they can continue to "sell" their economies to players in "events" and "competitions" and the like.

However, any words that suggest trade, purchase, selling or ownership of anything, become null and void.

Perhaps "loot boxes" and "online gambling" is about to become a very big Bill in the House before the Senate, in the USA, and WG are preemptive striking.

Unfortunately it leaves a player with no recourse, should they find themselves (speaking hypothetically here) banned for illegal mod use, yet they didn't use any mods.

*Disclaimer: I do not know any player who has irrefutable evidence that they were banned for illegal mod use, while not actually having used an illegal mod. I do not know of any illegal mods, I have not seen irrefutable evidence of this, I have however seen the WG fairplay policy which states there are routine and reasonable steps taken by them, to ensure their product remains in fair use. I must emphasis the no recourse example is purely hypothetical and an example of an example for an example. For example: a player may now lose their account permanently for theoretically damaging the goodwill of any WG product, if deemed potentially damaging by WG themselves.

We are going to need the opportunity to self impose bans on forums. You know that right?.

The ANZ EULA doesn't seem to mention this whereas the ASIA one does, so doing so (loot boxes in that form) here would be impossible. 

ksthegreat91 #57 Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• 8819 battles

Ohhh mannnn, I knew I should've ordered some popcorn tonight.

Edit: just kidding x__x

Edited by ksthegreat91, 02 June 2018 - 05:38 PM.

SaltyBob_ #58 Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
All I see is a new Company evolving from WG and or A New Tank Game ....... which I think is what they want.    :honoring:

Ezz #59 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60926 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postksthegreat91, on 02 June 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Ohhh mannnn, I knew I should've ordered some popcorn tonight.

Edit: just kidding x__x

It's honestly not that exciting. Basically at this point most of what WG has been putting out recently has been very polarising. I doubt anyone will suddenly change their views based on this.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ksthegreat91 #60 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

Corporal

• 8819 battles

View PostEzz, on 02 June 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

It's honestly not that exciting. Basically at this point most of what WG has been putting out recently has been very polarising. I doubt anyone will suddenly change their views based on this.

I returned roughly 6months ago.

By this point, I'm seeing more and more barriers between me and new Premium tanks.

They had a good thing going with FL, then some wording error from PPMM just power slammed that goodwill down.

Now this.

Edited by ksthegreat91, 02 June 2018 - 06:13 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users