Tier 6 CW. Y/N

giggle this again purple reroll easy 70% man people facebooks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier 6 CW? (105 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should we bring back the Tier 6 CW.

1. Yes (31 votes [29.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.52%

2. No (74 votes [70.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.48%

Vote Hide poll

HoPeY_ #401 Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Major

• 102636 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
I voted no cause the poll doesn't work here so no point in having it. Perhaps WG could put the poll in one of their in game question things to gauge what the majority of users actually want. Nothing like finding out what your clients actually want :)

Edited by Manofthepeople, 05 June 2018 - 05:00 PM.

DiggityMacDiggFace #402 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 55618 battles

View PostManofthepeople, on 05 June 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I voted no cause the poll doesn't work here so no point in having it. Perhaps WG could put the poll in one of their in game question things to gauge what the majority of users actually want.

Wow .. logic much Hopey??

HoPeY_ #403 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• 102636 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Asking what your client wants is bad?

JOC469 #404 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles

View PostManofthepeople, on 05 June 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Blah Blah Blah ad nauseum I'ma gonna block you

From WG directly:

WG Block Quote

Our vision was to create the Global Map as a massive strategic companion to World of Tanks that is played on the current world political map by commanders of clans.

We later translated this vision into an online battle arena where players fight in a 15 vs. 15 format. Additionally, we wanted to offer visible and substantial rewards to the top clans including land provinces, which can be captured and utilized to produce income for clan members.

WG Block Quote

How we decided to create Strongholds:

1. The Global Map is high-level, end-game content designed for top-players and can exclude lower level playersAs our research has shown, players usually join a clan after completing a few hundred battles and unlocking level 5 or 6 tanks. To satisfy further interest in the game, we should allow players to join clan battles and participate in special exclusive content.

JOC469 #405 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles

View PostManofthepeople, on 05 June 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

I voted no cause the poll doesn't work here so no point in having it. Perhaps WG could put the poll in one of their in game question things to gauge what the majority of users actually want. Nothing like finding out what your clients actually want :)

So the poll doesn't work on the official WG forum because it has 100+ responses and doesn't give the answer he wants.

Poll on an unofficial FB page with less than 100 response is valid because it does.

Napalmer #406 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49040 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostManofthepeople, on 05 June 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

And what would you consider to be a fair poll? Questioning thousands of players who don't even know what clan wars is?

The forums is a place where (mostly) active players can voice their opinions. How is that not valid?

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

OutCom #407 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

Own all the accounts

• 22956 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

ofc it'd be unwritten that WG wants more player at 10s, but that's how they can rake in the profits. If you think about it, at Tier 10, almost everyone is rocking premium consumables, premium ammo, and premium accounts. With Tier 10 economy being devastating on the average player, they'd have to spend money to keep the boat afloat and the ship sailing. 

With regards to learning maps, not going to lie, but at Tier 6's it's quite literally find the shortest path to the enemy base and rush it with the fastest and highest dpm tanks you can get. Tier 8s and 10s require more awareness towards where you're going to go, because being a gun down in 10s is a lot more forgiving than being a gun down at Tier 6. Tier 6 strategies are also quite different from 8's and 10s, where a lot more caution is thrown to the wind and care is taken towards sticking together. I haven't called for a solid 2 and a half years, but calling 6s is really just pinging the map and saying all go here and rush and kill everything. 8s and 10s you can't just go everyone go here and rush and kill, because the killing part takes relatively longer than in an equivalent Tier 6 game, and this extra time lets the enemy flank around unprotected flanks.

Towards training callers, as I have mentioned before Tier 8 and 10 strategies and play styles are vastly different from Tier 6s. This is like whether you want civil engineer going into a mechanical job or to train a mechanical engineer to go into an engineering job. They're both trained engineers, but one has more solid foundations and knowledge of the job than the other. Similar case wither Tier 6 transitioning to Tier 8 and 10. It is easier and more worthwhile to train a caller at Tier 8 and get them up to 10 than it is to train a caller at 6 and have them go to 8s and 10s. Training a caller at Tier 8 or 10 forces them to learn, whereas Tier 6 is quite literally, hey I spotted something, every go kill it and then cap.

Many players only enjoy tier 6 because its inside their comfort zone and really only requires the ability to press WASD and right click and left click. It doesn't encourage players to step out of the comfort zone and improve. It doesn't encourage them to move up towards 8s, where mistakes are a lot less forgiving. To improve, players need to be pushed outside their comfort zone, and Tier 6 just doesn't offer that same encouragement Tier 8s and 10s do. At tier 8, even if you're feeling comfortable, you're not going to win games more than even 50% of the time using the same strategies over and over. At tier 6's, the general consensus of rushing the enemy seems to be better than actually planning strategies. 

All these ultimately lead to the difference of the tanks available at each tier, with the discrepancy of stats growing as you tend towards tier 10. Why? Well, at tier 6, the fast tanks all have generally the same speed and dpm with the right guns, with about the same camo and play styles. When you hop to 8s, You have tanks with more bias towards camo, dpm, dps, armour etc. These discrepancies are even more evident at tier 10, with invisible tanks like the T-100 LT, super heavy medium light tank destroyers like the Bobject 268v4, armoured medium tanks like the 907, tanks with depression like the M48, and actual armoured tanks like Maus' E-100s, Type 5's. 

So TL;DR?

-> Standard deviation of tank stats at tier 6 is much lower than at tier 8 and 10

-> Tier 6 CW consists 80% rush, and still maintain high WR. Can't do the same in 8 or 10

-> Well not worth effort to train a caller from 6 and then retrain at 8 to be viable to call 10s.

-> Tier 6 isn't going to challenge and encourage players to step outside their comfort zone

-> You rarely use the full map in Tier 6 CW, whereas at Tier 8 and 10, you tend to take advantage of every possible route

Nao to dinner

My accounts: er.... half of kac?

2MoE tanks: idfk, ask the others in kac who probably have a better idea than me

3MoE tanks: I'm a poor boi and 3 marking is actual soul destroying

Anti-stat padding is better than stat padding because at least then artillery won't go for you

AHB_Centurion #408 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 30218 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

I see no point in this thread continuing.

Mobius is aware of and has been reading the discussion.

However we are now in a never ending spiral that isn't going anywhere other than to create pointless forum reports

Thread closed

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 05 June 2018 - 05:19 PM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users