Jump to content


Too long to wait for games


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

camdy #21 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 24321 battles
  • 605
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

wait people have real lives during the day,lies i say :D

 

the Elefant in the room is the ANZ player base has never been as big as some seem to claim it is and peak time has always been in the evening.

 

the only way to get a game with 400 players on the server within 1min would be to take out the +2/-2 tier lock.do we really want to see a loltractor back playing with T10's,do you really want more TK'ing? i feel that would drive more players to leave.

 

and on a side note i've never seen 100 in queue with 400 on the server so makes me wonder if the OP is telling the true.

 



BrutalOlyx #22 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27888 battles
  • 262
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

View PostFramFramson, on 05 June 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

So, uh, how long before WG Asia declares the ANZ server to not be worth the money spent keeping it up?

 

That's loser talk. In Australia alone, there is 1.5 million males between the ages of 10 - 19, a many more than that that are older. WOT attracts a lot of older players too. That is a big market to target.

 

There is no problems, only solutions.

 

In this case. have limited tier matchups until 6pm AEST. Tier 6 and tier8 only, same tier matchups with teams as small as 10vs10 if need be.

 

Code it in the same way frontline is coded where only tier6 and tier8 tanks are available to choose, with a message stating something like 'the server is currently in low population mode and only tier6 and tier8 tanks may be chosen"

 

You will find a lot of players will migrate back to the AUS server during that time to take advantage of the same tier matchups, and spawning a game will never again be problem again. Problem solved, easy to implement, they need to stop wasting time and just do it..

 

The product is excellent, and the game should be growing.



Ezz #23 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 61413 battles
  • 34,784
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
The issue brutal is the company responsible for implementing the solutions is the one causing the problems. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


ksthegreat91 #24 Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 9385 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostEzz, on 06 June 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

The issue brutal is the company responsible for implementing the solutions is the one causing the problems. 

 

Thats brutal.

camdy #25 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 24321 battles
  • 605
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 06 June 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

 

That's loser talk. In Australia alone, there is 1.5 million males between the ages of 10 - 19, a many more than that that are older. WOT attracts a lot of older players too. That is a big market to target.

 

There is no problems, only solutions.

 

In this case. have limited tier matchups until 6pm AEST. Tier 6 and tier8 only, same tier matchups with teams as small as 10vs10 if need be.

 

Code it in the same way frontline is coded where only tier6 and tier8 tanks are available to choose, with a message stating something like 'the server is currently in low population mode and only tier6 and tier8 tanks may be chosen"

 

You will find a lot of players will migrate back to the AUS server during that time to take advantage of the same tier matchups, and spawning a game will never again be problem again. Problem solved, easy to implement, they need to stop wasting time and just do it..

 

The product is excellent, and the game should be growing.

 

 

take out about 400,000 that live below the poverty line so most likely can't afford the internet say about 100,000 that live on the streets.say another 400,000 that would have after school activities and say 99% of the last 600,000 are spread across the online market including mobile market with the fact that tank games are a neish market within the fps gaming market.though do take my numbers as an estimate though i think we are near 800,000 children that live below the poverty line in australia,so i tend to think they have more important things to worry about then playing a game.



Puggsley #26 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 59919 battles
  • 1,202
  • [LEFT] LEFT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014
I would have thought that the target market for WoT is definitely not 10 to 19 year olds....

camdy #27 Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 24321 battles
  • 605
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
well it is PG 13+ 

FramFramson #28 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 36012 battles
  • 3,201
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostPuggsley, on 06 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

I would have thought that the target market for WoT is definitely not 10 to 19 year olds....

 

Yeah, most players I know are either college-age kids, or geezers.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


BrutalOlyx #29 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27888 battles
  • 262
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

Admins, with respect this is a big problem that occurs daily, and gets many many complains from your members in general chat I have timed out 4 times in a row for a tier6 battle with 320 on the server.

 

Do you intend to please fix this this problem so we can get a game on the AU server when the numbers are low? Or should we start submitting tickets to WG so they are aware of this problem not being fixed?

 

 


Edited by BrutalOlyx, 17 June 2018 - 10:02 AM.


Ezz #30 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 61413 battles
  • 34,784
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 17 June 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Admins, with respect this is a big problem that occurs daily, and gets many many complains from your members in general chat I have timed out 4 times in a row for a tier6 battle with 320 on the server.

 

Do you intend to please fix this this problem so we can get a game on the AU server when the numbers are low? Or should we start submitting tickets to WG so they are aware of this problem not being fixed?

Short of putting bots in the battles what do you expect WG to do?


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


cplripley #31 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 31916 battles
  • 168
  • [PERTH] PERTH
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostEzz, on 17 June 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Short of putting bots in the battles what do you expect WG to do?

 

Brutals idea was actually pretty workable though, cheap and readily available, would make many happy.

So no chance of that happening.


 


BUFF THE AC1 SENTINEL!,  gun and speed.

BrutalOlyx #32 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27888 battles
  • 262
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

View PostEzz, on 17 June 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Short of putting bots in the battles what do you expect WG to do?

 

When the population is low, limit the tiers available to tier 6 and tier 8 - same tier matchmaking - 7vs7 all the way to 15vs15.

 

In lower tiers 1&2, have PvE bot battles like how you used to get in the old bootvcamp mission (where your first 10 battles were against bots) Low XP, low Credits earnings, but fun games for noobs that just downloaded the game

 

All other tiers at least have message prompting people to go to the SG server.

 

Periphery servers need to be treated differently to the main servers, and all new projects need refining. The AU server if fine tuned, could then be used as a template for other periphery servers (India, Middle east, Africa ect) if WG want to expand.

 

I look at my clanmates. All in Australia and all playing the SG server because of wait times. I want this server to work, which is why I post here top get some changes

 

 

 



BrutalOlyx #33 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27888 battles
  • 262
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

The problem still has not been fixed. 11.00am on a Sunday and timed out 4 times in a row with a tier7 tank.

 

Early adopters need to be able to get games, if everyone moves to the SG server, the AUS server remains dead.

 

So a bump, please have a low population server mode that has limited tier matchups. Or some solution that stops 20 minute timeouts



JOC469 #34 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 66523 battles
  • 5,517
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
There is a simple solution to the problem - when you login and see ~5800 players on SG and ~300 players on AU then look for games on SG. Or just stay on AU and stay out of pub games?

 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


JOC469 #35 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 66523 battles
  • 5,517
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 08 July 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

The problem still has not been fixed. 11.00am on a Sunday and timed out 4 times in a row with a tier7 tank.

 

Early adopters need to be able to get games, if everyone moves to the SG server, the AUS server remains dead.

 

So a bump, please have a low population server mode that has limited tier matchups. Or some solution that stops 20 minute timeouts

 

MM is obviously struggling to find enough tier5 and tier6 tanks bad enough to give you a win. That is how the MM patent works isn't it?


 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


BrutalOlyx #36 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27888 battles
  • 262
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

View PostJOC469, on 08 July 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

MM is obviously struggling to find enough tier5 and tier6 tanks bad enough to give you a win. That is how the MM patent works isn't it?

 

This thread is directed to the adults running the server, drawing attention to a recurring problem.

 

 If I want an idiotic comment I will be sure to PM you. Now run along back to the playground scamp, I'm sure  your mum will call you when it is dinner time



Ezz #37 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 61413 battles
  • 34,784
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostJOC469, on 08 July 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

 

MM is obviously struggling to find enough tier5 and tier6 tanks bad enough to give you a win. That is how the MM patent works isn't it?

 

To be fair not sure brutal was one of the ones spouting the MM rigged nonsense. But it was clearly salt worthy...

 

All this being said, i'm keen for anything from WG as to the recent increase in ANZ numbers - ie whether it is their doing or an actual increase in numbers.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


FramFramson #38 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 36012 battles
  • 3,201
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 08 July 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

adults running the server

 

Pfft, you sure have some funny ideas about this game.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


FramFramson #39 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:06 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 36012 battles
  • 3,201
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
Not to mention some funny ideas about what "quitting" means.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


DanDan_Strong #40 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8911 battles
  • 46
  • [TRASH] TRASH
  • Member since:
    03-28-2017

 Just say "THANKS" to WG, Bro. 

 

 At least u can play ANZ server with nice perfect beautuful ping.

 

 KR SERVER IS DEAD.

 

 And we have to play over 150ms ping.


Edited by DanDan_Strong, 09 July 2018 - 09:12 AM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users