Tier 4 Clan Wars

Tier 4 Clan War CW great again

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: T4 Clan Wars (45 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 500 battles in order to participate this poll.

T4 Clan Wars?

1. Yes, Make CW great again (34 votes [75.56%])

Percentage of vote: 75.56%

2. Noooooooo (11 votes [24.44%])

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

Vote Hide poll

OutCom #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Own all the accounts

• 22746 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So on the topic of Clan Wars needing some love, introducing new players to the concept of clan wars would be a good idea. How? Well, introducing players to the concept of CW should be first done in the tutorial when a player first logs onto the game. This could be something as simple as a slideshow of clans attacking and defending on provinces. To reinforce the idea of clan wars to new players, why not introduce low tier clan wars.... say at Tier 4? This way, we could see some very interesting strategies due to vast difference in tank statistics and play styles at the tier. Tier 4 feels like the most optimal place to introduce players to the concept of CW, considering that at Tier 4, you start seeing +-2 matchmaking, (often seeing the +2 rather than the -2, similar to how Tier 8's often see Tier 10s).This provides an alternative to playing grindy tanks at lower tiers, whilst possibly hooking players on towards the greater rewards seen at Tier 8 and 10. Alongside this, we see the introduction of heavy tanks along most tech tech trees, allowing players to grasp the feeling of the disadvantages and advantages of heavy tanks (i.e. slow but heavily armoured).

After a poll on an undisclosed site, it is to be seen that Tier 4 CW is optimal to introduce new players to the competitive scene of CW, helping in boosting numbers of the current, rather lackluster fights occurring on both the Tier 8 and 10 front (poll: 75% yes, 20% no, 5% convince me more).

Why is Tier 4 an optimal clan wars tier for new players?

The amount of credits you make at tier 4 really doesn't have much effect on players who have high tier tanks. This means that you won't have Tier 8 or 10 CW clans swarming down to get a piece of the action. At the same time, it allows for new players to research maybe a Tier 5 or 6 tank and 'graduate' from Tier 4 CW, as by that time, the profit margin isn't really that large for the time spent. However, by playing Tier 4 CW, the players would gain the mindset that maybe Tier 8 or 10 clan wars would be more beneficial towards their progression in the game, hence encouraging more players to join clans to play on the Tier 8 and 10 front, allowing for greater rivalries in clan wars, rather than two clan going back and forth on the same pieces of land. 

At tier 4, the diversity of tanks in terms of play style is very large, as you have a mix of both heavily armoured slow tanks and fast tanks, with even premium rounds struggling to penetrate some of the heavily armoured ones, unless one was to aim at the weakspots, once again, teaching new players the importance of aiming at weakspots even when shooting premium ammunition.

Now, Tier 4 rewards don't have to be anything crazy, as that would defeat the purpose. Whilst a few gold or a couple of thousand credits is very luxurious to the average tier 4 player, it means nothing to those playing Tier 8 and 10 clan wars, who spend and make (??) hundreds of thousands of credits each game, whilst simultaneously being paid gold for their contributions. As such, the rewards for Tier 4 CW don't even need to be gold. It could be credits, premium consumables, or even a day of premium time. All it needs to be is to tempt players and encourage them to look forwards to earning greater rewards with teammates at Tier 8 and 10 CW. 

It it also at tier 4, when good clans can sift through the pool of new players and find those who are willing to dedicate themselves at improving at the game, and drag them into the clans, much like how currently, there are training clans for those wanting to get into the parent clan. Why not recruit them when they are actually good? Well, wouldn't it be easier to instill good habits on a player who is new at the game, rather than change bad habits of players who have played hundreds of thousands of game? By having good clans have a 'training' clan at Tier 4 to filter through new players, you can also nurture the members not to hold the 'I'm better than you, therefore I'm always right' mentality that often comes with those who may have played more games, but may not necessarily be better than those who are actually good at the game, and yet are still willing to improve themselves (i.e. teach those players to be more humble). At this tier, we find that many lines begin to split into their own defined lines, which would impact the clans that they may make it into in the future, as most good clans have tank requirements that you should have. By having 'training' clans, officers could direct players to play lines which would be useful to the parent clans in the future, saving both the player and clan from the trek of having to regrind up an entirely new line because the new player didn't know any better. (Easier to grind 2 tier 4s than it is to grind 2 tier 10s)

As for the amount of players per team, I guess that's up for discussion. Would it be 7v7? 10v10? or attempt a 15v15? IMO, 7v7 would be the most viable, as at Tier 4, you can't just play the rush strat or hard camp strategy often seen in the ded and unmourned T6 CW.

So, what is your opinion on the introduction of Tier 4 Clan Wars? Would it actually be beneficial in the grand scheme of things, or would it actually discourage players to play CW?

My accounts: er.... half of kac?

2MoE tanks: idfk, ask the others in kac who probably have a better idea than me

3MoE tanks: I'm a poor boi and 3 marking is actual soul destroying

Anti-stat padding is better than stat padding because at least then artillery won't go for you

StormCrowReaperManyHat #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 21465 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I for one thing this is a great idea. Tier 4 is the perfect tier for new clans to try out interesting strategies with tanks that rarely get a look in.

What's hot Tier 4 CW

What's not Tier 6 CW (And everything else that's not Tier 4 CW or Frontlines)

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

Scrubba #3 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Sergeant

• 32167 battles
Tier 4 CW would be incredibly exciting, unlike Tier 6 CW which is just incredibly disappointing!

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #4 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 26554 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There is also less op tanks in t4, easier balancing mechanics and arty is still useless :D

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Napalmer #5 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 42922 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
T-28 F-30 and Luchs meta? Sign me up!

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

LittleTimmy #6 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Timmeh!

• 17441 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Pz.III j spams again... i miss you tank companies.

Change clan name = removing toxicity

VPN best excuse. kek.

Forum guy: Genius at work.

LeSigh #7 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 41485 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Quack.

Off-topic posting. Warning issued.

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 06 June 2018 - 03:04 PM.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

LeSigh #8 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 41485 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostLittleTimmy, on 05 June 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Pz.III j spams again... i miss you tank companies.

Nice Clam.

Off-topic posting. Warning already issued.

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 06 June 2018 - 03:04 PM.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #9 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20928 battles
With all brainded horde sheep just free xp to get the best of T4 metatanks to keep their competitive edge, it will make new plyr lyfe hard. Also make WG keep putting out op T4 tanks to force those plyr to spend, which ruin balance. So make tier 2 CW instead.. which still wont solve anything, so drop all CW and make pve :izmena:

:P

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

JOC469 #10 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 67805 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
This is all a plot to encourage WG to release OP tier4 prem tanks.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

StormCrowReaperManyHat #11 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 21465 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJOC469, on 05 June 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

This is all a plot to encourage WG to release OP tier4 prem tanks.

So you're saying Siggy's behind it?

Off-topic posting. Warning issued.

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 06 June 2018 - 03:06 PM.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

OutCom #12 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Own all the accounts

• 22746 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 05 June 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

With all brainded horde sheep just free xp to get the best of T4 metatanks to keep their competitive edge, it will make new plyr lyfe hard. Also make WG keep putting out op T4 tanks to force those plyr to spend, which ruin balance. So make tier 2 CW instead.. which still wont solve anything, so drop all CW and make pve :izmena:

:P

But WG will make more selling more 8s than they will 4s :O And more gold, credit and premium time packs so that people can play more 10s. And who would actually play T4s outside of said T4 Clan wars? Not enough money should be made to make it worthwhile to spend much time there except for those starting :P And if wg ruins  balance, well at least its a good representation of the rest of the game after that, therefore very very beneficial to new players

Anti-stat padding is better than stat padding because at least then artillery won't go for you

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #13 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

• 20928 battles

View PostOutCom, on 05 June 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

But WG will make more selling more 8s than they will 4s :O And more gold, credit and premium time packs so that people can play more 10s. And who would actually play T4s outside of said T4 Clan wars? Not enough money should be made to make it worthwhile to spend much time there except for those starting :P And if wg ruins  balance, well at least its a good representation of the rest of the game after that, therefore very very beneficial to new players

Nuuuu, dont turn tier 4 into CW sucker pit like T8/10, balance are like shit on those tier. Some poll last 2 year from cant be said website show 80% plyr wan pve, so pve instead :izmena:

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

OutCom #14 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Own all the accounts

• 22746 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
But pve doesn't encourage teamwork or sneakily make players want to play t8 and t10 cw, ultimately spending more money on the game xD

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #15 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

• 20928 battles

View PostOutCom, on 05 June 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

But pve doesn't encourage teamwork or sneakily make players want to play t8 and t10 cw, ultimately spending more money on the game xD

Ive no idea how to counter that point. But screw that, make pve happen :D

Ezz #16 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I went away for a wee bit and all of a sudden tier 6 CW was no longer up for discussion. Damn shame that. We'd made so much progress. Maybe this will open WG's eyes.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CelestiaLudenberg #17 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 18214 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Honestly don't see anything wrong with the prospect of tier 4 CW.

Luchs' and Panzer III E's and maybe Hetzers and T-28 F-30's, would be so riveting! 

Also needs to make sure that you earn 500 gold per province per day so people have the incentive to fight for territory, but don't forget to not put in tank locking as grinding tier 4's takes time and not everyone has the ability to commit for it.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

camdy #18 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24786 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
can we see this poll on this undisclosed website?

Ezz #19 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postcamdy, on 05 June 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

can we see this poll on this undisclosed website?

Good question. Probably comes down to how many people outcom had already blocked.

Assuming there were at least a few he hadn't i think this would clearly take CW forward.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

OutCom #20 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

Own all the accounts

• 22746 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 05 June 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Good question. Probably comes down to how many people outcom had already blocked.

Assuming there were at least a few he hadn't i think this would clearly take CW forward.

It was only like 10? Does it really make that much of a difference?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users