Bad Streaks - 30+ games

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

medoyehd #21 Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

Corporal

• 1476 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 08 June 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yep, I've been getting that. Took a massive hit to overall WR as a result, and am still 0.17% below where I was before. I have XVM, but haven't updated the service in a while, so can't tell in game how bad the teams are, but when I had so many games in a row where a third to half of the team do no damage pretty much almost every game, I've come to the expectation that the game will be a loss. I just play to see how spectacularly the next team will fail.

Tier 9+ is mostly full of noobs who spam gold (from my experience anyway), because aiming requires too much skill, and since the playerbase has extreme difficulty with the WASD keys and left click as it is, they obviously need a crutch when shooting.

Tiers 5-7 aren't much better for win rate, but there's fewer gold noobs*, that's about it.

Perhaps you should just take a break for a few days. Go back to a more productive hobby. I know I certainly will.

*I always hear people talk about the upper tiers not being profitable, but I'm almost exclusively hit by gold from those tiers (tier 10s need to fire gold at tier 8s?). If they're firing ammo that's 5x more expensive than standard then of course they're not going to make any credits.

Here is your answer:

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wot/gold/701/

Seriously there was a guy on WoT console, a well known common forum runner, who did just this.  Kept buying the 7,000,000 silver bundles in the store and spammed nothing but gold in games. 

AlexTheKid72 #22 Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Corporal

• 13388 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 08 June 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

It's skill-based MM at work. Both teams will have the same number of good players.

I am noticing the opposite - most games have purple blue and green stacked one side, with tomatoes and a token blue on the other.

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

ksthegreat91 #23 Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• 10027 battles

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 12 June 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

I am noticing the opposite - most games have purple blue and green stacked one side, with tomatoes and a token blue on the other.

Gotta let the ones who just bought their premium tanks a few "good" games before pulling them back down to reality.

azmania3000 #24 Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Captain

• 41817 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View Postksthegreat91, on 08 June 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

@title.

Anyone else experienced this before? Should I stop for awhile?

Welcome to x4 bonus weekends.

Most tanks I was playing took a slide. Many battles were lop-sided and I simply needed a larger match pool to get wins up. I'd get between 6-10 losses straight up, then hit that win streak. I tried to break the MM cycle by having lots of breaks (get a dud game, wait 5 minutes so you dont count back in with the baddies).........but uh, kept getting dealt dud hands. 

There should be a "misere" call button, that awards a x4 bonus if you correctly guess your team will be wiped in less than 5 minutes.

View Postksthegreat91, on 08 June 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Should i just avoid t8s all together? Or just take a break?

It's real easy to drop 4 games in a row when you change tank and hit the battle button; because triggered. Take a break if you have epic rage. I wore through the weekend, simply because when I did win, it was through personal effort and carrying like a baws! If you can deal with the stress and still find reward, keep playing

The best way to do 8's is one at a time. Loose all your XP boosters and smash one out in a few big sessions. Then sell the thing and never look back.

kookookichoo #25 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

the ginchiest

• 18419 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View Postazmania3000, on 12 June 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

There should be a "misere" call button, that awards a x4 bonus if you correctly guess your team will be wiped in less than 5 minutes.

this ^

i’d power thru my grinds if this was a thing...

Edited by kookookichoo, 12 June 2018 - 05:51 PM.

ksthegreat91 #26 Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• 10027 battles

View Postazmania3000, on 12 June 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Welcome to x4 bonus weekends.

Most tanks I was playing took a slide. Many battles were lop-sided and I simply needed a larger match pool to get wins up. I'd get between 6-10 losses straight up, then hit that win streak. I tried to break the MM cycle by having lots of breaks (get a dud game, wait 5 minutes so you dont count back in with the baddies).........but uh, kept getting dealt dud hands. 

No tin foil hat here.

I think that x4 weekend you were saying is right o__o I just took another plunge, even on good tanks. I'll try what you've suggested now, trying to beat the system.

CaptainNoch_01 #27 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• 19222 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View Postksthegreat91, on 25 June 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

No tin foil hat here.

I think that x4 weekend you were saying is right o__o I just took another plunge, even on good tanks. I'll try what you've suggested now, trying to beat the system.

Really, I had 60%-80% winrate sessions over the weekend on my Tier 8s to Tier 10s and they were satisfying. Anyways, I've stopped using XVM because I see it more of a demoraliser than a useful piece of information to dictate how I should play. Better to not know the muppet until they die like one.

MM is not made to match player skills. Funny how people still think so after all these years.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Puggsley #28 Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• 60062 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
Ask Neokai to review your performance, he gives good feedback.

_DeI_ #29 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• 2391 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

To everyone blaming matchmaker / tier 8 matchmaking.

look at my Tier 8 tonk stats, Not amazing dpg, but they have 65%+ wr

Because even in tier 10 games you can heavily influence the outcome. depending on the tank, you should be hovering around your tier 10s supporting them so they cant get wolf packed by the enemy team, as the enemy team is much less likely to push your tier 10 if you are with him, and same reasoning your tier 10 is more likely to push if you are there, you are just there to play around your team.

and when its a tier 8 game you have to make sure you dont throw your tank, as if you play correctly you should never lose a 3-5-7 in a semi decent tier 8 tank

Sorry if it doesnt make sense, reply to me if you need clarification Im just trying to explain skilled mm / wr is luck at tier 8, is all wrong

MagicalFlyingFox #30 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28827 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So? Is it fun? [edited] no. This is a game meant to be fun and fighting tier 10s in 2 of 3 games is not fun. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

ksthegreat91 #31 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• 10027 battles

View Post_DeI_, on 25 June 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

Sorry if it doesnt make sense, reply to me if you need clarification Im just trying to explain skilled mm / wr is luck at tier 8, is all wrong

You mean mm is completely random at all times?

_DeI_ #32 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• 2391 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postksthegreat91, on 25 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

You mean mm is completely random at all times?

Other then the constants its looking for ie. superheavies / mediums / lights and 3-5-7, MM is completely random, it doesnt care about your stats or your teams stats, if they are in applicable tanks it will put you in, thus were the difficult/steamroll teams come from

There is no battles were you can have 0 impact, every game you can effect, whether by alot or not depends on the tank

Puggsley #33 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Captain

• 60062 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I only play WoT infrequently now, but am playing a fair bit of WoWS.

I am at T8 level there, and very often are bottom tier. And you regularly get 6/3/1 type MM where you are one or 2 bottom tier with 10 higher tiers.

Unlike my reaction to being bottom tier constantly in WoT, being bottom tier in WoWS is actually a pretty pleasant experience. Its certainly not unpleasant. 

I like playing destroyers, pretty much a LT.

The things which make it fine to be in +2 MM game

• There are no goddamn corridors. I can roam over the entire map and be effective. Its never a frontal engagement in the same 1 or 2 map locations.
  • Simple visibility (based only on camo) scales so that lower tiers have slightly better camo over higher tiers (T7 is a bit awkward given T8 get a great camo slot, but otherwise lower tier gets advantage).
  • Lower tier can always damage higher tier (HE or torps, with AP if higher tier player drives dumb).
  • Lower tier can force higher tier to turn away and into high tier guns, and be effective at area denial. 
  • Maps are very large so there is always room to manoeuvre. 
  • There are no corridors - did I mention that already?

Angmar_ #34 Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:56 AM

Corporal

• 16683 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostPuggsley, on 26 June 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

I only play WoT infrequently now, but am playing a fair bit of WoWS.

I am at T8 level there, and very often are bottom tier. And you regularly get 6/3/1 type MM where you are one or 2 bottom tier with 10 higher tiers.

Unlike my reaction to being bottom tier constantly in WoT, being bottom tier in WoWS is actually a pretty pleasant experience. Its certainly not unpleasant. 

I like playing destroyers, pretty much a LT.

The things which make it fine to be in +2 MM game

• There are no goddamn corridors. I can roam over the entire map and be effective. Its never a frontal engagement in the same 1 or 2 map locations.
  • Simple visibility (based only on camo) scales so that lower tiers have slightly better camo over higher tiers (T7 is a bit awkward given T8 get a great camo slot, but otherwise lower tier gets advantage).
  • Lower tier can always damage higher tier (HE or torps, with AP if higher tier player drives dumb).
  • Lower tier can force higher tier to turn away and into high tier guns, and be effective at area denial. 
  • Maps are very large so there is always room to manoeuvre. 
  • There are no corridors - did I mention that already?

I guess that's why Frontline was so much fun ^_^

Puggsley #35 Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

Captain

• 60062 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

But FL was same tier. Would FL be similar fun if it was +/- 2MM?

This is about MM and the current approach.

Angmar_ #36 Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Corporal

• 16683 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
Yeah probably not, higher tier vehicles just have too much advantage over lower tiers

Puggsley #37 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• 60062 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Its the maps which wreck it.

Force everyone into choke points and its hell for low tiers. Gold is the go to because the maps encourage frontal fights and punish flanking.

kyjo #38 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• 9487 battles
Experience this quite often. Don't think I've won a game in my UDES for 6 months (this isn't a joke) MM is screwed bigtime

CaptainNoch_01 #39 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• 19222 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View Postkyjo, on 27 June 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Experience this quite often. Don't think I've won a game in my UDES for 6 months (this isn't a joke) MM is screwed bigtime

It's a UDES. How can you force a victory when you need people to push while you camp redline? 

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

AussieGenesis #40 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Private

• 4448 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A

View PostSir_Direkin, on 08 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Yeah, wotlabs says the Sir_Direkin clan isn't found. Odd bug that it'll look under clans.

MM has been 'meh' so far, but I've unlocked and bought a tier IX (the M53/M55), bought the AMX 13 75, and two marked the T1 Heavy (at long last; RNG really wasn't helping in that second last game). I'm only about 40k exp away from my target BC 12t, so will pick that up in a few days (won't play this weekend). Not bad for one week I guess.

I'd want to free exp the top gun on the M53/M55 before moving the crew over. According to MoE Extended my average damage in the T1 Heavy is above the 95% mark, and I only have 75 games on that, so maybe I'll see if I can 3 mark it within the next 25 games. The thing is I really don't like that tank (gigantic, weak armour, gun handling poor), and I'm not looking forward to playing the M6 either (also gigantic, same weak armour, but one tier higher), so I dunno. Hopefully can unlock/purchase the BC 25t AP by the end of the On Track; all I'll need then is to unlock two more girlies from personal missions to crew it.

Don't find the T1 Heavy weak at all. Give it slight angling and it will work fine as a Tier V HT, those forward set tracks can eat a surprising amount of shots. Granted, doesn't have the brute ability of side armour as the KV-1 or something, but is still very nice. The ridiculously nice reload makes it up for it all as well, with a nice 35 km/h speed limit to boot. 

Will agree with the M6 though. Takes the T1 Heavy, gives it Tier 6 matchmaking and tacks on a 90mm gun. Not nice. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users