preferential Matchmaking Tank isssues? - Whats going on

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #21 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• 9270 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 12 June 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

The balancing will continue until morale improves.

Improve morale like they improved matchmaking?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

Conan #22 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

A few clarifications:

WG has posted an announcement that is meant to tell players that we're listening and we are going to start updating the old and outdated pref MM tanks. Of course, us being us, the article turned out to be a terribly written disaster that seems to be tone-deaf and kind of shows that we're not very good at talking with players. 

None of the things mentioned in the article are final. All of them in very serious discussions. 

The came the "news" that WG is changing the EULA for NA and APAC. (With ANZ getting their own version of the EULA). The EULA was updated to what is industry standard, reiterating the concept what is in the old EULA but in accusatory big scary capital letters. Of course, this the timing of the preferential mm tanks disaster, quite a few people are insinuating that WG is now weaponizing the new EULA in order to take as much money as we can from the players. 

Very unfortunate. Reputation in tatters, WG staff are doing their best to answer questions. I/We don't have all the answers yet but we are looking for them. 

This is all serious, by the way, we at Wargaming have made some mistake, things have been terrible. If you have any questions on the above topic, please ask me and I will do my best to answer them. 

Thank you.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Warhammer124 #23 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

Corporal

• 8504 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostConan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

A few clarifications:

WG has posted an announcement that is meant to tell players that we're listening and we are going to start updating the old and outdated pref MM tanks. Of course, us being us, the article turned out to be a terribly written disaster that seems to be tone-deaf and kind of shows that we're not very good at talking with players. 

None of the things mentioned in the article are final. All of them in very serious discussions. 

The came the "news" that WG is changing the EULA for NA and APAC. (With ANZ getting their own version of the EULA). The EULA was updated to what is industry standard, reiterating the concept what is in the old EULA but in accusatory big scary capital letters. Of course, this the timing of the preferential mm tanks disaster, quite a few people are insinuating that WG is now weaponizing the new EULA in order to take as much money as we can from the players. 

Very unfortunate. Reputation in tatters, WG staff are doing their best to answer questions. I/We don't have all the answers yet but we are looking for them. 

This is all serious, by the way, we at Wargaming have made some mistake, things have been terrible. If you have any questions on the above topic, please ask me and I will do my best to answer them. 

Thank you.

Good evening Conan. I'm sorry for acting arrogant in one of my previous posts. I'm hoping you'd be willing to answer one of my questions: Does the removal of pref mm tanks include tier 5s? Also if so, how much gold does the player receive for exchanging his tier 5 premium tanks?

Ezz #24 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60876 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One suspects that as part of offering to improve the pref MM tanks to normal 8 standards that if WG simply gave the option to leave your tank as is all of this hubbubb could have been avoided.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Conan #25 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostWarhammer124, on 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Good evening Conan. I'm sorry for acting arrogant in one of my previous posts. I'm hoping you'd be willing to answer one of my questions: Does the removal of pref mm tanks include tier 5s? Also if so, how much gold does the player receive for exchanging his tier 5 premium tanks?

Hello, I understand that our tone as well was really bad. It may seem that I take things personally, maybe I do for half an hour, then I let it go. So apologies if I was short on the fuse as well. 
To answer your question, because of the HUGE reaction you guys have given us, the dev team wants to do the KV-5 first, then they will look in to the other pref MM tanks. 
However, for now, I've started a thread on mid tier change suggestions. It's pinned on the discussions section. We ought to fix the tech tree tanks first, I think :)

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Dont for

Conan #26 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 12 June 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

One suspects that as part of offering to improve the pref MM tanks to normal 8 standards that if WG simply gave the option to leave your tank as is all of this hubbubb could have been avoided.

Indeed, I personally agree.

Dont for

Warhammer124 #27 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

Corporal

• 8504 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostQuasinerdo, on 12 June 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

WG can't balance their own game because they appear too arrogant to reverse changes that seem to break it in the eye of the "uninformed" player community en-mass.

The obvious solution employed by WG is to balance the EULA.

I heard a rumour WG is consulting for Australian Airports to assist them in improving profit margins....

What does the new eula have to do with pref mm tanks removal? This is another question I forgot to ask about. It seems people have been complaining about this a lot.

Edited by Warhammer124, 12 June 2018 - 08:31 PM.

Sir_Direkin #28 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

Captain

• 9270 battles

View PostWarhammer124, on 12 June 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

What does the new eula have to do with pref mm tanks removal? This is another question I forgot to ask about. It seems people have been complaining about this a lot.

As Conan referenced the weaponising of the EULA, it was looked at as WG trying to strong arm players into accepting the changes to PMM tanks, i.e.: "we're going to change your tanks, and you will like it (or else) *cracks knuckles*".

FramFramson #29 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

Major

• 35199 battles

Conan, is there any indication yet of when there will actually be some sort of press releases or a general statement from the company? Today marks three full weeks since the original KV-5 announcement.

Also, if they would simply allow us to trade our Pref 8s for any other premium T8, I would trade my Alpine for a T44-100 in a shot (or a Chieftain/T95, but I expect clam wars rewards would be excluded).

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Conan #30 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFramFramson, on 13 June 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

Conan, is there any indication yet of when there will actually be some sort of press releases or a general statement from the company? Today marks three full weeks since the original KV-5 announcement.

Also, if they would simply allow us to trade our Pref 8s for any other premium T8, I would trade my Alpine for a T44-100 in a shot (or a Chieftain/T95, but I expect clam wars rewards would be excluded).

I keep asking... we keep asking... I keep telling them this won't go away...

All options are being discussed, trades, returns, refunds... all with us telling them to keep in mind consumer laws and player wants. 

Dont for

Quasinerdo #31 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16699 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 12 June 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

Maybe that could be incorporated into a "Premium" EULA that you buy access to :P

Seriously - thank you Conan for your remarks. It is comforting to know WG recognise that they have made mistakes here. I hope we see that the apology is a precursor to effective outcomes for the player community - not just the style of apology our politician's elicit for being caught ….

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

tequilapowered #32 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Private

• 169 battles
I have 68 prem tanks out of the 332 tanks in my garage. Of which I paid (ie not freebies from events) for 18 pref mm prems. No trade in for me. Would only settle for full refund (cash or gold).

Holeinthehead #33 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50520 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostConan, on 12 June 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

the dev team wants to do the KV-5 first, then they will look in to the other pref MM tanks.

Recurring theme .

Is it really that hard to come out with it and say , Yes we are removing PMM ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Conan #34 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHoleinthehead, on 13 June 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Recurring theme .

Is it really that hard to come out with it and say , Yes we are removing PMM ?

Yes it's hard because we are NOT removing PMM. How many times to I have to say it?

Dont for

Holeinthehead #35 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50520 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostConan, on 13 June 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yes it's hard because we are NOT removing PMM. How many times to I have to say it?

And round we go . So they will rework the KV 5 but it will retain it's PMM ?

Then they will rework the other PMM tanks and they also will retain their PMM ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Revan #36 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• 23039 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostConan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

A few clarifications:

Thank you.

I like this post. Prem account ran out, just waiting to see what happens over the new EULA and refunds etc. Bare minimum would expect a swap to equivalent tier tank without having to pay gold for it, failing that a refund preferably cash.

Empowered by the dark side, fueled by pubbie tears. 

tequilapowered #37 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:55 PM

Private

• 169 battles

View PostConan, on 13 June 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

"Considering the above improvements, the KV-5 will become a competitive combat vehicle capable of withstanding any opponent effectively. Moreover, the overhauled vehicle will be able to oppose Tier X vehicles."

"The cost of these improvements is the standard range of battles; no preferential matchmaking that will no longer be needed with the new technical characteristics."

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/perfecting-preferential-premiums/

Edited by tequilapowered, 13 June 2018 - 11:22 PM.

Sir_Direkin #38 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• 9270 battles

View Posttequilapowered, on 13 June 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

"Considering the above improvements, the KV-5 will become a competitive combat vehicle capable of withstanding any opponent effectively. Moreover, the overhauled vehicle will be able to oppose Tier X vehicles."

"The cost of these improvements is the standard range of battles; no preferential matchmaking that will no longer be needed with the new technical characteristics."

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/perfecting-preferential-premiums/

There are more PMM tanks than just at tier VIII. Perhaps what they meant to say is tier VIII PMM tanks will be overhauled, rather than all of them, since the main issue (right now anyway) is with tier VIII. That is until they improve MM and lower tier PMM tanks also become a problem.

Also, red pen, dude.

tequilapowered #39 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Private

• 169 battles

Changed to blue as per your advice.

The article was referring to KV5. And the two sentences seemed quite clear that they were intending to remove PMM from KV5 as part of the changes. It does not gel with Conan insisting PMM will not be removed (no qualification about tiers)

Edited by tequilapowered, 13 June 2018 - 11:22 PM.

southerner #40 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:04 AM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Posttequilapowered, on 14 June 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Changed to blue as per your advice.

The article was referring to KV5. And the two sentences seemed quite clear that they were intending to remove PMM from KV5 as part of the changes. It does not gel with Conan insisting PMM will not be removed (no qualification about tiers)

Lets be clear, Conan is on WG asia staff. And has no say in WG central policy making, eg new eula and new KV5 mods with pmm removal. Conan can only relay our concerns to WG central committee, that has so far fallen on deaf ears.

Edited by southerner, 14 June 2018 - 07:05 AM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users