preferential Matchmaking Tank isssues? - Whats going on

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

tequilapowered #41 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

Private

• 171 battles

View Postsoutherner, on 14 June 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

Lets be clear, Conan is on WG asia staff. And has no say in WG central policy making, eg new eula and new KV5 mods with pmm removal. Conan can only relay our concerns to WG central committee, that has so far fallen on deaf ears.

Does this sound like "relaying concern" or stating authoritatively.

"Yes it's hard because we are NOT removing PMM. How many times to I have to say it?" 

If Conan does not have authority, he should not said the above to HoleInTheHead with the explicit question of pref MM being removed.

Edited by tequilapowered, 14 June 2018 - 10:17 AM.

Ezz #42 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

To be honest a more direct question would have been 'will any PMM tier 8s lose their PMM?'

But of course that is just putting conan on the spot which is neither fair nor expected to really help either side.

Edited by Ezz, 14 June 2018 - 10:33 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

southerner #43 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• 13847 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Posttequilapowered, on 14 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Does this sound like "relaying concern" or stating authoritatively.

"Yes it's hard because we are NOT removing PMM. How many times to I have to say it?" 

If Conan does not have authority, he should not said the above to HoleInTheHead with the explicit question of pref MM being removed.

WELL, WG  did say that they were removing preferential matchmaking....... here is the rest of the sentence.. ON THE KV 5 AT THIS TIME.  Then in the next breath said if successful and depending on player reaction we will then fiddle with other pmm premiums.

Okay that is wargames intent. Fair enough. If the player base hated the KV 5 idea WG would (hopefully) leave everything else alone.

MEANWHILE...

WG on the 23/05/18 notifies us that they will be giving a new eula effective for us to sign on the 15/06/18 that is weaponised (man i love that description) in their favor to basically do what they like. 

SO.....

WG has said diddly squat (nothing) about this issue at all. Even to their WG staff.

THEREFOR.....

What the hell are we supposed to think ????

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

cplripley #44 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 31933 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

I have not spent on tanks since the announcement for myself, I did pay some prizes to the Clan for a comp,  I usually spend around 60 to 100 dollars a week on various in game purchases, I assume I am not the only person who has simply stopped filling the coffers of WG, and it has been mentioned that player numbers have dropped all round.

It is actually amazing that a for profit company will watch income and player base dwindle and stay staunch to a terrible decision, my anger at being told how I can have things I payed for has actually turned to baffled amazement as I watch this company do this to itself.

BUFF THE AC1 SENTINEL!,  gun and speed.

Bash_sh #45 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

First lieutenant

• 26974 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

yip same as, premium runs out in about 20 odd days, have around 6k gold left in the account, when that runs out, well no real incentive to spend money lining the coffers of this [Content Removed]

actually uninstalled the game 2 nights ago when it kept on crashing on me, runs fine in safe mode, but i like my mods. so that is that then

last but not least, you can hardly get a game on anz if you want to play lower tier tanks, and well on sg serves, lag spikes, red teams ...

Insults To WG , Post Edited , User Sanctioned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys, 15 June 2018 - 10:08 PM.

Sir_Direkin #46 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10226 battles

View PostBash_sh, on 14 June 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

actually uninstalled the game 2 nights ago when it kept on crashing on me, runs fine in safe mode, but i like my mods. so that is that then

last but not least, you can hardly get a game on anz if you want to play lower tier tanks, and well on sg serves, lag spikes, red teams ...

Had the same issue. That would be PMOD... again. It's always PMOD. But getting rid of that didn't help (much); the game stopped crashing but it made the interface really screwy. Unplayably screwy. Safe mode was the only option. Having to play in vanilla... gods have mercy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

FramFramson #47 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

Major

• 38763 battles
Just call me the Ice Cream soldier, 'cause I'm so damn vanilla.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Sir_Direkin #48 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10226 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 15 June 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Just call me the Ice Cream soldier, 'cause I'm so damn vanilla.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

TheBudgiesmuggler #49 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Sergeant

• 24319 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostPolitx_killer, on 10 June 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

They have only indicated the KV-5 is getting "fixed" at this stage. Aus/NZ consumer law allows us to take on WG for a full money refund hence the eula change. Not sure about other countries but they are likely to be shafted.

I'd happy with the gold equivalent for the money I paid for my PMM tanks...

TheBudgiesmuggler #50 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Sergeant

• 24319 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostQuasinerdo, on 13 June 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Maybe that could be incorporated into a "Premium" EULA that you buy access to :P

Seriously - thank you Conan for your remarks. It is comforting to know WG recognise that they have made mistakes here. I hope we see that the apology is a precursor to effective outcomes for the player community - not just the style of apology our politician's elicit for being caught ….

Trouble is the wrong people are admitting this why hasn't the CEO of Wargaming stepped forward and admitted the fault the buck stops with him/her.....

TheBudgiesmuggler #51 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

Sergeant

• 24319 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Posttequilapowered, on 13 June 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

"Considering the above improvements, the KV-5 will become a competitive combat vehicle capable of withstanding any opponent effectively. Moreover, the overhauled vehicle will be able to oppose Tier X vehicles."

"The cost of these improvements is the standard range of battles; no preferential matchmaking that will no longer be needed with the new technical characteristics."

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/perfecting-preferential-premiums/

That's funny so nerfing...sorry....cough "fixing" the use to be PMM KV5 will make it more effective at dying faster in tier 10 battles....

southerner #52 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• 13847 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 15 June 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

That's funny so nerfing...sorry....cough "fixing" the use to be PMM KV5 will make it more effective at dying faster in tier 10 battles....

And thats why most of us on all the servers will deadpan that great idea.

ForbiddenName #53 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• 34100 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostConan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

A few clarifications:

WG has posted an announcement that is meant to tell players that we're listening and we are going to start updating the old and outdated pref MM tanks. Of course, us being us, the article turned out to be a terribly written disaster that seems to be tone-deaf and kind of shows that we're not very good at talking with players. 

None of the things mentioned in the article are final. All of them in very serious discussions. 

The came the "news" that WG is changing the EULA for NA and APAC. (With ANZ getting their own version of the EULA). The EULA was updated to what is industry standard, reiterating the concept what is in the old EULA but in accusatory big scary capital letters. Of course, this the timing of the preferential mm tanks disaster, quite a few people are insinuating that WG is now weaponizing the new EULA in order to take as much money as we can from the players. 

Very unfortunate. Reputation in tatters, WG staff are doing their best to answer questions. I/We don't have all the answers yet but we are looking for them. 

This is all serious, by the way, we at Wargaming have made some mistake, things have been terrible. If you have any questions on the above topic, please ask me and I will do my best to answer them. 

Thank you.

After my experience with wargaming over several years and especially after my interaction with the famous "support team" over the last few weeks, I have to strongly disagree with you Conan.  Wargaming seems to be preparing the moat before they finally close up shop.

Edited by ForbiddenName, 15 June 2018 - 07:49 PM.

ForbiddenName #54 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• 34100 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View Posttequilapowered, on 13 June 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I have 68 prem tanks out of the 332 tanks in my garage. Of which I paid (ie not freebies from events) for 18 pref mm prems. No trade in for me. Would only settle for full refund (cash or gold).

Cash only for me.

southerner #55 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• 13847 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

Well here is an interesting read on the european WG forum, a player got his money back through paypal, player basically did a russian rage quit. The thread does have some strong but not derogatory language, it just shows how angry people are over the pmm tank debacle.

forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/676482-russian-refund-heres-my-russian-ragequit/

FramFramson #56 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

Major

• 38763 battles

I love all the people trying to give him crap for "Committing fraud". Never mind that it's not fraud - he submitted a complaint to his financial provider and they ruled in his favour (you can maybe argue Paypal ruled wrongly, but that's not fraud) - who even cares?

Not the players. If players want to "Russian Ragequit", this guy's just given them a perfect path to do so.

I've had credit card transactions blocked once or twice by Visa because they already have WG flagged as a shady merchant (not lying), and it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if Mastercard, PayPal, etc. already had WG flagged as well, so the balance is already tilted in favour of customers. There's nothing WG can do but lock the account, and if players are ragequitting what do they care so long as they get to rip a strip off WG?

WG doesn't care if this is fraud or not either. This is a big threat to their bottom line, one they would have a great deal of trouble stopping - and that's what matters, whether they treat it as theft or not.

If this starts happening on a broad scale, WG are going to see noticeable financial losses. Worse, with enough refund demands, their merchant status with credit card providers, Paypal, and other payment companies could be suspended or otherwise hobbled. This invalidates all of WG's efforts, with the new EULA, with arguments about jurisdiction or waiting for a complaint using national consumer protection laws. These angry players are cutting WG out of the refund process entirely.

That thread might get deleted, but the genie's out of the bottle.

I'm not interested in following that guy. But I AM EXTREMELY interested in how WG will respond.

Edited by FramFramson, 16 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.

TheBudgiesmuggler #57 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• 24319 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postsoutherner, on 16 June 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Well here is an interesting read on the european WG forum, a player got his money back through paypal, player basically did a russian rage quit. The thread does have some strong but not derogatory language, it just shows how angry people are over the pmm tank debacle.

forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/676482-russian-refund-heres-my-russian-ragequit/

Well you can't go :hiding: because its gone... error code

FramFramson #58 Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Major

• 38763 battles
Oh hey, here's where my post went. I guess the thread was merged here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users