Jump to content


Strange maths


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think there are things WG dont tell us about MM (28 members have cast votes)

Platooning makes you lose more games

  1. yes (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

  2. no (20 votes [71.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Once you start using reserves, you start losing more games.

  1. yes (6 votes [21.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.43%

  2. no (22 votes [78.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 78.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Justa_Target #1 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12493 battles
  • 38
  • [T_G_] T_G_
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

What do you think?

 

Discussing Moderator/GM decisions.  User warned.

 

~Wasaabi


Edited by Justa_Target, 11 June 2018 - 11:18 PM.

It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


Napalmer #2 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 43551 battles
  • 2,577
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

Hardly 'maths' but more theories.

 

Anyway, here's my opinion.

Platooning will either improve or reduce your win-rate depending on how you and your platoon-mates play. Three top-tier players who play badly can easily throw a game.

Any sort of sanction will have no impact on the decisions of players on your team. Implying the two are related is confirmation bias.

Using reserves again will have no impact on the decisions of players on your team. Implying the two are related is confirmation bias.

 


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           


CelestiaLudenberg #3 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

    On Conan's Naughty List

  • Member
  • 18747 battles
  • 869
  • [MYTH] MYTH
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

Considering I get warning/sanctions a lot, and I still pull 60% recent, I doubt it.

 

Also, perhaps you are just not as good a player as you think, I've seen you complaining in general chat a lot and seem to blame everything other than yourself.


3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.


Justa_Target #4 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12493 battles
  • 38
  • [T_G_] T_G_
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

I never said I was a good player.  What I do however hope for, if that all of the players with thousands of games way more than me, with way higher win rates more than me, seem to die a lot faster more than me.  I am a very bad player and as such, dont expect much to be able to contribute, so the way more experienced players should be able to carry an inexperienced player like me with no problem at all.  After all, what could I possibly contribute compared with all you way more experienced players?

JT


It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


CelestiaLudenberg #5 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

    On Conan's Naughty List

  • Member
  • 18747 battles
  • 869
  • [MYTH] MYTH
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

From my own experience I die early compared to my 'displayed' skill level due to how I typically play hyper-aggressive and only then after committing notice I have no support, that and I do seem to get focused quite a lot, whether that is due to the clan tag or being 2k WN8 is undecided.

 

I assume it is the same for most higher-tier players.


3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.


Ezz #6 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64196 battles
  • 35,265
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 June 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

After all, what could I possibly contribute compared with all you way more experienced players?

Start with simple goals like two shots worth of damage every game. Then for your hit points in damage. Then 1.5 and so on. When you focus on the basics you'll find that the game is a lot simpler than most feel and you'll do far better.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


The_average_tanker #7 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 10870 battles
  • 401
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 June 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I never said I was a good player.  What I do however hope for, if that all of the players with thousands of games way more than me, with way higher win rates more than me, seem to die a lot faster more than me.  I am a very bad player and as such, dont expect much to be able to contribute, so the way more experienced players should be able to carry an inexperienced player like me with no problem at all.  After all, what could I possibly contribute compared with all you way more experienced players?

JT

 

I would like to quote your display pic to you.

 

Well they will die faster than someone who is camping in the back out of line of fire and not laying down support fire.


 

 

 

 


CelestiaLudenberg #8 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

    On Conan's Naughty List

  • Member
  • 18747 battles
  • 869
  • [MYTH] MYTH
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

As above.

 

Just set yourself goals, always try to do your own health in damage, even if you can't, doing so much as supporting a higher tier tank and covering their reload can be enough to make an impact. 

 

So much as your presence in a location can be enough to prevent the enemy from pushing allowing your higher tier tanks to do their job.


3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.


Zynth #9 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 24543 battles
  • 2,917
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013
If sanctions affected win rate, I expect some of us here to be sitting on 30%. Damn I should be sitting on 30%.

 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.


Mother_Of_All_Rommel #10 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

    Ambassador of silly strat

  • Member
  • 21104 battles
  • 2,751
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Surely I would support sanction system that make game harder for those who been sanctioned. Like 40% more chances to low roll, or 60% increased for ammo rack blast would be nice. Less toxic shit, better game.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist


wasaabi #11 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 21355 battles
  • 6,464
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

Moved to the appropriate forum.  Please choose the correct forum before creating a new thread.

 

~Wasaabi


The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


Ezz #12 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64196 battles
  • 35,265
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 11 June 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Surely I would support sanction system that make game harder for those who been sanctioned. Like 40% more chances to low roll, or 60% increased for ammo rack blast would be nice. Less toxic shit, better game.

 

They already have that. That's why the most toxic players tend to have the worst stats.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Proloser_The_Atomistic #13 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

    No hOpE left.

  • Member
  • 26359 battles
  • 4,734
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 June 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

I never said I was a good player.  What I do however hope for, if that all of the players with thousands of games way more than me, with way higher win rates more than me, seem to die a lot faster more than me.  I am a very bad player and as such, dont expect much to be able to contribute, so the way more experienced players should be able to carry an inexperienced player like me with no problem at all.  After all, what could I possibly contribute compared with all you way more experienced players?

JT

 

- They probably die faster because they're out there doing damage. More aggressive play is met with a shorter life span in most cases. I would suspect that you are too passive, which would explain why you 'last longer'. WoT isn't about lasting, it's about making a difference in the short time you have.

- Yes, the experienced players carry inexperienced players like you ~60% of the time.

- You could contribute by shooting red things and therefore making it easier to win.


My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

 

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC


Sir_Direkin #14 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 10592 battles
  • 1,175
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View PostNapalmer, on 11 June 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Any sort of sanction will have no impact on the decisions of players on your team. Implying the two are related is confirmation bias.

 

I'll agree with two, but I've got to disagree with this one. When you're chat banned you can't communicate targets or your intentions to the rest of the team. Aerial scumbag Arty hits you, you can't let your SPGs know where the shot came from so they can CB. Hidden scumbag TD hits you, you can't warn them of the danger ahead, etc, etc. The team remain uninformed, and lose hit points which they could have kept.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


Napalmer #15 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 43551 battles
  • 2,577
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View PostSir_Direkin, on 12 June 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

 

I'll agree with two, but I've got to disagree with this one. When you're chat banned you can't communicate targets or your intentions to the rest of the team. Aerial scumbag Arty hits you, you can't let your SPGs know where the shot came from so they can CB. Hidden scumbag TD hits you, you can't warn them of the danger ahead, etc, etc. The team remain uninformed, and lose hit points which they could have kept.

 

With all due respect, if you're chat-banned chances you probably aren't offering much to the team in chat anyway.


Edited by Napalmer, 11 June 2018 - 11:11 PM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           


_EzioAuditore_ #16 Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:52 AM

    Rushes mid every game :^)

  • Member
  • 58680 battles
  • 4,736
  • [MYTH] MYTH
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View PostEzz, on 11 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

 

They already have that. That's why the most toxic players tend to have the worst stats.

 

I can confirm, just at look at mine :P

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif


JOC469 #17 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:26 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 68023 battles
  • 5,566
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
You are a below average player. When you platoon you are likely platooning with other below average players. This behaviour increase the ratio of potatoes : possible gud players. Doing this gimps your teams chance to win further. Your average win rate drops from tier6 up when you start seeing more higher tier tanks and you start becoming a self fulfilling prophecy..

 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


JOC469 #18 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 68023 battles
  • 5,566
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostSir_Direkin, on 12 June 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

 

I'll agree with two, but I've got to disagree with this one. When you're chat banned you can't communicate targets or your intentions to the rest of the team. Aerial scumbag Arty hits you, you can't let your SPGs know where the shot came from so they can CB. Hidden scumbag TD hits you, you can't warn them of the danger ahead, etc, etc. The team remain uninformed, and lose hit points which they could have kept.

 

there are still ways you can communicate with the team. 

 

I would have thought that a player losing health is a good indication of an enemy ahead and danger.


 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


Mystblade #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 11761 battles
  • 112
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostNapalmer, on 11 June 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hardly 'maths' but more theories.

 

Anyway, here's my opinion.

Platooning will either improve or reduce your win-rate depending on how you and your platoon-mates play. Three top-tier players who play badly can easily throw a game.

Any sort of sanction will have no impact on the decisions of players on your team. Implying the two are related is confirmation bias.

Using reserves again will have no impact on the decisions of players on your team. Implying the two are related is confirmation bias.

 

 

I agree with Nappa here,

I find that If I platoon with decent players we can have a bigger impact in the game as we are normally on coms and can play off each other a lot easier.

 

I mean I am defiantly not the greatest player but just having the confidence in at least 1 - 2 other players and that I can either support them or be supported is nice.

 

Also I am constantly talking in Team chat when applicable and trying to ping out where I think arty is or where I think there are hidden TD's and I just hope that the rest of the team is able to use this info or is paying attention.. Again another reason why I like platooning and having people on Voice chat.

 

 

 

 

 

 



NameWasStolenStresslevel #20 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36368 battles
  • 922
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015

 

 

A few things regarding some replies you got in this thread:

 

- My win ratio improved after i got chat banned. Now that i dont care about chat at all, as soon as someone ping me in the map i instantly blacklist him and everything is quiet and peace again. Also when people use chat to insult me, i just dont wait the next insult: Just go and black list them to stop them from being disrupting to my thinking process, and since i cant respond them coz as i said i am chat banned, having them talking to me in one-way insults wouldnt be fair. So chat ban is not an element for worsening someone's stats, it can actually help by switching your focus towards the battle flow instead of focusing on explaining things on chat;

 

- I still didnt notice any fake bush problems; Maybe it isnt that much of a big problem (not enough to affect someone game play experience negatively or impact someone stats);

 

- Being the last one/one of the last ones to die doesnt mean you did anything (helpful) for your team other than probably* camp (*this depends on the outcome of the battle and your individual contribution), the same goes for the 1st to die (so many times me died "fast" and ended top everything in a victory);

 

- Sometimes i feel when i use boosters i lose more than when i dont run boosters, but that might be just something out of my imagination, just like rigged MM thoughts that come and goes in this forums.

 

- Being chat banned is the reason i removed my friendlist completly, its pointless having one. Plux my mods were causing my blacklist to bug (couldnt add more people to blacklist), so removing the friendlist seemed to solve the problem too;

 

- People in my ingame blacklist are never gona be removed from that list, unless they unflip my tank or put their tank in front of mine to save me from a last one shot death.

 

Have a good day!


Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 12 June 2018 - 09:36 AM.

Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users