Strange maths

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think there are things WG dont tell us about MM (28 members have cast votes)

Platooning makes you lose more games

1. yes (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. no (20 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Once you start using reserves, you start losing more games.

1. yes (6 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. no (22 votes [78.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ThomChen114 #21 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34426 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

I may have gone overboard with blacklisting, since a large majority of the list are from the Korea server merge and the sudden influx from that peninsula of numbered accounts. It's a chore to sort through those and take out anyone who hasn't been playing in awhile.

my opinion on platoon has remained relatively the same: it turns what often feels like 1 vs 29 to an either 2 vs 28 or 3 vs 27. It may be a very harsh and pragmatic view, but it's something I've adapted to a certain extent. I'll still occasionally trust a random ally to back me up, but that shouldn't be counted on until proven otherwise.

maybe I'm just fortunate that I've get to have above average players to platoon with, and to them, I cannot express enough gratitude not just for the carries but more importantly the company and the experience that I can take away from working alongside them and better myself so that I can occasionally carry them in return.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

The_average_tanker #22 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostThomChen114, on 12 June 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I may have gone overboard with blacklisting, since a large majority of the list are from the Korea server merge and the sudden influx from that peninsula of numbered accounts. It's a chore to sort through those and take out anyone who hasn't been playing in awhile.

my opinion on platoon has remained relatively the same: it turns what often feels like 1 vs 29 to an either 2 vs 28 or 3 vs 27. It may be a very harsh and pragmatic view, but it's something I've adapted to a certain extent. I'll still occasionally trust a random ally to back me up, but that shouldn't be counted on until proven otherwise.

maybe I'm just fortunate that I've get to have above average players to platoon with, and to them, I cannot express enough gratitude not just for the carries but more importantly the company and the experience that I can take away from working alongside them and better myself so that I can occasionally carry them in return.

Unless when you platooned with me and it was still 2 vs 28 in a 3 man platoon. :trollface:

I am loving the centurion and unlocked the Cent 7/1 (waiting for a crew retraining discount to move the crew up), maybe we can roll out together in our centurions again and you can teach me how not to suck.:teethhappy:

Sir_Direkin #23 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• 9295 battles

View PostJOC469, on 12 June 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

there are still ways you can communicate with the team. 

I would have thought that a player losing health is a good indication of an enemy ahead and danger.

That would require situational awareness, a quality most pubbies lack. Some people need to be told.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

ThomChen114 #24 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34426 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 12 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Unless when you platooned with me and it was still 2 vs 28 in a 3 man platoon. :trollface:

I am loving the centurion and unlocked the Cent 7/1 (waiting for a crew retraining discount to move the crew up), maybe we can roll out together in our centurions again and you can teach me how not to suck.:teethhappy:

being in a platoon is not a guarantee of success, but just having at least 1 or 2 players on the team whom you've played with and are familiar with working with to whatever extent is enough for me.

if not then at least they'll make me look good.

but yeah, pull it together.

sure thing, it's about time someone showed you the ways of one of Her Majesty's finest machines.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users