Looking in to Mid Tiers: Actual Suggestions Requested

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

I'm sure everyone has a slightly different definition of mid tier. I personally thin 4-7, but hey, who am I to say. Our team has started discussing heavily on how to improve the "forgotten" tiers, as I'd like to call them. Looking at mid tier tanks, which tank do you believe is forgotten and even irrelevant now? 
We would like your serious opinion. Not inflammatory, trolling, or sarcastic opinions, I get enough of that everyday from just reading. Below is a format where you can prepare a specific tank you wish to be improved. Please do take note that I want to take this seriously (and I do play the game!) so telling me to put a 152mm howitzer on a tier 2 will get chucked in to the bin instantly. 

We want these old tanks to make sense and give them new life. Thank you for you time and sincerity at the matter. 

If you want to discuss the matter of me even asking these suggestions, please take it elsewhere, not formatted replies will be removed. 

Format

Tank Name:

Nation:

Tier:

Type:

Deficiencies:

Suggested Improvements: 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

JOC469 #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66324 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Since up to tier3 sees +/-1 MM. My suggestion is to extend that to tier7

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Conan #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJOC469, on 12 June 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Since up to tier3 sees +/-1 MM. My suggestion is to extend that to tier7

JOC... this is already being discussed but at a different level. For this topic, tanks please. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Ezz #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: A44

Nation: RU

Tier: 7

Type: MT

Deficiencies: Will no longer fit in with the future K91 line

Suggested Improvements: Give it a smidge less armor, better gun handling and more accurate gun. (Note: my preference would have been to up armor the 416 and K9 slightly to match the A44 and (current) 430.2)

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: KV13

Nation: RU

Deficiencies: Doesn't lead anywhere

Suggested Improvements: Give option to research a tier 8 tank.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: St. Emil

Nation: Germ

Type: TD

Deficiencies: XP required to make it competitive is exorbitant for a tier 7

Suggested Improvements: Lessen the XP requirements for some of the upgrades

AnninTofuXD #7 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• 8880 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Tank Name:KV-13

Nation:USSR

Deficiencies: The Armour is outdated , newer tanks with bigger gun and penetration just makes the armour worthless . The choices of Gun on the KV-13 is lack luster , the HE 122 mm is while at most times able to do some damage but I believe the gun to go for is the 85 mm but the gun is only good for anything below tier 7 due to its low penetration and alpha.

Suggested Improvements: Slightly improve its armour and give it a new gun like the one LTTB have [ D-10-85] , 170 mm for its base penetration and 216 mm for gold would make the KV-13 competitive for a tier 7 tank .

Ezz #8 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: A few

Nation: CHN

Tier: 5-7 (plus others)

Type: TDs

Deficiencies: Lackluster mobility

Suggested Improvements: Give option for slightly better engines - especially for the tiers where they are essentially glass cannons.

BurningSeraph #9 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Corporal

• 21330 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Name: KV-4

Nation: USSR

Tier: 8

Type: Heavy

Deficiencies: Lack of armour/armour is flat and is on the whole easy to pen by most eights, nines, and is laughable in tier ten battles. Must be exposed to make use of DPM, but doesn't have armour to do so. It also has no gun depression to compensate for the cupolas of either turret.

Suggestions: Have the KV-4 be a competitor to the VK-100.01. The tank desperately needs frontal armour. Buff the turret face and upper front hull to 240mm, the cupola face to 220mm, and leave the rest of the armour how it is, then give it 8 degrees of gun depression instead of 6 and KV-4 should be competitive.

Edit: I missed the bit about tier 4-7. Im going to stand by this because tier 8 is the most [edited] on tier in the game and KV-4 needs love.

Edit edit: My signature is referencing my three marking the KV-4, but KV-4 is definitely not stronk.

Edited by BurningSeraph, 12 June 2018 - 08:46 PM.

Ezz #10 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: Awfklarungszyntherpanzer

Nation: GERM

Type: LT

Deficiencies: It is invisible.

Suggested Improvements: Make it visible again. Even as an optional research path to get to the tier 8.

Ezz #11 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: VK2801

Nation: Germ

Tier: 6

Deficiencies: It fell asleep and woke up without its derp. Now no one comes to visit any more.

Suggested Improvements: Help it find its derp so it isn't a boring and not very good re hash of all the other tier 6 lights.

Ezz #12 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: Type 59-16

Nation: Chn

Deficiencies: It fell asleep and woke... nah bugger it, some mean bugger stole all its pew pew pew (the auto loader for those not familiar with all the pew). All that pew is now gone.

Suggested Improvements: Find the mean bugger and steal the pew back so it can go back to being both cute and a pew pew pew pew monster (and not just a rehash of all the other 6 lights).

Edited by Ezz, 12 June 2018 - 08:05 PM.

Elebarna #13 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Private

• 5271 battles
  • [BLUMR] BLUMR

Tank Name: a multi turreted tank

Nation: all

Tier: 4-7 (all tier up til 7) 

Type: all

Deficiencies: like M3 Lee, t28, or other tank with multi turreted 

Suggested Improvements: why not implement system to multi turreted tank so the tank such as M3 Lee could shoot with it 2 gun. just like on the hallowen event tank

MagicalFlyingFox #14 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name: Tiger (P)[oo]

Nation:GERM

Tier:7

Type:HT

Deficiencies:No one cares about it, it is worse than a Tiger I in every single way, armour is useless against people who can aim or just dont shoot the one strip of armour that can bounce things.

Suggested Improvements: MORE DPM. Make it actually be able to kill things by shooting. Also what would be nice is some more mobility. Armour? Who needs it.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Alastor_N #15 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

Corporal

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10212 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

Tank Name: T20

Nation: USA

Deficiencies: DPM is the lowest of all tier 7 mediums (except the T-44-122). You see a Panther, Comet and Chi-Ri easily has over 2000 DPM, but T20 has 15XX

Suggested Improvements: 12.5% DPM increase

Hate the game, not the player

Alastor_N #16 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10212 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

Tank Name: T25/2

Nation: USA

Deficiencies: DPM is the lowest of all tier 7 TDs, only surpassing Scorpion and AMX AC 46. Penetration too low for a Tank Destroyer, lowest of all tier 7 TD when using their top guns I believe.

Suggested Improvements: Give it like 5% more DPM. Up the penetration for standard shell by 15mm

Alastor_N #17 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

Corporal

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10212 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

Tank Name: Churchill GC

Nation: UK

Deficiencies: Right now there's no reason to play this tank at all as you can choose to play the AT8 to get up the British TD line. Mobility is too low, the capability overall is poor.

Suggested Improvements: Increase engine power by 100. Decrease the dispersion of the tank on the move, tank traverse and gun traverse by 10% respectively.

Alastor_N #18 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

Corporal

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10212 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

Tank Name: Black Prince

Type: HT

Deficiencies: This tank's DPM does not make any sense. From tier 5 Churchill I to tier 6 Churchill VII you gain almost 16% increase in DPM. But from tier 6 to tier 7, you lose almost 8% of your DPM. The DPM is irrelevant for tier 7 (though to be honest most tier 7 HTs do not have serious DPM). Surely you can say that you lose DPM all the way from T1 heavy to M6 to T29, but you gain a lot of other stuff, like massive penetration upgrade, more worthwhile armor, and alpha damage. For the Brtish tier 5 to 7 heavies they just don't have much going for them. And going from 1800 DPM in Black Prince to all of a sudden 2584 DPM Caernarvon does not make any sense as well.

Suggested Improvements: 25% DPM increase, this will make the DPM of this line makes more sense, with a steady increase of about 16% in DPM from tier 5 to 8 jumping up each tier. Top speed increase by 5km/h.

Edited by Alastor_N, 12 June 2018 - 08:46 PM.

Volkerman #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

Sergeant

• 9477 battles
  • [TMDDF] TMDDF

Tank Name: DW2

Nation: Germany
Tier: 4

Type: HT

Deficiencies: Quite slow although typical of a low tier HT, gun is a complete joke and the same can be said about its armor which is in no way similar to AMX 40 or B1/B2, accuracy and gun handling is also a complete joke. The only way to play this thing properly is to buy a lot of HEATs which is something that low-skilled players are incapable of, due to their limited credits. 

Suggested Improvements: Add the 7.5cm L/40, it will surely make this thing playable, plus it would fit the playstyle of the next tank which is the VK 30.01 H.

Tank Name: Valentine

Tier: 4

Deficiencies: Slow reload in all guns, it takes 4 sec with a fully trained crew to reload its 57mm gun, and 7 sec (?) for the 75mm gun.

Suggested Improvements: Reduce the reload down to 3 sec and 5.5 sec, respectively, to make it on par with the Matilda.

Sugawara Koushi <3

Volkerman #20 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Sergeant

• 9477 battles
  • [TMDDF] TMDDF

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 12 June 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Tank Name: Tiger (P)[oo]

Nation:GERM

Tier:7

Type:HT

Deficiencies:No one cares about it, it is worse than a Tiger I in every single way, armour is useless against people who can aim or just dont shoot the one strip of armour that can bounce things.

Suggested Improvements: MORE DPM. Make it actually be able to kill things by shooting. Also what would be nice is some more mobility. Armour? Who needs it.

Keep the mobility and the armor as it is, that thing's armor is pretty trollish vs IS tanks. I facehugged an IS once with the Tiger P and he can't do anything about it.
Although i agree with the DPM increase, 7 sec reload for a 240 alpha gun is pretty painful to have, especially in a heavy tank.

Sugawara Koushi <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users