Private

• 32594 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostFramFramson, on 13 June 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Tank Name: Comet

Nation: Britain

Tier: 7

Type: MT

Deficiencies: A big letdown, tier for tier, as compared to the Cromwell which precedes it. Power creep in T8 and T9 tanks has meant that the once-effective Comet, is now little more than cannon fodder. It's penetration, which was already weak for a T7, is even more confusing given the British tendency to have guns which trade alpha for DPM and high pen (the Comet DOES have good DPM for a T7, but with that pen it's very difficult to get any use out of it).

Suggested Improvements: A pen increase to deal with all the T9s and OP T8 prems running around is probably the most dire need. I would also increase speed and Power-to-Weight to be closer to the Cromwell's, allowing it to retain the Cromwell's role as a light, fast flanker MT. Perhaps adding a new engine option besides the T5 Meteor which by T7 is tired and underpowered.

+1 must agree that this is one of the least enjoyable tanks I have played, it had no soul.

Alastor_N #62 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

Corporal

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10217 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

View PostKentravyon, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Nothing has stalled me more than this tank, I've gone and ground out multiple lines to tier 10 after trying it and still don't want to touch it.
Tank Name: Churchill VII

Nation: UK

Tier: 6

Type: Heavy

Deficiencies: Mobility, gun depression, alpha

Suggested Improvements: Improve on 1 or 2 of the deficiencies. This tank is slower than the O-I and when it reaches the front line noone cares. With the weakest tier 6 HT gun you'd think it would at least be flexible but it only has 4 degrees gun dep. The low alpha is only a problem because you can't chase enemies faster than they reverse.

• 35km/h top speed with 12 or 13 hp/t
  • at least 6 degress gun depression over the front and at least 8 over the sides
  • If it was only getting a weapon improvement it would need a 20-pdr

I would write one for the black prince as well but I haven't yet had the displeasure of playing it.

Personally I think the churchill 7 is a great tank. Maybe it's just me, I got like 8 Ace Tankers in my 27 games playing it. I think the gun is adequate for its tier, and the mobility is reasonable for its quite sturdy armor.

Edited by Alastor_N, 13 June 2018 - 10:32 PM.

Hate the game, not the player

Volkerman #63 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Sergeant

• 9479 battles
  • [TMDDF] TMDDF

Something came into my mind while i was talking to a friend of mine regarding several underpowered tanks, and it was this who perked my interest, with its unusually high XP cost for its gun.

Tank Name: Sturer Emil

Nation: Germany

Tier: 7

Type: TD

Deficiencies: Horrendous grind with the stock gun, and an exceedingly high XP price of 58.5k for a gun that doesn't get carried to the the next tank. Couple that with a weak engine and a shoddy traverse speed, would certainly make T-43's stock grind look like a trip to a fairground. Not to forget that WG thought that this will be something like the FV4005, which clearly isn't, and gave it 15 ammo cap.

Suggested Improvements: Reduce the XP cost for the 12.8cm Kanone 40 down to 30-35kto make the grind bearable. Increase its ammo capacity to 20-25, disregarding historical accuracy. Skorpion G has a duck ton more ammos for its 128mm gun, and it's only 1 tier higher. Keep everything else. People play this thing for its gun, not for its mobility. An addition to its camo rating while firing would be most welcomed.

And i think, a minor addition for the ever-loathed Chi-Ri

Tank Name: Chi-Ri

Nation: Japan

Type: MT

Deficiencies: Lack of firepower and speed

Suggested Improvements: Add an optional 88mm gun for this thing, couple it with the Italian's new autoreloading mechanism, would surely make a relief. Compensate it with a horrendous gun handling, to balance it. Increasing its hull traverse would be a good idea to make it competitive. 

Sugawara Koushi <3

The_average_tanker #64 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:13 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

Hi Conan,

I know the thread is for improvement to mid tier tanks, but i have a candidate that needs some love at tier 8. Hopefully This reaches the right people. 

So the candidate is the TVP VTU.

The tier 5, 6 and 7 are decent with the tier 9 and 10 being great. the tier 8 stands out. 

Also when wargaming started rebalancing the tiers 8-10 last year the main theme was to have the tier 8-10 tanks play similarly. that has been driving the changes with the Maus, Superconqueror, Badger, Obj 430u, the IS-7 line, recently the Obj 277 and the K91. However in the Czech medium line the tier 8 plays nothing like the tier 9 and 10, which are quick burst autoloaders with fast reloads however with smaller clips and slightly less pen. 

Now how do i propose to fix that? Either give it a 3 shot 240 alpha autoloader. This way you have a 3 shot 240 alpha autoloader leading to a 3 shot 320 alpha autoloader which further leads to a 4 shot 320 alpha autoloader. Nice logical progression. 

And while WG is at it they can easily create a tier 8 autoloader premium to act as crew trainers. Anyway wargaming has thrown the pretext of historical tanks out the window with the Mauchbrecher, The polish premium, the nameless and edelweiss and some other tier 8 premiums, so adding a tank at tier 8 for the czech tree should not be a problem. 

For the sake of continuity will have the feedback in the format. 

Tank Name: TVP VTU Koncept

Nation: Czech

Tier: 8

Type: Medium

Deficiencies: Gameplay does not match the tier 9 and 10 which seems to be the theme wargaming followed for balancing all tiers 8-10.

Suggested Improvements: Change the gun to a 3 shot 240 alpha autoloader to be in line with the tiers 9 and 10. Add a tier 8 premium medium to act as a crew trainer for a line which has 3 keeper tanks as far as i am concerned. 

Get this out there Conana! I will be forever indebted to you!!!11!!1!!

FramFramson #65 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

Major

• 35235 battles
If we're allowed to talk about T8s I think there would quickly be a dozen or more people in here putting up suggestions for the Tiger II.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

southerner #66 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

Format

Tank Name        more reward tanks, pmm tanks 

Nation:              any

Tier:                   3 to 7

Type:                 any type except arty

Deficiencies:    -

Suggested Improvements:   -

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

DanLBob #67 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 22612 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostHype_, on 13 June 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

That's the point of this thread I believe, to make these mid tiers more attractive to play.

Someone finally realised that if your focus is only the top tiers (T8-10) and especially on selling T8 premiums then you cut your feeder population off at the base and kill your game in the long term.

Dan

Edited by DanLBob, 14 June 2018 - 08:40 AM.

FramFramson #68 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

Major

• 35235 battles
They could really really use more T6/T7 premiums. I was always pissed that the Edelweiss was appropriately built as a T7 for Blitz (roughly where it's capabilities and "historical" position should have put it) but was instead overbuffed and forced to be a T8 for regular WoT.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #69 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60926 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Side issue that would help mid tiers (well all tiers) would be sorting out the MM so it doesn't screw with platoons. But that aligns with Joc's post i guess - ie that the mid tiers aren't bad, it's just the MM that screws them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

B7_NAGATO #70 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

I luv Nagato

• In-Training Moderator
  • 15502 battles
  • [BLUMR] BLUMR

Tank Name:nameless

Nation:japan

Tier:8

Type: heavy tank

Deficiencies: -

Suggested Improvements: more armor and depression angle

Spoiler
Pxupxmb.gif

Profanisaurus #71 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
...and he's a mod.  Excellent.

Conan #72 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 June 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

...and he's a mod.  Excellent.

I know... Someone's gonna get hurt...

To everyone, I highly appreciate the properly stated feedback, I am compiling these and it's much easier to do when you keep in format. 
To those who have said valid things outside of the format, I still read what you said, thank you, I just hoped you stayed within format. 

Please know that MM is a SLIGHTLY separate topic. What we're looking at for this is tanks themselves. For example, a mid tier, top tier tank and yet they still fail to deliver. 
On a lighter note, I lol'd at the Aufskla Panther suggestion, I feel your pain.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

MagicalFlyingFox #73 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tank Name:nameless

Nation:japan

Tier:8

Type: heavy tank

Deficiencies: Unhistorical, also impossible with the laws of physics.

Suggested Improvements: Drop it down to tier 7, drop the alpha to 240 so its actually an 88mm, fix the model so it actually looks like a tank because it doesn't even look that stubby in the original game. Lower the armour so its actually [edited] plausible. 

NO MORE RAGNITE [edited]!

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 14 June 2018 - 02:13 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #74 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles
We gone to tier 8 now? Next is tier 10, nerf V4 some more plss.

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

wasaabi #75 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 14 June 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

We gone to tier 8 now? Next is tier 10, nerf V4 some more plss.

No we haven't, please keep the suggestions to Tiers 4 - 7.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #76 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28018 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVolkerman, on 14 June 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Tank Name: Chi-Ri

Nation: Japan

Type: MT

Deficiencies: Lack of firepower and speed

Suggested Improvements: Add an optional 88mm gun for this thing, couple it with the Italian's new autoreloading mechanism, would surely make a relief. Compensate it with a horrendous gun handling, to balance it. Increasing its hull traverse would be a good idea to make it competitive. 

No thanks, the Chi-Ri is unique enough as it is. Maybe a interclip reload buff would be nice, or a pen buff.

Tank Name: ARL V39

Nation: France

Tier: 6

Type: TD

Deficiencies: Its a church GC but smaller with a worse gun. (No gun traverse, gun bloom is abysmal, gun handles like potato, crappy mobility)

Suggested Improvements: A little bit more gun traverse, some added mobility so it could be a little more flexible, so maybe a bit more speed. A gun that can hit things. SU-100 really craps all over this. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #77 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 14 June 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

No we haven't, please keep the suggestions to Tiers 4 - 7.

Making some sort of competition or regular event based on those tier would also help their popularity. FL for tier 6, pve, something like that. Also help new plyr alot since this where they will stay for pretty long time. The old notion of afraid losing T10 plyr due to T6-7 being good to play should be cut down now. 

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

wasaabi #78 Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 14 June 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Making some sort of competition or regular event based on those tier would also help their popularity. FL for tier 6, pve, something like that. Also help new plyr alot since this where they will stay for pretty long time. The old notion of afraid losing T10 plyr due to T6-7 being good to play should be cut down now. 

This thread is about improvements to tanks that have lost their way in those tiers, as Conan has pointed out.  He will likely start a separate thread for other types of improvements including MM.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

MM_is_Broken #79 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Sergeant

• 13981 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Tank Name                                                        amx 40

Nation:                                                             french

Tier: 4 

Type:                                                                light tank get real

Deficiencies:                                                    speed, gun 

Suggested Improvements:                             speeed it up  give it a gun to use at tier 6 cause thats what it gets

I was cared then i shared , not want or who i wanted to be, but this will come to the sum or even the long lost stare, if we could just fix the bus i might just look and smile but since i no care that you swear the evil will once transpire

if i could i would ban arty from from my games because it sucks it ruins gameplay pity the stupids cant see it and how to attack the problem in font of them 

MM_is_Broken #80 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• 13981 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Honestly there are so many to list and yet you cant figure this out yourselfs?

seems like you dont understand your own game so its kinda scary really

I was cared then i shared , not want or who i wanted to be, but this will come to the sum or even the long lost stare, if we could just fix the bus i might just look and smile but since i no care that you swear the evil will once transpire

if i could i would ban arty from from my games because it sucks it ruins gameplay pity the stupids cant see it and how to attack the problem in font of them 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users