How Long To Grind A Tier 10 Tank?

This game is terrbru.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Revan #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:35 AM

Captain

• 23039 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The correct answer of course is how long is a piece of string. However use the following assumptions. 

1. You use a premium account.

2. You grind from tier 1.

3. Very little free xp used. This means stock tier 8 and 9 tanks. Free xp earned during the grind is fine

4. No gold is used for freexp/gold shells.

5.  premium tanks can be used for credits. 

When this account was new I got the T110E5 in about a month while on holiday it was almost a full time job playing though. I usually slow grinded a few lines doing the daily X2/X3 rater than do a focused grind, these days I can't even be assed playing daily (or even weekly atm). and often take large leave of absences so I suck when I get back (meta/maps changed, new tanks etc). 

I think if you had a decent amount of free xp/gold where you did not have to grind stock tanks especially tier 8/9 you could do it in a couple of weeks although you would still have to play a lot. Assuming you do not use a lot of free xp and gold to skip entire tiers and actually grind out every tank to some extent. 

Edited by Revan, 14 June 2018 - 07:36 AM.

Empowered by the dark side, fueled by pubbie tears. 

Muds_Revenge #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 32332 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

When I first was grinding tier 10s in games early days, 3 weeks with as you say full time to get the IS7.

Now, I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.

I can't be bothered doing italian, cheq, polish, or swed trees.

The amount of grinding in tier 8 prems you have to do, is insane, because ur often getting smashed by tier x or 9 before u have done enough damage. Only my most OP tier 8 prems can be used. Pretty much just the skorp g.

And thats JUST to grind the credits required, with prem account.

Couple this factor with my own personal belief on russian bias, and yeah, if gonna grind anything, might as well be russian, or russian comrade clone.

And...two new russian tier x coming very soon...so...

Also, once you hit tier 7 or 8 on most of the russian or russian comrade clone branches, those tanks start to become magically powerful in battles, and the grind becomes easier than other nations, in my humble opinion.

Darksider267 #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

wait, I can change this?

• 12206 battles

For a decent player, and without considering events, daily doubles, 200% boosters, clan boosters, etc. 

Average base XP: let's assume 666XP/game

Playing with a premium account bonus: 1000XP/game

+100%XP booster: 2000XP/game

XP required to reach tier 10: maybe around 800k if we take into account things like modules and stuff... It depends on the tanks and line. 

Games required=800000/2000=400

If we assume each game, including queuing and other shenanigans takes 10 minutes, that's approxiamtely 4000 minutes or slightly under 70 hours to go from tier 1 to tier 10. For a hardcore, dedicated player, sitting down for 10 hours a day would mean a tier 10 every week if they're only taking advantage of the permanently available bonuses. For committed players spending maybe an average of 2 hours a day, that's a month. 

Of course, that number becomes larger if you don't have a premium account, boosters, or if your results aren't as spectacular, but anywhere between a week to forever is believable for the time it takes to get a tier 10. 

NA Transferree

3 marks: Object 140, IS-7, T110E5, WZ-111 111 1 1 11 1-4, T-10, M103, IS-3, T26E4, T32, T29, Type 64

FramFramson #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

Major

• 37736 battles

[edited] stock grinding. No way can I be arsed to do that anymore. Luckily so few new lines interest me that even though grinding a new line to T9 or TX costs me a non-negligible bit of money (pretty much depends on how much free XP I convert and spend and how many early tiers I skip, but I also spend gold to retrain my crews as they move to each new tank - though I only ever convert or retrain when discounts are on), I don't do it very often.

Most recent was getting the Italians unlocked up to T9 (was only going to go to T7, but FL let me grind the Pantera 44 completely painlessly)... not sure if I'm going to bother with the T9 or TX unless they see a bit of a buff. I don't think the Polish tech tree tanks will interest me all that much, but I guess we'll see the stats.

Edited by FramFramson, 14 June 2018 - 09:33 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Wodka_Warrior #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17639 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH
6 years.....:(

FramFramson #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

Major

• 37736 battles

LOL true.

Took me over 2 years before I actually ground out my first TX.

(The Leopard 1, because masochism)

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

DanLBob #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23613 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

I came back to the game about three months ago after a couple of years hoping that AW would be a success. I don't play as much as I before I left (1-4 hours practically every day now maybe 1-2 hours every other day or so) and I'm only using premium account on weekends if I have nothing else on.

I have been grinding out a series of T8 lights (WZ132, M41, HWK12, BC12t) the AMX M4 45 and the Swedish and Italian lines. I've not finished any of the lights yet, have completed the grind for the 65t on the M4 45 but am still working up a crew on it before I buy the 65t. I'm at STRV 74 and Ikv 90B on the Swedish lines and the P26/40 on the Italians and these are the ones I try to make sure I do at least the daily doubles on each day.

Certainly finding the IKV90B a slog. I find I am extremely dependent on my team, any attempt to push on my part is suicidal and so I have to choose my camping spot and trust my team not to be 6-0 down in the first 3 mins. Not having good crews certainly complicates the low and mid tiers grinds. So far only my IKV has a sixth sense commander. I reckon I'm looking at at least another couple of months before i get to the 103B.

Dan

ILLBBACK2604 #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Private

• 2837 battles
As a new player it took me 4 weeks for the IS7, two weeks for the Obj 705A (mainly because they are on the same branch of the Tech tree) I have T-10 at teir 9 and about one third of of the exp I need for Obj 277 when its released. After that only the Obj 268 v4 interests me. Having said that I don't play these tanks a real lot its more of a challenge thing, I like the T6/T7 tanks in game play as they are more fun.

The_average_tanker #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10268 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

Took me more than a year to get to my first tier 10, i have 8 now (with 2 rewards so techinically 6) with almost 4-5 tier 9s i am grinding.

So while moving down more lines will cause you to get your first tier 10 later than most, you will subsequently get tier 10s faster.

_EzioAuditore_ #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Major

• 57706 battles
I took a few months to get my first tier x back when i was a 47%-er. It was faster after that. If you are better its also faster.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

kookookichoo #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

the ginchiest

• 18460 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

almost 18k battles and i’m only just about to get my 1st tier 10s...:ohmy:

i’ve been having too much fun at lower tiers, getting marks, doing missions and grinding multiple lines; at least i’ll have good crews and loads of credits when I finally get there

(thank me for not rushing to tier 10 and ruining the games with my scrub skills...;))

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20716 battles
Few months. Optimum powergrind would be 2 line at once.

THE ONLY REAL POWER COMES OUT OF A LONG RIFLE

Muds_Revenge #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 32332 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Another hidden bonus the russian tanks get, is I have found the heavy tanks DON'T need upgraded suspension to carry extra weights such as turret or gun upgrades.

This means when grinding russian heavy tanks, you can save so much xp NOT spending it on suspension or engine upgrades, and skip to the next tier so much faster.

crusin_custard #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

Private

• 113 battles
10 years via Serb's moon base

CaptainNoch_01 #15 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

It took me a month to unlock the T110E5 on this account, though not approximately as I spent the first week of gameplay playing most of the low tier tanks. 

I find that anyone can reach tier 3/4 in a day if you invest 6 hours in a day. Maybe a stock tier 3 if you can only dedicate 2-3 hours. Tier 1 takes about 10-15 battles to elite but let's be real, an average tier 1 match lasts 2-3 minutes.

Tier 5 might take a day or two to unlock after that.

Tier 6 might take at most three days to unlock and possibly elite.

Tier 7 can be done in six days to unlock and possibly elite.

Tier 8 can be done in a week to unlock though not elite.

Tier 9 - 10 together can take up two and half weeks of constant grinding (only playing those tanks, nothing else).

Consider that you play 6 hours a day, pick up the game fast, do something each game and powergrind up the tree, you're looking at around 30-50 days. Of course, having a premium account can effectively reduce the time by quarter to half and if you're not a new player and have atleast 50k+ free xp, you can easily skip to Tier 5 or Tier 6 to start the grind.

Of course, credits is another area of concern. You can't advance up the tree if you can't buy the next tank in the first place. Again, premium account and some credit boosters can help you make 80k credits in about 10-20 battles. Grinding for credits can also be a time consuming effort and considering that Tier 8 - 10 tanks can cost you 12 million credits JUST to buy them excluding all the other module upgrades, the month that I prescribed can easily double up unless you invest in a premium tank and/or account or you choose to play cheap by not equipping any premium consumables, ammo and equipment.

For example, when I unlocked the E5, true story be told, it took me nearly a year before I chose to buy it because I was also grinding up other lines which also required me to compromise here and there. As of now, I have unlocked many tier 7-8 tanks but can't buy them. 

Tier 8

1) M40/M43 - 2.5 Million Credits.

2) TVP VTU - 2.4 Million 

3) T-34-2 - 2.4 Million

4) O-Ho - 2.6 Million

5) Panther II - 2.3 Million

6) ISU-152 - 2.5 Million

Grand Total : 14.7 Million Credits!

As you can see, I may have took a month each to unlock up to these tanks in each line but that 14.7 million credits, that can easily take up 3 months of constant credit grinding without premium accounts and boosters.

Grinding xp to unlock up the line is not the time consuming part in my opinion. It is the credits grinding portion which will delay your progress. Of course, this is wholly my opinion and some may disagree. Some choose to sell the previous tank to help with credits but I've stopped doing that, I usually keep tanks above tier 6 or 7.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Revan #16 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• 23039 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I forgot about things like boosters, looks like they could shave a decent amount of time.

The recurring thing seems to be about 1-2 month if you play a lot, a power grind around 2 weeks with various boosters and long days. 

Never heard of a one week grind before, theoretically possible if you had enough boosters and played a 60 hour week I suppose and maybe avoided stock tanks. 

3-6 weeks for a fast grind would be the overall average now?

Empowered by the dark side, fueled by pubbie tears. 

Muds_Revenge #17 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 32332 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

yeah sounds right. its the farming credits while you go thing that sucks now. so many tier 8 prems have to press 2 more often, reducing income.

if a player has done everything right in WG play book, bought prem account, bought a tier 8 prem tank to farm credits, and bought a russian HT prem  to match his crew for his IS7 grind, it STILL can be the wrong tank to buy, because it can easily be underpowered vs even tier 9s.

If I was looking for a fast climb into a tier 10 tank right now, I'd base my choice on which tier 8 premium tank has the best fighting chance with standard ammunition vs tier 10, then tier 9 enemies. Then I would start grinding the same nations same class of tank. This is only based on the current game meta.

Maybe a lorraine, or russian tier 8 god med, t-44-100, t54 proto etc. I wouldn't recommend any germans.

DanLBob #18 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23613 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 15 June 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

yeah sounds right. its the farming credits while you go thing that sucks now. so many tier 8 prems have to press 2 more often, reducing income.

if a player has done everything right in WG play book, bought prem account, bought a tier 8 prem tank to farm credits, and bought a russian HT prem  to match his crew for his IS7 grind, it STILL can be the wrong tank to buy, because it can easily be underpowered vs even tier 9s.

If I was looking for a fast climb into a tier 10 tank right now, I'd base my choice on which tier 8 premium tank has the best fighting chance with standard ammunition vs tier 10, then tier 9 enemies. Then I would start grinding the same nations same class of tank. This is only based on the current game meta.

Maybe a lorraine, or russian tier 8 god med, t-44-100, t54 proto etc. I wouldn't recommend any germans.

Sorry but the WG preferred playbook also includes purchasing credit packs. All the other stuff is just to help get you over the line.

Dan

_EzioAuditore_ #19 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

Major

• 57706 battles
You can grind from t5-x in about week with all the bonuses they throw at you,using boosters and prem acc. Thanks to strongholds and frontlines(where people made millions), you can grind credits without going into random battles.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

CaptainNoch_01 #20 Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:24 AM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 15 June 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Never did I meant it that way. Your choice to shoot premium ammunition is solely your choice and one that can be controlled. When I meant lacking credits, I meant not being able to grind sufficient credits to finance your next tier tank. Truth be told, my first Tier 8 premium was only 'won' last year. Yet, I managed to grind just enough to buy tanks. Of course, that meant boring credits grinding sessions. 

You don't need to choose a specific tier 8 premium nor buy a tank that fits your premium vehicle. They can help but a baddie will always a baddie and he will not earn that much. I rarely use the premium ammo on my T25 Pilot which only had 192mm base pen yet I can make profits of 50k-80k. 

If you want to minimise losses, don't shoot premium ammo. It is easy to control. If you find a well-armoured tank, either run or play a more supportive role (tracking it, distracting it). Bouncing gold rounds is a thing and you will lose more in doing so. If people like SirFoch can do without gold here and there, I don't see how anyone can't do the same. 

Then again, there is no denying that your so-called 'WG playbook' is not a lie. It is true that it becomes more and more incentivising to start investing into premiums to make your gameplay 'easier', even I contemplate on investing real money. Similarly, that too is a choice and I have not spent real money on this game yet I can finance my grind here and there and afford to spam gold rounds in clan wars (I lost nearly 400k credits on the last day of the recent CW). 

On another point, given the new system of how consumables work with all the cooldowns, big repair kits and med kits have been undeniably less useful lately. WG seems to reward them candies lately; I earned 10 large repair kits tonight? Given they sell for 10k each, I easily earned 100k from them. This could help if you're in need of credits to progress up a tech tree. I don't think you'll need 1000 of them each in your depot. Again, such things can help with your grind up tech trees and speed it up by utilising such cheap means.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users