27 replies to this topic

Muds_Revenge #21 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 31678 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostMystblade, on 15 June 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

France versus Australia... I’m guessing 2-0 France... change my mind 

Australia is building a great game, has some talented players, awesome following and support, capitalising on its immigration, if NZ can get a draw vs the current world champs at that time (2010), anything is possible.

But yeah, smart money would be France, ex world champions 1998.

Not sure where to put my $1..is there a draw option?.

How about better odds for first goal scorer?.

crusin_custard #22 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

Private

• 113 battles

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 14 June 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I have no idea? Does Australia allow it? 

Yes, as long as the company is licensed. Mate you can beat on all sports in Australia. 

FramFramson #23 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

Major

• 35250 battles

View Postcrusin_custard, on 14 June 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Yes, as long as the company is licensed.

And what do you think the odds are that WG is licensed to offer sports betting in Australia?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

The_average_tanker #24 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9345 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View Postcrusin_custard, on 15 June 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Yes, as long as the company is licensed. Mate you can beat on all sports in Australia. 

Well I am sure WG must have run it through the legal team. But some countries do deem it to be illegal.

At the same time why not do it as NA (Yes they too announced a special similar to EU: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/soccer-mystery-ball-0618/) and EU does it? Why do the asia server monetization team have to decide this is an occasion to make money?

Yup i get it that they need money to run the servers, etc and a special is a good time to do it, but they will with the card stuff. Why not have just that? Why make it an option to buy packs to essentially bet on a team?

If this does not smack of greed i do not know what does.

I would have hoped WG placed ethics above and just did what EU and NA did!

Sir_Direkin #25 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• 9320 battles

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 15 June 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Maybe   the bit where you PAID real cash?

I know, what a concept. Sure, you'll still be getting something out of it as you're purchasing a day's premium time for slightly less than standard price, but at the end of the day it still requires payment of money towards a chance to win a prize.

At least the SEA site doesn't call it "Mystery Balls" like they do in the EU. That just has connotations of a certain type of film industry, toilet stalls, and a hole in the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

FramFramson #26 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:12 AM

Major

• 35250 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 15 June 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

I know, what a concept. Sure, you'll still be getting something out of it as you're purchasing a day's premium time for slightly less than standard price, but at the end of the day it still requires payment of money towards a chance to win a prize.

At least the SEA site doesn't call it "Mystery Balls" like they do in the EU. That just has connotations of a certain type of film industry, toilet stalls, and a hole in the wall.

OMG is that really what they're calling them!? :D

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

wasaabi #27 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20604 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

If the value of the goods being purchased with the chance to win is equivalent to what is being paid for then the chance to win is a bonus. 

Gambling is taking a risky action in order to have the possibility of a better result, if you have no chance to lose money then you are not gambling anything.  At worst it is an inducement to buy the goods.

If you went to a shop to buy a hot-dog and it was offered with a chance to win a prize if your team won but the hot-dog cost no extra, would that stop you buying it?

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #28 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60987 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 16 June 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

If the value of the goods being purchased with the chance to win is equivalent to what is being paid for then the chance to win is a bonus. 

Gambling is taking a risky action in order to have the possibility of a better result, if you have no chance to lose money then you are not gambling anything.  At worst it is an inducement to buy the goods.

If you went to a shop to buy a hot-dog and it was offered with a chance to win a prize if your team won but the hot-dog cost no extra, would that stop you buying it?

Paddle pop best non gambling pop.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users