Personal Reserves

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TargaryenSnow #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22886 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Now that there seems to be lots of reserves being offered for sale or earnt in game is it time to revisit the strategy of how they work?   Personally I think that whilst the reserves are useful they are not really geared to be efficient.   At the moment the inefficiencies lie in how long out of your 1h or 2h do you get a benefit.   On the Aussie Server I would say  that out of the time values you get between 30 and 50% usefulness as it just takes time to get into games.   On the Singapore server with a larger player base this could be between 10 and 20%.

Either server is, in my opinion, nowhere near as good for games per hour as probably the other servers (i.e. Russia, EU, NA etc).   Therefore their players get more benefit. and once again Asia and, in particular the Aussie periphery server player base, is disadvantaged.

I believe that a good way to sort it out and be fair to the customer is to ensure that the reserve only counts down when you are in the game.   i.e. when it is needed.   Anything else is just a grab for cash, not surprisingly.   This should not be hard to implement and it would be extremely well received by the player base of all servers.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

Don't kill all the stupid people, leave some for the other guys!

May RNG be forever in your favour.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65871 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

And I say premium account disadvantages Asian players more because of longer working hours.

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

The_average_tanker #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9334 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

Nah i am not buying them, Used to when i wanted to powergrind to tier 10, but now i just use whatever i get for free, not going to spend money for them.

Especially when they are time based and not based on the number of battles. Some days i do not feel like continuing for 2 hours and it feels like i am wasting a booster.

FramFramson #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:23 PM

Major

• 35235 battles

Reserves are never worth buying.

They give the things out like candy. I still have more than 50 each for crew XP and regular XP, despite actively trying to burn through them since Christmas 2016.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

_EzioAuditore_ #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

Major

• 55708 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostFramFramson, on 15 June 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

They give the things out like candy. I still have more than 50 each for crew XP and regular XP, despite actively trying to burn through them since Christmas 2016.

50 haha, i still have a few hundred spamming them every time i go either into random battles or frontlines.

Obj 260 Get! 286/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,62 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

southerner #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
Generally, I have found when I use reserves, the game you get is harder due to MM. So you have to get good or play harder.  And well, with our players skills on the asia server, my skills and the harder MM that comes with the reserves deal, you can guess how that pans out. End results--- I have umpteen hundreds of reserves that i dont use that i have won from the various promotions in game.

Edited by southerner, 15 June 2018 - 01:27 PM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

_EzioAuditore_ #7 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Major

• 55708 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Using reserves doesn't have anything to do with the MM [edited], stop using your tinfoil hats.

Obj 260 Get! 286/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,62 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

FramFramson #8 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Major

• 35235 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 15 June 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

50 haha, i still have a few hundred spamming them every time i go either into random battles or frontlines.

Well, it's a couple hundred all told.

But yeah, they're trivial to acquire.

BadTeddy #9 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

Corporal

• 35166 battles
  • [SNAFU] SNAFU

View Postsoutherner, on 15 June 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Generally, I have found when I use reserves, the game you get is harder due to MM. So you have to get good or play harder.  And well, with our players skills on the asia server, my skills and the harder MM that comes with the reserves deal, you can guess how that pans out. End results--- I have umpteen hundreds of reserves that i dont use that i have won from the various promotions in game.

You've got a sub 47% w/r and sub-600 WIN8 rating after almost 20k battles. C'mon, any 'difficulties' you experience are not related to reserves, imagined operating of the MM or other players. You might as well fill those three reserve slots each time you play; I find with an hour or so of WOT time a day the rate of consumption of them is still less than the rate of earning with the various missions WG have on offer. I couldn't ever imagine buying them.

southerner #10 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostBadTeddy, on 15 June 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

You've got a sub 47% w/r and sub-600 WIN8 rating after almost 20k battles. C'mon, any 'difficulties' you experience are not related to reserves, imagined operating of the MM or other players. You might as well fill those three reserve slots each time you play; I find with an hour or so of WOT time a day the rate of consumption of them is still less than the rate of earning with the various missions WG have on offer. I couldn't ever imagine buying them.

Yeah sub 47% win rate with nearly 20 K battles, thats the story of my wargaming life, guess i will always suck at it.

Bitter_Night #11 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Corporal

• 6781 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

It would be kinda nice to activate a 2 hour booster, then after I get tilted from an hours play on Au, come back and not have wasted the rest of it. The reserves running on game time would greatly lower my blood pressure.

FramFramson #12 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

Major

• 35235 battles

View Postsoutherner, on 15 June 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Yeah sub 47% win rate with nearly 20 K battles, thats the story of my wargaming life, guess i will always suck at it.

Well, with an attitude like that...

CaptainNoch_01 #13 Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:47 AM

Sergeant

• 18543 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

I find credits reserves to be the most worth it, not in terms of buying them but in terms of acquiring them. Add a premium account and premium tank into the equation, you have practically solved your credits issues. Of course, having the booster just by itself is already beneficial.

XP boosters, I don't really bother with them. I have loads of them and seldom use them except when I want to grind xp faster to finally end grinding a bad tank. 

If only credits boosters can be given out more than the mediocre xp boosters that we get like candies. Not that xp boosters are bad but compared to credits boosters, they're meh. Then again, WG values economy so no economy for us.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

southerner #14 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

Captain

• 13533 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostFramFramson, on 16 June 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Well, with an attitude like that...

What i mean is I have hit the wall, I just cannot seem to figure out how to improve.

stewiejp #15 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 39825 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFramFramson, on 15 June 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

They give the things out like candy.

Yep, - this. Though I guess I play less now than I used to, I "pop" them most of the time when I know I will be on for more than a hour and they never seem to drop below "99+". Much better value for money out there for people wanting to spend a few $$.

View Postsoutherner, on 15 June 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

With all due respect, when popping a booster, should you think to yourself, "I've just popped a booster, I bet I get a bad run now" - because it happened before - players can talk themselves into having a bad run at tanks. be it bottom tier, a string of low or zero damage games, losses or losing credits etc. Similar to watching the XVM "Chance to win" (don't get me started on that rubbish) - players see the odds may not be in their favour, so they don't take that aggressive position, play differently, sit back when they should push  because "we'll probably lose anyway" and when they do - they believe in the fake metric which told them they only had a 40% chance. It is very easy to talk yourself into a bad run - blaming boosters, MM, other players, the teams, pro's on the other team etc - are all simply distractions. Get rid of the distractions, and the game is a lot more enjoyable - fro this noob's point of view in any case.

See below

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 15 June 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Using reserves doesn't have anything to do with the MM [edited], stop using your tinfoil hats.

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

TargaryenSnow #16 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22886 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 15 June 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Nah i am not buying them, Used to when i wanted to powergrind to tier 10, but now i just use whatever i get for free, not going to spend money for them.

Especially when they are time based and not based on the number of battles. Some days i do not feel like continuing for 2 hours and it feels like i am wasting a booster.

This is exactly what I mean, it is a waste of a booster whereas if it was "in game" based, you would just continue, whenever you wanted to, until it was used.   That is value for the booster.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

mttspiii #17 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postsoutherner, on 15 June 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Most people, when they use reserves, or get free premium time, try to "maximize" their reserves. Their gameplay changes to be more aggressive to get the most of their reserves...and then they die faster and waste their reserves anyway.

The trick to using reserves, is to trick yourself into thinking that you're not on reserves.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

TargaryenSnow #18 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22886 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postsoutherner, on 15 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

There are always the ones out there that will point to the stats and say you are a bad player.   I am guessing you played a lot, like me, during the bad times where cheats were rife, luckily that is nowhere near as prolific now as it was then.   My stats took a hammering because of that and because I refused to be a sheep and play with cheats loaded.  I also banned my clan from using them (and booted players because of it).  I have found that the stats mean very little generally, it is all up to MM and how you get placed in battles a lot of the times.   And yes there are those really good players that can win or turn around matches but that is rare.   You don't suck at the game.   

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

TargaryenSnow #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22886 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postmttspiii, on 16 June 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Most people, when they use reserves, or get free premium time, try to "maximize" their reserves. Their gameplay changes to be more aggressive to get the most of their reserves...and then they die faster and waste their reserves anyway.

The trick to using reserves, is to trick yourself into thinking that you're not on reserves.

Very true.  It is all about playing smart, agressive/defensive it all depends on the game.   And remember "eyes" win the battle most of the time.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

TargaryenSnow #20 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22886 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postsoutherner, on 16 June 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

What i mean is I have hit the wall, I just cannot seem to figure out how to improve.

Not knowing how you play makes it difficult.   To improve you need to see the bigger picture in my view.   I was a heavy/medium player.   I hated Arty.   Now I play Arty a bit and I am pretty good at it, however it has shown me about the strategy of the game.   i.e. it shows me how to read the map and where to put resources (fire) to make the best use.  We all tend to get tunnel visioned and sometimes get too aggressive and die needlessly by doing something stupid.   Always keep one  eye on the map and get to critical areas when you can.   Rules I use are: 1. never work alone in a heavy. 2. form packs if you can. 3. destroy low HP tanks and take the gun out of the picture.   4. Use Arty. 5. dont overcommit.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

Also tagged with Personal, Reserves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users