Season 9 on the way. [Updated 6/28]

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

BrutalOlyx #101 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27956 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

In online entertainment need to boil your consumer down to their basic biology and the chemical reactions that take place in their brains.

In summery, the addictive elements of gaming comes with adrenaline from excitement. Dopamine for a sense of achievement. The more of this you give, the more attention you will get from your target.

What will drive your target away is excess of Cortisol, a stress hormone that the brain excretes when suffering failure. That horrible feeling one gets on a long losing streak - Cortisol. Too much of it over extended periods will make you sick and will eventually kill you. As a result, most humans will cease such activity that creates extended exposure to Cortisol

So to be consistantly successful in the entertainment industry, you need to deliver plenty of domamine and adrenaline experiences, with as little Cortisol experiences as possible.

Somehow WG manages to deliver the exact opposite, and most crucially, the exact opposite to new prospective customers.

Another factor in their falure is a lack of understanding of the primal tribal nature of Human Beings. Without it we would have been extinct long ago. The chemical released through human to human tribalism is Oxytocin. This is the chemical released when group success is achieved. It is addictive, and the chemical reason why clan culture is crucial to the WG business model.

They are noobs at WG. There is a reason why the west dominates the entertainment industry. WG need westerners to run their game for them.

The game seeminly has been successful. I think the game never even came close to achieving its potential.

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 12 July 2018 - 09:00 AM.

tekno #102 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 21052 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
^this guy....coherent conversation....on the forums no less...

Ezz #103 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61562 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttekno, on 12 July 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

^this guy....coherent conversation....on the forums no less...

I took out of it that some pubbies seem to have developed a cortisol resistance.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #104 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28328 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

It has achieved its potential, in Russia that is, where it pretty much saturated the market at one point. 

The places where it never really gained traction are mainly in the West, as can be seen with the dying NA server. WG has probably focused too much on keeping their current market dominance to change and adapt where necessary, and their choices have backfired on them with their game direction causing disenfranchisement in their primary market of Russia, as well as the decline in NA, ASIA and even in EU. 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 12 July 2018 - 02:48 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

BrutalOlyx #105 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27956 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostEzz, on 12 July 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I took out of it that some pubbies seem to have developed a cortisol resistance.

The above explains why Frontlines was so successful. There was always a sense of emergency with the threat to capzones that supplied the adrenaline, and a bountiful supply of targets to shoot to supply the dopamine. Even the greatest noobs still were able to do damage, and at least reach a rank of sergeant, getting that sense of achievement and the dopamine hit that comes with it. Setback were always only temporary and minor, you could re-spawn a new tank, or shift to q different (dominant) flank, so cortisol was minimal.

When a scrub comes to a forum complaining about a losing streak, he is actually complaining about the Cortisol coursing his system, that makes him feel physically ill. If I was running this game, I would be less concerned about telling him to 'get gud' and more concerned about creating a mode of play where he could enjoy a sense of achievement (PvE with bots, same tier matchmaking, skill based matchmaking)

Anyway, I have drifted way off topic somehow, sorry about that.

New season has been announced. No changes. Hopefully our clan can can scrape together 10 or more winning souls to play late for 6 weeks so we can get that summer camo.

IMC_Jimmy #106 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 17992 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Any word on when the season will start?

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

kookookichoo #107 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

the ginchiest

• 17870 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
18/07: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/clan-wars/gm-season-9/

Edited by kookookichoo, 16 July 2018 - 06:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users