Help, I’m trash and I can’t stop it

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

RonanTheAccuser #1 Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Private

• 10 battles

long post warning

I’m posting from my alt account, so I actually have 40 battles unlike the 10 it says.

I’ve been doing my best to perform well but no matter what I do, it fails. So far I’m on a pathetic 42.5% WR and 51% HR.

I’ve got two problems so far,

First of all, it’s very difficult for me to find an effective fighting spot. If I ever make it into a place where I can shoot, I’ll get decimated in an unpredictable amount of time. I seem to be a decent sniper, the Pz.Jag.I, alongside the MS-1 and the Medium I, are the only tanks with which I have a fair average performance. I seem to function best with fast tanks and sniping, but with anything else I’m trash. I either get into a position and die within a minute or never find a position at all.

The second problem is SPGs. I’ve tried a few battles with the Loyd GC and I understand the mechanics, but I seem incapable of hitting anything. I have better luck with maps like Mines, but on flat maps like Himmelsdorf it seems impossible to rain shots down on the enemies. Finding a stationary target is very difficult, and finding a detected one is even more so, and when I do find one I’ll miss and they’ll move before I can try again. I’ve been trying to practise but it’s very difficult when I can never set myself an example of what and what not to do. 

With nearly 8k battles on Blitz, I expected a change but I didn’t expect to be set back to the abysmal level I had a year ago when I first started driving tanks. I always hate being a burden to the team, and it looks like one player can affect a 15 player team much more than I expected. Does anyone have any advice?

TLDR I can never find a decent position without being shredded and I’m trash at using SPGs. Help me please. 

Edited by RonanTheAccuser, 17 June 2018 - 04:41 PM.

_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Major

• 56326 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Its low tiers, there is no logic or meta in low tiers except camo sniping. As to spgs, don't bother using them, low tier spgs are useless and battles are over too quickly, only higher tier spgs are useful and even then for missions. If you want to improve then spgs are not worth playing, just free exp to a t6 once you have tank lines and performance settled and just durrrr randomly click people for 1k dmg and 15s stun with "nerfed" spgs.

Obj 260 Get! 286/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,62 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

The_average_tanker #3 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9679 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

It takes time and effort learning the game mechanics. I am almost 10k battles in and still just started learning. 

Try to get out of the lower tiers fast. When the patch hits, do the tutorial to get to a tier 6 and then stay there to learn the game. learn about the mechanics. 

Watch streamers and youtubers to learn the mechanics. do not worry i used to be 44% win rate at 2k something battles it is definitely possible to improve!

Ezz #4 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61654 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
And don't be discouraged just because you're struggling early on. The game has a long and fairly steep learning curve with lots of nuances that can take a fair while to get on top of. As above, if you feel you aren't learning in the lower tiers,  try watching some streamers for tips. And welcome to the forums by the way. That in itself already puts you will ahead of most pubbies. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #5 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20172 battles
In WoT, you're fighting final boss right from the start. Gonna need real serious interest in tanks to keep up grinding. Most ppl I recommend this game quit before getting tier 6. Get into some very nice newbie clan would help. Dunno if they're still active or not.

Anyone know how to put meme on sig, plss PM me, tq.

The_Goblin_King #6 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

Corporal

• 50137 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
40 battles is a small sample size. You could have just had bad luck with your teams. My worst losing streak was 15 games in a row and I gave a 53.5% win rate.

AlexTheKid72 #7 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Corporal

• 11956 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

I was terrible for my first 2k games, discovered you can drown by drowning. 42% wr lol.

By the time I had hit 5k games, winrate was up to 45% - my biggest detriment was buying a Patriot and playing with bigboys. Winrate in that is gawdawful still, I doubt I'll ever get it green.

Then I met some people willing to teach instead of insult. Also discovered Claus et al. on youtube and studied a bit. Have had a steady increase in wins since then, feeling average now instead of a burden (at 47.3 wr and 11k games lol).

Don't despair after 50 games. Maybe if after 10k games you still feel useless look to candycrush.

Remember you are playing with and against 40k plus game 9 year veterans. It's like the All-Blacks vs. a high school 3rd grade team, there is no comparison.

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

_EzioAuditore_ #8 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Major

• 56326 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Most you will see are 6 year veterans from 2012, there are only a couple from that(myself being dec 2012) and even fewer from 2011. But yea the point still stands.

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 18 June 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Remember you are playing with and against 40k plus game 9 year veterans. It's like the All-Blacks vs. a high school 3rd grade team, there is no comparison.

Obj 260 Get! 286/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,62 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

TheBudgiesmuggler #9 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• 23147 battles
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
There is always losers and winners in WoT, the game is designed that way, if everyone was 50% how boring would the game be, so sometimes you get good RNG but most of the time its crap RNG depending on who you are ( oh I wait for tin foil hat comments) and yes skill plays a big part and RNG does the rest. Sometimes you get good team placement and most of the time crap team placement. Like for example opposition team will be comprised of a  Yeti, Life, 1AR and a Pyro mix  which right from the start you don't need  a psychic to know who's going to win .... lmao …. I try hard to win and will a good % of the time be top in dam on the losing side but eventually you just build a bridge and "get over it". So I run SPG because I like to annoy anti-SPG players, one has to have a hobby …. So when I get pissed off with tier 8/9/10, I run my seal clubbing C2 aka the mini KV2, its good for a laugh.....

CaptainNoch_01 #10 Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Sergeant

• 19135 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostRonanTheAccuser, on 17 June 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

long post warning

I’m posting from my alt account, so I actually have 40 battles unlike the 10 it says.

I’ve been doing my best to perform well but no matter what I do, it fails. So far I’m on a pathetic 42.5% WR and 51% HR.

I’ve got two problems so far,

First of all, it’s very difficult for me to find an effective fighting spot. If I ever make it into a place where I can shoot, I’ll get decimated in an unpredictable amount of time. I seem to be a decent sniper, the Pz.Jag.I, alongside the MS-1 and the Medium I, are the only tanks with which I have a fair average performance. I seem to function best with fast tanks and sniping, but with anything else I’m trash. I either get into a position and die within a minute or never find a position at all.

The second problem is SPGs. I’ve tried a few battles with the Loyd GC and I understand the mechanics, but I seem incapable of hitting anything. I have better luck with maps like Mines, but on flat maps like Himmelsdorf it seems impossible to rain shots down on the enemies. Finding a stationary target is very difficult, and finding a detected one is even more so, and when I do find one I’ll miss and they’ll move before I can try again. I’ve been trying to practise but it’s very difficult when I can never set myself an example of what and what not to do. 

With nearly 8k battles on Blitz, I expected a change but I didn’t expect to be set back to the abysmal level I had a year ago when I first started driving tanks. I always hate being a burden to the team, and it looks like one player can affect a 15 player team much more than I expected. Does anyone have any advice?

TLDR I can never find a decent position without being shredded and I’m trash at using SPGs. Help me please. 

Firstly, you're new to the PC version of the game. Don't expect that whatever skills you picked up from Blitz will be relevant. Maps are different and playstyles are definitely different at an unmeasurable rate. Blitz - it's a phone game - most will be casual players playing on their way home from school or work. PC version - it's a whole different story - it's more competitive and 'real' gamers are playing it.

Secondly, it's Tier 1 and Tier 2. Most of us (except statpadders and stats fixers) would have spent more than 500 battles with those two tiers. To be honest, even seasoned and decent players can be shredded at such tiers though that may not be entirely true since it is the decent players who play tanks that shreds others. It's low tier and it's more of a survival than strategies. In fact, it feels more like a Battle Royale where even your teammates try to kill you, they think killing an ally will give them credits or 'friendly fire' is on or they're just plain [edited] on alt accounts.

My only tip to you, leave that two tiers. Little help can be rendered on that tier. Anyway, those two tiers are by far irrelevant to most players (unless of course you're a statpadder). Wait till you get to Tier 4 or 5 and see your Winrate stabilise more; teams would be more organised and there will be more decent players that could carry your game or lead to your defeat.

50 battles combined, no, don't talk about stats. Play the game slowly and learn the skills needed. There's no point starting an alt this early just to have it suffer the same issue as your main. Tier 1 and 2 need no skills. Even a clueless player can end up with 6 kills if the game plays to him.

Play to 5k battles then you can start crying about your bad stats or start to ask for advice on stats fixing. But before that, learn the game! If you fail to learn the game from the start, you'll end up like those with 40k games yet with 40% winrate - you don't want to be like that guy.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Puggsley #11 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• 59938 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Learn the mechanics.

Vision and Camo - when you can see others and when they can see you. This is critical.

Armour and Penetration - how can you reduce the damage you take and maximise the damage you do to others. Again this is critical.

Accept that this will take you a little while to get your head around, but if you do take the time it will pay you back hugely. Accept some losses to understand these mechanics, they will set you up to be a good player. Forget the impact on your stats, if you are here in 12 months time you will look back as most of us do and not be worried at all about stats when we first played the game. And if you understand and apply the mechanics you will have a very decent win rate. 

The_Goblin_King #12 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

Corporal

• 50137 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

A point about camo that took me about 10k games to know - if you drive up to a Bush and it goes transparent it will still provide camo until you fire. If you fire your gun you lose a lot of your camo rating. So what you can do in a scouting tank is spot a tank while in a bush, then pull back until it is no longer transparent, but you will still see the spotted tanks outline, and then fire your gun. Because you are far enough away from the Bush your gun fire won't cause you to lose its camo rating.

JOC469 #13 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66555 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

You have a wealth of knowledge available to you now as a new player today that wasn’t available when the game first started. There are plenty of youtubers around to get an understanding of some of the basics - like QB - or high level gameplay.

Low tier gameplay is actually quite challenging for many and can be unforgiving at times. You have a lower HP pool and mistakes can be more costly. You also may have lesser skilled crews.

If you are playing arta on PC you have obviously worked out how to research modules and tanks in the tech tree. What crew have you put in the higher tier tanks? Have you retrained a new crew? For gold, credits, or for free? Crews with <100% skill will perform poorly.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

JOC469 #14 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:44 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66555 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Also since you have less than 50 battles make sure that you shoot a team mate in the next game you play. There is an evil award called a “battle buddy”. This is not something you want to earn. You should also look for opportunities to ram and kill higher tier tanks than the one you are playing. 

These two two actions combine to contribute to your WnEzz score - the only metric worth worrying about. Even more important than win rate.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Puggsley #15 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• 59938 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Excellent points JOC.

Blundering through the early phase of your WoT career unknowingly accumulating BB's and missing out on Kamikazes makes it so hard to recover a decent WNEzz.

I'm considering a reroll......

Vapourizor #16 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 44454 battles

Get into a Tier 4 or 5 tank and grind a crew skill or two before moving up to tier 6 and beyond. There is a lot of good info out there on what crew skills to develop for different tanks light/med/heavy/TD. Once you get used to this you will find that you want to modify these on a tank by tank basis. Watch youtubers, find the ones that help with improving skills like lemming rush rather than tier 10 reviewers like quickbaby though watch him also. Read the wiki pages on game mechanics and view relevant videos. Work a tank until you get a master more than once. Your win rate will rocket on a tank with good crew (+2 skills/perks) vehicle cammo and good modules (binocs, vents etc.). FInd tanks that suit you. Remember we are not all unicums and most people in the higher tiers are not good players. Higher PR will come as you move up the tiers and improve your win rate. Spend gold on crew revisions if you are not a unicum then crew skills are your best friend.

Whatever line you are developing examine the crew requirements along the entire line. Most lines have crew changes that hurt when you have not prepared and are specifically designed to force all of us to spend gold or real money. This is normal in on line gaming. if we don't spend money the games disappear. 

Join a  clan, most clan players are either learning or teaching. You will need communications just like in real tanks, headphone and microphone. Play support to more experienced players in similar tanks. Platooning with random people without communications it is a bit pointless. Its better to politely approach someone after a battle and ask them to platoon with you if they have just had a good battle. We all like to be complimented. 

Look at your good and awful replays what do they tell you?

Dont cheat, report bullies who push you out etc.  expect criticism its part of the game... learn!! 

TheBudgiesmuggler #17 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Sergeant

• 23147 battles
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
Just go join PBKAC, Life or Yeti and watch your stats miraculously improve

Ezz #18 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61654 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's a mirra coil! 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users