Panther/M10 could get a DPM buff?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Panther/M10 (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is panther/M10 DPM not enough against other well balanced premium tier 7s?

1. no enough (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. yes its DPM is enough (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

3. maybe (1 vote [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. thats not the point (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

NameWasStolenStresslevel #1 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

I just purchased this premium tier 7 tank because i am tired of playing pz.hydrostat to train my german medium crew, and after playing some 30 battles on it, i realized this tank is preferential MM because it needs to. I hope russian WG makes this tank a good well rounder when it remove this tank from preferential match maker in the future.

Panther/M10 is an average tier 6.5 tank, with low DPM compared to other tier 7s and its slow making this tank a bit awkward to climb slopes in time to take control of important positions.

this tank have nothign special going for it, all other premiums have something special, this tank is just too normal. One good thing to do to make it unique would be to buff its rate of fire to some 5 shells less per minute when compared to e25, that would make this tank unique (currently e25 fires about 8 shells more per minute than the panther/m10)

low points:

-It has lower DPM than tanks like VK30.02 and E25;

-the low alpha doesnt match the low DPM;

-it has low view range;

-its big, so no camo values, and arty will focus it;

-it has kinda more HP than others, but then again its big;

-it has different crew layot from leopard line;

good points:

-pen is okay since its preferential MM;

-gun depression is average;

-it has almost same stats as T43 (russian tier 7);

-turret is small and thats it.

it seems the low points are more than the good points, i might be wrong for not having included soft stats guns that are kinda good, but this tank is too big for so low rate of fire, i think this tank could be the pew pew gun king tank??? It would be fun if its (gross) rate of fire was a round 3 seconds instead of 3.5 seconds. Ofc i might be wrong, but then again thats what the forums are for. 

It could get a buff in rate of fire?

thx.

i noticed this tank is a good credt maker even without boosters, but because it has low rate of fire it can get cant do what its turret and soft gun stats are invinting for: Constantly shooting.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 19 June 2018 - 11:05 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:31 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58269 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Its supposedly a good tank, but i find that the neither the armor, HP or DPM save it as a good tank for me. Do terribly in it.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Dumb0_Duck #3 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:30 AM

Got any grapes?

• 29425 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

From what I've just read I'm assuming you haven't played the tank much. I've played it for over 300 games and consider myself decent at it. Here's my opinion 

low points:

-It has lower DPM than tanks like VK30.02 and E25; It actually has higher DPM than the VK 30.02M and why would you bother comparing the tank to an E-25? That thing is broken af

-the low alpha doesnt match the low DPM; The alpha is perfectly acceptable and its DPM is not bad at all. If you compare it will all the tier 7 MTs, its got one of the highest DPM

-it has low view range; Its useable and could be far worse

-its big, so no camo values, and arty will focus it; This I agree with

-it has kinda more HP than others, but then again its big; Its large HP Pool makes up for its large size

-it has different crew layot from leopard line; No, its got an extra crew space for a radio operator, It can still train up a leopard crew

good points:

-pen is okay since its preferential MM; Meh I guess so

-gun depression is average; I personally classify 8 degrees of gun depression as above average but thats just a matter of perspective

-it has almost same stats as T43 (russian tier 7); Not even close, the T43's gun handling is garbage compared to the M/10. Proof: Link to tanks.gg

-turret is small and thats it. You might need to go to spec savers and get a pair of glasses cause the M/10 has one of the biggest turrets at tier 7. Its bigger than most heavies. Trying to hide it is pretty tough and it also affects your camo value in a negative way

I would recommended playing more battles (at least 50) before drawing any conclusions. The Panther M/10 is a highly capable tier 7 medium and a beast of a tank if played correctly. It does not need any buffs in its current state. 

Edited by Defiant_Duck, 20 June 2018 - 09:30 AM.

Discord

Ezz #4 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDefiant_Duck, on 20 June 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

From what I've just read I'm assuming you haven't played the tank much. I've played it for over 300 games and consider myself decent at it. Here's my opinion 

low points:

-It has lower DPM than tanks like VK30.02 and E25; It actually has higher DPM than the VK 30.02M and why would you bother comparing the tank to an E-25? That thing is broken af

-the low alpha doesnt match the low DPM; The alpha is perfectly acceptable and its DPM is not bad at all. If you compare it will all the tier 7 MTs, its got one of the highest DPM

-its big, so no camo values, and arty will focus it; This I agree with

-it has kinda more HP than others, but then again its big; Its large HP Pool makes up for its large size

-it has different crew layot from leopard line; No, its got an extra crew space for a radio operator, It can still train up a leopard crew

good points:

-gun depression is average; I personally classify 8 degrees of gun depression as above average but thats just a matter of perspective

-it has almost same stats as T43 (russian tier 7); Not even close, the T43's gun handling is garbage compared to the M/10. Proof: Link to tanks.gg

-turret is small and thats it. You might need to go to spec savers and get a pair of glasses cause the M/10 has one of the biggest turrets at tier 7. Its bigger than most heavies. Trying to hide it is pretty tough and it also affects your camo value in a negative way

Now that you've found the forums... a brief heads up, the moderators for reasons get super triggered when anyone uses red text.

But yeah, not sure why the M10 would need a buff considering its strengths.

Quote Updated , Ill forgive this because the quoter has changed the colors
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys, 20 June 2018 - 11:07 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Dumb0_Duck #5 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

Got any grapes?

• 29425 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Now that you've found the forums... a brief heads up, the moderators for reasons get super triggered when anyone uses red text.

Purple is the new red :) 

Edited by Defiant_Duck, 20 June 2018 - 07:43 AM.

Discord

spacewolf #6 Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:09 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 69108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'd take a free buf to the M10. Doesn't need it, but I'll have it anyway.

Proudly sponsored by WG

ThomChen114 #7 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35009 battles

I'd imagine the Panther/M10 would be more comparable to the Panther if WG decides to trade its pref MM status and buff it. 

other than keeping the historical L70 and not giving it the comically long L100, maybe give a global boost to the 7.5cm L70 penetration and make it so that sniping does not mean loading the gold premium ammunition. 

maybe give it slightly more HP to further make up for its size (or not) and buff the view range.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

mttspiii #8 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29563 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostDefiant_Duck, on 20 June 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

-turret is small and thats it. You might need to go to spec savers and get a pair of glasses

Imagery helps in advertising...

View PostThomChen114, on 20 June 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

I'd imagine the Panther/M10 would be more comparable to the Panther if WG decides to trade its pref MM status and buff it. 

other than keeping the historical L70 and not giving it the comically long L100, maybe give a global boost to the 7.5cm L70 penetration and make it so that sniping does not mean loading the gold premium ammunition. 

maybe give it slightly more HP to further make up for its size (or not) and buff the v view range.

Let it shoot APCR by default, and heap up on soft stats and mobility to make up for the awkward tank design.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:41 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles
thanks for the replies and opinions guys. Its finally my day off after a week on working until late.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:43 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 20 June 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

Its supposedly a good tank, but i find that the neither the armor, HP or DPM save it as a good tank for me. Do terribly in it.

yeah, it also have a big turret as someone above said, it should have better view range, or at least better RoF!

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

View PostDefiant_Duck, on 20 June 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

low points:

-the low alpha doesnt match the low DPM; The alpha is perfectly acceptable and its DPM is not bad at all. If you compare it will all the tier 7 MTs, its got one of the highest DPM

-its big, so no camo values, and arty will focus it; This I agree with

-it has kinda more HP than others, but then again its big; Its large HP Pool makes up for its large size

-it has different crew layot from leopard line; No, its got an extra crew space for a radio operator, It can still train up a leopard crew

good points:

-gun depression is average; I personally classify 8 degrees of gun depression as above average but thats just a matter of perspective

-it has almost same stats as T43 (russian tier 7); Not even close, the T43's gun handling is garbage compared to the M/10. Proof: Link to tanks.gg

-turret is small and thats it. You might need to go to spec savers and get a pair of glasses cause the M/10 has one of the biggest turrets at tier 7. Its bigger than most heavies. Trying to hide it is pretty tough and it also affects your camo value in a negative way

I would recommended playing more battles (at least 50) before drawing any conclusions. The Panther M/10 is a highly capable tier 7 medium and a beast of a tank if played correctly. It does not need any buffs in its current state. 

1. i thought i read somewhere in the stat list that there is a german tier 7 tank that has "vk and 02" in its name (so many german tanks has similar name) and it has better view range than the poor panther/m10

2. on the wiki site for world of tanks it says that panther/m10 have a low profile turret, and i might have mistankely understood this as if the turret was small (low profile and small are different things i know), but i have never really taken a close look on its turret when around other tanks, to be able to tell the difference, also the turret was never a problem for me or getting hit on it often enough to notice that its big. But i will take a second look on it today, to compare its size to other tanks.

3. if the turret is big like u said, and the tank is big, then view range should be better, you said the view range its useable, that doesnt mean its enough

4. yes the crew layout fits the leopard line, but not perfectly, you cant use your commander's situational awereness skill on panther/m10 since thats gonna be the radio's operator jobs to use, the commander have that skill disabled and unless you have a trained radio man with situational awereness already on the panther m10, u will have to train it separetly since u cant use radioman on leopard line from around tier 7-8 until lepard 1. Waste of slot on the commander with a disabled greyed out skill slot.

5. i was mentioning T43 as similar stats because of similar mobility and similar RoF which leads to similar play style, but i used the garage comparison feature too and not GG tanks website to take this conclusion, but sure the stats arent similar, specially because m10 is preferential MM, buut T43 "stats similarity" i meant was more about the rate of fire than the actual gun stats. But okay i know many people will not aggree with that.

Okay then, you dont want the panther/m10 to be buffed alright thats okay, but remember that everything in this game that doesnt get buffed, does get nerfed eventually. So i am attempting to stop that nerf from occuring by suggesting it to be buffed (and saying the truth, that the panther/m10 is a normal tank, needs to be better than normal i guessed) Ofc many will disagree.

thx 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 June 2018 - 10:34 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Quote Updated , Ill forgive this because the quoter has changed the colors
~Ephys

it needs a buff because if doesnt need a buff then it needs a nerf on WG logic...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 June 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #13 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

View Postspacewolf, on 20 June 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I'd take a free buf to the M10. Doesn't need it, but I'll have it anyway.

what about the rate of fire or the view range? I am totally expecting this to get buffed someday because this tank needs an update.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

First lieutenant

• 36062 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 20 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Imagery helps in advertising...

Let it shoot APCR by default, and heap up on soft stats and mobility to make up for the awkward tank design.

i dont need glasses. The turret isnt so big, the tank needs a buff. Capicce?

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #15 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 June 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Maybe you could suggest to WG that they change it to a normal MM tank. That way it might get a buff and everyone's happy right...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

mttspiii #16 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29563 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Which is why 3 buffs were suggested: increased pen (by spamming APCR by default like the SARL 42), better terrain resistance, and Russian hovermed gun handling.

View range is iffy; it gets preferential MM and thus meets tier 5 & 6 a lot more often. You'd likely have to give up preferential MM to get a noticeable VR buff; otherwise a 10-meter VR buff lets you see maybe a KV-2 earlier, but not much else.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

DanLBob #17 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23747 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Been using mine a lot over the last few days because its much more reliable to grind credits in than any of my T8's. The only real problem I've noticed is how easy it seems to get track now and how many times i get multiple crew injuries. I do note though that WG has kindly provided me option of large repair kits and first aid kits you know if I want to actually lose credits while grinding them.

Dan

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #18 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 69592 battles
  • [WAT] WAT
Try Pudel... tier 6 targets are easier to farm than tier 7

DanLBob #19 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23747 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 02 August 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

Try Pudel... tier 6 targets are easier to farm than tier 7

Why buy Poodle when I have a Cromwell B?

Dan

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #20 Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:14 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 69592 battles
  • [WAT] WAT

Because Poodle is essentially a PzM10 with less HP and corridor maps will not be auto-lose when top tier or mid tier

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users