The cowards that play the game

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

CaptainNoch_01 #41 Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

Sergeant

• 23396 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostChiliMan, on 27 June 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I don't disagree. I'm trying to improve skills across the board including my SR. Victories are at 49.42% but it was as low as 47% so I'm happy with that so far. RNG has been relatively kind in the last week or so.

HR is at 61.74 but that's gradually improving. I play mainly supporting role and LT's.

For a returning player, no offence but 49% is quite poor. Considering you've played the game before, 51% should be manageable considering you left at that percentage. Starting from scratch, you should have more clue than a newbie driving his Tier 2 around with the stock gun, not knowing where to go.

Survival Rate is the least important statistic. Even your good guys can barely do more than 50% or the higher bands of the 40%s. Most average players do around 30% while some exceptional yolo-suiciders and ardent 'team players' will do 28% (they play for the team, they die for the team). A high SR is commendable but similarly, it can hint that you tend to camp or contribute little and that is reflected by the average WR. Of course, I am not saying that a high SR means you're a mediocre/bad player but stats are not seen individually but rather as a collective. Same goes with third party statistics like WN8. You can have 55% WR but if your WN8 is orange/red, that shows that you're merely being carried rather than being the one who carry and deserves to be treated as a 'pro' or good player.

For HR, one tip, avoid low tiers and machine guns. Personally, HR above 67% or 68% is good. Anything below, either you blind shoot a lot or shoot a lot on the move or you just can't aim or an arty player :trollface:

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #42 Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

Captain

• 50129 battles

my survival rate is low because MM is rigged and RNG only benefit players who purchase those bundles and not players who carefully purchase things on discount!!!! Also i used to lag a lot and my internet connection always used to cut at least twice a day (now its fixed coz i changed to fiber optic from ADSL). There must be a ton of other reasons my stats are bad, bad teams, bad MM, bad tanks, i have nothing to complain about myself though, i have done everything perfect, i know everything, i am always doing the right thing, I AM PERFECT!!!! i am pretty sure its someone's else fault!!!

GG and see u guys on battlefield by the weekends..

thx

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 June 2018 - 10:23 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

ChiliMan #43 Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Corporal

• 10832 battles

View PostCaptainNoch_01, on 27 June 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

For a returning player, no offence but 49% is quite poor. Considering you've played the game before, 51% should be manageable considering you left at that percentage. Starting from scratch, you should have more clue than a newbie driving his Tier 2 around with the stock gun, not knowing where to go.

Survival Rate is the least important statistic. Even your good guys can barely do more than 50% or the higher bands of the 40%s. Most average players do around 30% while some exceptional yolo-suiciders and ardent 'team players' will do 28% (they play for the team, they die for the team). A high SR is commendable but similarly, it can hint that you tend to camp or contribute little and that is reflected by the average WR. Of course, I am not saying that a high SR means you're a mediocre/bad player but stats are not seen individually but rather as a collective. Same goes with third party statistics like WN8. You can have 55% WR but if your WN8 is orange/red, that shows that you're merely being carried rather than being the one who carry and deserves to be treated as a 'pro' or good player.

For HR, one tip, avoid low tiers and machine guns. Personally, HR above 67% or 68% is good. Anything below, either you blind shoot a lot or shoot a lot on the move or you just can't aim or an arty player :trollface:

I was a pro bullrider once and riding in two countries showed me that while you might have control of 50% of the ride which is you the other 50% you have no control over. The same is with this game. There are maps that never existed when I last played this game and there are also new ones or changed ones. I also don't profess to be a good player and to be honest it doesn't both me, I'm just talking. 

Thanks for the advice anyway.

anonym_dFJfwi30yvzd #44 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Major

• 0 battles
49% is really poor.

Zynth #45 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27020 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I don't disagree. I'm trying to improve skills across the board including my SR. Victories are at 49.42% but it was as low as 47% so I'm happy with that so far. RNG has been relatively kind in the last week or so.

HR is at 61.74 but that's gradually improving. I play mainly supporting role and LT's.

LTs are hard. Go play another class.

They require in-depth knowledge of several mechanics and good situational awareness. They can be frustrating for less experienced players to grasp.

Also screw HR. If I fire 20 shots and land 10, I have a 50% HR. If you fire 10 shots and land 8, that's 80% HR. But I still do more damage. 

Edited by Zynth, 27 June 2018 - 04:50 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #46 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
The noob friendly skill lvl for class goes -->
Armored HT\TD > soft\camo TD > high alpha arty > low alpha arty > autoloader med/HT > hevium > armored med > soft med > LT > german LT.

At least thats what I think of most casul play lvl will be :P

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

neokai #47 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

Your HR is more than sufficient, and HR as a metric is only there to confirm if you are missing too much, and not a performance metric per se. My HR for most of my career was between 55%-60%. HR is a bad metric because it doesn't account for volume of fire, i.e. you are working on efficiency rather than efficacy. As Zynth's example shows, I would rather put double the rounds downrange at a 30% loss of accuracy than to put half the rounds at best accuracy. Focusing on HR also leads to bad habits like over-staying in vulnerable positions (like the top of ledges) just to get fully aimed shots off or not choosing to snapshot on the move.

A better performance metric if you want to measure supporting roles is kill-death ratio (kdr) and damage ratio (DR).

• kdr is a remix of the kills, but checked against your deaths to gauge if you are killing enough of the enemy to impact the influence, with 1.0 being par and higher kdrs leading to more victories.
  • DR is the definitive measure of supporting fire - if you are not dealing damage for every drop of health you lose you are essentially a meat shield, not a gun.

Edited by neokai, 27 June 2018 - 05:28 PM.

Spoiler

ChiliMan #48 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Corporal

• 10832 battles
Thanks for the comments.

Wolvenworks #49 Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 15302 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Postneokai, on 26 June 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Your survival rate is pretty average imo, because SR measures whether you are alive by game's end, so expect it to be <40% with most players hovering around 25-28% iirc. A better metric to determine if you are not yolo-dying too often is avg battle time (if you have a way to collate and view it).

There's enough collation between kills/damage and victories that it's generally accepted to have a cause/effect relationship. It's not the defining cause, but upping kills/damage does lead to winning more.

P.S. Non-sequitur, one early review technique that worked for me is to describe what the enemy's tactics were in a game and how that wound up winning the battle for them. Since it's objectively about other people winning fights, my mindset is entirely on reverse-engineering why that method worked in that one battle.

as someone who occasionally strategises too, don't forget the biggest rule in strategies: no matter how well laid your plans are, there will ALWAYS be something screwing it up somehow. a person well versed in strategies will always have a fallback plan, or somehow is able to take into account the chaos from the FOW (Fog of War)

neokai #50 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostWolvenworks, on 27 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

as someone who occasionally strategises too, don't forget the biggest rule in strategies: no matter how well laid your plans are, there will ALWAYS be something screwing it up somehow. a person well versed in strategies will always have a fallback plan, or somehow is able to take into account the chaos from the FOW (Fog of War)

Some plays are YOLO (hi-risk hi-reward), e.g. early game yolo down the 1 line on Mines. You take the corner spot and you have effectively won the hill and a huge chunk of map control. There is no fall-back plan for the 1-line yolo though (best hope is hugging the slope but that is just a delaying tactic for your impending death).

I mean sure, always consider fall-backs, but some plays are meant to be all-in calls. It's part of the fun to have such viable plays.

Spoiler

Wolvenworks #51 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 15302 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Postneokai, on 29 June 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Some plays are YOLO (hi-risk hi-reward), e.g. early game yolo down the 1 line on Mines. You take the corner spot and you have effectively won the hill and a huge chunk of map control. There is no fall-back plan for the 1-line yolo though (best hope is hugging the slope but that is just a delaying tactic for your impending death).

I mean sure, always consider fall-backs, but some plays are meant to be all-in calls. It's part of the fun to have such viable plays.

true, but i'm a more cautious schemer. the kind that wouldn't go full ham unless it's absolutely necessary to break the deadlock, or when sufficient advantages are present. my charges would make Chi-Ha-Tan proud tho if i have the proper backup (which usually is never present)

Nixed_Muts #52 Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

More Rage Than Skill

• 36161 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

i

Non-constructive posting.  User already warned.

~Wasaabi

TheBudgiesmuggler #53 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 34076 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostEzz, on 24 June 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

So by coward do we assume that is anyone 47% or below playing upper tiers?

That's a laugh seen plenty of 50% and above suicide or sit back and leave it up to the lower % players to carry the game, so yes assumptions make [edited] out of players..

Napalmer #54 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51990 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

Generally though, a sub 47% player is most likely sitting at the back of the map being useless.

Heck, if they weren't useless on a regular basis, why would they be sub 47%?

Edited by Napalmer, 11 July 2018 - 10:39 AM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

TheBudgiesmuggler #55 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• 34076 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostNapalmer, on 11 July 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Generally though, a sub 47% player is most likely sitting at the back of the map being useless.

Heck, if they weren't useless on a regular basis, why would they be sub 47%?

seen you sitting at the back

Napalmer #56 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51990 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 11 July 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

seen you sitting at the back

And still contributing. Key phrase here is 'being useless'.

There's a difference between providing fire support and redline sniping. 

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

MagicalFlyingFox #57 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35558 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
I too sit in the back, when I am on 2 hit points. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users