Need Help with T1 Heavy!

t1 heavy need help help with t1 heavy american tanks heavy tanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

XxDevastatorxX_2016 #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:49 AM

Private

• 319 battles
Topic says it all. I'm not exactly a new player, used to play WoT PC a lot back in the day and Blitz for some time. I grinded up the american heavy line and reached the T1 Heavy and so far it sucks for me. I just can't use it properly, poor power to weight ratio, and just feels too slow and paper like overall. M3Lee was such a fun experience (yes I actually enjoyed it) and this feels like such a big downgrade. So any tips in order to improve? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70115 battles

Poor P/W ratio? It has better P/W ratio than many tier V mediums. Try getting the crew trained to 100% and get the top engine. It is one of the better tier 5 to drive.

While M3 Lee works well as a sniper, T1 HT works well as a frontline tank. Find a tier 5 and use your front armor and win. If you meet a tier 6, angle your front armor and hope the enemy go for that instead of the side. If you meet tier 7 or just difficult enemies in general, you still have the combination of speed + penetration + DPM for flanking at close ranges.

XxDevastatorxX_2016 #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

Private

• 319 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 05 July 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

Poor P/W ratio? It has better P/W ratio than many tier V mediums. Try getting the crew trained to 100% and get the top engine. It is one of the better tier 5 to drive.

While M3 Lee works well as a sniper, T1 HT works well as a frontline tank. Find a tier 5 and use your front armor and win. If you meet a tier 6, angle your front armor and hope the enemy go for that instead of the side. If you meet tier 7 or just difficult enemies in general, you still have the combination of speed + penetration + DPM for flanking at close ranges.

Thanks I'll give it a try again. Maybe it feels slow cuz I still haven't upgraded the engines and tracks fully. I'm not much experienced with angling so that will take some practice. The stock grind still feels really painful, I just hope the T29 is worth this.

Ephys #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Sergeant

• Forum Moderator
  • 24562 battles
  • [ENV] ENV
Pretty much what Aoyama has to said... T1 Heavy are good frontline tank.. even thou the punching power are kinda low.... but you can still use it... 

just endure it until you get M6 (which the gun can be used nearly all medium and Heavy tanks) and the infamous T29.... 

Dont worry with the low win rate from T1 Heavy... it will be paid back very well 

Good luck on the battle :) 

Edited by Ephys, 06 July 2018 - 09:33 AM.

Dumb0_Duck #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Got any grapes?

• 29975 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
The T1 Heavy is a capable tier 5 tank. It has good frontal armour for its tier, a high rate of fire gun, and good power to weight ratio. Its best played in a hull down position to utilize its decent turret armour and good gun depression (-10 Degrees). Its not very good at side scraping because it exposes the pre-angled frontal plates making it an easy pen. Best to just drive out around corners and hope the enemies bounce off your frontal hull armour. But overall its a good tank, just play it to its strengths and you'll be fine :)

My Discord

CelestiaLudenberg #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 18767 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

When you get to the M6, it is much of the same and you should focus on playing it as a heavium.

When not top tier, roll with the mediums and abuse your DPM + HP pool and even your armor to an extent.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

XxDevastatorxX_2016 #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Private

• 319 battles
Thanks for all the help guys, going in battle soon with the tank. Hope I can put it some good use now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users