Preferential MM Rub it in

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

The_average_tanker #41 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 11030 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostForbiddenName, on 26 July 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

​So the bias is towards removing pref MM?

Well. 

View PostConan, on 26 July 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

The response is expected tonight. 

About defending the "indefensible," after the article hit, we asked for an explanation. Those who wrote it explained it to us and we understood. That being said, WG has put a process to make sure announcements go through Regional first to ensure that the language used is correctly. Here's the thing, what they wanted to convey was that for the KV-5, if removing it's pref MM and boosting it's stats makes it a viable tier 8 premium then we will go with that, if it doesn't then we will look for another way. Except, it was written in a very questionable tone, in my opinion. 

Why is it/did it take so long? Well, the last time we put up an article about this topic, you all know what happened. This time, it went through not only a lot of decision making, but a lot of discussions from all levels of the company, even to as low as me. It is a big company with different cultures and languages, things can get muddled, messy, and misunderstood. That is why I ask for patience. 

I would kindly ask for your patience and it seems you still have some, because you wouldn't be here if you didn't. I thank you for your patience, I know that we have been very testing as of late. I greatly appreciate that you are still will us. 

You will not get the context if you just selectively read one part of the sentence. By all indications since the original post i think it is safe to say that WG has given up the idea of shelving pref mm.

Alastor_N #42 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10674 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

View PostForbiddenName, on 26 July 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

So the bias is towards removing pref MM?

I think it has to do with WG saying something about pref matchmaking tanks making the current template matchmaking system more difficult to put together a match. I am not entirely sure though.

Hate the game, not the player

ForbiddenName #43 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Corporal

• 34301 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 26 July 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Well. 

You will not get the context if you just selectively read one part of the sentence. By all indications since the original post i think it is safe to say that WG has given up the idea of shelving pref mm.

That is NOT what Conan is saying now. He says, that their preference is to remove pref MM by either buffing the tank or "finding another way". It seems pref MM is in the chopping block.

Also, what indications are you talking about, is it the deafening silence?

Edited by ForbiddenName, 26 July 2018 - 06:58 PM.

Conan #44 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9684 battles
  • [WG] WG
Excuse me, what I was saying is that if removing the pref MM and buffing the tank does not work then we find another way to make the tank relevant WITHOUT REMOVING THE PREF MM. 
Yes, we said that we may remove it for the KV-5 if it worked and only IF it worked, if it doesn't work we do not remove Pref MM and find another way to make it relevant to the game. 
I said we had no intent to remove the Pref MM as a concept. If removing the Pref MM along with buffing makes it a better tank that's what we will do. If it turns out that is not the way to go we will find another way to make the tank relevant. 

Now that you (ie the players) said you want the Pref MM then we won't even try now because you spoke, loudly. We are listening

With all that said, the announcement will be coming soon. If you still wish to throw your anger, then please read the entire announcement first, if you are still not satisfied (and I have a feeling you won't be) then go ahead and continue with the torches and the pitchforks. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Ezz #45 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostConan, on 26 July 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Excuse me, what I was saying is that if removing the pref MM and buffing the tank does not work 

One suspects that as long as WG dictates what 'works' and what doesn't, they'll be running the gauntlet.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

The_average_tanker #46 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 11030 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/921eg7/preferential_mm_staying_and_changes_to_the/?utm_source=reddit-android

Well I think the announcement will come on asia soon. I think that clears it up.

For those who did not read the post, pref mm is staying and pref mm tanks are getting buffed. Hope the changes stick. So happy for my super Pershing. 

Edited by The_average_tanker, 26 July 2018 - 09:09 PM.

Singlemac #47 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Corporal

• 35156 battles
Conan, it would seem that the right hand isn’t talking to the left hand at WG. Take the current specials running at the moment as an example. We have heard you and others say both here and on Facebook before that things such as the sale of PMM vehicles are planned months ahead. Surely in the months before the specials are released you could pick up little problems like 3 of the current Block 4 summer sale tanks aren’t even Tier 8 as advertised or that for the countries on the SEA server below the equator it is actually winter and not summer. If little things like that are missed what else is being missed. I’m just a busted arse electrician in the middle of nowhere but if I can pick up on these things how in hells name can the Quality Assurance or proof readers or whoever signs off on these things be letting mistakes like this get through to he public. Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose and WG haven’t been doing themselves any favours in the past year or so.

MagicalFlyingFox #48 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30834 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I honestly believe WG management are completely incapable of changing their structure to better fit the needs of current gamers. 

Their response times for certain things are absolutely atrocious even if you take into account how long it takes to develop things.

It appears "game balance" is extremely extremely low on the priorities list since the 268 4 is still broken to hell even after it took months for it to be nerfed initially. That's just the most striking example.

When it comes to furore about what tanks are OP and what tanks are not, player consensus is made up within a week or two of live at the latest, which ends up lining up with reality nearly all the time.

WG still refuse to do anything and we still have game breaking tanks and broken tanks in the game waiting to eventually be nerfed in 12-24 months or even not nerfed because they introduced something even more broken that overshadows what else that was broken. 

And then there is MM. 

If WG ACTUALLY listened to the players, current template MM should have been scrapped within 9 months of introduction. 12 months at most. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

tequilapowered #49 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:14 PM

Private

• 171 battles

I am going to reopen my wallet a teeny weeny bit since the threat to remove PMM (as a feature) has been cancelled (at this point in time). Not going to open much wider due to all those other issues.

OP tanks, 3-5-7 MM, fantasy tanks, HK move, goldround-vs-armor meta, blah blah blah

Overall, WoT is still on a downward slope.

ForbiddenName #50 Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Corporal

• 34301 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostConan, on 26 July 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Excuse me, what I was saying is that if removing the pref MM and buffing the tank does not work then we find another way to make the tank relevant WITHOUT REMOVING THE PREF MM. 
Yes, we said that we may remove it for the KV-5 if it worked and only IF it worked, if it doesn't work we do not remove Pref MM and find another way to make it relevant to the game. 
I said we had no intent to remove the Pref MM as a concept. If removing the Pref MM along with buffing makes it a better tank that's what we will do. If it turns out that is not the way to go we will find another way to make the tank relevant. 

Now that you (ie the players) said you want the Pref MM then we won't even try now because you spoke, loudly. We are listening

With all that said, the announcement will be coming soon. If you still wish to throw your anger, then please read the entire announcement first, if you are still not satisfied (and I have a feeling you won't be) then go ahead and continue with the torches and the pitchforks. 

Thanks for clarifying that Conan. After reading the statement by Wargaming I must say that I am relieved. +1

My pitchfork is not currently required

Edited by ForbiddenName, 27 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.

killertree #51 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Private

• 10123 battles
will i be offered exchanges still ? for  my pref pms ... wz111 is still shit ... one of wargaming tester pls take it out for spins for 3 games .. u will realise u soul has been sapped dry ...  cant pen nothing on ur tier and a higher tier ... 7mm pen increase is not gonna help wg ... :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users