Jump to content


Clan comms and why clans continue to die yet WG doesn't seem to care.


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:07 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 5767 battles
  • 468
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    05-25-2016

It seems like unless you use discord (like what my clan WoT-U use) or something similar, being in a clan is just a waste of time. Even if new players join one, you don't seem to be able to message everyone to let them know what's going on etc. Throw in the MM issues there isn't any real player benefits. 

 

Surely this should be the number 1 priority for WG to rectify if they want Clans, CWs, SHs or skirmishes to be part of the game.

 

At the moment a player joins a normal clan and then does what? Top clans with core players have to go outside the game for comms, but I'd imagine 75-85% of the clans don't do anything.  These clans are sadly, basically just sitting there dieing.

 

Ie. 

Why isn't there a clan comms page, notice board to notify about clan events etc

The ability to send messages to all or even one player (ie mail page). Sorry but clan chat is only useful to a point imho.

Why no clan rewards, discounts for being in clans etc.

 

None of these are ground breaking, simple to put in play and are in most games I've played. (Inc wows) Seems like a no brainer to me. 

 

WG would probably find CW's would actually improve and grow if clans actually had comms and a reason to exist.

 

Maybe WG simply doesn't want it to grow? Was it ever seriously focused on, the games 7 years old yet no one has looked at them or improved them at the basic level.

 

Talking the talk and walking the walk seem poles apart for the developers in regards for any clan growth. End game in WoTs is not just tier X CWs, it should be about getting more players involved in clans. Building clans, friendship, platooning, training etc as the more they involve a larger proportion of players, the better off CWs and the game will be in the long run.

 

Maybe one day.


Ensign

To Leopard 1, or not to Leopard 1 is the question!

British Line (Conqueror & Challenger), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Leopard PTA), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34


wasaabi #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 20778 battles
  • 6,280
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

Organisation of clans is up to the members, what does this have to do with WG?

 

My clan has Teamspeak and its own forums, you have already mentioned Discord, you can have private Facebook groups, Whatsapp groups, you name it, why should you expect WG to develop a replica of something that is already out there and works well?

 

Apart from such tools, the rest of it is up to your officers to actually lead.


The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


stewiejp #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 40160 battles
  • 1,469
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 07 July 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Why isn't there a clan comms page, notice board to notify about clan events etc

 

There is a section on the WG Clans website for notices - A "Message Board" higher ranking officers in the clans can utilize - players get a notification IF they log into the WG website (the same login for the forums and premium shop). Whether they take notice may be another thing.

 

Discord is a marvelous tool - as is the other options Wasaabi mentions above. 

 

Clan Rewards - there have been small bonuses in the past for being in a clan - 5% extra XP from memory during some promotions.

 

Managing a clan is certainly an art form though - but the options out there (TS, Discord, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Clan Specific Websites and Forums) - are beyond just WG. Maybe an option for the official forums to automatically create a clan specific section only visible to members of that clan could be an option - but moderating those sections (especially when it comes to secret squirrel stuff like clan wars and such) could be challenging. 


                    #GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

                                                                                              


Zynth #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 23491 battles
  • 2,847
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 07 July 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

At the moment a player joins a normal clan and then does what? Top clans with core players have to go outside the game for comms, but I'd imagine 75-85% of the clans don't do anything.  These clans are sadly, basically just sitting there dieing.

 

PBKAC can't die. PBKAC is already die. You can't kill what is already dead.

And yes, we do nothing most of the time.

 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

 

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."


Ensign_Brendoonigan #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 5767 battles
  • 468
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    05-25-2016

View Postwasaabi, on 07 July 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Organisation of clans is up to the members, what does this have to do with WG?

 

My clan has Teamspeak and its own forums, you have already mentioned Discord, you can have private Facebook groups, Whatsapp groups, you name it, why should you expect WG to develop a replica of something that is already out there and works well?

 

Apart from such tools, the rest of it is up to your officers to actually lead.

 

Hay Wasaabi,

 

I completely disagree on this, you're looking at it from an established clan who does everything right and are basically saying that you're happy with the status quo simply because your clan does everything the way you like it. But where has the status quo got us? Are player numbers and clans growing? No, every indication is the opposite. WG should be making it easier and more practical to be in a clan, so what if there are other apps which have comms. I play other games and every one of them has these features included in game and is a great means of comms. Don't use the excuse that it's not up to WG, if other games can do it, I can't see why with all it's resources that WG couldn't do it either. 

 

Look at it from the average player in an average clan. They don't have, want to, or should have to run facebook, a website etc on another site for basic comms. Why should I have to have other applications just to send a message to another player in my own clan? Why can't we have an in game notice board for the clan? Direct messaging to other players in your clan etc? Just because other app's can do this doesn't mean that it shouldn't be incorporated into the game. It's just lazy not having it. All it tells me is that they're not investing in clans at it's foundation level and we know what happens when you build a house without a proper foundation.

 

I'm looking at it from the big picture, I'm in a good clan as well, we have good comm's, but this is so much more than looking at it from a well established clan. 

 

View Poststewiejp, on 07 July 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

There is a section on the WG Clans website for notices - A "Message Board" higher ranking officers in the clans can utilize - players get a notification IF they log into the WG website (the same login for the forums and premium shop). Whether they take notice may be another thing.

 

Discord is a marvelous tool - as is the other options Wasaabi mentions above. 

 

Clan Rewards - there have been small bonuses in the past for being in a clan - 5% extra XP from memory during some promotions.

 

Managing a clan is certainly an art form though - but the options out there (TS, Discord, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Clan Specific Websites and Forums) - are beyond just WG. Maybe an option for the official forums to automatically create a clan specific section only visible to members of that clan could be an option - but moderating those sections (especially when it comes to secret squirrel stuff like clan wars and such) could be challenging. 

 

Hay Stewie,

 

I don't see voice comms as being what WG needs to look at, as things like discord is better than anything WG could do. However written comm's should also be in the actual game itself. What's stopping them from having a clan comm's page in game? Just because it's been the old way since it started doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved, and especially simplified. Just about every game I've played which has clans has well established clan pages, comms etc in game, so with the size of WG there isn't any excuse for them not to have it. If you want to have it external as well good on you, but why is it a necessity in WoT with the game at 7 years?

 

As for the WG clan page, let's be honest, how many players frequent the forum, or would even know that clan area even exists? I'd say basically 1%, maybe some hard core players, but the vast majority of players don't even know it exists. 

 

Again the status quo is not helping the game or clans in the long term. We have to look at this in the big picture, not just at the already established end game clans who've learned to properly use external sources. However just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it shouldn't be included now, or make it right. The current system doesn't do anything at all to make players stay in clans, even join clans.

 

And why the friggin heck can't they give clan players proper benefits like discounts etc for tanks, supplies etc like in blitz and WoWS? IE: real incentives

 

Basically I'd like to see clans grow and I feel in game comm's is at least a good start.

 

 

 

 


Ensign

To Leopard 1, or not to Leopard 1 is the question!

British Line (Conqueror & Challenger), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Leopard PTA), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34


JOC469 #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 66555 battles
  • 5,523
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

LOLWUT?

 

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 07 July 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

I play other games and every one of them has these features included in game and is a great means of comms. 

 

Look at it from the average player in an average clan. They don't have, want to, or should have to run facebook, a website etc on another site for basic comms. Why should I have to have other applications just to send a message to another player in my own clan? Why can't we have an in game notice board for the clan? Direct messaging to other players in your clan etc? Just because other app's can do this doesn't mean that it shouldn't be incorporated into the game. It's just lazy not having it. All it tells me is that they're not investing in clans at it's foundation level and we know what happens when you build a house without a proper foundation.

 

I'm looking at it from the big picture, I'm in a good clan as well, we have good comm's, but this is so much more than looking at it from a well established clan. 

 

As for the WG clan page, let's be honest, how many players frequent the forum, or would even know that clan area even exists? I'd say basically 1%, maybe some hard core players, but the vast majority of players don't even know it exists. 

 

And why the friggin heck can't they give clan players proper benefits like discounts etc for tanks, supplies etc like in blitz and WoWS? IE: real incentives

 

Basically I'd like to see clans grow and I feel in game comm's is at least a good start.

 

WoT has in-game comms. If you don't use it how is that WG's fault?

 

There is a clan noticeboard available. It send clan members a message when something is posted. Clans are run external to the game client. Maybe you don't understand this? It isn't in the forums - simply via the portal.

 

There are 'regular' bonuses for being in clans. You don't want them too regularly else they lose their impact, and it also disadvantages players that aren't in clans.

 

WOT-U a good clan? When over half of your clan are under 48% you might want to call yourself "social".

 

 


 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


SaltyBob_ #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 42813 battles
  • 2,522
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostZynth, on 07 July 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

 

PBKAC can't die. PBKAC is already die. You can't kill what is already dead.

And yes, we do nothing most of the time.

 

Woohoo that's the Clan for me ... sign me up    :great:

BrutalOlyx #8 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 28027 battles
  • 265
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

WG are leaving the clan system to wither on the vine, and it will (has) come back to bite them.

 

I am sure they can correlate spikes of server activity and revenue to periods where some sort of clan competition is running. Our clan normally has 15 or more online during clan wars, and most drift away when no clan activity is running. I think back in the day there were lots of breakaway clans, and the breakaways would start their own discord channels and away they would go.

 

They only need to know of discord, no need for WG to have similar ingame though I would have thought

 

 

 

 



stewiejp #9 Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 40160 battles
  • 1,469
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 07 July 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

However written comm's should also be in the actual game itself. What's stopping them from having a clan comm's page in game?

 

Just because it's been the old way since it started doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved, and especially simplified. Just about every game I've played which has clans has well established clan pages, comms etc in game, so with the size of WG there isn't any excuse for them not to have it. If you want to have it external as well good on you, but why is it a necessity in WoT with the game at 7 years?

 

As for the WG clan page, let's be honest, how many players frequent the forum, or would even know that clan area even exists? I'd say basically 1%, maybe some hard core players, but the vast majority of players don't even know it exists. 

 

Written comms in the game - such as a notification pop up - I reckon that would work - is that what you mean? The ability for clan officers (say, Combat Officer and above) to send a bulk notification to all players they would receive upon next log in could be a handy tool. eg. Clan Wars Next Season information, Tanks we'll be looking for, Training Sessions, Get on TS ya F&%^ ...., activity requirements. The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

 

Agree nobody looks at the clan pages where the noticeboards I mentioned are but maybe incorporating those notices in game upon login could be a solution.

 

View PostJOC469, on 07 July 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

WoT has in-game comms. If you don't use it how is that WG's fault?

 

There is a clan noticeboard available. It send clan members a message when something is posted. Clans are run external to the game client. Maybe you don't understand this? It isn't in the forums - simply via the portal.

 

WOT-U a good clan? When over half of your clan are under 48% you might want to call yourself "social".

 

In game voice comms are a joke JOC. Do any clans use them over discord/TS etc? None that I am aware.

 

I realise you enjoy quoting players and clans win rates etc, but I fail to see how it is relevant to discussion of in game communications - especially in reference to a clan which looks like it goes out of its way to help players who want and/or need it.


Edited by stewiejp, 09 July 2018 - 07:45 AM.

                    #GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

                                                                                              


FramFramson #10 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 36218 battles
  • 3,204
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View Poststewiejp, on 08 July 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

In game voice comms are a joke. Do any clans use them over discord/TS etc? None that I am aware.

 

Gotta agree with this one. WoT's built-in comms are like something out of the stone age.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


struth #11 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

    Crikey

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 43020 battles
  • 1,979
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

I agree that the ability to communicate in writing to the whole clan would be a big assistance.

Simply a clan chat option that allows officers to message the whole clan, even those not currently online, would allow the officers to impart important info. 

Similar to current clan chat however it would store clan messages for when players do log in.

 

Probably a large undertaking as far as programing and code goes though, so not sure WG would feel it is worth the investment.

 

Currently clans must rely on outside programmes as mentioned, most are free and off good voice comm's, even TS can be had for free.

I would still say that WG having some form for officers to communicate with all clan members, regardless of their online status would be a big help.

 

Cheers



Ezz #12 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 61654 battles
  • 34,801
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View Poststruth, on 09 July 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

I agree that the ability to communicate in writing to the whole clan would be a big assistance.

Simply a clan chat option that allows officers to message the whole clan, even those not currently online, would allow the officers to impart important info. 

Similar to current clan chat however it would store clan messages for when players do log in.

 

Probably a large undertaking as far as programing and code goes though, so not sure WG would feel it is worth the investment.

 

Not sure how big an undertaking really - currently chat saves any messages that are sent to a person while they are offline for the next time they are online. So that part is done. The next part would be a one to many PM functionality for officers. That might be the tricky part i guess.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #13 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 35784 battles
  • 3,507
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013

View PostJOC469, on 07 July 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

LOLWUT?

 

 

WoT has in-game comms. If you don't use it how is that WG's fault?

 

:facepalm:

I think most people would rather use 2 cups and a wire then WGs horrible ingame comms. 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
 
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

Bash_sh #14 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 26931 battles
  • 940
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

View PostSaltyBob_, on 07 July 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

Woohoo that's the Clan for me ... sign me up    :great:

 

we dont process application any-more, were ded ... if it so happens that you get a reply, one of our bots started working... by accident
WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

Bash_sh #15 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 26931 battles
  • 940
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

View PostFramFramson, on 09 July 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

Gotta agree with this one. WoT's built-in comms are like something out of the stone age.

 

that modern ?
WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

Bash_sh #16 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 26931 battles
  • 940
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

View PostFun_D3str0y3r_Saffe, on 09 July 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

 

:facepalm:

I think most people would rather use 2 cups and a wire then WGs horrible ingame comms. 

not everybody are arty players and by deduction have time to pull wire ;-)


WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

SaltyBob_ #17 Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 42813 battles
  • 2,522
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
I remember at camp 2 girls and 1 tin cup    :B

Remi_Devil #18 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 9574 battles
  • 4
  • [-KMK-] -KMK-
  • Member since:
    01-04-2016

I created my clan just for the 10% bonus on XP earned.

And having a bracketed tag following the ID looks good...

Anyway I don't care these problems. My members are pretty the same...



Mother_Of_All_Rommel #19 Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

    Destroyer of WoT

  • Member
  • 20192 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
You get 10% xp bonus by just having a clan tag? Really?

Anyone know how to put meme on sig, plss PM me, tq.


FramFramson #20 Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 36218 battles
  • 3,204
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
I'd considered it just to get a free logo on all of my tanks... :trollface:

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users