The Server Move

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Wolvenworks #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

The Demon Lord of Indonesia

• Beta-Tester
  • 12560 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
cool that HK has a server now so that our chinese brethren can join in instead of playing at KZ servers, but why not leave a sub-cluster at SG? ping to HK is deal-able (100-ish) from indonesia, but it isn't exactly ideal...

Edited by Wolvenworks, 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66372 battles

I'm pretty sure it's the great firewall that's stopping them from not playing on the KZ server... Unless you're saying HK counts as within China? We'll see what KZ does anyway.

Sub-cluster at SG... Nah, SEA population is too small to warrant that. And Vietnsmese might have better ping to HK than SG.

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

Lee_Shawran #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

The marshal of missions

• 47413 battles
  • [VPA] VPA

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 10 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's the great firewall that's stopping them from not playing on the KZ server... Unless you're saying HK counts as within China? We'll see what KZ does anyway.

Sub-cluster at SG... Nah, SEA population is too small to warrant that. And Vietnsmese might have better ping to HK than SG.

Of course, Vietnam is using AAG whose route connecting directly to Hongkong as well as Singapore

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

Lee_Shawran #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:25 AM

The marshal of missions

• 47413 battles
  • [VPA] VPA
and about KZ, I don't want a massive human wave of players from mainland china. Hongkong was returned to China, I mean PRC on July 1st, 1997, and still in autonomous state until 2047. Despite autonomous state, PRC is conducting "one nation, two systems" in Hongkong and trying to fully control Hongkong. To be honest, Hongkong is still better than mainland china

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 66372 battles

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 July 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

and about KZ, I don't want a massive human wave of players from mainland china. Hongkong was returned to China, I mean PRC on July 1st, 1997, and still in autonomous state until 2047. Despite autonomous state, PRC is conducting "one nation, two systems" in Hongkong and trying to fully control Hongkong. To be honest, Hongkong is still better than mainland china

IRONY

You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated

neokai #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 36909 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 10 July 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

HK's internet is not within the great firewall iirc, at least till its status as a SAR expires.
Spoiler

Conan #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9210 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostWolvenworks, on 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

[...]why not leave a sub-cluster at SG?[...]

Because them we would have divided our audience between 3 peripheries. SG server remains intact, it's the "battle" server that's moved to HK. It's the same with ANZ periphery.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

MrRaisinBean #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Private

• 7573 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing problems logging in since the server move. I've been stuck on "Logging In'' for the past 5 minutes, I tried both ANZ and HK as well as opening with safe mode. Please help.

Edited by MrRaisinBean, 10 July 2018 - 06:29 PM.

能而示之不能。用而示之不用。乱而取之,实而备之,怒而挠之。

孙子

Wolvenworks #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12560 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostMrRaisinBean, on 10 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing problems logging in since the server move. I've been stuck on "Logging In'' for the past 5 minutes, I tried both ANZ and HK as well as opening with safe mode. Please help.

same here. getting a connection issue message when trying to connect to SG (since it's still listed). the problem with the site announcement is that they COMPLETELY FORGOT TO TELL US WHEN THEY'RE MOVING THE SERVER. which i'm assuming is right now.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 10 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

what, i thought ELONG is from the mainland? as far as i'm concerned, they're not taiwanese. but ido agree that the population from SEA proper has tragically shrunk to a pathetic level. i'm assuming it's since WG failed to advertise and attract new players round here. IMHO the game is still relatively unknown in SEA; can say for certain that in Indonesia, it's still too niche/unknown to gather a "huh?" when one mentions WoT.

i sincerely do not believe that WG SG is happy with being complacent as an unknown brand in the region, but i do concede that it's very hard to promote tank in SEA since tanks aren't really a thing here, and there's only one tank anime: GUP. in fact, i think WOWS is more popular due to Kancolle and the plethora of ship animes, especially the ones highlighting Yamato. it's much easier to get a hardon from hearing Yamato's 460mm cannons than Maus' 120mm...

struth #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 42962 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Because them we would have divided our audience between 3 peripheries. SG server remains intact, it's the "battle" server that's moved to HK. It's the same with ANZ periphery.

What does "Battle" server mean please. Does it mean we must rout through SG before going to HK, or something else. Ta

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 66372 battles

I'm more of a Toyama Nao fan

pokeranger24 #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 9129 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostWolvenworks, on 10 July 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

IMHO the game is still relatively unknown in SEA; can say for certain that in Indonesia, it's still too niche/unknown to gather a "huh?" when one mentions WoT.

Not only in SEA but also in south asia WoT is rather a unknown game... well that is there for a good reason I mean in normal FPS you can pick up a gun and blaze away, but the same doesn't apply on WoT

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Conan #13 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9210 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Poststruth, on 10 July 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

What does "Battle" server mean please. Does it mean we must rout through SG before going to HK, or something else. Ta

It means all your battles are handled either at HK or ANZ, no longer is SG. Other data is still in Singapore. The same way where ANZ players connecting to ANZ does not have to route to SG when they are in a battle.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

stewiejp #14 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 40102 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostWolvenworks, on 10 July 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

cool that HK has a server now so that our chinese brethren can join in instead of playing at KZ servers

KZ? If that means Korean the Korean server merged with our server some time back.

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 July 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Don't forget Macau - the Vegas of the Orient (though I could thing of a couple of other "party towns" I'd hit before going to Macau!) - Sort of like having your cake and eating it too - far too profitable to simply turn the lights off.

View Poststruth, on 10 July 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

Sort of like playing your home games at the MCG (Hong Kong), but the end of season party up is still in Singapore (the real home ground if you like)!

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

wasaabi #15 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20723 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Poststewiejp, on 11 July 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

KZ? If that means Korean the Korean server merged with our server some time back.

Don't forget Macau - the Vegas of the Orient (though I could thing of a couple of other "party towns" I'd hit before going to Macau!) - Sort of like having your cake and eating it too - far too profitable to simply turn the lights off.

Sort of like playing your home games at the MCG (Hong Kong), but the end of season party up is still in Singapore (the real home ground if you like)!

KZ is the China server run by Kong Zhong.

Having the server in HK will not drag too many players from PRC as the Great Firewall of China and not very compliant state-owned ISPs will not offer great services to the SAR

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #16 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 66372 battles

Most people inside the great wall would have to use VPN

And guess which VPN server would they choose for a game that was originally in a certain country?

And people living in easy-difficulty countries wonder why they are complaining of ping >200ms now after basic arithmatics.

Wolvenworks #17 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12560 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Poststewiejp, on 11 July 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

KZ=KongZhong, the guys that's tending the Chinese cashcow because chinese govt says no WG in china. i'd abbreviate Korea to KOR, so i dunno what you'd abbreviate Korea as.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 July 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Most people inside the great wall would have to use VPN

And guess which VPN server would they choose for a game that was originally in a certain country?

And people living in easy-difficulty countries wonder why they are complaining of ping >200ms now after basic arithmatics.

idk i don't use vpn. what i DO know is that some (if not most) VPNs do reduce your speed to a dial up

stewiejp #18 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 40102 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Thanks lads - you learn something every day right! 

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

spixys #19 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• 11413 battles

I don't really see a reason for players from China would choose here over KZ server apart from:

- Less P2W (since they can buy any tank in that server, even ST tanks)

- relieve from fierce drama and competition in China

- wants to play 1.0.2 (I heard for some reason they do not get 1.0?)

*Hibernating aka. quit - 戦車、辞めました。WOTやAなんとかWも*

Game companies: "After sales only exists in Fantasy, players are my gold mine, we 'mine' them like gold and then we run away."

Game company #2: "Our company target: We only look at statistic data and our $$ spreadsheets, player opinions? They are our least interest."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users