Should we get Singapore server back

SIngapore Server Australian New Zealand

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we get the Singapore Server back (107 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should we get the Singapore Server back

1. Yes (89 votes [83.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.18%

2. No (18 votes [16.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.82%

Vote Hide poll

Wolvenworks #41 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostVJ19, on 13 July 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

They have posted an update on the move of server. Here: https://worldoftanks...locating-sg-hk/

I think they deserve a few days of window to optimize the routing. My ping has somewhat improved from 250ms - 270ms to 150ms - 180ms.

ah so THAT's why i got the free 4-day prem....really helped to boost my wallet for a bit.

only a bit, since weekend warriors came in and trashed my grind like it's tuesday...same old, same old.

ShadowSoul #42 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21797 battles
  • [G-LK] G-LK
I thing wg abandoned their player. Next month, some new f2p games will be released and they will lose more players if they keep on trying with hongkong server. For exp Dead Frontier 2, fear the wolves, and more. Wg need to take sg server back and make it fast or maybe 50% players make themselves to try new game and forget badly server from wg.

Wolvenworks #43 Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostShadowSoul, on 29 July 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I thing wg abandoned their player. Next month, some new f2p games will be released and they will lose more players if they keep on trying with hongkong server. For exp Dead Frontier 2, fear the wolves, and more. Wg need to take sg server back and make it fast or maybe 50% players make themselves to try new game and forget badly server from wg.

like having an SG server will actually attract fresh blood and keep em playing. IIRC the current pop for SEA might be around as much as ANZ; most of our players nowadays are orientals. so as i have explained way back, it's just a logical move for WG to go to HK, since keeping it in SG isn't going to attract new players (unlike let's say Taiwan, which has a healthy pop). so really no WG isn't abandoning their players.

Also, it's perfectly common and normal that when a new popular game comes out (regardless of whether it's F2P or not) for interested players to go check it out, so it is perfectly normal for WG to lose some players. what's more important is player retention: how to make existing players like us come back for more WoT. right now they're doing it with Kursk, but honestly if that's not there i'd go warships or some other non-WG game.it's not realistic for a long-term solution, and it's driving me nuts. still think that removing/heavily restricting (banned in randoms) gold shells is a viable part of the solution.

ShadowSoul #44 Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21797 battles
  • [G-LK] G-LK

View PostWolvenworks, on 30 July 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

like having an SG server will actually attract fresh blood and keep em playing. IIRC the current pop for SEA might be around as much as ANZ; most of our players nowadays are orientals. so as i have explained way back, it's just a logical move for WG to go to HK, since keeping it in SG isn't going to attract new players (unlike let's say Taiwan, which has a healthy pop). so really no WG isn't abandoning their players.

Also, it's perfectly common and normal that when a new popular game comes out (regardless of whether it's F2P or not) for interested players to go check it out, so it is perfectly normal for WG to lose some players. what's more important is player retention: how to make existing players like us come back for more WoT. right now they're doing it with Kursk, but honestly if that's not there i'd go warships or some other non-WG game.it's not realistic for a long-term solution, and it's driving me nuts. still think that removing/heavily restricting (banned in randoms) gold shells is a viable part of the solution.

That a long and sad story, so i'll seat back and relax let see how it done. Hope they know what they doing.

Wolvenworks #45 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:16 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostShadowSoul, on 30 July 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

That a long and sad story, so i'll seat back and relax let see how it done. Hope they know what they doing.

considering my usual situation, this is about as sad as a puppy. i think i've gotten somewhat numb from all the years of self-doubt, confusion, and unrealized dreams

ShadowSoul #46 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21797 battles
  • [G-LK] G-LK
How long this gonna take??? :( and how on earth perfect server like sig can be located and take reverse rotation of the earth. This may be the reason I was most disappointed in 6 years as a wots player :(((.

Puggsley #47 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• 61691 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostWolvenworks, on 30 July 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

For me it is the move which makes the game less enjoyable to play.

My first 45k games were on a total potato laptop. That's 230 ping and 17fps potato. But I knew no better. Hadn't really played an online game before and I had no outside reference.

A new computer and it pretty well added ~5% WR straight off the bat with 130 ping and 100fps. A totally new game, which crated more enthusiasm. Certainly buying some more premium time and premium tanks.

Bring on the ANZ server and now the ping is 10, even better! Ridge fighting is a joy, you are not shot before you see the other player, its great news and even more goodwill is added. More premium time added. The odd tank as well. Even on the SG server 130 is not too bad. Playing TX is not a long wait and can be done comfortably on the SG server.

Now the HK server is 180 to 190 ping and it feels extremely noticeable, especially with packet loss being more of an issue. Now you are at a distinct disadvantage in some circumstances, such as ridge fighting and lower ping players can get a jump on you before they even register on your screen. Throw in all the MM shenanigans and its a noticeably worse experience unless there is group of mates playing.

No more purchases and will consider not buying premium time (currently using mine up playing WoWS mostly where ping is not nearly the same issue). The ball is in the court of WG.

Wolvenworks #48 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:40 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostPuggsley, on 02 August 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

For me it is the move which makes the game less enjoyable to play.

My first 45k games were on a total potato laptop. That's 230 ping and 17fps potato. But I knew no better. Hadn't really played an online game before and I had no outside reference.

A new computer and it pretty well added ~5% WR straight off the bat with 130 ping and 100fps. A totally new game, which crated more enthusiasm. Certainly buying some more premium time and premium tanks.

Bring on the ANZ server and now the ping is 10, even better! Ridge fighting is a joy, you are not shot before you see the other player, its great news and even more goodwill is added. More premium time added. The odd tank as well. Even on the SG server 130 is not too bad. Playing TX is not a long wait and can be done comfortably on the SG server.

Now the HK server is 180 to 190 ping and it feels extremely noticeable, especially with packet loss being more of an issue. Now you are at a distinct disadvantage in some circumstances, such as ridge fighting and lower ping players can get a jump on you before they even register on your screen. Throw in all the MM shenanigans and its a noticeably worse experience unless there is group of mates playing.

No more purchases and will consider not buying premium time (currently using mine up playing WoWS mostly where ping is not nearly the same issue). The ball is in the court of WG.

180-190? you playing from feelipines or vietnam? i'm on bandung with an internet that has a problematic ping spike issue in a rent, and i can still get about 150 at most. 150 is playable. anything below 200 is playable. because 200s means i'm connecting to either LA or San Francisco.

ShadowSoul #49 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21797 battles
  • [G-LK] G-LK
:( tell me when sg still open this will not happen :((
https://youtu.be/SO-M94pcXM0

Wolvenworks #50 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostShadowSoul, on 04 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

:( tell me when sg still open this will not happen :((
https://youtu.be/SO-M94pcXM0

no that's just your internet being as bad as mine. i'm also having lag spikes. the thing is, i'm so used to playing on NA servers back then, this kinda thing is just irritating at best. assuming my internet didn't throw a 999 hissy fit

ShadowSoul #51 Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21797 battles
  • [G-LK] G-LK

View PostWolvenworks, on 05 August 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

no that's just your internet being as bad as mine. i'm also having lag spikes. the thing is, i'm so used to playing on NA servers back then, this kinda thing is just irritating at best. assuming my internet didn't throw a 999 hissy fit

well it not happen before sg sv got offline, still good ping at some game like sea sv of black squad 30ms~ or na sv of ironsight 200ms~. That kind of annoying when it just green and red then green then red especially critical situations.

Wolvenworks #52 Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostShadowSoul, on 05 August 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

well it not happen before sg sv got offline, still good ping at some game like sea sv of black squad 30ms~ or na sv of ironsight 200ms~. That kind of annoying when it just green and red then green then red especially critical situations.

can agree that HK server connection is still an issue that WG is trying to fix. all we can do now is to see how long it takes. i don't like whiners.

unless you can actually be better than WG SG's tech staff at this?

Dominic_Toretto_Must_Die #53 Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:33 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 45352 battles
WG give stupid server for us..not playable at all..

Wolvenworks #54 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostDominic_Toretto_Must_Die, on 05 September 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

WG give stupid server for us..not playable at all..

i wonder if the time gap is enough to call this necroing.

hon2838 #55 Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 14922 battles
  • [SMTM] SMTM
nope,although i am a Malaysian,placing the server in Hong Kong is more balanced for the players from taiwan,japan,korea,and russian far east though,not sure for india though

Wolvenworks #56 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Posthon2838, on 10 September 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

nope,although i am a Malaysian,placing the server in Hong Kong is more balanced for the players from taiwan,japan,korea,and russian far east though,not sure for india though

preety sure Vladivostok (Russia far east) has their own server, no? never seen any russians in HK: only time you'd see russian is from one of those mod-generated auto-texts

Retribute #57 Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

Private

• 718 battles
ping in HK server is 90- 120 constantly moving between these . I'll find myself over extent because of the lags on every match. Why not just allow 2 server for Asia? HK for East asia and SG for South east asia?

Wolvenworks #58 Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12927 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostRetribute, on 29 September 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

ping in HK server is 90- 120 constantly moving between these . I'll find myself over extent because of the lags on every match. Why not just allow 2 server for Asia? HK for East asia and SG for South east asia?

because there are currently more players in East Asia (China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea) than SEA in entirety. so from a business standpoint it's a no-breainer to move the gateway closer to a more active site. if we want SG to come back online, we need to have such a huge amount of players that we create a DEMAND for it, but at the same time keeping that amount of players active all the time so we don't get a periphery gateways server like ANZ which has a significant but low player count.

besides, 120ms is still playable. anything below 150 is still good in any case that doesn't involve packet losses and/or ping spikes.

Also tagged with SIngapore, Server, Australian, New Zealand

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users