Private

• 3732 battles
just raised one

Alastor_N #22 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Sergeant

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10281 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

When in doubt, just raise support a ticket. They should know best what to do in different situations.

Btw, I am having like 1-20 ping from where I am, so I am loving this new server location

[del] though probably because of summer holiday, a lot of new/ inexperienced players are flooding the game, every game I play there seem to be at least 5-6 players with 0 damage on both team, so the outcome of the match is still... [/del]

Hate the game, not the player

mikefishnz #23 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

Private

• 12344 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

Typical wargaming fix something that wasn't broken... congrats you just lost most of your Australian and New Zealand players as Hong Kong pings are ridiculous and totally unplayabel which just leaves the part time aus server so we cant even play during the day if we wanted to, and Strongholds clan battles etc all gone....    How about fixing some of the actual problems...  MM is still broken beyond belief, Arty is truly screwing up the game for just about everyone but no.. I know lets move the server to somewhere no-one can connect to.... Brilliant business strategy that, actually make it impossible for paying customers to access your product ???????   Can I get a refund on my remaining days of premium as i cant now actually play to use them ?

Edited by mikefishnz, 10 July 2018 - 06:09 PM.

JACKEL55 #24 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Corporal

• 7254 battles
  • [NSS] NSS
stable but high ping Dont know why

Mystblade #25 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11543 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

As has been mentioned in previous threads.

View PostTanitha, on 10 July 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Hello's.

Previously there was..

1 Server in Singapore for the Asia server (the account holder) + 1 periphery server in Singapore which hosts games, and 1 periphery server in Australia which hosts games, And an additional periphery server in Hong Kong, which has been switched off up until now.

Now there is ..

1 Server in Singapore for the Asia server (the account holder) + 1 periphery server in Australia which hosts games, And the periphery server in Hong Kong switched on, to replace the Singapore periphery.

From Aus .. Sydney to HK is primarily/usually about the same as Sydney to Singapore..
AUS to Singapore the routing goes via Perth then up through the Perth to Singapore cable which breaks often for long periods of time.

AUS to Hong Kong, the routing goes up from Sydney, then over to Hong Kong, bypassing Perth.

A mass of routing has been optimized before the swapover..

But every location / every ISP / Etc has a different route / path... Some may not be optimal at the moment, and need the ISP's to adjust routing to optimal..

We request these changes to routing on behalf of players regularly..

So if you are having bad routing .. please get WG staff a copy of the routing you have, so we can work on getting it optimized for you.

To do this, you can drop to a cmd prompt.

And then ping the server with ... tracert wotasia2.login.wargaming.net

Then copy paste the results and send them through..
Either via support, skype, or PM them to me.

DO NOT post them publicly into the forums for your privacy..

Regards
Tan

If you want to check yourself and raise a ticket. 

you can open up command prompt (cmd) and enter the command's: 

tracert wotasia2.login.wargaming.net

this will give you a sample of the routing that you ISP is using to reach Hong Kong and the server. 

while WG can't fix the routing as that is handled by your ISP they can at least prod them as they have a bit more weight than the average user. 

===========

Also for those crying foul from Australia.

View PostMystblade, on 11 July 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

those in TPG group should be relatively ok. Checked Internode yesterday. Perth (84ms), Brisbane (130ms), Adelaide (120ms). There maybe be slightly more over heads from your individual premises but it seems Internode (and potentially iiNet/Tpgs) routing is good/ok to the server. Hopefully when more of the routing is sorted it will actually work out better for ANZ players. 

Also let it be known we have a ANZ periphery. If we want to keep it we need to use it. If we want it to open 24/7 or at least longer? We need to use it. I know it’s very much s chicken and egg situation with the day player base. But how many people from ANZ sat purely on the SG server? This doesn’t help the ANZ server that we where all crying for years to WG about. 

​If you are having issues please let Conan or Tan know or raise a support ticket so it can all be co-located and passed on. 

But let it be know WG DO NOT control your ISP or their routing.

Edited by Mystblade, 11 July 2018 - 06:38 AM.

E65P #26 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 19707 battles
  • [T-N-B] T-N-B

[Recorded and Removed Trace Route for your Privacy]

Edited by Conan, 13 July 2018 - 07:42 AM.
Removed Trace Route

tidyO #27 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40887 battles
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
well my ping is around 200 which is playable. today on Hong Kong, sent a ticket yesterday with tracert - surely that cant have knocked off a 100 from my unplayable ping from yesterday?

AlexTheKid72 #28 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• 14521 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PosttidyO, on 12 July 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

well my ping is around 200 which is playable. today on Hong Kong, sent a ticket yesterday with tracert - surely that cant have knocked off a 100 from my unplayable ping from yesterday?

Be [edited] and play arty, or td's. My ping is 250-300, with occasional turret-flicker-packet-loss.

200 is standard ANZ-SG ping lol, be happy you're not 300+ with gfys packet loss

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

TheBudgiesmuggler #29 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• 23972 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postmikefishnz, on 10 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Typical wargaming fix something that wasn't broken... congrats you just lost most of your Australian and New Zealand players as Hong Kong pings are ridiculous and totally unplayabel which just leaves the part time aus server so we cant even play during the day if we wanted to, and Strongholds clan battles etc all gone....    How about fixing some of the actual problems...  MM is still broken beyond belief, Arty is truly screwing up the game for just about everyone but no.. I know lets move the server to somewhere no-one can connect to.... Brilliant business strategy that, actually make it impossible for paying customers to access your product ???????   Can I get a refund on my remaining days of premium as i cant now actually play to use them ?

That's it blame spg players for the routing and server issues

samibsal #30 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

Private

• 3732 battles

OK WG,the ping is now better than yesterday.it was 300+ initialy but now it is 220 average.it means that if it remains stable here or gets better then you saved my day.atleast in my experience WG is not so horribe as nightmare.

THX  

samibsal #31 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Private

• 3732 battles
ok just checked through PP.i have huge packet loss on last 2 ips which are server ips

Edited by samibsal, 12 July 2018 - 11:13 PM.

barva #32 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:30 PM

Private

• 35011 battles
  • [TH_UV] TH_UV
I'm from Thailand today is totally unplayable, yesterday was fine

hammer91 #33 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 38020 battles

Those who have purchase for the past month or so you can file a dispute in Paypal or your Visa/Mastercard.

I mentioned the below:

After selling virtual goods their servers have been moved to HongKong where it's not possible to use due to high ping issues / server lag.

See sample cases I have raised - I'm going through all my purchases these past months.

[Removed sensitive information]

After this fiasco I'm not purchasing anything from this game again and warn everyone from doing so.

samibsal #34 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:40 PM

Private

• 3732 battles

View Posthammer91, on 12 July 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Those who have purchase for the past month or so you can file a dispute in Paypal or your Visa/Mastercard.

I mentioned the below:

After selling virtual goods their servers have been moved to HongKong where it's not possible to use due to high ping issues / server lag.

See sample cases I have raised - I'm going through all my purchases these past months.

After this fiasco I'm not purchasing anything from this game again and warn everyone from doing so.

i think its too early.you should see for a few days.now i have only packet loss and ping reduced from 600 to 200.

kookookichoo #35 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:44 PM

the ginchiest

• 18460 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
yep, its [edited]...the packet loss is out of control

FramFramson #36 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:17 AM

Major

• 37772 battles

View Posthammer91, on 12 July 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I mentioned the below:

Well, just so long as you know your account will get locked up.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Conan #37 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9368 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Posthammer91, on 12 July 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

I mentioned the below:

Please know that a going through this action may result in a chargeback situation in which case your WG account will be locked. If this was your intent, please go for it. However, I recommend that you do not advise other players doing so without them being properly informed.

There are already players who have kindly submitted us their trace routes and have gotten better optimizations from their ISPs as a result. We highly recommend that players do so before going through any drastic actions. Of course, I am not forcing you, I am merely informing you of the options available.
Instructions on how to get and submit a trace can be found in this post

All I want is for players to be informed before they make their decisions.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

spixys #38 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Sergeant

• 11413 battles

View Posthammer91, on 13 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

I mentioned the below:

See ya loser, this game is better without kinds like you anyway

*Hibernating aka. quit - 戦車、辞めました。WOTやAなんとかWも*

Game companies: "After sales only exists in Fantasy, players are my gold mine, we 'mine' them like gold and then we run away."

Game company #2: "Our company target: We only look at statistic data and our $$ spreadsheets, player opinions? They are our least interest."

hammer91 #39 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 38020 battles

View PostConan, on 12 July 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Please know that a going through this action may result in a chargeback situation in which case your WG account will be locked. If this was your intent, please go for it. However, I recommend that you do not advise other players doing so without them being properly informed.

There are already players who have kindly submitted us their trace routes and have gotten better optimizations from their ISPs as a result. We highly recommend that players do so before going through any drastic actions. Of course, I am not forcing you, I am merely informing you of the options available.
Instructions on how to get and submit a trace can be found in this post

All I want is for players to be informed before they make their decisions.

I have submitted trace route as per above instructions and have cancelled my disputes (for now). 

This should also help:

Mission #2 (Available once per day):

13/07/2018  Until Regional Connectivity Improves

Win 1 Random Battle + Be in the Top 10 in your team (EXP) to earn:

•  1 day Premium Account time
  •  1x ‘+100% Crew EXP’ booster (1 hour)

BorisTheBlade888 #40 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

First lieutenant

• 32306 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE

And despite having opened a support ticket which has now been closed - Telstra for me is still routing to Hong Kong by going Syd --> Perth --> Singapore --> Hong Kong - completely unplayable.

Out of curiosity tethered to my phone (Optus) to do the traceroute and they are doing the same thing.

The 2 biggest ISPs in Australia - and after nearly 1 week WG still can't get them to fix their routing - but still so many people think it is easy for us "plebs" to be able to get our ISPs to address this when WG cannnot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users