After all this, here's what I think

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Warhammer124 #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

Corporal

• 10165 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

I rarely say anything negative about wargaming, and that's because it puts my account at risk. But this time I feel the need to speak up and state my opinion. I'm only going to criticize. Of course I'm not going to insult. I just want to say what I feel about all that's been happening - not just recently but in the past few years. These things WG has not fixed, even though players have been complaining about them for ages.

MM: This one is old. I don't understand why it has not been fixed yet. I always seem to be bottom tier in any tank I use. Mostly tier 6 and 8 (Though tier 6 is worse) So how many times must we complain until this issue is actually fixed?

Arty: They said they fixed this one, but no they did not. All that has been done was remove AP on arty and give them HE only. (and gold shells were still available. lol) they gave arty a stun effect last lasts very long when struck with higher tier arty. They allowed you to remove the stun effect with a first aid kit, which was given a recharge time (90 seconds) so that it can be reused. But the concept of this is pretty useless. The point of HE only was to decrease the dmg of arty and prevent 1-shotting cases. As for the concept of the first aid kits, here's how it works: *gets hit by arty* *uses first aid kit* *gets hit by arty a second after first aid kit was used* *use first aid kit* *realize my first aid kit is still recharging* *die because my crew is stunned and I cannot aim*

Ping/Servers: I thought they finally fixed this problem when they added the SG server to the game. It worked quite well tbh. my ping was usually only around 60 ms. Then they add the HK server, remove the SG server, and now... 300 ping... 

Buffing/Nerfing of tanks: Actually, this isn't a problem in general. The real problem is they buff tanks that seriously don't need a buff and nerf tanks that don't need a nerf at all, OR need a buff.

Well, those were only some of the problems ith the game.... Pls don't ban me for this. I was stating my opinion, and I believe WG should listen to it, rather than feel threatened. 

Edited by Warhammer124, 10 July 2018 - 01:29 PM.

Carrots Only Become salty when you roast them with flavor. - Warhammer124

Conan #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9368 battles
  • [WG] WG

Please check your routing first. If it's a fault on our side, then I truly apologize. If it's an issue with you ISP (which I assume is your case, knowing where your connection is coming from) then I think your post on this specific topic is unfair.

Instructions can be found here

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

cod1933 #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12002 battles
  • [_COC_] _COC_

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Please check your routing first. If it's a fault on our side, then I truly apologize. If it's an issue with you ISP (which I assume is your case, knowing where your connection is coming from) then I think your post on this specific topic is unfair.

Instructions can be found here

Is it fair to not announce a change as drastic as this?

BlackBerrie (9:30:24 PM) you have to be 58% win8 to get in there clan.. which is impossible

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68397 battles
  • [WAT] WAT

Hi Conan, the thing is we know our ISP is s*** and the consumer of the country gets way worse ping than corporation-to-corporation. Hence we don't play games hosted on HK server.

I believe most people in this region are not blaming WG for high ping to HK. An analogy would be a shop that used to be next door shifted away and now there we have to cross a crime-infested alleyway. Nobody blames WG for that alleyway. But people are frustrated that the shop decided to shift.

Profanisaurus #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Postcod1933, on 10 July 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

Is it fair to not announce a change as drastic as this?

This.  For folks in ANZ having been given a local server and with WG offering to help them fix ping issues that are only impacting some people the one gripe they really have is the lack of information which quite frankly bites.

The_average_tanker #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10285 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostWarhammer124, on 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

I rarely say anything negative about wargaming, and that's because it puts my account at risk. But this time I feel the need to speak up and state my opinion. I'm only going to criticize. Of course I'm not going to insult. I just want to say what I feel about all that's been happening - not just recently but in the past few years. These things WG has not fixed, even though players have been complaining about them for ages.

MM: This one is old. I don't understand why it has not been fixed yet. I always seem to be bottom tier in any tank I use. Mostly tier 6 and 8 (Though tier 6 is worse) So how many times must we complain until this issue is actually fixed?

Arty: They said they fixed this one, but no they did not. All that has been done was remove AP on arty and give them HE only. (and gold shells were still available. lol) they gave arty a stun effect last lasts very long when struck with higher tier arty. They allowed you to remove the stun effect with a first aid kit, which was given a recharge time (90 seconds) so that it can be reused. But the concept of this is pretty useless. The point of HE only was to decrease the dmg of arty and prevent 1-shotting cases. As for the concept of the first aid kits, here's how it works: *gets hit by arty* *uses first aid kit* *gets hit by arty a second after first aid kit was used* *use first aid kit* *realize my first aid kit is still recharging* *die because my crew is stunned and I cannot aim*

Ping/Servers: I thought they finally fixed this problem when they added the SG server to the game. It worked quite well tbh. my ping was usually only around 60 ms. They they add the HK server, remove the SG server, and now... 300 ping... 

Buffing/Nerfing of tanks: Actually, this isn't a problem in general. The real problem is they buff tanks that seriously don't need a buff and nerf tanks that don't need a nerf at all, OR need a buff.

Well, those were only some of the problems ith the game.... Pls don't ban me for this. I was stating my opinion, and I believe WG should listen for once.

I have said my share of negative things about WG. And i have never felt censored here. Sure i have been warned  a couple of times (red text, excessive capitalisation and off-topic posting (debatable)), but nothing too serious and no warning points. As long as you are civil and swear in a way the filter is not bypassed, you can say anything you want to say.

Conan #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9368 battles
  • [WG] WG
For some reason... we seem to like announcing things after they happen. I guess they want to make sure I always have something to do. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

The_average_tanker #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10285 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

For some reason... we seem to like announcing things after they happen. I guess they want to make sure I always have something to do. 

Quick, start a "What are you planning for dinner?" thread to distract the mob! :hiding:

B7_NAGATO #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

M4SOPMOD2 POWER OP

• In-Training Moderator
  • 15882 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

tbh, I thougth the cable to hk is closer rather to Singapore. I think the isp you guys have poor performance, or the cable line that you guys have is better connection to sg not to hk

Edited by B7_NAGATO, 10 July 2018 - 01:50 PM.

Spoiler
Pxupxmb.gif

Ezz #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63974 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

For some reason... we seem to like announcing things after they happen.

And in fairness, that's not a new thing.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

Major

• 37772 battles

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

"We don't know why we started doing this, but It's a time-honoured tradition now, and no one wants to mess with a tradition."

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

SaltyBob_ #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 43146 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
Well I am surprised it took so long to move to HK ... it's closer to a larger population that have lots of money ......  Now if this doesn't increase turnover the next option would be to merge with a private server .... franchise server  ... like Kungzong spell check ... :honoring:

Muds_Revenge #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 32340 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostSaltyBob_, on 10 July 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Well I am surprised it took so long to move to HK ... it's closer to a larger population that have lots of money ......  Now if this doesn't increase turnover the next option would be to merge with a private server .... franchise server  ... like Kungzong spell check ... :honoring:

I'd totally go for that. Huge server pop, and my beautiful wafflewagon returned. Well, I'd have to BUY it back. AGAIN. But I WOULD!.

FramFramson #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

Major

• 37772 battles

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 10 July 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'd totally go for that. Huge server pop, and my beautiful wafflewagon returned. Well, I'd have to BUY it back. AGAIN. But I WOULD!.

What IS the pop of the Chinese server? I can't seem to find numbers for that.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:12 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20716 battles

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Your guys lack of common sense are amazing, I dont even know what to say about this :D

THE ONLY REAL POWER COMES OUT OF A LONG RIFLE

karazure #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

Corporal

• 39369 battles

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Something like " i'll tell ya after i chop off ya head ya..."

Edited by karazure, 10 July 2018 - 05:35 PM.

Mystblade #17 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11543 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

To be fair that is my biggest gripe about the whole thing. 

the rest really doesn't bother me. Wargaming needs to do what's best for Wargaming. 

Sure they don't want to upset their player base but at the same time they need to make the moves that make the most business sense and give the greatest chance to grow. 

=======

I think there is a lot of *** Sky is Falling *** rhetoric that is not helpful and doesn't allow people to get to the bottom of the issue causing said issue (ISP routing in most cases). 

At the same time WG is continuing to not help squash these points as time and again we get no or late information. 

FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED...

=========

I am going to wait it out as mentioned before as I believe the HK move could actually still be beneficial to ANZ player base once they stop being "doomsayers" 

and also for ANZ players see below for what I have been able to find re: routing from Internode and potentially iiNet.

View PostMystblade, on 11 July 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

those in TPG group should be relatively ok. Checked Internode yesterday. Perth (84ms), Brisbane (130ms), Adelaide (120ms). There maybe be slightly more over heads from your individual premises but it seems Internode (and potentially iiNet/Tpgs) routing is good/ok to the server. Hopefully when more of the routing is sorted it will actually work out better for ANZ players. 

Also let it be known we have a ANZ periphery. If we want to keep it we need to use it. If we want it to open 24/7 or at least longer? We need to use it. I know it’s very much s chicken and egg situation with the day player base. But how many people from ANZ sat purely on the SG server? This doesn’t help the ANZ server that we where all crying for years to WG about. 

And after all that Have a good day and Happy Tanking.

southerner #18 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:57 AM

Captain

• 13682 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
What really peeves me off is WG changing to HK from SP just as a brand new high capacity fiber cable lands in SP from Perth in 4 days time. What a waste of potential. What an utter waste.

Edited by southerner, 11 July 2018 - 06:58 AM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

_Rune #19 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12528 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostConan, on 10 July 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

^ Conan I suggest you go back to WG management and really tell them what the deal is..

If WG decide to keep making drastic changes without informing the players (decent timeframe) first expect huge reprocussions, large exodus of players and just constant spam on the forums, in game with again more and more disgruntled players...

WG have really done nothing to improve their standing with the playerbase since the great mighty PREF MM saga.. I suggest you or someone like Tan really need to sit down and rethink the strategy on this.. or sooner or later you all might not have a job as the customers will stop paying.

SaltyBob_ #20 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 43146 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

WG have crunched the numbers and that's all businesses do ... more profit ... guides their logic  ..... they lose some players .... but i think and they do too that more will rejoin .... remember the large intake of Korean players .. they disappeared probably coz of ping ... now I would imagine a lot would come back .... plus  :harp:

The biggest err on WGs side is their totally lack of information ( respect ) given to it's player base ...... If they continue to do this then it wouldn't matter where the server was .. player base would decrease.   :honoring:

Edited by SaltyBob_, 11 July 2018 - 07:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users