Arty wins the game again? (replay analisis)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

good criticism encouraged and awaited (trolls and haters also welcome)

I was playing scorpion G today in my 3rd battle after coming back from work & after 3 shots of tequilla, when i happened to be top tier in a battle with 2 arty and a team that had no patience to play the game (pay attention to T34 and super pershing playing impatiently).

full replay:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4440193#cliff-namewasstolenstresslevel-rheinmetall_skorpion_g

After having a post battle replay analisis of the situation, i concluded that the WZ-120-1-FT played really well because after both arty fired (M44 and GW panther) he knew i was going/probably going to relocated to G4 while keeping my aim signs at him as relocated from J4 - where i was stucked - to a more arty safe position like G4. Noticed that as soon as both arty fired he instantly prepared to relocate to the top of that steep slope that connects the lower ground to the higher ground, he was going to wait me relocate there LOL but with no gun depression. I didnt know that sneak M44 was going to relocate so fast, otherwise i would have moved out of there faster!!!!

notice the ZERO aim time M44 had when he killed me at the end... Pure balance i guess...

Aftermath of the battle: 

-Arty player celebrating his skills shots;

-90k credits profit in a loss even without premium account and even without boosters;

-5-6k dmg and 6 kills;

-All shots penned, included all my 5 must have gold shells, 4 for keeping the noobs from climbing that hill in the middle at west side, and 1 to guarantee at least a kill that WZ120 going down that cliff (except for the fact it wasnt him to go down the cliff first);

-TD campaign mission completed and kursk mission completed)

Could this match still be won from this point? or was a dead end situation??

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 11:23 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Proloser_The_Atomistic #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26377 battles

Really close game, I like how you prioritised the dude on the hill over the flipped tank- good choice of targets. 

That was a really risky final shot on the WZ but it paid off so that's all that matters. Sometimes you gotta take risky snaps like that. 

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you could have done to avoid the arty shot at the end. You did the right thing by moving around and just focusing on the tanks at hand. Always keep arty in mind in situations like that, but don't think about it so much that you over expose yourself to the guy you're having a 1v1 fight with. I think you handled that situation pretty well and the death to arty was out of your control. Perhaps you could have been a little bit more aggressive initially and hunted down the WZ (making it harder for arty to hit you) since you have the turret and mobility but either way the chance to win was small since you were on low HP in a no armour tank and Cliff is pretty open to arty shots. 

In the end its always better to die to arty than get outplayed by someone in a 1v1 situation. Remember, getting killed by arty is NOT you getting outplayed- he didn't beat you by skill.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Puggsley #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• 62455 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

It wasn't zero aim time. You were moving almost directly towards him, there will be no bloom if he is moving his aim point directly towards/away from himself. Its just the basic aiming mechanics of arty. Lateral movement makes bloom go insane. You were lit for ages by not killing the on-side TD so the two arty had plenty of time to move into a killing position. They pretty much knew exactly where you were and you only had one escape route which was covered.

Maybe if you had rammed the tank on its side earlier and killed it, he was keeping you lit. Then you may have had some chance to get unspotted and hoped to get lucky. 

Was always going to be dicey, WZ had your escape routes covered. Maybe if you had stayed tucked in behind the rock (and been arty safe) and let him come around you may have been able to kill him without dying to arty, then cleaned them up. But having said that if I was in either of those 2 arty I would have been making a beeline to the south so I had clear shots on you in that corner. 

Don't know how many kills you got from that spot (maybe they already had a good idea where you were), but maybe the best course might have been to move from that spot right at the start of your footage and completely relocate, maybe to the E2 area?. I've rarely seen lone tank comebacks where the enemy has multiple tanks and you stay in the one spot - it gives them all the cards on how to coordinate. Many more comebacks happen when the lone tank keeps moving and does not allow the enemy to coordinate as much.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 11 July 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Really close game, I like how you prioritised the dude on the hill over the flipped tank- good choice of targets. 

That was a really risky final shot on the WZ but it paid off so that's all that matters. Sometimes you gotta take risky snaps like that. 

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you could have done to avoid the arty shot at the end. You did the right thing by moving around and just focusing on the tanks at hand. Always keep arty in mind in situations like that, but don't think about it so much that you over expose yourself to the guy you're having a 1v1 fight with. I think you handled that situation pretty well and the death to arty was out of your control. Perhaps you could have been a little bit more aggressive initially and hunted down the WZ (making it harder for arty to hit you) since you have the turret and mobility but either way the chance to win was small since you were on low HP in a no armour tank and Cliff is pretty open to arty shots. 

In the end its always better to die to arty than get outplayed by someone in a 1v1 situation. Remember, getting killed by arty is NOT you getting outplayed- he didn't beat you by skill.

thx EZ. I think i should have stayed behind the bush that i was at the start of the video, maybe i could shot that WZ and track him and hopefully not get spotted instead of going behind that corner, but if i did that i would not be able TO TRY to defend our arty which was what i was trying to do. Battles without arty usually never have a worth replay anyway isnt lol...

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 11 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

It wasn't zero aim time. You were moving almost directly towards him, there will be no bloom if he is moving his aim point directly towards/away from himself. Its just the basic aiming mechanics of arty. Lateral movement makes bloom go insane. You were lit for ages by not killing the on-side TD so the two arty had plenty of time to move into a killing position. They pretty much knew exactly where you were and you only had one escape route which was covered.

Maybe if you had rammed the tank on its side earlier and killed it, he was keeping you lit. Then you may have had some chance to get unspotted and hoped to get lucky. 

Was always going to be dicey, WZ had your escape routes covered. Maybe if you had stayed tucked in behind the rock (and been arty safe) and let him come around you may have been able to kill him without dying to arty, then cleaned them up. But having said that if I was in either of those 2 arty I would have been making a beeline to the south so I had clear shots on you in that corner. 

Don't know how many kills you got from that spot (maybe they already had a good idea where you were), but maybe the best course might have been to move from that spot right at the start of your footage and completely relocate, maybe to the E2 area?. I've rarely seen lone tank comebacks where the enemy has multiple tanks and you stay in the one spot - it gives them all the cards on how to coordinate. Many more comebacks happen when the lone tank keeps moving and does not allow the enemy to coordinate as much.

I agree with the part that i should have rammed that guy faster, watching a post mortem replay everything seems easier i agree.

1- u said i should have stayed in that corner in the higher ground, okay, but then i would have to deal not only with the WZ, but also with the jg and the IS2 (while being rained by arty, did u even watch the replay?), you are assuming that every single one of them would come one by one at me, first the jg, then the WZ, then the is2 then the m44??? lol you clearly need to play more random battles. I went after the is2 before he could join the others, he didnt come after me (it would happen in case i folowed this post mortem strategy of yours) - i went after him. Also Jg and WZ came almost at the same time, what kept the WZ from coming down the hill was the fact that i still had one loaded waiting for him, and as he was an experienced player he knew i had it ready for him ;)

2- not to mention the mobile M44 already coming towards me... And about me moving directly towards arty, i think u should rewatch the replay or buy a pair of glasses, arty was at the west side, i was moving towards the middle, u wanted me to try to climb towards hill so arty would have an even easier shot at a slow moving scopion G?? lol son, i was moving 90 degrees against arty, that was the best move and the fastest move possible, if i moved towards the cap circle (which was the only other direction possible) it would be the exact same 90 degrees angle from arty not to mention i would have to turn my tank 90 degrees and that would give arty even more time to aim...

I got 3 kills from that spot (in case u meant u dont know for how long i was there).

Lol please making analisis is okay, but perhapes you should analize your own analisys before posting this crap analisys.

your analisis was quick but far from accurate. But its welcome.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 12:06 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles
thx guys got go sleep now see ya!

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Proloser_The_Atomistic #7 Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:01 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26377 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 11 July 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

thx EZ. I think i should have stayed behind the bush that i was at the start of the video, maybe i could shot that WZ and track him and hopefully not get spotted instead of going behind that corner, but if i did that i would not be able TO TRY to defend our arty which was what i was trying to do. Battles without arty usually never have a worth replay anyway isnt lol...

There's always a ton of options in a game and they aren't always easy to pick in the heat of the battle. Doing this post battle analysis is great though and will help you improve over time.

By the way- I'm not Ezz :p

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

FramFramson #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Major

• 39587 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 10 July 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

I think you know why that confusion is occurring though. :P

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• 62455 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 11 July 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

I agree with the part that i should have rammed that guy faster, watching a post mortem replay everything seems easier i agree.

1- u said i should have stayed in that corner in the higher ground, okay, (Nope I meant when you were on the lower level). but then i would have to deal not only with the WZ, but also with the jg and the IS2 (while being rained by arty, did u even watch the replay (No i just fu***** guessed you clown) ?), you are assuming that every single one of them would come one by one at me, first the jg, then the WZ, then the is2 then the m44??? lol you clearly need to play more random battles. (you need to make way less assumptions, you just come across as a whiney [edited]) I went after the is2 before he could join the others, he didnt come after me (it would happen in case i folowed this post mortem strategy of yours) - i went after him. Also Jg and WZ came almost at the same time, what kept the WZ from coming down the hill was the fact that i still had one loaded waiting for him, and as he was an experienced player he knew i had it ready for him ;)

2- not to mention the mobile M44 already coming towards me... You didnt know where arty was And about me moving directly towards arty, i think u should rewatch the replay or buy a pair of glasses, arty was at the west side, i was moving towards the middle, u wanted me to try to climb towards hill so arty would have an even easier shot at a slow moving scopion G Where the hell did i say that? All i said was that you were not moving laterally to arty and you were driving pretty well towards him when he killed you. That made his aim time much shorter. It was in response to your whine about zero aim time. Not about what you should have done. ?? lol son, i was moving 90 degrees against arty no you were not, that was the best move and the fastest move possible, if i moved towards the cap circle (which was the only other direction possible) it would be the exact same 90 degrees angle from arty not to mention i would have to turn my tank 90 degrees and that would give arty even more time to aim... Where did I say anything about any of your ramblings?

I got 3 kills from that spot (in case u meant u dont know for how long i was there). Yes that was it, did they know where you were, and why my comment about clearing off from that area before they got close to you might have had a different result, rather than giving them an opportunity to close in on you and box you in. You asked for options. 

Lol please making analisis is okay, but perhapes you should analize your own analisys before posting this crap analisys.

your analisis was quick but far from accurate. But its welcome.

Just put me your blacklist. Why put up a replay if you don't want people to comment.

You should stop drinking, you were moving almost directly towards the arty which killed you. Watch your own replay instead of relying on pisshead memories...

Edited by Puggsley, 11 July 2018 - 01:32 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

you says i moved towards arty when thats was exactly what i avoided, and then doesnt even say where was i suppose to move to. You lack basic gameplay knowledge dude, you need to know tanks dont turn instantly, scorpion G woud spend time turning, as soon as arty pop out on my screen i obviously just kept moving straight foward where i could use my maximum mobility. 

furthermore moving towards arty is not always a bad idea since the shots many times land behind or infront of you, but i am assuming you are just trolling. But dont worry i wont check your stats to confirm my suspicious.

You claim i didnt know where arty was, OF COURSE NOT GENIUS YOU!!! Do you see that little panel on the bottom left of my screen that register all hits taken??? Yea that thing is there for a reason so you could try using that sometimes....

M44 shots me how many times??? See the panel, i knew that thing was relocating because of something called COMMOM SENSE, since differently from you, everytime i get hit by arty i try to calculate their position, and since M44 had shot me 6 times already i could tell he was constatly repositioning. 

If you make such ridiculous analisis even in a post mortem screen/replay at the confort of your keyboard, i wonder what you do in the LIVE gameplay where you have split second time to make decisions LOL. 

The dumbest thing you could have said was that i should have stayed in wherevers position. Nothing worst than showing you dont understand about the game mechanics in a commentary disguised as analisys. Who you think you are? if not a troll then just have a little bit of commom sense before throwining in anything just for the sake of posting. Its ridiculous.

and drop that stupid "black list this, blacklist that" old converstation, u always say the same thing, i must have killed u alot in battle to get you this mad lol. I am not blacklisting you, your analysis so far was just ridiculous, not insulting or spamming. Dont worry about that.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 02:21 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:04 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 11 July 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

You should stop drinking, you were moving almost directly towards the arty which killed you. Watch your own replay instead of relying on pisshead memories...

and dont tell me what i should do in my personal life thats not of your business. So far even drunk did things in this game that you aparently cant do even on your "best normal" undrunk mode lol.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #12 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:34 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21130 battles
Yep, arty win that game. He played well, relocate after every shot, and hits the game winning shots. Also that wz that keep your lit till last moment.

Edited by Mother_Of_All_Rommel, 11 July 2018 - 02:40 PM.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

NameWasStolenStresslevel #13 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 11 July 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yep, arty win that game. He played well, relocate after every shot and goes for very risky shotgun that win him the game.

yah one thing i learned from this replay, that the things that i did were not wrong, but i should have done all them faster, i was really expecting that the WZ120 would come down that cliff, i should have dropped that idea and just moved where i moved to at the end (before being killed by arty) and then shot that WZ as he would be trying to get in position to shoot me from that ridge. 

next time i will do everything FASTER 

+1

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 11 July 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

There's always a ton of options in a game and they aren't always easy to pick in the heat of the battle. Doing this post battle analysis is great though and will help you improve over time.

oh men i just noticed u are not EZZ!!! I feel tricked lol...

Its Proloser though, the avatar looks similar and since EZZ usually dont critique me as often as others in this forum i thought it was him...

Then thx you Proloser for the insight, yea its always good to learn something new and i think this thread have helped me a bit. 

Proloser (A 10k WTR player) just said my game wasnt so bad so i guess he is right. It was a feel good game because i won that 1v1, i feel exactly like that - didnt want to lose the 1v1 coz i thought i could evade arty somehow, but i took way too long to kill him :(

thx Proloser!!! 

+1

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #15 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

sorry guys if i looked a bit too agressive/defensive in this thread towards others. I genuinely wanted to learn from my mistakes. Puggsley superficial analysis always trigger me a bit.

I lost my sleep due to this stomache but sure it was worth to spend time reading some posts here.

thx you all and see ya later!!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 July 2018 - 03:02 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Proloser_The_Atomistic #16 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26377 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 11 July 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

I think you know why that confusion is occurring though. :P

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 11 July 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

oh men i just noticed u are not EZZ!!! I feel tricked lol...

Its Proloser though, the avatar looks similar and since EZZ usually dont critique me as often as others in this forum i thought it was him...

Then thx you Proloser for the insight, yea its always good to learn something new and i think this thread have helped me a bit. 

Proloser (A 10k WTR player) just said my game wasnt so bad so i guess he is right. It was a feel good game because i won that 1v1, i feel exactly like that - didnt want to lose the 1v1 coz i thought i could evade arty somehow, but i took way too long to kill him :(

thx Proloser!!! 

+1

Lol yeah I set my avatar the same to confuse people for lols.

Yep thinking back at the end there you definitely took too long to kill the WZ. I guess the main takeaway is to act faster, don't double guess yourself in tight situations; there's only two ways a situation like that will go- you either win or you lose. If you take too long to do something you eventually will lose regardless. Usually it's just better to be more aggressive and make things happen faster... even if it still results in a loss at least you tried something instead of waiting around to die. ;) 

Puggsley #17 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

Captain

• 62455 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 11 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

and dont tell me what i should do in my personal life thats not of your business. So far even drunk did things in this game that you aparently cant do even on your "best normal" undrunk mode lol.

hehe, then don't mention your private life you thin skinned child.

You really only like people who tell you how good you are or agree with you don't you.

I remember you getting shirty with me for pointing out in one of your rants about how arty targeted you, and you got shot once. It was pretty much the same reaction as this thread.

The blacklist was referring to your habit of blacklisting anyone who disagrees with you when you get all ranty. Please blacklist me :P

Then you wont have to read any posts of mine which trigger you. Thanks for letting me know :child:

NameWasStolenStresslevel #18 Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

Proloser_The_Atomistic

Lol yeah I set my avatar the same to confuse people for lols.

Yep thinking back at the end there you definitely took too long to kill the WZ. I guess the main takeaway is to act faster, don't double guess yourself in tight situations; there's only two ways a situation like that will go- you either win or you lose. If you take too long to do something you eventually will lose regardless. Usually it's just better to be more aggressive and make things happen faster... even if it still results in a loss at least you tried something instead of waiting around to die. ;) 

:D 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 July 2018 - 09:20 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #19 Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

I told this guy that telling people to stay still in a corner while being surrounded by 5 guys and spgs was a dumb idea, (i have seen 45% with more basic game play knowledge than this guy) and his response to me is: "thin skinned child", "blacklist me plz" and some other rant about how bad he feels whenever a (much) better player than him doenst agree with his points. He is the one getting shocked that finally someone is being frank and honest with him that his ideas and dumb analysis arent great. You guys in this forum should start being more honest with him too so he dont lift himself too far up in his imaginary pedestal thinking that he is "good" LOL.

He took 60k battles to reach a 52% win ratio, this guy have clearly some serious "learning problems" or very slow learning speed or he just trolling here. He is very slow at making decisions, or bad at makign decisions/ often wrong decision making etc, or maybe he "just play for fun" which means he should not be making analysis. Why would he out of no where come to forum making "analisys" without any proof that he is actually knowining what he is talking about???? The result of bad players making analysis is dumb commentary that we can see here made by this guy.

What happened to this troll's "arty focus analisys" in the other thread??? No one go there because of his dumb analysis so he decided to come here try to troll instead. Go back play the game little troll, next tiime i ask for an analisys i will make sure to require at least to be a better player than me lol

Spoiler

i have no problem dealing with arrogant people, as long as they at least are good players. Now dealing with an arrogant bad players kills the fun and become a bad joke. Please puggsley take your reviews to whatever cave/hole you came out from and leave it there until it you found your clan of muppets so you can teach them that okay?

thx

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 July 2018 - 10:18 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #20 Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• 62455 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

You are so predictable.

And so fabulous at making assumptions. Maybe you have been drinking again?

You still haven't forgiven me for calling out your bullshite about 1 arty shooting at you not constituting focus fire have you? Maybe you were drunk then too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users