Jump to content


Matchmaker and Platoons


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Justa_Target #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11986 battles
  • 38
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

How come every time you platoon with your friends you end up bottom tier in over 95% of games?  Also, you get stuck with players of questionable abilities who couldnt pick their nose let alone a good tank and be stuck with these muppets nearly every time you platoon.  Are we supposed to carry these muppets?

 

Justa_Target

 


It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 57706 battles
  • 4,705
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012
That's why I don't platoon anymore except for t9.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


The_average_tanker #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 10268 battles
  • 384
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Also, you get stuck with players of questionable abilities who couldnt pick their nose let alone a good tank and be stuck with these muppets nearly every time you platoon. 

 

Has a 46.60% win rate. Talks shit about other players. :teethhappy:

 

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Are we supposed to carry these muppets?

 

Well i do not expect any person having a 46.6% winrate after 10k battles to carry me. So you can take it easy and play your natural game. It cannot get any worse. :trollface:


Edited by The_average_tanker, 11 July 2018 - 06:43 PM.

 

 

 

 


Justa_Target #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11986 battles
  • 38
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

Wow, coming from a brilliant player with so much experience like you, I bet your mother is proud of you. I bet you even screenshot your kills and put them on the fridge so daddy will be happy.  Your amazing skills show us lesser players how we can look at at you and wonder what are we doing wrong?    Please make sure you put your win8 and win rating on your job resume when you go for your first job at MacDonalds.  Who knows, you may even impress the girls with your prowess.

 

Muppet

 

JT


Edited by Justa_Target, 11 July 2018 - 07:12 PM.

It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


Zynth #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 23878 battles
  • 2,879
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

It's an MM quirk. Easier to stuff your platoon into the 7 in 3/5/7 with some margin for extra tanks than to try to shoehorn you into the top 3.


 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

 

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."


DeathsWeapon #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 30840 battles
  • 1
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 11 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

 

Has a 46.60% win rate. Talks shit about other players. :teethhappy:

 

Well i do not expect any person having a 46.6% winrate after 10k battles to carry me. So you can take it easy and play your natural game. It cannot get any worse. :trollface:

 

mate you should look into a mirror before you open you mouth  it seems you think your the Apollo of tanks but the mirror will tell you that you just another person who thinks your opinion counts but opinions are like [edited]-holes every one has one but nobody wants to hear form it as what it speaks usually stinks .

The_average_tanker #7 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 10268 battles
  • 384
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

Hey man, I am not a unicum and I will be the first to acknowledge that.

 

But you can go through my post history and find that I do not blame anyone for my shortcomings. Yup I have shitty stats and I am responsible for them. My stats are improving and yet again I am responsible for them.

 

While teams do affect your stats but on a whole i think the overall stats accurately describe the kind of player you are! 


 

 

 

 


The_average_tanker #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 10268 battles
  • 384
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Wow, coming from a brilliant player with so much experience like you, I bet your mother is proud of you. I bet you even screenshot your kills and put them on the fridge so daddy will be happy.  Your amazing skills show us lesser players how we can look at at you and wonder what are we doing wrong?    Please make sure you put your win8 and win rating on your job resume when you go for your first job at MacDonalds.  Who knows, you may even impress the girls with your prowess.

 

Muppet

 

JT

 

Well thanks for getting personal I guess. Really shows your age (mental or actual is anyone's guess).

 

How many more derogatory messages from the clan can i look forward to? 

 

 


 

 

 

 


Justa_Target #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11986 battles
  • 38
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 11 July 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Hey man, I am not a unicum and I will be the first to acknowledge that.

 

But you can go through my post history and find that I do not blame anyone for my shortcomings. Yup I have shitty stats and I am responsible for them. My stats are improving and yet again I am responsible for them.

 

While teams do affect your stats but on a whole i think the overall stats accurately describe the kind of player you are! 

 

Then dont start abusing someone for making a general statement, especially if you are around the same level.  Thats why it got personal.

 

JT.


It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


_EzioAuditore_ #10 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 57706 battles
  • 4,705
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012
Its ok, if The_average_tanker doesn't get to say it i think I can. Not the best either but i think recents top 0.01% (superuni before i stopped caring again) and being in a top 3 cw clan means I have some idea how to play the game, and honestly if you are doing below 49% you are more a cause of your team losing than your team on average and shouldn't be talking shit about them. I've been told to shut up by better players when i start raging so I don't see why someone who has a negative impact on his teams should be complaining about them. Improve your own performance first before complaining about teams.

Then again this isn't the point of the thread, so can be go more on topic again?

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


Justa_Target #11 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11986 battles
  • 38
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-
  • Member since:
    11-09-2016

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 11 July 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Its ok, if The_average_tanker doesn't get to say it i think I can. Not the best either but i think recents top 0.01% (superuni before i stopped caring again) and being in a top 3 cw clan means I have some idea how to play the game, and honestly if you are doing below 49% you are more a cause of your team losing than your team on average and shouldn't be talking shit about them. I've been told to shut up by better players when i start raging so I don't see why someone who has a negative impact on his teams should be complaining about them. Improve your own performance first before complaining about teams.

Then again this isn't the point of the thread, so can be go more on topic again?

 

The Lord from above has come down from his mountain to impart his wisdom and knowledge to us poor average/below average players.  Thank you for your great words of wisdom.  I shall endeavour to carry all the muppets in my team, even though they may have no idea how to play, I shall just spot, shoot and kill every tank with my Tier VI VK30.01M, taking all the damage and putting myself in harms way top protect everyone else.  

 

Sheesh.  Thanks buddy for all your great advice.  'Get Better'.  Perhaps when I get to 50,000+ battles I to can sit upon the same mountain as you and tell other players to 'Get Better'.

If you bothered to look at the thread from the start, it was a statement asking why when you platoon, you seem to always get stuck bottom tier.  It wasn't about my playing ability.   But then again, you did come down to impart some of your precious wisdom.  I shall take your wisdom and put it when I think it belongs.

 

Go back up to the clouds my friend, your day is past.

 

JT


Edited by Justa_Target, 11 July 2018 - 08:33 PM.

It's not about how good you are, it's about how stupid the rest of the team is and how stupid the enemy team is which makes a good game.

 


Napalmer #12 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 42014 battles
  • 2,559
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

So MM's current format is 3/5/7. It matches platoons of the same tier, and if possible also tries to balance the teams with similar tank types.

 

Now let's assume you're playing tier 8s.

Is MM likely to find you an exact match in the 3, 5 or 7 part of the MM more reliably?

You guessed it, the 7.

 

Hence why you're always bottom tier.


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           


JOC469 #13 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 67247 battles
  • 5,548
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

 

The Lord from above has come down from his mountain to impart his wisdom and knowledge to us poor average/below average players.  Thank you for your great words of wisdom.  I shall endeavour to carry all the muppets in my team, even though they may have no idea how to play, I shall just spot, shoot and kill every tank with my Tier VI VK30.01M, taking all the damage and putting myself in harms way top protect everyone else.  

 

Sheesh.  Thanks buddy for all your great advice.  'Get Better'.  Perhaps when I get to 50,000+ battles I to can sit upon the same mountain as you and tell other players to 'Get Better'.

If you bothered to look at the thread from the start, it was a statement asking why when you platoon, you seem to always get stuck bottom tier.  It wasn't about my playing ability.   But then again, you did come down to impart some of your precious wisdom.  I shall take your wisdom and put it when I think it belongs.

 

Go back up to the clouds my friend, your day is past.

 

JT

 

Somehow I don’t think you will be able to get your winnrate to the required winnrate in the next 40k battles.it is more likely people will still be telling you to “get gud”.

 

Your playing ability appears to be inline with your ability for statistical analysis. You make an unfounded generalisation without any evidence and it is JUST PLAIN WRONG. You also seem to have a habit of making ill informed posts on the forums and then sperging at  any player that disagrees with you who also usually have better win rates than you too.


 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


The_average_tanker #14 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 10268 battles
  • 384
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

Then dont start abusing someone for making a general statement, especially if you are around the same level.  Thats why it got personal.

 

JT.

 

Well if the post had been something like " How come every time you platoon with your friends you end up bottom tier in over 95% of games?". my reply would have been different. I mean i agree, it happens to me too. if i platoon, i will be bottom tier most of the time. Is it fun? No. but then you make it work, because there would be a platoon on the enemy team and you strive to be better than them. and you strive to be better than the same tier tank on the enemy team. and most of the times if you do this, you make a positive impact, which can help your team win. But then you go ahead and add this. 

View PostJusta_Target, on 11 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Also, you get stuck with players of questionable abilities who couldnt pick their nose let alone a good tank and be stuck with these muppets nearly every time you platoon.  Are we supposed to carry these muppets?

 

Justa_Target

 

This is what elicited that response. 

Surely i am not great, but then like i said, i do not blame others and i try to improve myself. Also your point of improving with enough battles under your belt is also moot. Just look at the friend who came to your defense. 30k battles but not much better. 

 

It is not the matchmaker, it is not the platooning, it is not the shit ping, etc, etc, etc. If you want to improve you have to realize that it is you.

 

I am proud that at one stage i had 350 wn8 and a 44% win rate. Not proud of those stats, but that i improved them to what they are today. even when i was that bad i never blamed the team, the mm, hacks, or anything else, because the only constant in all those battles was constant it was me. 

Stop complaining about the "muppets" on the server and try to improve yourself. 


 

 

 

 


AlexTheKid72 #15 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 14489 battles
  • 35
  • [REIGN] REIGN
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017

T7 platooning alot lately with clanmates/friends. 

Yes, almost every game bottom tier. What we strive to do is outperform enemy bottom tiers and if alive for endgame focus fire enemy op tonks.

Bottom tier with 2 people on the same page is better than top tier with 14 muppets.

Sunday we had a 10 win 4 loss run, mostly bottom tier. It was fun.

 

The advice from 50k game players helped me alot. They have the experience, listen.

Step 1 : do your hp worth of damage

Step 2 : translate said hp/damage into BETTER damage

Step 3 : grow some situational awareness

Step 4 : impact each game positively for your team

 

I'm still shit, but a sweeter more rose-scented kinda shit, eventually peeps will think I'm perfume I hope :p

 


Edited by AlexTheKid72, 12 July 2018 - 06:51 AM.

The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.

_EzioAuditore_ #16 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 57706 battles
  • 4,705
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012
I mean you were the one who started off the thread complaining about bad players, when pretty much most of the server plays better than you baring all the bots and grief accounts. Your attitude is wrong, and if you don't change it you will never go past 50% even if you reach 50k battles(for your information i was 50% at 10k anyway, even though i had 47%@5k), let alone any further. Yes mm screws over platoons for t8s (which gets dragged in into tier x) and tier x(which gives u full tier x games), its not as bad for low tiers and t9 (which is where most people spend most time grinding and play for fun), if you platoon with 2 people who are of similar skill to you, it skews the chance of you winning towards your average win rate even more, which in your case is probably <50%, as it makes carrying your platoon even harder for the rest of team. If you were solo you would both get top tier more, and also the team has a higher chance of carrying 1 bad player instead of 3, which means theoretically you should be winning more since you would be top tier more often as well. For me I don't really care either way, top tier or bottom tier i just try my best to carry, in fact bottom tier is better for grinding because i can get more exp, although being top tier is easier you get less damage.

Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 12 July 2018 - 09:45 AM.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


AlexTheKid72 #17 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 14489 battles
  • 35
  • [REIGN] REIGN
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017

Don't use stats to judge your team.

Use recent stats to judge yourself.

Improving? Keep doing it, it's working.

Stagnant? Step outside your box.

Declining? Whatever you changed sucks, go back to what worked.

Shit? Go watch lemmingrush .... he teaches the best, to  save yourself watch Claus. You are doing it wrong.


The first 9000 were a struggle ... I have fun now.




7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users