• This topic is locked This topic is locked
713 replies to this topic

Alastor_N #421 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• In-Training Moderator
  • 10664 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

View Postsamibsal, on 11 July 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

if hk server was there then why did you switched off SG server.you could have just turn on the HK server and by this you could have 3 asian servers.and there would'nt be any complains about ping and routing.

Perhaps because running 3 servers is more expensive then running 2?

Hate the game, not the player

Underhook #422 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

First lieutenant

• 30010 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

Deleted and sent through to our techies..
And for your privacy , I suggest you don't post tracert's publicly.

And its a common AUS issue at the moment, where the JP connection is having issues, and you shouldn't be going through JP either..

Which is being worked on , on a few levels.

Regards
Tan

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

ARMORED_PROFESSOR #423 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

Corporal

• 13397 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Hi wargaming,

This is armored professor from Pakistan. This decision of shutting down the SG server is going to cause serious problems for our player base which is ever increasing. I've read the previous posts and found that players in Sri-Lanka, India and Bangladesh are facing trouble too. Look, these guys are good and dedicated players. We are getting 400ms ping in Pakistan and I doubt anyone will continue to play the game if that kinda ping continues. You will lose a lot of good players who spend money on the game as well. I hope it s a problem that can get resolved through proper routing as you are claiming because otherwise, you are either going to bring back the SG or going to lose a lot of dedicated players. I say this taking myself as an example. I used to play on the EU server. I used to get 250 ms ping over there. Bad ping is a huge handicap, by the time your shell can reasonably land into an opponents tank, that player had already shot you and retreated into cover. That is the problem I faced on the EU server. I used to have sub-par games. Hated the way it felt. Hated the way I could not play to my full potential. Then one day, someone told me that you can get better ping on the SG server. I created a new account here and found out that the ping was a very good 140 ms. Started having great games, started having lots of fun, Unlocked a lot of tanks, even spent money on the game. Now? you are taking the only playable server from us. Losing a lot of players is the price WG can pay over here.

Scrubba #424 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:12 AM

Sergeant

• 32130 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTanitha, on 11 July 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Um not really..
Its being done by global connectivity experts.. not WG staff.

And they are doing everything..

But tracert's help.
So feel free to provide if you wish.

Regards
Tan

Interpreted as WG aren't really doing anything other than pissing in your boots. If you want action raise a ticket with your ISP and hope they give a shit

Tanitha #425 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:23 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostARMORED_PROFESSOR, on 12 July 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

Hi wargaming,

This is armored professor from Pakistan. This decision of shutting down the SG server is going to cause serious problems for our player base which is ever increasing. I've read the previous posts and found that players in Sri-Lanka, India and Bangladesh are facing trouble too. Look, these guys are good and dedicated players. We are getting 400ms ping in Pakistan and I doubt anyone will continue to play the game if that kinda ping continues. You will lose a lot of good players who spend money on the game as well. I hope it s a problem that can get resolved through proper routing as you are claiming because otherwise, you are either going to bring back the SG or going to lose a lot of dedicated players. I say this taking myself as an example. I used to play on the EU server. I used to get 250 ms ping over there. Bad ping is a huge handicap, by the time your shell can reasonably land into an opponents tank, that player had already shot you and retreated into cover. That is the problem I faced on the EU server. I used to have sub-par games. Hated the way it felt. Hated the way I could not play to my full potential. Then one day, someone told me that you can get better ping on the SG server. I created a new account here and found out that the ping was a very good 140 ms. Started having great games, started having lots of fun, Unlocked a lot of tanks, even spent money on the game. Now? you are taking the only playable server from us. Losing a lot of players is the price WG can pay over here.

There is issues with some Pakistan connectivity, its difficult , but we are trying to work on it.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Tanitha #426 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:29 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScrubba, on 12 July 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Interpreted as WG aren't really doing anything other than pissing in your boots. If you want action raise a ticket with your ISP and hope they give a shit

You already said you are going via Japan..
I've already said we are working on it.
You can send your trace to wherever you want, it wont make any difference, as we will alter the "via japan" routing AUS ISP's are incorrectly doing at the moment.

And if you want to help with tracert's pm me one..
Then we will know if our step one alterations to AUS connectivity have already taken place or not yet..
As we have made some changes already .. but these things take time to roll out and propagate.

So they take affect an unknown amount of hours after they are done.

Regards
Tan.

Scrubba #427 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:32 AM

Sergeant

• 32130 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTanitha, on 12 July 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

You already said you are going via Japan..
I've already said we are working on it.
You can send your trace to wherever you want, it wont make any difference, as we will alter the "via japan" routing AUS ISP's are incorrectly doing at the moment.

And if you want to help with tracert's pm me one..
Then we will know if our step one alterations to AUS connectivity have already taken place or not yet..
As we have made some changes already .. but these things take time to roll out and propagate.

So they take affect an unknown amount of hours after they are done.

Regards
Tan.

Thats great if your working with AUS RSPs, would it be that hard to relay the information on to your customers so each individual doesnt have to recreate the wheel? Theres only one reason you dont want to share that information....

Tanitha #428 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:35 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 11 July 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Me too. 310ms from WA. 

And whats it now 9 hours later..

As far as I'm aware.. awaiting confirmation, Singapore to HK was 120 and now down to 50..
So WA should be going Perth to Sing to HK
Last i knew WA was going Perth to East to Japan to HK, thus the large pings.

Regards
Tan

JACKEL55 #429 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

Corporal

• 7297 battles
  • [NSS] NSS
Tanitha do you know when the ping will be fix . I am getting killed out here.

Tanitha #430 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:48 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJACKEL55, on 12 July 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Tanitha do you know when the ping will be fix . I am getting killed out here.

A lot didnt need fixing.
A lot we have already fixed.

More tomorrow, more by the end of the week, and some wont be fixed by this week.

Give us a bit of time to work out whats been fixed already.
Its a little hard to say when things are fixed, as I said above ..  because after we fix things (Change ISP's routing) it doesn't take affect until XX hours later until it propagates through ..

Regards
Tan.

Scrubba #431 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:52 AM

Sergeant

• 32130 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTanitha, on 12 July 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

A lot didnt need fixing.
A lot we have already fixed.

More tomorrow, more by the end of the week, and some wont be fixed by this week.

Give us a bit of time to work out whats been fixed already.
Its a little hard to say when things are fixed, as I said above ..  because after we fix things (Change ISP's routing) it doesn't take affect until XX hours later until it propagates through ..

Regards
Tan.

So are WG working directly with RSP's to optimise routing paths or are you hoping enough ppl from affected areas will complain to their RSPs that after a week this will be mostly resolved?

Tanitha #432 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScrubba, on 12 July 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

Thats great if your working with AUS RSPs, would it be that hard to relay the information on to your customers so each individual doesnt have to recreate the wheel? Theres only one reason you dont want to share that information....

I don't know if we are working with AUS ISP's or not to be honest..
As far as I'm aware, our techies change the ISP's routing ourselves, or it gets ordered in the system and then done....
Anyway that's the techies job, so I leave it to them..

I've already stated tracert's are useful, so pm it if you wish, or not if you dont wish, whatever.

Regards
Tan

Tanitha #433 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:56 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScrubba, on 12 July 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

So are WG working directly with RSP's to optimise routing paths or are you hoping enough ppl from affected areas will complain to their RSPs that after a week this will be mostly resolved?

Our techies will likely be the ones changing the routing.. As I've stated in the thread many times.
If you wish to not believe anything i write that fine, but it makes it pointless asking me many questions : )

Regards

Tan

Tanitha #434 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScrubba, on 12 July 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

+ as i stated earlier, i've said its pretty pointless players contacting their ISP , as we will be the ones changing the routing..
Players are free to complain to ISP's if they wish .. as its always good to have it being worked on from both sides..
But ... we will likely be the ones changing the routing.

So as I said, tracert's PM'ed are useful..

Regards
Tan.

Scrubba #435 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

Sergeant

• 32130 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Tan, with respect your techies cant do anything directly to influence a routing path for an end client. Its the RSP's (Retail Service Provider) that make those changes and only after being directed too by a customer (assuming your customer knows what they're asking for!)

This is why i asked if you had a list of RSPs that you had been working with, as this is the only thing that would help your customers to know whether they are being looked after or not! Honestly if you had been working with a core group of RSP's it wouldn't be that hard to communicate that to your paying customer base and advise an honest timeframe for a resolution to a WG change that hadn't been in any way communicated!.

Edited by Scrubba, 12 July 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Tanitha #436 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScrubba, on 12 July 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

Tan, with respect your techies cant do anything directly to influence a routing path for an end client. Its the RSP's (Retail Service Provider) that make those changes and only after being directed too by a customer (assuming your customer knows what they're asking for!)

This is why i asked if you had a list of RSPs that you had been working with, as this is the only thing that would help your customers to know whether they are being looked after or not! Honestly if you had been working with a core group of RSP's it wouldn't be that hard to communicate that to your paying customer base and advise an honest timeframe for a resolution to a WG change that hadn't been in any way communicated!.

Hi.

It doesn't work that way.. It works similar to what i've stated.
Our team of techies, which are global connectivity experts.. will alter all, or at least most, of the bad routing from all countries / all isp's.

We don't have a local novice on the phone talking to a few AUS ISP's. it much larger scale than that : )

AUS -> HK which is currently being incorrectly routed via Japan (in a lot of cases).

Will likely soon swap to,  as a short term 1/2 fix (Step 1) .... AUS -> Sing -> HK to bypass the issues with Japan at the moment.
And then longer term (Step 2), swap to AUS -> probably Guam -> HK for a more permanent / more optimal resolution.

The above will likely happen, with or without your trace, and with or without you contacting your ISP.

But as i said, tracert's are always useful.
Then we can see what your connection is doing at the moment, and if its swapped to via Singapore or not yet, ETC..

Either way the techies are on it .. and its being worked on..

Regards
Tan

Scrubba #437 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

Sergeant

• 32130 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTanitha, on 12 July 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

Hi.

It doesn't work that way.. It works similar to what i've stated.
Our team of techies, which are global connectivity experts.. will alter all, or at least most, of the bad routing from all countries / all isp's.

We don't have a local novice on the phone talking to a few AUS ISP's. it much larger scale than that : )

AUS -> HK which is currently being incorrectly routed via Japan (in a lot of cases).

Will likely soon swap to,  as a short term 1/2 fix (Step 1) .... AUS -> Sing -> HK to bypass the issues with Japan at the moment.
And then longer term (Step 2), swap to AUS -> probably Guam -> HK for a more permanent / more optimal resolution.

The above will likely happen, with or without your trace, and with or without you contacting your ISP.

But as i said, tracert's are always useful.
Then we can see what your connection is doing at the moment, and if its swapped to via Singapore or not yet, ETC..

Either way the techies are on it .. and its being worked on..

Regards
Tan

LOL

Pwnedbyanoob #438 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:38 AM

Private

• 31223 battles

I tried wtfast.  Got me from 200 ish down to 160 ish! (I was 130 to singapore)

Sebbyman #439 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:29 AM

Private

• 4187 battles

Hey Tan,

Whatever your team did for Aus worked, at least for me in Brisbane.  Am now getting 166 ping down from 350+  Still not as good as what SG server was at 100-130 but is at the very least playable.

MM_is_Broken #440 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:38 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 16812 battles

isnt it just great they change something and it turns into players suffering

i dont  even understand why they did this 

i guess just to piss off more players

another nail in the wg coffin 

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users