• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

DanLBob #21 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 23286 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostConan, on 16 July 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

I have a feeling that people who refuse to turn off XVM do so because they need something to blame for their own poor game play. 

Yes, I endorse not using XVM as well. I tried it years ago, removed it, and now I only blame myself for the stupid things I do in a battle. At the end of the day, the laughter may or may not be fake, but the tears are real... :teethhappy:

Well frankly you are likely just as guilty of unwarranted generalisation as many of the people you oppose. It seems that some vocal good players don't like XVM because they feel it highlights them as primary targets, particularly for arty. Good player don't really need to worry about the other players skills beacuse more often than not they are the best player on the team and whatever they do will be the best choice.

Some bad players seem to exhibit the sort of behavior espoused by the OP and therefore handicap their teams by suiciding/YOLOing etc although its debatable if its actually any real loss to the team.

In the middle though (where the bulk of players and likely also XVM users sit) are the average players who are well aware of their own limitations, the fact they generally can't carry on their own but can play well enough to support a smart play from someone else. Those players want to know where best to direct their attentions and who to watch to better learn how to improve their own performance and ability to one day be a "good" player. Now sure they might gain that information by watching players in battle but even then how do you know if that successful strategy or play style was just a fluke without reference to some form of stats. After all how many times have we seen players decried in these forums for basing some sweeping generalisation upon there own (likely biased) observations is a relatively small number of games where they were actually paying attention? A tool like XVM is one of the few ways to gain good solid data on who to watch and learn from in the most important place to learn ie in game.

Dan

yes I use XVM I use it as an excuse for my many many bad game decisions. Check my post history, all the evidence is right there.

Mystblade #22 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11230 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostRighteous_End, on 16 July 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Well your lucky then.. I spend 99.95% of my life in the bottom tier. I think the people who get upset are the same.

I wonder if wargaming has MM completely rigged. I mean not only do you get bottom tier, but you get in a team 

of below average player or really BAD players, while the other side is full of Above average to very good players.

WG say there is nothing they can do, but it seems to me they have made it so part of the population of players

are stuck in the slums while the rest are like the rich and get all the good teams.

Funny how MM seems to mimmic real life that way hey?

As for being banned for killing yourself. I think you have to do it a lot to be banned. There are games where we all do it

because we get sick of the pointless games when we see unicums on one side and all bad players on their own team.

I sometimes just do nothing at let the enemy team kill me... I mean when your whole team die and you are surrounded by

4-8+ tanks. What can you do? NOTHING!!

Turn of XVM - I have.. and it makes a world fo differnce.. I track my own stats out side of the game. and use PR.
XVM can just tilt you and is not an overly great indicator for recent play anyway.

Zynth #23 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23652 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I stopped using XVM after I got lazy about installing and having to switch it on all the time.

Then again the amount of effort and care I put into the game have dropped to "I main artillery now" levels.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Mystblade #24 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 11230 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postspacewolf, on 16 July 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Turn off xvm, problem solved.

Seriously, turning off xvm removes any negative mindset. You literally then just play the damn game for what it is - tank against tank. You then have no idea who is better or not, and this allows you to just focus on gameplay.

this 1000 times this... checking your own stats is cool. and personally I find knowing other players stats are cool to compare but check them once the game is over if your really must know.

XVM doesn't show recent rates so really doesn't mean a heap. as even the most lowly Tomato can carry a game.

All it does is tilts people.

I have turned it off and focused on how "I" play the game and my game play has improved tremendously.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #25 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

First lieutenant

• 35078 battles

remember when u are a T54 mod in a tier 10 MM match and damages a BC25t 3 times you will get 3 times more XP than a BC25t who shots and damages a T54 mod.

Tier 8 tanks in tier 10 MM are great for crew training, its the easiest way grind XP, except if you have a tier 7 premium tank, which are better than tier 6 premium tanks but not better (or worse)  than tier 8s to earn XP. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 July 2018 - 03:42 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users