REPLAY SUGGESTIONS!

replays fix replay suggestions suggestion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

tankmanning #1 Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

Private

• 9297 battles

By god was I surprised when I actually tried to film today. The actual replay system is extremely poor in terms of using it for this purpose.

List of the most important suggestions I've noticed:

FREECAM Plenty of mods for it but not in the actual game

MOVEMENT SPEED Setting's to be able to change a camera's movement speed. Trying to get the perfect shot with WASD is the most annoying thing and using it for panning shots is impossible, too fast.

JOYSTICK/CONTROLLER COMPATIBILITY For the love of god why isn't this already an option, literally have it on console. #1 thing is that it dramatically helps smoothen the movement of the camera.

VISIBILITY OF ALL TANKS IN TEAM TRAINING/REPLAYS Hard to make a "machinima" or movie because you can't see half your actors.

BETTER FORWARD AND REWIND BUTTONS The rewind system is poor. To go backwards 20 seconds the replay has to completely reload the whole scene. Maybe make a true rewind button that rewinds properly or maybe make it rewind 5 seconds at a time rather than the 20 seconds we have right now.

Less important suggestions/bugs:

Explosions become invisible when you're too close

Tanks begin to almost teleport forward when at a distance (looks like lag)

That's all I can see.

Cheers

Edit: am considering switching "platforms" just to make this, due to the amount of effort and planning that went into this and how much of a disappoint it was when I found out how poor replays were.

Edited by tankmanning, 27 July 2018 - 09:36 PM.

The_average_tanker #2 Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12993 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ
Made a post on reddit today?

Wolvenworks #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 13514 battles
  • [DONUT] DONUT
welcome to my woes couple years ago when i was still trying to make youtube videos. the poor controls made me gave up better editing in favour of the absolute minimal for of editing: transitions and BGMs. yes i'm really bad at editing videos.

tankmanning #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Private

• 9297 battles

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 25 July 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Made a post on reddit today?

Plan to now :P

tankmanning #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Private

• 9297 battles

View PostWolvenworks, on 26 July 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

welcome to my woes couple years ago when i was still trying to make youtube videos. the poor controls made me gave up better editing in favour of the absolute minimal for of editing: transitions and BGMs. yes i'm really bad at editing videos.

I consider myself experienced with editing, just don't have any legitimate content to edit.

Puggsley #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• 69830 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I do miss the free cam available in WoWS when I come back and have the odd game in WoT.

_Sp4rtacus_ #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

Sergeant

• 7278 battles

FREECAM replays in this would be great both as a spectator after you die and for Replays .

Rather than downloading a mod .

In saying that is their an user friendly mod that doesnt cause problems to the game aka lag etc ?

Wait for WOT could be waiting forever. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users